https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (20/10/11)...

Started by WhiteJC, October 20, 2011, 07:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

WISLA KRAKOW v FULHAM
COTTAGERS CAN TRIUMPH IN POLAND

Michael Lintorn expects Fulham to edge closer to a place in the knockout rounds with victory away to Wisla Krakow on Thursday teatime...

Whereas Fulham's Premier League record of seven points from eight games is rather poor, they have been very impressive in Europe, with the fact that they have already played nine times in the Europa League no doubt a factor in their slow domestic start.

The Cottagers have won five and drawn three of their encounters to date as they bid to repeat their heroic run to the final two years ago, and they have triumphed twice on their travels, including in their last Group K clash in Odense.

Those results leave them joint-top with Dutch side Twente, whereas latest opponents Wisla Krakow are bottom without a point having most disappointingly been beaten in Poland by unfancied Odense.

Wisla have been victorious in only two of their last seven as hosts in this competition, losing four of those, with Premier League clubs Blackburn and Tottenham among those that they have dropped points to, so a back of the visitors at 2.24 appeals.

Over/under 2.5 goals

Martin Jol's men have scored just three times in their last eight away matches - though admittedly two of those did come in their last continental tie in Denmark - however they have been strong defensively over that period, conceding seven and keeping four clean sheets.

Those two trends point to both a flutter on under 2.5 goals at 1.81 and also the Fulham clean sheet at a chunkier price of 2.8 as wise investments.

Admittedly, attack has been one area that Wisla have delivered in Europe this season, but they have been shut out three times in seven Ekstraklasa fixtures, so don't read too much into their two Europa League strikes. Fulham are 3.7 to win to nil.

Match odds:
Wisla Krakow 3.75, Fulham 2.24, The Draw 3.4

Best Bet:
Fulham to win @ 2.24

Other Recommended Bet:
Under 2.5 goals @ 1.81

http://www.sportingpreview.com/football2012/11121550.php?

WhiteJC

Wisla Krakow V Fulham – Great 6/1 1st Goalscorer Bet Tonight

Fulham travel to Poland looking to continue their impressive run in this seasons Europa League, while the Poles will be looking for their first point of the group stages.

Wisla Krakow have only lost two of their last ten homes games in Europe, and they have won all of their last three games at home in all competitions. For a win tonight they are a best price of 11/4 (3.75) at VCBet and for the game to be drawn SkyBet offer another decent price of 5/2 (3.50).

Fulham may only be 14th in the Premier League, but in Europe they are a different outfit. They entered this seasons Europa League at the very first stage and they are the only team that is still standing from that first qualifying round. In their 10 Europa League fixtures they have lost just the once, and in their five away games they have a good looking record of W2, D2, L1.

For a Fulham win tonight 11/10 (2.10) is widely available, but at Sportingbet and Paddy Power 23/20 (2.15) is on offer.

Fulham striker Andrew Johnson is a man in form, scoring six in his last three games, and he has scored six times in nine Europa League games. He is 11/2 (6.50) in most places to score the first goal of the game tonight, but at Paddy Power 6/1 (7.0) is on offer. For him to find the net at anytime Paddy Power again offer the best price which is a good looking 2/1 (3.0).

Poland is never an easy place to visit, ask Barcelona they lost in the Champions League in 2008, but Blackburn Rovers won in 2006 and Tottenham Hotspur drew in 2008. Fulham will be looking to pick up at least a point tonight, if not all three and Andrew Johnson could be the man that helps them do just that.

http://bettinglatest.com/wisla-krakow-v-fulham-–-great-61-1st-goalscorer-bet-tonight/19641?

WhiteJC

HOME WIN AGAINST QPR EARNS FULHAM THE ACCOLADE

The League Managers Association five-man Performance of the Week panel, comprising LMA Chairman Howard Wilkinson, Sir Alex Ferguson, Joe Royle, Dave Bassett and Barry Fry, were in agreement that this week, the F&C Thames River Performance of the Week Award should go to Fulham following their excellent 6-0 home win against QPR in the Barclays Premier League on Sunday 2nd October 2011. 

Fulham manager Martin Jol will receive a specially engraved crystal football in a presentation to be screened on Sky Soccer Saturday on 15th October 2011.

Fulham recorded their first league victory of the 2010/11 campaign with a convincing win over their London rivals at Craven Cottage.

Andrew Johnson became the first Fulham player to score a hat-trick in the Barclays Premier League and he was quick to open the scoring after just after 78 seconds before Danny Murphy converted a penalty. Johnson then added two more goals either side of the interval, with Clint Dempsey and Bobby Zamora later completing the scoring for the hosts.

After the match, Jol was delighted with the result and hailed the performance of striker Johnson;

"I felt we played very well from the start. I'm very satisfied.

"We created a lot of chances and Andy Johnson put the ball into the back of the net.
"Remember that both Johnson and Zamora were both out injured, so it was nice to see them play together well.

"That is what Johnson is capable of and that's what I said at the start of the season. He's quick, he wants to work and he's a team player and now he proves that he can score goals as well and that is good."

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/managers/pow-6871.html?

WhiteJC

Wisla Krakow v Fulham: Match preview

Wisla Krakow v Fulham;
Europa League;
Stadion Miejski;
Thurs, 20th Oct; 2005 KO

Team news

Bobby Zamora and Clint Dempsey have not travelled with the Fulham squad, while Danny Murphy took a knock to his knee and won't play. Moussa Dembele is set to feature, despite suffering from an ankle problem, while Philippe Senderos is out.

Wisla Krakow are without forward Patryk Maleki, who has suffered a broken shinbone. Dudu Biton and Ivica Iliev look likely to lead the side in the forward line after their successful partnership against FC Twente.

Kasami targets first Fulham strike

Pajtim Kasami is desperate to get on the scoresheet for Fulham tonight, with the midfielder hoping to score his first goal for the side as the Cottagers take on Polish outfit Wisla Krakow.

Kasami joined Fulham at the end of July for a reported fee of £3.5 million, but has struggled to find his feet in-front of goal.

But with Clint Dempsey and Bobby Zamora out of the squad tonight, the 19-year-old feels it's his chance to step up and be counted.

"These games maybe give me more chances to play and a chance to get a goal which will help me get my Fulham career going," he said.

"I hope that once I score, it will get better for me and help me reach my right level.

"The Premier League is very important, but for me the Europa League is equally so because you always get more experience playing in Europe and it's always exciting to play."

While Fulham will find the travelling fixture against Wisla tough, Kasami is aiming to keep the club's away momentum going strong as they aim to win their first European trophy.

"Normally, home form will probably decide if we progress," he explained. "But maybe this time we have a chance to go on by doing well away.

"We can get into a really strong position after these two away games."

http://www.givemefootball.com/europa-league/wisla-krakow-v-fulham-match-preview?

WhiteJC

Kasami Looking For Breakthrough!

One of our recent signings, and younger members of our squad, Pajtim Kasami, is hoping that the Stadion Miesjski, will be the stadium in which he`ll score his first goal for Fulham.

The young midfielder views that first senior goal as being the goal that will take his fledgling Fulham career to the next level with the Swiss international remarking,

"These games maybe give me more chances to play and a chance to get a goal which will help me get my Fulham career going."

"I hope that once I score, it will get better for me and help me reach the right level."

"The Premier League is very important, but for me the Europa League is equally so because you always get more experience playing in Europe and it`s exciting to play."

Now I wonder what the odds will be on Kasami getting the first goal!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=259562#ixzz1bKzA50lf

WhiteJC

Not Again?

Our Europa League campaign continues tonight, over in Poland, and once again Martin Jol has rotated his squad.

The tabloid press has been quick to comment on the fact that Bobby Zamora has been left behind again, whilst also mentioning that Clint Dempsey is another that hasn`t traveled.

Our plans have also been affected by the news that Danny Murphy isn`t in the party courtesy of an injury picked up at Stoke, on Saturday.

