https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (28/10/11)...

Started by WhiteJC, October 28, 2011, 07:40:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Jol: Length of contract the issue for Johnson Fulham deal

Fulham and striker not far from agreeing new deal

Andy Johnson wants a two and a half year deal not the one and a half being offered by the club according to Fulham boss Martin Jol.

The 30-year-old hit a hat trick against west London rivals QPR the other week, while he has also notched six strikes in the Europa League.

Johnsons contract expires at the end of the campaign, but both parties are keen for the striker to remain at Craven Cottage.

We will talk to him again, Jol said.

I talk to him every day and tell him what the difference is between one-and-a-half until the end of the 2012/13 season and two years until the end of 2013/14 but he doesnt agree.

He wants this year and another two years which is what were arguing about.

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/jol_length_of_contract_the_issue_for_johnson_fulham_deal_1_1110651?

WhiteJC

Martin Jol reveals contract dispute with Fulham striker Andrew Johnson

Fulham manager Martin Jol admits the length of contract is the stumbling block in their negotiations with Andrew Johnson as they look to agree an extended deal with the striker.

The 30-year-old has looked sharp for the Cottagers this season, scoring a hat-trick against QPR and six goals in the Europa League.

Johnson's current contract runs out of the end of the season and his future has been the subject of much debate, with QPR amongst those linked as possible destinations.

While both parties have confirmed they want to sign a new deal, Jol revealed today there is an issue over contract length.

"We will talk to him again," he said.

"I talk to him every day and tell him what the difference is between one-and-a-half [until the end of the 2012/13 season] and two years [until the end of 2013/14] but he doesn't agree.

"He wants this year and another two years which is what we're arguing about."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/martin-jol-reveals-contract-dispute-with-fulham-striker-andrew-johnson-2376677.html?

WhiteJC

Jol happy with Fulham ambition

Martin Jol says Fulham and its chairman Mohamed Al Fayed are more than ambitious enough to keep him happy at Craven Cottage.

Jol took the helm in the summer to fill the void left by Mark Hughes, who said this week he left the club due to its lack of ambition.

The comments were met by a swift and scathing rebuttal by Al Fayed in an open letter, which labelled the Welshman a "strange man" and a "flop".

On Thursday, Jol dismissed the notion that Fulham lacked the desire to press forward.

"The only thing was that Mark said the club was not ambitions and [Al Fayed] wanted to make the point that he was very ambitious and we were very ambitious," he said.

"I think he is very ambitious and I feel we are so for me that is no problem, but that was Mark Hughes.

"If he felt that was true then that is his opinion but the truth is always [somewhere] in the middle.

"[That said], it is not an opinion I support. He [Al Fayed] has supported us with the things we do.

"I can't even say most of the time as it is all of the time that he tries to do something.

"With Bryan Ruiz, even though it was probably not [the transfer fee] people think, he still spent a lot of money.

"Even if you pay it in instalments it is a lot of money and he backed us to do well.

"I think, especially in that sort of department, he shows his ambition all the time."

The Cottagers have started the season slowly but Al Fayed has backed Jol, describing him in his letter as a "top manager" and the man they always wanted.

The start echoes the one they made under Hughes as the Cottagers struggled until the new year last season, when they kicked on to finish eighth.

"They backed him as well, even when things were not going well," Jol said.

"The second half of the season was good, [although it helped that] they had a luxury of not being in all the cups.

"We play in Europe and then the FA Cup, hopefully to the end, after Christmas so we have to cope with that sort of thing.

"Until now the reactions of the chairman have generally been positive because he knows what I am doing and what I have to do here.

"I can tell you that you have to do a few things to make that squad better and try to improve the quality of the team and the players."

Fulham currently lie 17th in the table and have just one league win to their name.

Next up is Saturday's clash with fellow strugglers Wigan but Jol could be without two defensive regulars.

Aaron Hughes has been ruled out for a couple of weeks with a thigh injury, while Philippe Senderos will have a thigh complaint assessed tomorrow.

"We've got injury with Aaron Hughes," he said.

"I feel it is because of the an old injury as he has a thigh problem and before that it was his groin.

"It is the same area so he came on [against Everton], never touched the ball and got injured again.

"I think it could be a couple of weeks.

"We have got Senderos as a doubt after leaving training today with a thigh [problem] as well.

"Senderos was fit again, played against Millwall with a few other guys from the first-team and did well.

"We have to make an assessment tomorrow morning.

"Simon Davies, of course, is still recovering and will probably be fit for the end of November, while Orlando Sa has a hamstring injury from the match at Wisla Krakow."

Meanwhile Jol has backed Bobby Zamora to respond positively to his miss against Everton and is also pleased Bryan Ruiz has started to demonstrate his talent.

Zamora produced a howler when the score was still 1-1 in his club's eventual 3-1 defeat to the Toffees at Craven Cottage last weekend.

But Jol does not think the striker, who was included in Fabio Capello's England squad for the final Euro 2012 qualifier against Montenegro, will be haunted by missing the sitter.

"He knows it is probably not the first time," said Jol. "He is a striker, so he will miss chances in the future.

"Anybody else up front will miss chances, and even from midfield. So I couldn't see any difference (in Zamora)."

Fulham have scored 10 goals at Craven Cottage this season and only Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United have hit the back of the net on more occasions at home.

But Fulham's tally is boosted by the 6-0 hammering of Queens Park Rangers and Jol therefore wants his team to increase the number of goals scored in general.

The Dutchman will hope deadline day signing Ruiz will help in boosting the amount of goals and so he was pleased the under-pressure £10.6million man finally opened his account against Everton.

Ruiz expertly lobbed Tim Howard just two minutes after entering the match as a substitute and Jol said: "I feel it is a sign for anybody else, the media, the fans, that he is capable of scoring that sort of goal.

"But I knew. That is why we got him over here because he has got that extra talent of setting up goals and scoring goals."

http://www.teamtalk.com/fulham/7269151/Jol-happy-with-Fulham-ambition?

WhiteJC

Fulham boss Martin Jol backs Bobby Zamora despite costly miss against Everton
Former Tottenham manager has faith in England striker and believes all strikers miss opportunities, and also backs £10 million summer signing Bryan Ruiz to shine at Craven Cottage

Fulham boss Martin Jol has backed Bobby Zamora following the striker's costly miss in the 3-1 defeat against Everton last week.

The England international missed an open goal after rounding Tim Howard with the score at 1-1 which was to prove an disastrous error for the Cottagers as Louis Saha and Jack Rodwell found the net for the Toffees late in the game.

Jol believes it's normal for players such as Zamora to miss opportunities like that from time to time.

"He knows it is probably not the first time," Jol told reporters. "He is a striker, so he will miss chances in the future.

"Anybody else up front will miss chances, and even from midfield. So I couldn't see any difference (in Zamora)."

The former Spurs manager has also heaped praise on £10 million summer signing Bryan Ruiz following his sublime chipped finish which got Fulham back into the game last week.

Jol feels there is a lot more to come from the Costa Rican international and is delighted with what he has seen so far.

He said: "I feel it is a sign for anybody else, the media, the fans, that he is capable of scoring that sort of goal.

"But I knew. That is why we got him over here because he has got that extra talent of setting up goals and scoring goals."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/10/27/2730756/fulham-boss-martin-jol-backs-bobby-zamora-despite-costly?

WhiteJC

Jol dismisses Hughes' claim
Dutchman insists Fulham and Al Fayed have plenty of ambition

Martin Jol: Replaced Mark Hughes at Fulham following spells with Hamburg and Ajax

Fulham boss Martin Jol has joined chairman Mohamed Al Fayed in dismissing former manager Mark Hughes' claim the club lacks ambition.

The Dutchman, who replaced Hughes in the summer, insists the Cottagers do have the desire to press forward.

Hughes and Al Fayed became embroiled in a war of words after the former Manchester Citymanager claimed he left Craven Cottage because Fulham did not match his lofty ambitions.

Cottagers owner Al Fayed hit back by labelling the Welshman a "strange man" and a "flop".

Jol refused to comment specifically on his predecessor but rejected Hughes' claims about Al Fayed's ambition.

Opinion

He said: "The chairman wanted to make the point that he was very ambitious and we were very ambitious.

"I think he is very ambitious and I feel we are, so for me that is no problem.

"If Mark Hughes felt that was true then that is his opinion. It is not an opinion I support.

"He [Al Fayed] has supported us with the things we do.

"I can't even say most of the time as it is all of the time that he tries to do something."

Backing

Jol made eight summer signings, including the reported £10.6million transfer of Costa Rican striker Bryan Ruiz, with the backing of Al Fayed.

He added: "With Bryan Ruiz, even though it was probably not the transfer fee people think, he still spent a lot of money.

"Even if you pay in installments it is a lot of money and he backed us to do well.

"I think, especially in that sort of department, he shows his ambition all the time."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7269417/?

WhiteJC

Next up are Wigan, who are "eyeing a better run of results boost"

When you look at it this way Wigan couldn't really have done a lot worse.  Curiously, the fixtures computer donated them three games against the division's promoted clubs to open up and Wigan drove home that advantage to the tune of five whole points.  But here they are, six games later, still sitting on those five points.  Put another way, they've lost seven matches in a row (one of which was in the league cup, just like us).  They haven't been batterings or anything, but it's a terrible run.

The question is: "can Fulham keep that run going?"

History would suggest not – we tend to draw up there - but honestly, this must the moment when Fulham make a bit more "6-0 v QPR" style noise.  Wigan are a bad team and have been for years; we need to make this one count.

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2011/10/27/next-up-are-wigan-who-are-eyeing-a-better-run-of-results-boost/?

WhiteJC

Mistaken for a real poet

Friend of CCN Mike Hopkins has a new website where you can read some of his work and other odds and ends.  Mike's tagline is "odd posts from an occasional poet (or vice versa)" which seems like a good starting point to me.

Here it is, anyway. Do have a read – worth bookmarking and checking every so often I reckon.
http://mistakenforarealpoet.wordpress.com/

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2011/10/27/mistaken-for-a-real-poet/?

WhiteJC

Lawro's prediction

Wigan v Fulham
Fulham were extremely unlucky not to get anything from their game against Everton last week - Bobby Zamora's missed chance when the score was 1-1 turned out to be massive.

Wigan were unfortunate too. They fought and played really well against Newcastle and thoroughly deserved to get something at St James' Park - but didn't, again.

This is what Wigan do. They have a few bad results and poor performances and you think they are in big trouble but then they come up with a really strong display. They just need to get used to being either in the relegation zone or just above it this season, and make sure they pick up points when they do play well.

Prediction: 2-0

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/football_focus/15475781.stm

WhiteJC

Defensive blows for Fulham
Thigh injuries rule out Hughes and leave Senderos doubtful

Aaron Hughes: Has already missed a month of Fulham's season with injury

Experienced defender Aaron Hughes has been ruled out for a fortnight as Fulham face a double blow ahead of Saturday's Premier League clash against Wigan.

Cottagers boss Martin Jol confirmed Hughes, 31, has picked up a thigh injury and revealed Philippe Senderos is a doubt after limping away from Thursday's training session with a similar complaint.

Former Northern Ireland international Hughes has only just returned to action following a recent lay-off and came on as a late substitute in the disappointing defeat to Everton.

It is another setback for former Arsenal man Senderos, who has made just six league appearances since moving across London almost 16 months ago.

Assessment

Jol said: "I feel Hughes' injury is because of the old injury.

"He has a thigh problem and before that it was his groin. It is the same area.

"He came on against Everton, never touched the ball and got injured again."

The Dutchman added: "Senderos was fit again, played [a practice match] against Millwall with a few other guys from the first team, and did well.

"We have to make an assessment."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7269450/?

WhiteJC

Fulham manager Martin Jol backs owner Mohamed Al-Fayed & insists club are ambitious after Mark Hughes swipe
The Dutchman believes the Cottagers are full of ambition and insists that the club's chairman will always offer his financial backing, as evidenced by the signing of Bryan Ruiz

Fulham manager Martin Jol has backed chairman Mohamed Al-Fayed's comments about former boss Mark Hughes and insists the club are ambitious.

The Welshman had told reporters that the Cottagers lacked his ambition, months after he left the club, but Al-Fayed and now Jol have hit back at his claims, with the billionaire Egyptian having labelled the former Manchester City boss a "flop".

The man in the dugout now, though, has come out in defence of his employer but stopped short of saying anything personal about his predecessor.

He told Sky Sports: "The chairman wanted to make the point that he was very ambitious and we were very ambitious.
"I think he is very ambitious and I feel we are, so for me that is no problem.

"If Mark Hughes felt that was true then that is his opinion. It is not an opinion I support.

"He [Al Fayed] has supported us with the things we do.

"I can't even say most of the time as it is all of the time that he tries to do something."

Al-Fayed financially supported Jol over the summer, letting his new employee bring in eight new faces, including the deadline-day signing Bryan Ruiz, and the Dutchman believes this goes a long way in showing how ambitious the club are.

Jol added: "With Bryan Ruiz, even though it was probably not the transfer fee people think, he still spent a lot of money.

"Even if you pay in installments it is a lot of money and he backed us to do well.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/10/27/2731102/fulham-manager-martin-jol-backs-owner-mohamed-al-fayed?

WhiteJC

Johnson's Fulham future hangs in the balance as contract negotiations stall

Fulham striker Andy Johnson's contract talks have stalled due to a dispute over the length of his new deal.

Johnson, 30, is out of contract in the summer but wants to sign for a further two seasons, whereas manager Martin Jol is prepared to offer the player only an 18-month deal.

Trouble: Johnson's contract talks have stalled due to a dispute over the length of his deal

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2054397/Andy-Johnsons-Fulham-future-doubt.html#ixzz1c3c0Gou8

WhiteJC

Lawro Predicts - Latics v Fulham

Mark 'Lawro' Lawrenson has done his weekly round of Premier League predictions for the BBC, the Match of the Day pundit is forecasting that Saturdays Premier League clash between Wigan Athletic and Fulham at the DW Stadium will end in a home win, let's take a look at his reasons:

Wigan v Fulham

Fulham were extremely unlucky not to get anything from their game against Everton last week - Bobby Zamora's missed chance when the score was 1-1 turned out to be massive.

Wigan were unfortunate too. They fought and played really well against Newcastle and thoroughly deserved to get something at St James' Park - but didn't, again.

This is what Wigan do. They have a few bad results and poor performances and you think they are in big trouble but then they come up with a really strong display. They just need to get used to being either in the relegation zone or just above it this season, and make sure they pick up points when they do play well.

Prediction: 2-0

I think it will be closer than what Lawro suggests but still a home win, 1-0 to the Latics

Read more: http://www.wigan.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=260496#ixzz1c3cP3Thp

WhiteJC

FM Preview: Wigan Athletic v Fulham 29 Oct 2011

This week FootyMad's match preview focuses on the game between Wigan Athletic and Fulham at 15:00 on 29th October 2011 in the Premier League.

History of the Wigan Athletic v Fulham fixture

Fulham face a trip to Wigan Athletic at JJB Stadium on Saturday afternoon, hoping to improve upon an average previous return from this fixture. Of the 20 games played, Cottagers have recorded 4 wins, and Wigan Athletic have come away with 8 victories.

The most recent encounter between these two sides was less than a year ago, in January 2011, where the two sides shared the spoils courtesy of a 1 - 1 final scoreline in a Premier League match

Season   Date   Team   Result   Team   Comp
2010/2011   Sat 15 Jan   Wigan Ath.   1 - 1   Fulham   Premier League
2010/2011   Sat 30 Oct   Fulham   2 - 0   Wigan Ath.   Premier League
2009/2010   Sun 04 Apr   Fulham   2 - 1   Wigan Ath.   Premier League
2009/2010   Sun 08 Nov   Wigan Ath.   1 - 1   Fulham   Premier League
2008/2009   Sat 07 Feb   Wigan Ath.   0 - 0   Fulham   Premier League
2008/2009   Wed 29 Oct   Fulham   2 - 0   Wigan Ath.   Premier League
2007/2008   Sat 22 Dec   Fulham   1 - 1   Wigan Ath.   Premier League

Recent respective form guides
Wigan Athletic are not in the best of form at home, with two wins, two draws, and two defeats in their last six. A generous 9 goals have been both scored and conceded in this period.

Fulham have an average recent record on the road, seeing them win just 1 and draw 2 of the last six. Only 3 goals have been registered in this time, with 5 leaked at the wrong end.

Wigan Athletic are stuck down in the relegation zone of Barclays Premier League with a return of just 5 points from their 9 games thus far.

Fulham are hovering perilously just above the relegation zone, with 7 points from 9 matches.

