watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (21/10/11)...

Started by WhiteJC, October 21, 2011, 07:13:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham boss Martin Jol slams Wisla Krakow's Gervasio Nunez for 'making a meal' of Moussa Dembele push
The Dutchman stopped short of criticising referee Martin Hansson after the controversial straight red card to his midfielder, but admitted Nunez conned the official

Fulham manager Martin Jol criticised Wisla Krakow's Gervasio Nunez for "making a meal" of a push from Moussa Dembele, an incident which saw the midfielder sent off during a 1-0 Europa League defeat.

Dembele was dismissed after he shoved Nunez in the shoulder after just 25 minutes, although the Argentine went down clutching his face.

Krakow went on to win the game through a David Biton strike from range but the incident left Jol with a bitter taste in his mouth.

"Referees make decisions but I would say that in the first minute one of my players was kicked and it should have been a red card," Jol told reporters after the game.

"Okay, he didn't give it. There were three other fouls but we didn't complain.

"We are an English team, we stood up and got on with the game.

"But it was disappointing in the second half. Pajtim Kasami had his shirt pulled and it should have been [Chavez's] second yellow card but he didn't do it. It was probably the big difference tonight.

"Of course we would never complain about the red card but it was a push on the shoulder.

"After being kicked. He made a meal of it."

The result leaves Fulham second in Group K after three games, three points behind FC Twente.

Jol added: "You could say it was a frustrating evening.

"Before the sending off I think we were in control.

"The pace was good, possession play was good and I was very satisfied.

"Then we got a straight red card and that makes it difficult for any team.

"After that they had more confidence, of course, because they played with 11 players and it was an awful night for us.

"Even after that we should have had a couple of decisions. You can't say anything about the referee, bad or good."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2915/europa-league/2011/10/20/2720835/fulham-boss-martin-jol-slams-wisla-krakows-gervasio-nunez?

WhiteJC

Jol laments injustice in Poland

MARTIN Jol said his players got a raw deal in Krakow as they had Moussa Dembele harshly sent off and lost 1-0.

The Fulham boss pointed to an early raised boot on Brede Hangeland which did not invoke a red card, whereas Dembele was dismissed for an innocuous push on an apponent who feigned injury to his face.

"It was an wful night for us," Jol said. "Of course you shouldn't raise your hand. He [Dembele] pushed him [Gervasion Nunez] on the shoulder and you shouldn't do that. The referee gave us a red card, but we felt hard done by."

"I would say that in the first minute one of my players was kicked and it should have been a red card. There were three other fouls but we didn't complain."

The Whites had a good penalty appeal turned down when Hangeland was brought down in the Wisla penalty area.

"Sometimes you are a bit lucky with the situation," said Jol. "With Brede Hangeland it was probably a penalty but he didn't give it. You depend on a few situations like that, but they didn't go our way so that was unfortunate.

"But we will get on with it – we'll get them at home and we'll wait and see."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/10/20/jol-laments-injustice-in-poland-64767-29634409/?#ixzz1bOeQcA7Q

WhiteJC

Jol vents frustration after 'awful night' in Krakow

Martin Jol admitted Fulham suffered an "awful night" in Poland after defeat to Wisla Krakow was compounded by Moussa Dembélé's harsh-looking red card and an injury to Orlando Sa.

The Belgium international's dismissal paved the way for the Polish champions to secure their first Group K points, with David Biton striking the all-important goal in a 1-0 win.

The incident occurred during an innocuous passage, when Dembélé pushed over Gervasio Nunez after he caught him on the back of the ankle.

The Argentinian midfielder went down clutching his face despite being pushed at shoulder height, leading referee Martin Hansson to hand Dembélé a straight red card.

"You could say it was a frustrating evening," Jol said. "Before the sending off I think we were in control. Then we got a straight red card and that makes it difficult for any team. It was an awful night for us."

Hansson famously missed Thierry Henry's handball during France's World Cup play-off victory against the Republic of Ireland.

Jol's sense of injustice in Poland was strengthened by the Swedish referee's failure to send off Ivica Iliev in the opening minutes and decision not to give Osman Chavez a second yellow card.

"I would say that in the first minute one of my players was kicked and it should have been a red card," Jol added. "But it was disappointing in the second half. Pajtim Kasami had his shirt pulled and it should have been [Chavez's] second yellow card."

Orlando Sa hobbled off with what looked to be a hamstring injury in the second half. "It could be a real problem," Jol said of the injury. "It could be weeks [he is out for]."

Wisla Krakow (4-4-2): Pareiko; Jaliens, Chavez, Lamey, Diaz; Gargula (Brud, 79), Nunez, Kirm (Czekaj, 90), Wilk; Biton, Iliev (Boguski, 86). Substitutes not used Jovanic (gk), Paljic, Jirsak, Genkov.

Fulham (4-4-2): Schwarzer; Kelly, Hangeland, Hughes, Briggs (Frei, 87); Duff, Gecov (Sidwell, 75), Etuhu, Sa (Kasami, 58); Dembélé, Johnson. Substitutes not used Etheridge (gk), Riise, Baird, Trotta.

Referee M Hansson (Sweden).

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/jol-vents-frustration-after-awful-night-in-krakow-2373831.html?

WhiteJC

Wisla Krakow 1 - 0 Fulham

MOUSSA Dembele's red card turned a difficult night for Fulham into a frustrating Europa League defeat in Poland.

The Belgium international's harsh-looking sending off paved the way for the Polish champions to secure their first Group K points, with David Biton striking the all-important goal at Stadion Miejski.

Dembele was sent off just before the half-hour mark for a push on Gervasio Nunez. The man advantage gave Wisla the edge and Biton's 22-yard effort in the 60th minute condemned Fulham to defeat.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/european/wisla_krakow_1_0_fulham_1_1922888

WhiteJC

W KRAKOW 1 FULHAM 0: MARTIN JOL'S FURY AT BLUNDER REF

MARTIN JOL blasted ­blunder referee Martin Hansson for costing 10-man Fulham their ­unbeaten group record.

Hansson sent off Mousa Dembele for a stupid but soft 30th-minute shove to the shoulder of Krakow's Gervasio Nunez, who went down clutching his face.

David Biton then scored a 60th-minute winner for the Polish champions – who were lucky not to have Ivica Iliev sent off after barely a minute.

Krakow ended a brutal game shorthanded as well when Osman Chavez received a second booking late on for a hack at striker Andy Johnson.

But Jol thought Iliev's offence – when the winger planted his studs in Brede Hangeland's chest kung-fu style – was much worse.

He said: "We should have had a couple of decisions. In the first minute one of my players was kicked and it should have been a red card.

"I was angry. I felt it was a bit harsh giving a red card to Mousa because, if you see it, he pushed him in the shoulder.

"He made a meal of it. We felt hard done by. It was an awful night for us. The red card made such a difference. You shouldn't raise your hands but we saw it happen a couple of times."

Swedish referee Hansson is the man who failed to spot Thierry Henry's infamous handball against the Republic of Ireland in World Cup qualifying.

He was probably swayed in his decision to send off Dembele by some shameful play-acting from Argentine Nunez.

But his decision to show Iliev only a yellow card for that stamp to Hangeland's chest was just as bad.

Iliev went on to hit the crossbar with a shot which took a wicked deflection off Hangeland and he was a constant thorn in Fulham's side.

Dembele receives an automatic one-match ban, meaning he will miss the rematch against Krakow on November 3, while the Cottagers still have work to do in Group K as they now trail leaders Twente by three points.

They probably hoped this game would be abandoned when the lights in one corner of the ground failed at half-time. But after a 13-minute delay the game restarted and Biton smashed home the winner from 25 yards.

Fulham target man Orlando Sa could also be a doubt for the rematch after he hobbled off in the 58th minute with what looked to be a hamstring injury. "It could be a real problem," Jol said of the injury. "It could be weeks [he is out for]."

While Jol was left disappointed, fellow Dutchman and Krakow manager Robert Maaskant was more philosophical.

Asked whether Nunez had play-acted after Dembele's push, he smiled and, after a brief pause, said: "Jol probably just has to look back at the situation. I don't think you're supposed to hit players on the pitch.

"I still believe Fulham have a better squad – just look at their budget. But before the red card we created chances. We played very compact and did a great job.

"We were the better team, but we have to see what happens when we go to London."

Wisla Krakow (4-4-2): Pareiko; Jaliens, Chavez, Lamey, Diaz; Gargula (Brud 79), Nunez, Kirm (Czekaj 90), Wilk; Biton, Iliev (Boguski 86). Booked: Chavez, Illiev. Sent off: Chavez 87. Goal: Biton 60.

Fulham (4-4-2): Schwarzer; Kelly, Hangeland, Hughes, Briggs (Frei 87); Duff, Gecov (Sidwell 75), Etuhu, Orlando Sa (Kasami 58); Dembele, Johnson. Sent off: Dembele 30.

Referee: M Hansson (Sweden).

http://www.express.co.uk/football/view/278763/W-Krakow-1-Fulham-0-Martin-Jol-s-fury-at-blunder-ref?

WhiteJC

WISLA KRAKOW 1 FULHAM 0: MARTIN JOL BLASTS REFEREE AS WISLA SET MOUS TRAP

MARTIN JOL blasted blunder ref Martin Hansson for costing ten-man Fulham their unbeaten record in Group K.

Hansson sent off Moussa Dembele for a stupid but soft 30th-minute shove to the shoulder of Gervasio Nunez, who went down clutching his face.

David Biton then scored a 60th-minute winner for Wisla – who were lucky not to have Ivica Iliev sent off after barely a minute.

But the home side did end a brutal game shorthanded as well when Osman Chavez received a second booking for a hack at Andy Johnson late on.

Fulham boss Jol thought Iliev's offence – when the winger planted his studs in Brede Hangeland's chest kung-fu style – was much worse.

He said: "We should have had a couple of decisions. In the first minute one of my players was kicked and it should have been a red.

"I was angry. I felt it was a bit harsh giving a red card to Moussa because if you see it, he pushed him in the shoulder.

"He made a meal of it. But that's football nowadays. We felt hard done by. It was an awful night for us. The red card made such a difference.

"You shoudn't raise your hands but we saw the same thing happen a couple of times."

Controversial Swedish ref Hansson is also the man who failed to spot Thierry Henry's infamous handball for France against the Republic of Ireland.

And he was probably swayed in his decision to send off Dembele by some shameful play-acting from Argentine Nunez.

But his decision to show Iliev only a yellow card for that stamp to Hangeland's chest was just as bad.

Iliev went on to hit the crossbar with a shot which took a wicked deflection off Hangeland, and was a constant thorn in Fulham's side.

Dembele now faces a one-match ban, while the Cottagers still have work to do to get out of their group as they now trail leaders Twente by three points.

They probably hoped this game would be abandoned when the lights in one corner of the ground failed at half-time.

But after a 13-minute delay the game restarted, and Biton smashed the winner home right-footed from 25 yards.

It secured Wisla's first victory against English opponents, at the fourth attempt.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/216800/Wisla-Krakow-1-Fulham-0-Martin-Jol-blasts-referee-as-Wisla-set-Mous-trap/?

WhiteJC

Fulham Falls To Wisla Krakow, But My Burger Was Delicious

I'm nursing a knee injury, so bi-monthly trips to my orthopedic physician have recently become a regularity. My doctor's office is located in Fox Chapel, Pennsylvania, just outside of Pittsburgh. It's typical of the larger communities in Western Pennsylvania, save for its above average per capita income.

Basically, if you live in Fox Chapel, area locals will assume you're loaded. Loaded with wealth, I mean, not liquor.

A large shopping plaza dominates downtown Fox Chapel, featuring a super market, Walmart, movie theater, Barnes & Noble, specialty shops aplenty and, tucked away in a corner, the burgeoning Burgatory.

Burgatory is about as innovative of an eatery as you could hope to encounter around Pittsburgh. It's a bar/restaurant that specializes in burgers and milkshakes, traditional and spiked. The burgers are highly customizable. Dozens of toppings and sauces. Meats aplenty, buns from healthy to creative, and your choice of what kind of rub to mix with the chosen meat. Oh, and they're delicious too. Plus, the beer selection? Craftacular.

In short, nirvana.

Fulham had already kicked off by the time I left the doctors office, and as much as I love the team, I wasn't sacrificing a chance to stop at Burgatory for a half, maybe, of choppy, pirated Europa League action online.

Hell, I probably wouldn't even have sacrificed Burgatory for a full game.

Priorities, people.

I picked an empty seat on a mostly empty side of Burgatory's bar, the end to my left filled with a group of wealthy 40-somethings, highlighted by an ex-NHLer, drinking away and enjoying a random day for no particular reason, as though they even needed one.

Notoriously nit-picky when choosing a beverage, I bypassed the taps to scan a mini-fridge behind the bar. Young's Double Chocolate Stout? Yes, please. I ordered a tall can, pouring it expertly into my glass, adding a burger to my tab shortly after. The day was mine.

I set up shop, unsheathing my e-reader from its carrying case, my smartphone parked to its left, the dark, rich, oh-so-chocolaty stout to my right. I'm not as insufferable as that last sentence makes me sound, I promise.

I took a sip of the beer, letting the taste linger, while refreshing my TweetDeck, hoping for the Fulham community to keep me abreast of the game's occurrences.

Nothing much early on, the prolific hammyend.com's Twitter account maintaining a brisk updating pace to satiate my curiosity. Moussa Dembele with a weak shot, Fulham fans in fine voice, Aaron Hughes' turnover almost leads to a goal against. Sounds bland enough.

I put the phone aside and fired up the e-reader. I had begun working my way through the novella "Who Goes There?", John W. Campbell's short story that inspired The Thing, last night. I wasn't loving it, but it was short enough and seemed a better option than engaging with they merrymakers at the end of the bar.

Time passed. I worked my way through a few pseudo-pages, set the e-reader aside, and went back to the TweetDeck.

Disaster.

Moussa Dembele had been sent off, and apparently less than deservedly.

@hammyend.com: Dembele sent off. Crafty acting from Nunez - but very silly from Dembele.

@FulhamFC: Mousa Dembele has been sent off in Poland. Mousa pushed Nunez on the arm and the Wisla midfielder went down clutching his face. Enough said.

@richallenfulham: If I'd been Dembele I'd have sat down on the pitch and not moved. Wrong is wrong.

I saw nothing, but I read enough, and was effectively outraged by default.

I put the game away, got back to my book, beer and recently-received burger.

Took a few bites, reopened Pandora's Box, and Fulham had conceded. Oh, and the lights went out.

Things were dire. Dire in Campbell's Antarctic, science fiction nightmare, where an alien was consuming and mimicking scientists, and in Poland, where electricity and objectivity schemed against Martin Jol's men.

Eat, read, Twitterverse. Eat, read, Twitterverse. A cycle of instantly updated second-hand accounts. A joy, to be sure.

I gradually slowed my refreshing from occasional to infrequent. The updates I caught were of the bland-to-sad variety, mostly pertaining to injuries and little in the way of offensive enlightenment. The final whistle blew, but I didn't know. I was finishing the last of my chips and beer.

Fulham fell to Wisla Krakow 1-0. FC Twente gave Odense a hiding, moving the Dutch side clear to the top of the Europa League group, Fulham now in second.

Oh well. I drove home, satiated from a full meal, and knowing that I hadn't missed a thing.

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2011/10/21/2503729/fulham-falls-to-wisla-krakow-but-my-burger-was-delicious?

WhiteJC

Dembele red caps 'awful' night

FRUSTRATED Fulham manager Martin Jol admitted his side endured a night to forget in Poland.

Moussa Dembele's harsh dismissal in the 29th minute, for a push on Gervasio Nunez, meant the Cottagers were up against it before they succumbed to David Biton's goal on the hour mark.

"It was an awful night for us," Jol said. "We didn't complain, we are an English team, we stood up and got on with the game but it was a bit disappointing .

"Of course, we will never complain after a red card but it was a push on the shoulder – after being kicked.

"You shouldn't raise your hand, he [Dembele] pushed him [Nunez] on the shoulder and you shouldn't do that. The referee gave us a red card, but we felt hard done by."

A man light, Fulham acquitted themselves well against the Polish champions with goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer troubled only sporadically

But a 13-minute delay due to a power failure affected the Cottagers' concentration enough for Biton to find space and drill home from around 22 yards.

http://www.cityam.com/sport/dembele-red-caps-awful-night?

