watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Smalling stays till the end of the season

Started by Rambling_Syd_Rumpo, January 26, 2010, 03:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Just anounced on Sky-Happy with this,He's signed for Man U but stays with us till the end of the season-result for us I think

LBNo11

...if this is the case, Mr Hodgson and Mr MacKintosh have therefore made the ideal transfer, a brilliant negotiation in my opinion giving us the best of both worlds.

Considering Brede's recent form, we have cover for that slot, and if he gets the opportunity to play he will be anxious to shoe what he can do...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Yarden

poo deal if you ask me, should have kept him unless we got a stupud amount like 15 mill or something. And we all know we got nowhere near that.

mattiesafer

Quote from: LBNo11 on January 26, 2010, 04:03:42 PM
...if this is the case, Mr Hodgson and Mr MacKintosh have therefore made the ideal transfer, a brilliant negotiation in my opinion giving us the best of both worlds.

Considering Brede's recent form, we have cover for that slot, and if he gets the opportunity to play he will be anxious to shoe what he can do...

So wait, does that mean that we get the money now, or over the summer?

RidgeRider

I've got to say, I love Yarden's passion for the team. If a deal HAD to be made, then keeping him for cover for the remainder of the season is a great move. I would only be concerned as to whether or not Smalling will be motivated to do his best given he is no longer a White. He seems like a kid with a decent head on his shoulders so I suspect he is motivated to keep getting better.

As I have stated on another thread this move just makes me uneasy. I will trust that Roy decided this was a good move, perhaps it's for more money than the kid is really worth and perhaps the upside he see's is not as great as we may all think, in terms of how far Smalling will develop. He does get to see him everyday on the training ground, so he knows best Smalling's potential and head for the game, or the other possibility is this is the price to pay to improve the team now.

I just don't see anything wonderful about this news.

LRCN

no it isn't, it's no longer in our interests to work with him and give him experience. can't believe this, we've been taken for mugs.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: mattiesafer on January 26, 2010, 04:15:44 PM
Quote from: LBNo11 on January 26, 2010, 04:03:42 PM

So wait, does that mean that we get the money now, or over the summer?

money will start comming now i think,we will knowthe payments so when we buy I we will can work out when we are getting cash and work around it-it's quiet common in this type of thing I believe-looks like West ham are buy Benni McCarthey,so we can buy that West Ham player we are linked with (forget the name)

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: Lork on January 26, 2010, 04:20:42 PM
no it isn't, it's no longer in our interests to work with him and give him experience. can't believe this, we've been taken for mugs.

got to disagree my friend,IF Smallings is as good as people are saying(ie future England regular) he was always going to go as we can't pay the wages of that type of player.At the moment,Man U have bought a prospect, an unproven talent,there is no guarantee that it will pay off,a bad tackle,loss of form,bad advice,women and beer-all have finnished young talent before their time.
8 million quid is a lot for a player who is far from being the finnished article and who has played a handful of games for us-and it could be put towards a striker that can change our season for the better.
In a perfect world Smalling would stay with us and we could build a team around him and he would become Captain,sorry guys that only happens in Roy of the Rovers and not in real life.

dannydog

I'm not sure about this joining at the end of the season agreement, what if Smalling gets injured or his form dips badly ? Will the deal still happen ?

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: dannydog on January 26, 2010, 04:48:37 PM
I'm not sure about this joining at the end of the season agreement, what if Smalling gets injured or his form dips badly ? Will the deal still happen ?
yep,contact signed,not bad is it?

Lighthouse

Well how often are we going to actually use him this season if we know he is moving on? How much is the deal really worth? Unless we can use the money now, we could end up at the end of the season still struggling for form, without a good young defender and having to go out and buy a player to strengthen the side. Nowadays 7 million (and you can bet there are plenty of conditions for it) doesn't buy you much.

Still The Picayune this morning predicted such a deal was on. Shame.

Don't make it worse Fulham by bringing in an old has been on loan.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

scotty

It's a gamble anyway you look at it. Taking the money now AND keeping him for the remainder of the season seems like the safest bet. All in all I'm happy with the outcome.

HatterDon

I just hope that, down the road, no assholes boo his every touch when he appears in a Man U uni. He seems a class kid.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel