more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (02/11/11)...

Started by WhiteJC, November 02, 2011, 07:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Hereford United sign Fulham striker Richard Peniket

Hereford United have signed teenage Fulham striker Richard Peniket on a month-long loan deal.

The 18-year-old, who is 6ft 3in and was born in Bromsgrove, plays for Fulham's academy side and made one appearance in the Premier Reserve League.

Peniket, who began on Walsall's books, has played for Wales at Under-19 level and featured in their Under-21 squad.

He is reported to have attracted interest in the summer from Wolves, Birmingham City and Rangers.

Peniket, who played for the Bulls in a reserve game at Edgar Street against the Glenn Hoddle Academy on Tuesday afternoon, moved to Fulham in 2009, when Manchester United were also keen on signing him.

He is available to make his debut for League Two strugglers Hereford against second-placed Crawley at Edgar Street on Saturday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15555978.stm?

WhiteJC

View from the river: European wins will be remembered forever, those against Wigan will not

"I know the priority will always be Premier League survival but I would much rather finish 13th in the league and have a run in Europe then finish eighth any day"

We won away...

It's okay, take a moment, realise the enormity of what I just said...

We won away!

I know I'm getting a little carried away but (as I mentioned previously) our away record has been mediocre for what seems like forever.

Not only that but we didn't even play that well and ground out a result. Something (that for all the progress the club have made in recent seasons) we have struggled to do consistently.

Compare that to the Everton game of a couple of weeks back and the result seems all the more impressive. I still don't know how Bobby didn't score that goal and I'm not sure I ever will. Every time I watch the replay back I still think he'll score.

More importantly though, we are back to winning ways which will hopefully continue up against Wisla Krakow on Thursday evening. I hope the sense of grievance felt by both players and fans after the last game against them, and Mousa's ridiculous red, will translate to a great atmosphere and three points.

I know after our semi dip in form some fans have been suggesting that Europe is an unwelcome distraction but what else are we playing for if not to progress and play in Europe.

I know the priority will always be Premier League survival but I would much rather finish 13th in the league and have a run in Europe then finish eighth any day.

Memories like beating Juventus and the Europa League final will last forever whilst games like Sunday' s, as important a win as it was, will not.

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/view_from_the_river_european_wins_will_be_remembered_forever_those_against_wigan_will_not_1_1115293?