WhiteJC

Premier League preview: Fulham v Everton

After losing 2-0 at Stoke City, Fulham take on Everton at home on Sunday as Martin Jol tries to steer the Cottagers away from the relegation zone.

Level on seven points with Everton, Fulham are one point removed from the relegation pack after conceding late goals at Stoke.

Fulham are not the best of travellers and this season.

They've only earned one point playing away with their solitary thumping 6-0 win over QPR and three draws all at Craven Cottage.

Jol's sides have never been known for their tight defence but, with the Cottagers playing at home, he will be hoping that Bobby Zamora and Andrew Johnson can continue their hot home form against Phil Jagielka and Sylvain Distin.

The Toffees were exposed in their 3-1 loss at Stamford Bridge but few sides have truly worried Chelsea and David Moyes will be counting on Tim Howard, Jagielka and Distin to recover and keep a clean sheet.

Greek striker Apostolos Vellios got one back for Everton against Chelsea coming on as a substiutute for Louis Saha.

With Saha's form shaky at best this season, Moyes might start Vellios against Fulham.

Tim Cahill still looks a bit out of sorts and was replaced by Phil Neville against Chelsea.

The former Manchester United man steadied the ship and should captain the side against Fulham. This one looks to be a tight contest with the odd goal separating the more fortunate side on the day.

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2011/October/21/premier-league-preview-fulham-v-everton/?

WhiteJC

Lawro's prediction

Fulham v Everton (1330 BST)
Everton's defeat at Chelsea last time out means they've lost three league games on the trot for the first time under David Moyes, and they won't find it easy to return to winning ways at Craven Cottage.

If new signing James McFadden is fit, that's a good bit of business and will help their cause. But what he really needs is Luis Saha fit and on form. If that happens, Everton will shoot up the table. They're in the bottom six and while I'm sure they'll be OK come May, it's such a paper-thin squad that they can't afford any more injuries.

Fulham are away in Krakow on Thursday so they might still be feeling the effects when Everton visit, but they are starting to impress me under Martin Jol. They remind me of Roy Hodgson's Fulham. Jol's a good coach who has made them difficult to beat but, at home, I'd like to see him pick one more attacking player.

They've finally got competition for places up front. Bobby Zamora, Andrew Johnson and Moussa Dembele are all fit, while Bryan Ruiz will only get better.

Prediction: 1-1

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/football_focus/15375536.stm

WhiteJC

Howard Kendall: Fulham have plenty to keep Everton FC focused

ANOTHER trip to West London, another potential headache for David Moyes as he takes his side to face Fulham at Craven Cottage.

You might think Martin Jol's men don't have much to worry the Blues, especially after they faced a more testing trip to the same part of the capital against Chelsea last weekend.

But I think there is plenty for Moyes' men to do their homework on if they want three points on Sunday, chiefly the potent threat of Bobby Zamora and Andrew Johnson.

Just in terms of strikers, I think Fulham could pose as many threats as Chelsea or any other top four pairing.

They click as all the classic strike partnership must, and it's still a dynamic I think Everton should look for. Strikers love playing as a pair, the understanding and mutual benefits they can offer each other's performances.

Of course Johnson will win penalties for any team with his pace and movement in the area, so Everton's defenders will have to be on their toes and fully focused to avoid falling foul.

They've got one of the best penalty takers in the business in Danny Murphy, and Everton will have to be aware of the dangers of big Brede Hangeland at set-pieces.

Chelsea don't really have any weaknesses, we saw that when they dismantled Genk so comprehensively in the Champions League on Wednesday, and they'll be back at Goodison soon enough, but with Fulham it's a case of being wary of a handful of individuals.

A result is important to lift up morale again after losing three on the bounce, largely because it's so rare for Everton, and knowing Moyes they'll be vigorously prepared.

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2011/10/21/howard-kendall-fulham-have-plenty-to-keep-everton-fc-focused-100252-29634366/?#ixzz1bOku1oxZ

WhiteJC

Jol rages after Dembele red card

Fulham manager Martin Jol admitted the frustrating 1-0 defeat to Wisla Krakow was made all the worse by Moussa Dembele's sending off.

David Biton's all-important goal earned the White Star their first points in Group K and maiden victory against English opposition.

While both teams ended the match with 10 men after Osman Chavez was sent off for the home side, the decision to dismiss Dembele midway through the first half changed the match.

The Belgium international was sent off for retaliating to a clip on the heels from Gervasio Nunez and will receive a one-match ban.

"I was angry," Jol said of the decision. "If you are in control and lose a player that is a normal feeling. That changes everything.

"After seeing it, of course it is wrong as he raises his hand but you can't say it is a push.

"You could say it was a frustrating evening. Before the sending off I think we were in control. The pace was good, possession play was good and I was very satisfied.

"Then we got a straight red card and that makes it difficult for any team. After that they had more confidence, of course, because they played with 11 players and it was an awful night for us.

"Even after that we should have had a couple of decisions. You can't say anything about the referee, bad or good."

While Jol was left disappointed by the evening's proceedings, fellow Dutchman and Wisla Krakow boss Robert Maaskant was more philosophical.

Asked whether Nunez had play acted after Dembele's push, he smiled and after a brief pause said: "[Jol] probably just has to look back at the situation.

"I don't think you're supposed to hit players on the pitch. We will never know [whether the red card changed the course of the match].

"I still believe Fulham have a better squad than what we have, for example just look at their budget. But before the red card we created chances. We played very compact and I think we did a great job.

"We will never know [what swung it]. We were the better team today but of course we have to see what happens when we go to London."

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-24000647-jol-rages-after-dembele-red-card.do?

WhiteJC

A Strange Keeper Link?

The tabloid press has us linked with signing a keeper.

It`s a rumour that has me puzzled.

I know that Mark Schwarzer isn`t getting any younger but I`d kind of expect the England squad player, David Stockdale to succeed him.

There`s also the matter of the contingent of young keepers at the club.

Therefore, can somebody tell me why we`re being linked with the Cameroon keeper, ?

Seemingly, Kameni (27), has fallen out of favour at Espanyol with a family friend being quoted a shaving remarked,

"If any English club make an offer, then he would accept it without any problem."

But once again, why us?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=259602#ixzz1bOxJAthb

WhiteJC

A Real Bad Apple!

For European football, you get six officials controlling affairs.

But what hope have you if the most prominent of these is a liability?

Last night, a Swedish referee by the name of Martin Hansson was in charge, and he was shocking.

Dembele received a straight red card, for an innocuous push, whilst our opponents went unpunished for a series of fouls, until it became blatantly obvious, but far too late to affect the match, that one of their persistent offenders just had to go.

After the match Martin Jol had this to say about the referee,

"I was angry."

"We`d never complain about the red card but it was a push on the shoulder after being kicked. Their player made a meal of it but that`s football nowadays."

"You should not raise your hands but if you see the situation, we felt hard done by."

"In the first minute one of my players was kicked and that should have been a red card."

"There were three other fouls but we didn`t complain. We are an English team, we stood up and got on with the game."

"In the second half Pajtim Kasami had his shirt pulled and it should have been their player`s second yellow card but he didn`t do it. If you sum all these little things up, it becomes a frustrating night."

All we can hope for is that somebody, at UEFA, has a look at what went on last night. But I wouldn`t hold my breath!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=259603#ixzz1bOxZt0xg

WhiteJC

Fulham Suffer Defeat In Poland

Fulham crashed to a 1-0 defeat against Wisla Krakow in Poland on Thursday night in the Europa League, with Moussa Dembele seeing red in a poor result for the Premier League team.

The Craven Cottage attacker was dismissed controversially on 29 minutes for pushing Gervasio Nunez, which set the tone for the remainder of the match.

David Biton scored the decisive goal for the home side on 60 minutes, and Fulham now have work to do in Group K to ensure qualification to the next round.

Cottagers manager Martin Jol was understandable disappointed after the match, and felt the red card changed the game.

"You could say it was a frustrating evening," he told Sky Sports after the defeat.

"Before the sending off I think we were in control. The pace was good, possession play was good and I was very satisfied. Then we got a straight red card and that makes it difficult for any team.

"After that they had more confidence, of course, because they played with 11 players and it was an awful night for us. Even after that we should have had a couple of decisions. You can't say anything about the referee, bad or good," he concluded.