Current overall team form
Team   P   W   D   L   F   A   P
Wigan    6   0   0   6   4   13   0
Fulham   6   2   1   3   9   6   7

FootyMad's prediction ...
Not a lot has been going right generally for Fulham on their travels as of late, but we can certainly see them gleaning a point from their game against Wigan Athletic. No-score draw

Sequence statistics
Wigan Athletic   
Been beaten in each of their previous 2 home matches.
Failed to win in previous 2 home matches.
Latest 7 games ended in defeat.
Not won in the 7 most recent games.

Fulham   
Lost each of the previous 2 away matches.
Not won in previous 2 away matches.
An overall losing run of 3 games.
No win in the 3 most recent games.

http://www.fulham-mad.co.uk/news/prev/fm_preview_wigan_athletic_v_fulham_29_oct_2011_709340/index.shtml?

WhiteJC

Footballers 'chased Agnes murder trial witness to get revenge'

Accused: Omozusi and, far right, Woods-Garness

Two footballers were among a gang who chased a "hero" to take revenge after he helped put a teenage girl's killers behind bars, a court heard.

Former England youth international Bradley Woods-Garness, 25, and Leyton Orient defender Elliot Omozusi, 22, were among six men who pursued the witness for giving evidence in a high-profile murder trial. Omozusi has also played for Premier League clubs Fulham and Norwich.

The footballers and four other alleged London Fields Boys gang members are on trial for attempted revenge.

Jurors heard that the witness, 18, gave evidence against two of the gang, Leon Dunkley and Mohammed Smoured, both 22, at their murder trial in April.

They were convicted and jailed for life for shooting dead 16-year-old Agnes Sina-Inakoju in a Hoxton takeaway.

Agnes was shot in the neck with a sub-machinegun and died from her injuries two days later. The witness, who cannot be named, helped police track down her killers after his house was raided in the aftermath of the shooting.

His family were then moved from east London under a witness protection programme and given new identities.

But a chance encounter with the six alleged gang members on a night out in Liverpool left him in fear for his life, Snaresbook crown court was told. Christopher Hehir, prosecuting, said the witness was queuing outside a nightclub when he was approached in the early hours last May.

He was chased until he ran into the arms of a uniformed police officer, screaming: "They're going to kill me."

Mr Hehir said: "The officer had seen all of them running and they were out of breath. When Omozusi was asked why he was running after the witness, he said they weren't and they were just having a laugh." But far from a laugh, they planned to attack him, he said.

"You would think it was no exaggeration to describe the witness as a hero," said the prosecutor.

"But some misguided people would loathe him for what he did. They would think of him as a grass or a snitch."

Woods-Garness, of Islington, and Omozusi, of Grays, Essex, both deny one count of attempted revenge.

Also pleading not guilty are Nash Walsh-Drew, 23, of Woolwich, Jamal Francis, 21, and Shane Drew, 22, both from Hackney, and Andre Osbourne, 20, of Woodford Green, Essex.

Dunkley and Smoured, both of Hackney, were each jailed for a minimum of 32 years in April for the murder. The trial continues

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-24002891-footballers-chased-agnes-murder-trial-witness-to-get-revenge.do

WhiteJC

Fulham boss warns Ipswich over Stockdale

MARTIN Jol has warned Ipswich Town that David Stockdale is not for sale.

The England keeper is on a season-long loan at Portman Road, and this week admitted he would be open to a permanent switch to Tractor Boys.

But despite having Mark Schwarzer as his number one, Jol insists Stockdale, who signed a new four-year deal in the summer, is staying at Craven Cottage.

The Fulham boss said: "He's part of our plans, but I've got another great goalkeeper who's one of the best.

"He's our player. We identified him and took him, so hopefully everybody's happy in the future."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/10/28/fulham-boss-warns-ipswich-over-stockdale-82029-29675873/?#ixzz1c3hKByvR

WhiteJC

PREMIER LEAGUE PREVIEW

Wigan v Fulham

Roberto Martinez and Martin Jol are desperate for a victory this weekend, as Wigan and Fulham have managed just a solitary league victory win apiece this term. Athletic have only managed four points from their home fixtures while Fulham are still seeking a first away win of the 2011-12 campaign. Two clubs sitting at the wrong end of the table should produce a compelling encounter.

http://www.shoot.co.uk/news/latest_article/C52/latest_news/premier_league_preview5/?

WhiteJC

Jol Wants to Keep Stockdale

Fulham boss Martin Jol says on-loan Town keeper David Stockdale is firmly in his future plans at Craven Cottage. Earlier in the week the 26-year-old hinted that he might fancy staying on at Portman Road beyond his season-long loan.

But Jol says he very much sees the England squad regular, who signed a Fulham contract taking him up to 2015 in July, as 39-year-old Mark Schwarzer's successor: "He's part of our plans, but [at the moment] I've got another great goalkeeper who's one of the best.

"He's our player. We identified him and took him, so hopefully everybody's happy in the future."

Speaking a month ago, Town boss Paul Jewell played down the chances of the Blues recruiting Stockdale on a permanent basis: "We're watching lots of goalkeepers and we're trying to line up a keeper for next season because I know that Fulham won't sell David Stockdale.

"We're trying to line up a young one who will hopefully take us forward in the next few years."

http://www.twtd.co.uk/news.php?storyid=19446

WhiteJC

Jol rules out Stockdale sale
Fulham also plan contract talks with Grygera

Fulham boss Martin Jol insists loaned out goalkeeper David Stockdale is not for sale.

Stockdale is currently on a season-long loan at Ipswich after finding himself down the pecking order at Craven Cottage.

The 26-year-old has admitted he would be open to a permanent move to Portman Road with Ipswich thought to be keen on keeping hold of the keeper.

However, Jol insists the former Darlington shot-stopper is going nowhere as he remains part of his long-term plans.

"He's part of our plans, but I've got another great goalkeeper who's one of the best," Jol told the Fulham Chronicle.

Grygera talks

Jol also revealed the club plan to discuss a new deal for Czech Republic defender Zdenek Grygera.
Grygera joined Fulham on a one-year deal when he arrived on a free transfer in the summer and the club are ready to offer the experienced stopper an extension.

"We've had an agreement with him that if he is playing well then we will sit down," added Jol. "It's risky as he could go to another club."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7270449/?

WhiteJC

Wigan Athletic v Fulham: Latest team news

Fulham defender Aaron Hughes will miss tomorrow's Barclays Premier League clash at Wigan.

The 31-year-old has been ruled out for a couple of weeks with a thigh injury picked up during last week's 3-1 defeat to Everton and will therefore miss the trip to the DW Stadium.

Fellow defender Philippe Senderos will have a thigh injury of his own assessed today, while Orlando Sa (hamstring) and Simon Davies (knee) are out.

Provisional squad: Schwarzer, Etheridge, Kelly, Riise, Hangeland, Baird, Senderos, Grygera, Briggs, Sidwell, Kasami, Murphy, Gecov, Duff, Etuhu, Dempsey, Johnson, Zamora, Dembele, Ruiz

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-headlines/wigan_athletic_v_fulham_latest_team_news_1_3915171

WhiteJC

Wigan v Fulham preview
Team news for Saturday's Premier League clash between Wigan and Fulham at The DW Stadium.

Hughes: Will miss Wigan clash

Wigan boss Roberto Martinez is hopeful both leading scorer Franco Di Santo and midfielder James McCarthy will be able to play some part.

Both players missed last week's 1-0 defeat by Newcastle with hamstring problems but have trained this week with the rest of the squad.

Goalkeeper Chris Kirkland is recovering from a back problem after returning early from a loan spell with Doncaster.

Fulham defender Aaron Hughes will miss out at Wigan.

The 31-year-old has been ruled out for a couple of weeks with a thigh injury picked up during last week's 3-1 defeat to Everton and will therefore miss the trip to the DW Stadium.

Fellow defender Philippe Senderos will have a thigh injury of his own assessed on Friday, while Orlando Sa (hamstring) and Simon Davies (knee) are out.

Wigan (from): Al Habsi, Boyce, Caldwell, Alcaraz, Figueroa, Watson, Diame, Moses, Gomez, McCarthy, Di Santo, Jones, Pollitt, Stam, Van Aanholt, McArthur, Lopez, Thomas, Sammon, Maloney, Crusat, Gohouri, Rodallega, McCarthy.

Fulham (from): Schwarzer, Etheridge, Kelly, Riise, Hangeland, Baird, Senderos, Grygera, Briggs, Sidwell, Kasami, Murphy, Gecov, Duff, Etuhu, Dempsey, Johnson, Zamora, Dembele, Ruiz

http://www.football365.com/match/3407940/preview?