more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rodney MacAree Will Be At The Cottage On Sunday

Started by White Noise, October 31, 2011, 11:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

The Equalizer

Sir Rodders will also be drinking in The Durrell and/or The Bricklayers pre-match too, according to the conversation we've been having on Facebook.

He might do a bit of a pub crawl!!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

White Noise

Quote from: The Equalizer on October 31, 2011, 11:48:50 AM
Sir Rodders will also be drinking in The Durrell and/or The Bricklayers pre-match too, according to the conversation we've been having on Facebook.

He might do a bit of a pub crawl!!

Friend to the Stars?? take a bow

The Equalizer

Find him on there and he'll accept a friend request! I've been friends with him on there for over a year now.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

White Noise

Quote from: The Equalizer on October 31, 2011, 12:03:19 PM
Find him on there and he'll accept a friend request! I've been friends with him on there for over a year now.

Will do. Thanks.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: The Equalizer on October 31, 2011, 12:03:19 PM
he does too :clap_hands: :clap_hands:

SouthfieldWhite

Lets hope he makes it too the Lion too, think theres more Fulham fans in there than the brick due to the size of pub, i know when Morgs has popped in the Lion, hes always got a great reception

Vinnieffc

Who put the ball in the carlisle net ??  :clap_hands:

LBNo11

Quote from: Vinnieffc on October 31, 2011, 02:32:09 PM

...ermm, Les Barrett, 1975 quarter final FA Cup..?

:hook: :dft012:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: LBNo11 on October 31, 2011, 02:35:01 PM
Quote from: Vinnieffc on October 31, 2011, 02:32:09 PM

...ermm, Les Barrett, 1975 quarter final FA Cup..?

:hook: :dft012:
Oh yeah I think Carlisle has to be my most favourite away venue, was there for the Les Barrett tap in and the 97  Rodney MacAree screemer. Both games hold so many memories for me.

fulham pete

Best thing about the 97 trip - about 3/4 of the way up on the train my son looked at me and said "all those stories about the 1975 trip are true arn't they".

Now he tells his daughter stories about 97. Can see in her eyes, she dosnt quite believe daddy and grandad dancing on every station platform on the way back.

FFCcravencottage

I'm back just to say one more thing, in the 75 and 97 games we were battered, if you think we robbed Wigan this week trust me in both of these games against carlise we robbed them proper. The first was Mellor v Carlise and the second was the woodwork + Fulham V  Carlise.

Rupert

Quote from: FFCcravencottage on October 31, 2011, 06:14:14 PM
I'm back just to say one more thing, in the 75 and 97 games we were battered, if you think we robbed Wigan this week trust me in both of these games against carlise we robbed them proper. The first was Mellor v Carlise and the second was the woodwork + Fulham V  Carlise.

I have to disagree about '97. I remember it as being fairly even. At half time, with them 1-0 up, there was a confident buzz around the travelling hordes that we were still in the game and it was very winnable (the things you chat about in the queue for the loo). Maybe this was simply because of the belief we all had in that team (though we did have a few bad away days, even then), but I can't recall thinking we would be lucky to get away without a battering.
Second half, we were on top, got the deserved equaliser, went ahead through St Rodders, they fought back and hit the bar. It could have gone either way, if we had lost 2-1 then it would have been just as "fair" a result as us winning by that score. It was, simply, a very competetive game between two teams heading for promotion.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: Rupert on October 31, 2011, 06:25:32 PM
Quote from: FFCcravencottage on October 31, 2011, 06:14:14 PM

I have to disagree about '97. I remember it as being fairly even. At half time, with them 1-0 up, there was a confident buzz around the travelling hordes that we were still in the game and it was very winnable (the things you chat about in the queue for the loo). Maybe this was simply because of the belief we all had in that team (though we did have a few bad away days, even then), but I can't recall thinking we would be lucky to get away without a battering.
Second half, we were on top, got the deserved equaliser, went ahead through St Rodders, they fought back and hit the bar. It could have gone either way, if we had lost 2-1 then it would have been just as "fair" a result as us winning by that score. It was, simply, a very competetive game between two teams heading for promotion.
Obviously your nerve was holding out better than mine, because apart from them hitting the crossbar, (as far as my memory serves after we got the second they battered us non stop). Fortunately we held out. Great game, great times.

HatterDon

Quote from: fulham pete on October 31, 2011, 05:41:30 PM
Best thing about the 97 trip - about 3/4 of the way up on the train my son looked at me and said "all those stories about the 1975 trip are true arn't they".

Now he tells his daughter stories about 97. Can see in her eyes, she dosnt quite believe daddy and grandad dancing on every station platform on the way back.

All of us first-generation colonial Fulham folk absolutely love stories like this. Thank you so much for posting this comment.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel