more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (26/10/11)...

Started by WhiteJC, October 26, 2011, 07:19:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Stockdale won't rule out permanent switch

ENGLAND keeper David Stockdale has opened the door for a permanent move to Ipswich Town next summer.

Blues boss Paul Jewell has always conceded that he would stand little chance of prising the 26-year-old away from Premier League employers Fulham once his loan spell in Suffolk expires at the end of the season.

The Yorkshireman is loving life at Portman Road though and – despite the fact he recently signed a new contract which could take him through to 2015 with the west Londoners – he is refusing to rule any future scenarios out.

Especially as he feels 39-year-old Australian custodian Mark Schwarzer, the man keeping him out the side at Craven Cottage, is still some way off hanging up his boots.

"He's a quality goalkeeper and he's going to be like that for a number of years yet," said Stockdale. "I think he could have another two or three seasons in him the shape he keeps himself in.

"If that proves to be the case then you never know what could happen. I've signed a long-term contract there, but if we got promoted and the gaffer (Paul Jewell) wanted me, you can never say never."

The keeper – who has kept five clean sheets during his impressive spell with the Blues – can be recalled by Fulham at 24 hours' notice. However, he's keen to let fans know that getting the Blues promoted from the Championship is his sole ambition at present.

"I know it sounds bad but I'm not thinking about (Fulham) too much," said Stockdale. "I want them to do well of course, but I'm an Ipswich player until told otherwise.

"Don't get me wrong, theirs is the first result I look for, but I'm not thinking about them every day.

"I really like it here. The coaching staff are great, the squad is good and I'm totally settled and happy."

http://www.greenun24.co.uk/ipswich-town/stockdale_won_t_rule_out_permanent_switch_1_1108150?

WhiteJC

Senderos eyes starting spot
Switzerland international shares Fulham's ambitions

Philippe Senderos: Fulham defender is looking for a place in the starting XI

Philippe Senderos is aiming to establish himself back in the Fulham team as he looks to put his injury woes behind him.

The Swiss defender sustained a ruptured Achilles tendon after joining the club from Arsenal in 2010, subsequently missing the majority of his first season at Craven Cottage.

The 26-year-old is keen to return to the fray but faces stiff competition from Brede Hangeland and Aaron Hughes who have proven to be a decent partnership this Premier League season.

"I think it's important to not dwell too much on what has happened in the past - I like to think that the injury is behind me now," he told the club's official website.

Frustrating

"Of course, it was a frustrating period because I missed the majority of my first season at Fulham.
"I featured at the end of last season and at the start of this one, so it's the present that I have to focus on.

"I am feeling good and very much looking forward to the coming weeks.

"I've missed a lot of football and I need to establish myself again, so in that sense it is a very important season for me.

"When the chance comes to show what I can do I have to make sure that I take the opportunity."

Senderos stressed he thrives on the ambitions Fulham offer, hoping to become a key player by featuring regularly in the side.

"I just want to help make a difference and get a regular run of games under my belt," he added.

"Joining Fulham was an easy choice, despite having other options.

"This is a great club, with great players, great staff and great prospects - when you put those factors together you can see that this team is capable of achieving big things.

"Ambition is massive to me, and Fulham have that. They've enjoyed some of their best seasons in recent years and I want to be part of its future."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_7265399,00.html?

WhiteJC

Defender Hangeland keen to extend his stay at Fulham

Brede Hangeland is ready to commit his long-term future to Fulham.

Manager Martin Jol revealed the Premier League club plan to open contract talks with the Norwegian, despite the defender having 18 months still remaining on his contract.

And Hangeland, aged 30, who has made over 150 appearances since his move from FC Copenhagen in 2008, is keen to affirm his allegiance to Fulham.

'I'm keen to talk,' Hangeland told the Fulham Chronicle.

'There's been some speculation linking me with other clubs but I'm not sure how concrete it was.

'I've really enjoyed my time at Fulham and loved every minute of it.

'Maybe there's more to come. I just want to keep doing the best I can for the club.'

Key figure: Hangeland has made over 150 appearances for Fulham

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2053312/Defender-Hangeland-keen-extend-stay-Fulham.html#ixzz1brlzg25h

WhiteJC

Yet More AJ Rumours

Those AJ rumours continue to generate headlines.

Lurking in the gossip columns of some new outlets this morning, the suggestion rears its ugly head, again, that Andrew Johnson could be destined for a transfer window move, in January.

If the rumours are right, it`ll not cost AJ much in removal costs with Queens Park Rangers the rumoured destination!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=260220#ixzz1brmRJo9J

WhiteJC

Loaner Report 9/25/11

David Stockdale started and made 6 saves in Ipswich Town's 1-0 loss to Crystal Palace. Last Tuesday he started and made 7 saves in Ipswich Town's 1-0 win at Portsmouth.

Bjorn Helge Riise did not dress in Portsmouth's 2-0 win over Barnsley. Last Tuesday he was an unused sub in Pompey's 1-0 loss to Ipswich.

Carlos Salcido started, played 90 minutes, had 2 shots on goal and received a yellow card in Tigres' 0-0 draw with Monterrey on Saturday.

Lauri Dalla Valle started, played 76 minutes, and had 2 shots on goal in Dundee United's 0-0 draw with St Johnstone on Saturday.

Danny Hoesen started, played 90 minutes, and scored a goal in Fortuna Sittard's 2-2 draw at Helmond Spor last Friday.

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2011/10/25/loaner-report-92511/?

WhiteJC

Sharpened Claws!

Yesterday we briefly commented on how, following his recent outburst, Mohamed Al-Fayed now perceived our ex-manager, Mark Hughes.

This morning, in the tabloid press, more of the remarks made by Mohamed Al-Fayed have found there way into print with our owner, reportedly, having remarked,

"Even when results were bad, I did not put pressure on him."

"I gave him every support - financial, moral and personal. He received everything he asked for and more."

"He fully negotiated a two-year extension to his contract."

"On the day he was due to sign, he walked out without the courtesy of a proper explanation."

"And now he insults the club that saved his career, claiming it lacks ambition and he insults the players as too old, even though they delivered an eighth position last season."

"He`s not just disrespectful but entirely wrong."

"Fulham has announced plans for a splendid new stand that will substantially increase the capacity of Craven Cottage."

"The squad has been strengthened with many fine young players."

"And Fulham is progressing in every way, with an outstanding manager in Martin Jol - the man that we really wanted when Hughes was appointed."

Wow! Those claws have really been sharpened as far as that last comment is concerned!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=260221#ixzz1brmtLaZ9

WhiteJC

Stockdale drops move hint
Goalkeeper enjoying life with Tractor Boys

David Stockdale: Has hinted he may be willing to make permanent move from Fulham to Ipswich

Goalkeeper David Stockdale has hinted he may be willing to make his loan move to Ipswich from Fulham permanent if they earn promotion.

The 26-year-old only signed a new four-year contract with the Cottagers in July but moved to Portman Road later that month.

The former York City goalkeeper has already been out on loan three times since signing for Fulhamfrom Darlington in 2008, with Australian Mark Schwarzer the undoubted first choice for the Londoners.

With Schwarzer showing no sign of giving up his No.1 shirt anytime soon, Stockdale has begun to consider his future at the club.

Given that he has enjoyed his time in Suffolk so far, he admits he may be willing to make a permanent switch, although a lot would depend on whether Paul Jewell's men can earn promotion to the Premier League.

"He's [Schwarzer] a quality goalkeeper and he's going to be like that for a number of years yet," Stockdale told the Evening Star.

Never say never

"I think he could have another two or three seasons in him the shape he keeps himself in.

"If that proves to be the case then you never know what could happen. I've signed a long-term contract there, but if we got promoted and the gaffer wanted me, you can never say never.

"I know it sounds bad but I'm not thinking about (Fulham) too much. I want them to do well of course, but I'm an Ipswich player until told otherwise.

"Don't get me wrong, theirs is the first result I look for, but I'm not thinking about them every day.