Fulham will look to put the loss to the back of their minds as they host Everton on Sunday, and as they have only won one game in the league this season will hope for three points.

http://www.footballfancast.com/2011/10/football-news/fulham-suffer-defeat-in-poland?

WhiteJC

Is this the worst dive you've ever seen?

Dembele was sent off after pushing Gervasio Nunez

Nunez cheat dives dembele red card fulham Europa league

If you were lucky to be tuned in to ITV4 at around 6.30pm you would have witnessed surely one of the most pathetic dives you are likely to see.

During Fulhams Europa League match against Wisla Krakow, Whites star Mousa Dembele was sent off after Krakow winger Gervasio Nunez went down clutching his face, despite replays showing Dembele pushed him in the shoulder.

Gordon Strachan on ITVs half-time show referred to the Krakow player as a tart.

Comparisons were drawn to when Rivaldo was hit on the ball on the backside and went down as if he had been hit in the head.

Do you agree with Strachan? Was this the worst dive youve ever seen?

http://www.london24.com/sport/chelsea/video_and_poll_is_this_the_worst_dive_you_ve_ever_seen_1_1104971

WhiteJC

Settle The Score

Aaron Hughes is confident Fulham will qualify for the latter stages of the UEFA Europa League despite Thursday night's defeat to Wisla Krakow in Poland.

Fulham remain second in Group K and can bolster their qualification hopes on Thursday November 3rd when Martin Jol's team host Wisla Krakow at Craven Cottage.

Hughes is more than confident that with eleven players on the pitch at Craven Cottage, Fulham have the quality to put Thursday's defeat firmly in the past against their Polish opponents.

"I thought we were in control last night before the sending off, which was harsh," said Hughes. "You've got to deal with that when it happens but I think even with ten men we kept the ball well. Obviously we were very disappointed with the result.

"They didn't really press us like I thought they would when we went down to ten men. We were still quite comfortable even though we didn't create that many chances because we had to get men behind the ball.

"I thought we were well in control with eleven men and it will be interesting when we get them back to the Cottage with eleven men on the pitch. We're confident that we'll get a good result against them back at the Cottage.

"If you win your home games in Europe you've got a great chance of making it through the group stage. We've already had a good away win against Odense and if we can win our home games then we'll be in a strong position."

Fulham return to Barclays Premier League action on Sunday against Everton at Craven Cottage and Hughes retains the belief that his team can prosper on both the European and domestic stages again this season.

"The Premier League is our priority but we showed last time we were able to compete in both competitions. We said that the last time we were in the UEFA Europa League competition and that's the case now."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/October/HughesWislaReaction.aspx?#ixzz1bPkA7AIz

WhiteJC

Rested Danny Murphy can revitalise Fulham

Fulham are hoping the return of captain Danny Murphy for Sunday's clash against Everton will lift the gloom that has descended on Craven Cottage following successive defeats in the Premier League and Europe.

Murphy, who sustained a knee injury in last weekend's setback at Stoke, stayed at home for last night's Europa League defeat at Wisla Krakow.

If the rest cure has worked, the 34-year-old former England midfielder will be back to lead his side in a game which could see Fulham drop into the relegation zone if they are beaten at home for the first time this season.

Murphy's value to manager Martin Jol is confirmed by the fact that no other player in the Premier League has created more scoring chances (25) for team-mates.

His prowess from the penalty spot could also prove vital, with Everton goalkeeper Tim Howard having saved four and conceded only two goals from the last seven spot kicks he has faced.

Fulham could have done with Murphy's calming presence in Poland, where Mousa Dembele was sent off in the first half for a push on Gervasio Nunez. The Argentine dropped to the turf clutching his face after the slightest of touches by Dembele. But Fulham's Belgium international should have known better than to raise his hand in the first place.

Jol, whose side remain second in Group K, said: "It was a frustrating evening. Before the sending-off I think we were in control. The pace was good, possession was good and I was satisfied."

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-24000881-rested-danny-murphy-can-revitalise-fulham.do?

