News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Way to show the fans the clubs ambition levels...

Started by Tktd, January 26, 2010, 04:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tktd

Arguably one of the hottest prospects we've ever had and could ever have and as soon as he shows a bit of ability we sell him.

I'm personally F***king annoyed by this - i've supported this team for ages and would like to see them at least show some signs of wanting to compete at higher levels. Selling off our prized asset, whilst potentially being a good deal looking at the club leaves us wanting. This is stupid. He could've been worth at least £20/£25 mill if he continues to improve the way he has and we've seemingly bitten utd's hand off as soon as they offered us a good deal - what ever happened to holding out - starting a bidding war or waiting till the summer to at least let his value go up.

loving dissapointing move from the club... gutted, truely gutted.  :-X ::) ??? :-\

clintclintdeuce

mate for what we payed for him, we can gamble 20 more players like him if we wanted to. we will most certainly reinvest this new found capital in strengthening our side. and who knows maybe hell turn out to be rubbish?
The Dude abides.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: Tktd on January 26, 2010, 04:38:27 PM

Arguably one of the hottest prospects we've ever had and could ever have and as soon as he shows a bit of ability we sell him.

I'm personally F***king annoyed by this - i've supported this team for ages and would like to see them at least show some signs of wanting to compete at higher levels. Selling off our prized asset, whilst potentially being a good deal looking at the club leaves us wanting. This is stupid. He could've been worth at least £20/£25 mill if he continues to improve the way he has and we've seemingly bitten utd's hand off as soon as they offered us a good deal - what ever happened to holding out - starting a bidding war or waiting till the summer to at least let his value go up.

f***ing dissapointing move from the club... gutted, truely gutted.  :-X ::) ??? :-\

bit harsh there mate, approximately 8 million CLEAR PROFIT! bar a few quid ,on a player who has played a hand full of games for us and cost us nothing is a result,that cash can be splash on a forward who can move us forward-got to play the long game here brother

JBH

Yes he could have been worth more but he could also get a very bad injury or turn out to be an average player, this is about the club getting a very good deal for a vitually unknown player, who may or may not turn out to be world class, be assured that the club will have add-ons in the deal.

As for him being our prized asset, you are talking bollox! he has played in 8 1st team games, that hardly makes him a fcukin legend! get real and don't become so emotional about a player, at the end of the day they all come and go, because for them its about Money not loyalty to the badge.

The club being solvent is more important than any one player, look at clubs in big financial trouble and ask your self if you want FFC to end up like Pompey or Palace?!!

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

we can spend that cash on Moses and still have quids in the bank-your telling me thats not a result?

os5889

Im undecided, cant decide if this is a blessing, I still feel Smalling's a bit of a Bramble waiting to happen

SuffolkWhite

I defer to Roy's judgement on this one, I will miss Smalling, one of the Basel Hero's.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

as i've posted before it's all about the improvement of the team,trust in Roy he's not lets us down yet!