more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol v. the team

Started by Burt, October 30, 2011, 11:56:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Jack Fulham on October 30, 2011, 03:54:27 PM

We're jeopardizing the future by making changes now.

Sorry, but that really is way over the top.

We are definitely not in imminent risk to go down. There are so many teams who are worse than us this season.

The changes are needed and have been postponed way too often. During the last two seasons, we lacked a successor for Danny Murphy, who again and again had off matches. Jamie O'Hara was on the market for a substantial period of time and I think it was a big, big mistake not to go in for him. What a player he turns out to be at Wolves. Oh what he could do here!

Our average age is still one of the highest in the league. Yes, we always had a pretty oldish squad, but Mark Hughes and Martin Jol finally realized that we have to lower it, to save money and to build a team for the future.

This season is perfect to make some very important changes for the future. We should aim to get Brama in January and/or Jamie O'Hara next summer. One or two Murphy-successors are needed now, as well as one or two strikers, depends on AJ's contract discussions. Kyle Naughton would be a decent signing as well, and I can see us going for another winger. My agency mate told me we were in advanced talks with Max Gradel but eventually lost out. We lacked pace and urgency over the past few weeks.

Gignac
Brama
Naughton/Clyne
Winger

That would be my January transfer window.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Jol has got the backing of Mo and if anyone was in any doubt, his open letter the other day reinforces that.
The players are employed by the club to play football and be professional,   they should stop belly aching  
and get on with it.  I would bet (fit or not ) Simon Davies  is not one of the ( supposed) rebels,

I am sure Jol has hit the start button on his washing machine, and there are a few who fear they will be rinsed !!!

Fulham don't wash their linen in public .... .... or  have they going Dutch ???

Yarden

Tbh for me, AJ can just leave in january. Yes he works hard and so on, but he does not score anymore and hasen`t done for years. Would like to see Jols formation with this lineup

MS

CB AH BH JAR

SS DM

MD  CD   BR

BZ

Given time I think this would be much better in the long run. And ofcurse, Murphy need to
be replaced soon. January maybe.

Tonywa

Maybe I'm wrong (and if I am then I'm sure someone will tell me), but wasn't there rumoured to be similar sort of troubles this time last year?  I thought the players were supposed to have gone to Hughes and asked for a change in tactics.  Also remember the disagreements early on in Woy's first full season with Bullard being moved on and Gera moaning that he was being played out wide rather than centrally.  I'm sure there is often these sorts of arguments at clubs with players not in the side expressing discontent because they are not playing regularly.