WhiteJC

Fulham    v    Everton

By John Roder
Match of the Day commentator

Barclays Premier League
Venue: Craven Cottage Date: Sunday, 23 October Kick-off: 1330 BST Coverage: Watch highlights on Match of the Day 2; listen on BBC Radio 5 live and local radio; text commentary on BBC Sport website and mobiles

TEAM NEWS
Fulham are waiting to see if captain Danny Murphy can overcome a knee injury.

Bobby Zamora and Clint Dempsey are likely to return to the starting line-up after being rested in midweek.

New Everton signing James McFadden has had only 45 minutes with the reserves since returning from a serious knee injury and is unlikely to feature.

Forward Victor Anichebe is still sidelined with a groin problem and definitely misses out.

MATCH PREVIEW
A trip to Craven Cottage is an enjoyable experience. It's largely to do with the people at a friendly club, but it's also the situation: by the Thames and in a historic stadium which evokes memories of matches from days gone by.

Fulham this month announced they were going to stay and redevelop the ground to take the capacity up to 30,000, a decision that I'm sure will be welcomed by many.

Europa League commitments mean that this match against Everton will be Fulham's 21st of the season, a campaign that started at the end of June. The obvious question is whether such an early start will count against them later in the season? I would suggest that we will only discover the answer in the new year.

But what we do know is that in their opening eight Premier League matches this season, Fulham have had just one victory - a 6-0 thrashing of QPR in their last home match.

Amazingly, Everton have recorded only one Premier League victory at Fulham - that was on the final day of the season in 2009, when Leon Osman scored twice in a 2-0 win.

Bobby Zamora and Clint Dempsey were both rested for Fulham's Europa League match on Thursday, and with former Everton striker Andrew Johnson having scored a hat-trick in that emphatic win over QPR, the home side will prove tough opposition for the visitors, who are aiming to avoid a fourth successive defeat.

There's only one thing I will predict for Sunday - it will be cold on the TV gantry, where I'll be commentating for MOTD2. It always is, with the wind blowing in off the Thames, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head

Everton took four points from six against Fulham last season, winning 2-1 at Goodison Park after a goalless stalemate at Craven Cottage.
Fulham have won eight of the 10 Premier League home matches they have played against Everton (W8, D1, L1). Everton's only win was in May 2009 when a Leon Osman double secured victory.
There has only been one away win in all 20 Premier League matches betweeen these two sides.
Fulham

Fulham have won just once this season, thrashing QPR 6-0 in their last home game.
But they are unbeaten at Craven Cottage in the league (W1, D3). They are also unbeaten at home in all competitions (W5, D4).
When Fulham beat QPR at the beginning of the month, it was the first time this season that they had won in the Premier League after playing in midweek European competition. Before that, they had lost two and drawn one.
Bobby Zamora has scored in each of the club's last three home league matches. If he scores against Everton, he will be the first Fulham player to score in four Premier League home matches in a row.
Everton

Everton have lost their last three league matches and are looking to avoid a third consecutive away defeat.
Tim Cahill has not scored for Everton in 2011.
Apostolos Vellios scored with his first touch against Chelsea last weekend and became the first Everton player to score more than one goal in this season's Premier League.
Everton have failed to score in the first half in five of their seven league matches this season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15325501.stm?

WhiteJC

Betting Preview: Fulham

Craven Cottage hasn't historically been the happiest of hunting grounds for Everton – but the Blues have only lost once in their last five Premier League meetings with Fulham.

Consequently, official betting partners 188BET believe Blues fans can back their team with real confidence at an attractive price of 2.85 this Sunday.

The optimistic punter – and quite a few have plumped for this outcome already – can back a 2-1 away victory at tasty odds of 11.0 (10/1).

The corresponding fixture last season ended in stalemate and if you fancy history to repeat itself then you can snap up 0-0 at a price of 9.0 (8/1).

In the goalscoring markets Tim Cahill is always a decent option to silence the home fans and the Aussie is 8.0 (7/1) to score first in West London.

And if you fancy the Toffees to come on strong in the second half and snatch all three points then you can back the game to be level at the break but the Blues in front at the final whistle at a price of 6.5. That would return £162.50 from a £25 stake.

http://www.evertonfc.com//news/archive/2011/10/21/betting-preview-fulham?utm_source=rss_everton&utm_medium=rss_feed&utm_term=Betting+Preview+-+Fulham