"I really like it here. The coaching staff are great, the squad is good and I'm totally settled and happy."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11095_7265725,00.html?

WhiteJC

Fulham after 9 games

Worth noting that in 2008-09, we had a game in hand compared to other teams due to United's involvement in that UEFA Super Cup silliness.

And were we really 8th in 2006-07 around this time?!?

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2011/10/25/fulham-after-9-games/?

WhiteJC

Fulham v Wisla Krakow tickets

UEFA Europa League
Thursday 3rd November
Kick-Off: 20:05

Please note that unclaimed Season Ticket Holder seats have now been released for sale.

Tickets for this match will not go on General Sale.

On-sale dates

Season Ticket Holders: On Sale (Unlimited)
Members: On Sale (6 tickets max)
Loyalty points: 6 (more info)

As you may be aware, UEFA regulations mean that we are required to make special alterations to the ticketing arrangements for all European matches being held at the Cottage. To minimise the impact these alterations have on stadium access & egress, the Club have elected to house visiting supporters in Blocks H - K & HL - KL of the Johnny Haynes Stand. Please note that the Putney End is a home area for this match.

How to Buy Tickets

buy tickets online  - 7 days a week, 24 hrs a day. Save on booking fees by booking online*
by phone on 0843 208 1234 (option 1) - 7 days a week, 24 hrs a day
in person from the Ticket Office: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm; non-match day Sat 10am-12pm
* Lower booking fees compared to telephone booking

Prices

NB: Blocks A and AL are a designated Family Area and are not available to book online. To book, call the Ticket Office on 0843 208 1234 opt 3 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm).

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Tickets/Games/WislaKrakowHome.aspx#ixzz1broCXW1e

WhiteJC

Fulham v Odense BK tickets

UEFA Europa League
Wednesday 14th December
Kick-Off: 20:05

We are unable to offer Season Ticket Holders' seats for UEFA Europa League games for those sat in blocks H,J,K, HL, JL and KL due to these blocks being designated as the away section.

On-sale dates

Season Ticket Holders: Now On Sale (Unlimited) - Seats held to 9am Friday 28 October
Fulham Club Members:  9am, Monday 31st October (Unlimited)
General Sale: 9am, Tuesday 1 November (Unlimited)
Loyalty points: 6 (more info)

As you may be aware, UEFA regulations mean that we are required to make special alterations to the ticketing arrangements for all European matches being held at the Cottage. To minimise the impact these alterations have on stadium access & egress, the Club have elected to house visiting supporters in Blocks H - K & HL - KL of the Johnny Haynes Stand.

How to Buy Tickets

buy tickets online  - 7 days a week, 24 hrs a day. Save on booking fees by booking online*
by phone on 0843 208 1234 (option 1) - 7 days a week, 24 hrs a day
in person from the Ticket Office: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm; non-match day Sat 10am-12pm
* Lower booking fees compared to telephone booking

Prices

NB: Blocks A and AL are a designated Family Area and are not available to book online. To book, call the Ticket Office on 0843 208 1234 opt 3 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm).

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Tickets/Games/OdenseBKHome.aspx#ixzz1brp2o0xB

WhiteJC

Wisła come to fortress Fulham

Fulham FC will look to maintain their unbeaten record at Craven Cottage on UEFA Europa League matchday four, and avenge a 1-0 Group K loss at Wisła Kraków last time out.

Craven Cottage, home of Fulham
©Getty Images

Fulham FC will look to maintain their unbeaten record at Craven Cottage on UEFA Europa League matchday four, and avenge a 1-0 Group K loss at Wisła Kraków last time out.

Previous meetings
• The sides met for the first time in UEFA competition last time out in what was Fulham's first tie against a Polish club. The visitors' Moussa Dembélé was dismissed on 29 minutes, with David Biton's goal (60) giving Wisła their first Group K points, though they had Osman Chávez sent off late on.

• Wisła's four games against English sides have ended W1 D1 L2 (W0 D0 L1 in England).

Match background
• Fulham have already played 11 European games this season, since entering the first qualifying round through the UEFA Respect Fair Play system. They have won six of those, drawing three and losing two.

• The Cottagers are the only side to have made it all the way from the first qualifying round to the group stage this season.

• Fulham remain unbeaten in 21 European home games (16 wins and five draws) stretching back to their European debut, a 0-0 UEFA Intertoto Cup draw against FC Haka on 6 July 2002. A 1-1 draw with FC Twente on matchday one ended a run of nine continental wins at Craven Cottage. It was also the first time they have conceded at home in UEFA matches this season.

• Wisła have won two of their four UEFA away games this season – both victories coming in the qualifying rounds – but have lost all three of their UEFA Cup and UEFA Europa League group stage fixtures on the road, having made their debut in the 2006/07 competition.

Team facts
• This is Wisła's 100th UEFA club competition game; the previous 99 have ended W45 D18 L36. The Polish side made their debut in UEFA competition in the 1968/69 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup, going down 4-0 at Hamburger SV.

• RSC Anderlecht's Matías Suárez is the group stage's top scorer with five goals. FC Vaslui's Wesley, SC Braga's Hélder Barbosa, FC Lokomotiv Moskva's Dmitri Sychev and Fulham's Andrew Johnson are his closest rivals with three each.

• Wisła's Dutch defender Kew Jaliens and Fulham's Belgian attacking midfielder Dembélé were team-mates at AZ Alkmaar from 2006 to 2010. They won the Dutch title together in 2008/09.

• Another of Wisła's Dutch defenders, Michael Lamey, is on loan from English side Leicester City FC. He made his professional debut under Fulham coach Martin Jol at RKC Waalwijk in the 2001/02 season.

• Fulham striker Johnson was once considered a potential Poland player by virtue of a Polish grandfather. However, in February 2005 then England manager Sven-Göran Eriksson handed Johnson his debut in a friendly against the Netherlands when he came on for Wayne Rooney as a second-half substitute.

• Wisła boss Robert Maaskant was a midfielder, who earned acclaim coaching RBC Roosendaal, Willem II and NAC Breda before winning the title with Wisła in 2010/11, his first season in Poland.

• A former midfielder, capped three times by the Netherlands, Fulham boss Jol played in Germany (FC Bayern München) and England (West Bromwich Albion FC and Coventry City FC) as well as his home country (ADO Den Haag and FC Twente), and has coached in all three nations too with Tottenham Hotspur, Hamburg and AFC Ajax.

• Jol's Ajax beat Maaskant's NAC Breda side 6-0 in Amsterdam in a 13 September 2009 Eredivisie game. The rematch in Breda on 17 January 2010 ended 1-1.

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2012/matches/round=2000272/match=2007369/prematch/background/index.html?rss=1703886+Wisła+come+to+fortress+Fulham

WhiteJC

Predictortron '11

Further to Timmy's post, perhaps it's time to revisit the predictortron.

As you will recall, we fired this up last year to see if a slow start necessarily meant we were doomed. The predictortron was comforting, told us not to worry and gave us a hug. It said we'd finish with 46 points, and we got 48, so that was nice.

What does the predictortron say this year?

Once more, we make use of exotic sounding Monte Carlo simulations, in this case running 5,000 of the buggers. We estimate how good the team should be using results from the previous three seasons (more recent seasons get higher emphasis), adding in Martin Jol's managerial record, a pinch of salt, a grind of pepper, and the all important knob of butter. Then the predictortron takes this record and runs those 5,000 seasons on a game by game basis.

The answers:

Predictortron, at the start of the season, would have had us down for 52-57 points. We seem to get a slight bump because Jol was successful at Spurs, but also because some of our poor seasons were long enough ago that they no longer drag us down. So there we are: 50+ points, with 54 being the most likely.

Unfortunately we currently only have seven of these, so all we need to do is consult Predictortron and see what happens when the team only has 7 points at this juncture:

Once more, there's no need to panic. 46 points is a likely destination, with various values around there also common. We have very little chance of hitting the expected target in the mid fifties, but for the time being should feel relatively comfortable about not being relegated, either.

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2011/10/26/predictortron-11/?