Returning to the press coverage though, Jol has offered a few comments that try to quell the apparent picture painted that suggests being left in London may well fabricate an air of discontent, with the boss commenting,

"It is a good attitude if they want to play in all these games but I don`t think there is any issue."

"Danny Murphy is injured, so he stayed in London and we decided to rest Zamora and Dempsey."

"Murphy picked up a knee injury, it was very painful, it was very painful and we decided not to take a risk."

Obviously, Martin has decided where his priorities lie and acted accordingly!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=259563#ixzz1bKzPgZTa

WhiteJC

Experienced trio miss out

Fulham will be without key trio Danny Murphy, Bobby Zamora and Clint Dempsey for tonight's Europa League clash at Wisla Krakow.

Murphy missed out on the trip to Poland with a knee injury, while Zamora and Dempsey are being rested by boss Martin Jol.
Philippe Senderos (thigh) is also out, handing a chance to young players Kerim Frei and Alex Smith.
Fulham squad: Schwarzer, Etheridge, Kelly, Riise, Hangeland, Baird, Hughes, Grygera, Briggs, Smith, Sidwell, Kasami, Gecov, Duff, Etuhu, Frei, Johnson, Sa, Dembele.

http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/experienced-trio-miss-out-1315370.html?

WhiteJC

Europa Collection

Brand new UEFA Europa League Merchandise

The brand new UEFA Europa League merchandise is now available for you to order, with some fantastic products this is a selection not to be missed!

Check out the new range and order yours today!

Fulham FC are proud to present the official and exclusive UEFA Europa home shirt to be worn in this season's European campaign.

This version of the home shirt features the fantastic Europa League patch applied to the right sleeve, and is also available with a European name and number for only £12 extra.

With sizes for both adults and children this is the ideal shirt to cheer on the lads while watching some European action!

Also featuring in the official UEFA Europa league range, this Fulham FC black beanie hat has the UEFA Europa League logo to the reverse and the FFC crest to the front.  A cool style to keep you warm on those winter nights at the Cottage.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/October/UEFAEuropaLeaguecollection.aspx#ixzz1bL051zcC

WhiteJC

TRANSFER RUMOUR - STRIKER MOUNIR EL HAMDAOUI

Atletico Madrid have reportedly joined the race to sign Fulham target Mounir El Hamdaoui from Ajax in the January window.

Cottagers chief Martin Jol was heavily linked with a swoop for the Morocco international during the summer transfer window when it became clear he had little future under Frank De Boer at the Amsterdam Arena following Jol's departure at the turn of the year.

And, as Jol also managed El Hamdaoui during his stint in charge of Tottenham, it seems that he could try and take him to Craven Cottage to beef up his attacking options in the New Year.

Ajax reportedly wanted £8million for El Hamdaoui's signature in the summer, but could be ready to listen to offers of just £2.5million in January which would be much more appealing to Jol.

However, the chance to sign the 27-year-old on a cut-price deal has now alerted Atletico Madrid, who lost the likes of Diego Forlan and Sergio Aguero in the summer transfer window.

http://www.fulhamweb.co.uk/news/Transfer-rumour-Striker-Mounir-El-Hamdaoui.aspx

WhiteJC

Team News: Wisla Krakow v Fulham
by DAN on OCTOBER 20, 2011

WISLA KRAKOW (4-4-2): Pareiko; Lamey, Diaz, Chavez, Jaliens; Gargula, Nunez, Kirm, Wilk; Biton, Iliev. Subs: Jovanic, Czekaj, Paljic, Jirak, Brud, Boguski, Genkov.

FULHAM (4-4-2): Schwarzer, Kelly, Briggs, Hughes, Hangeland; Etuhu, Gecov, Duff, Dembele; Sa, Johnson. Subs: Etheridge, J.A. Riise, Baird, Sidwell, Kasami, Frei, Trotta.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2011/10/team-news-wisla-krakow-v-fulham/?