watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

£10 Million Dembele Bid & Grygera Out For Season

Started by White Noise, November 07, 2011, 10:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyGilroy

But if we let him rundown his contract he leaves for nothing in 18 months.

cmg

There aren't many clubs whose players are beyond price.

Dembele is an excellent player with considerable potential. Obviously £10m is too cheap and £25m is a bit rich - but somewhere in between is a figure which, if offered, would make all parties happy, in which case the player would go. Sad (maybe), but true.

Incidentally, I am always intrigued by the phrase "are preparing a £10 million bid". What does that mean? Are they practising writing down £10,000,000 to test how many naughts are needed? Are they scratching around behind the furniture at White Hart Lane to find an odd fiver to make up the pile of money? Are they desperately trying to get hold of somone who knows Fulham's telephone number? Or is it just a newspaper way of saying that they might (or might not) make a bid - which could, of course, be said of any club about any player at any time?

elgreenio

probably a bit of the latter and a bit of 'what kind of crap clauses can we throw in to spread the cost?'.
No idea why they'd bother with another player of his sort, they've still got Dos Santos walking around somewhere ffs
touch my camera through the fence

Basil

Funny how with the headline and discussion it barely merits a mention that we have lost our first choice right back for the season, big blow this, he is a proper player in my opinion. Hughes/Senderos back at Centre back and Baird there or Kelly to get starting nod?

White Noise

Quote from: ron on November 08, 2011, 10:43:14 AM
The key to "mid table respectability" rather than the flirting with the relegation zone as we seem to do at sometime in every season is in retaining players like Dembele. So many times in the 50 odd years I've supported this club have we had the chance to turn the corner with young players of talent - (Robson, Mullery and Clarke to name a few), only to have them cherry picked by others, and see the chance to build around a nucleus of class players go with them. Sadly at a disadvantage by not being able to offer silly wages, it's down to jol to keep him by charisma, freedom of expression...or whatever it takes. 

Not saying that mid-table is an end in itself, but the next step.

I agree with this sentiment but I think the key to mid table respectability is hanging on to some of them but not all. A club of our size will never be able to hold on to all its good players but there has been a shift since RH arrived. We are holding on to players now that we would have lost in the past - the likes of Hangeland, Dempsey, Schwarzer, and Zamora would have gone in the days under Coleman. Dempsey has been here almost 5 years and has been linked with moves away throughout that time. Of the best (or seemingly best) of the recent-ish arrivals I can't see us losing all 3 of Kasami, Ruiz and Dembele in the next 2 years and we are the best placed to resist approaches that we have ever been.

Mr Fulham

It's vital that he signs a new deal. He's out of contract after next season...

rhyspabsolom

Quote from: White Noise on November 08, 2011, 06:16:13 PM
http://www.tottenhamblog.com/2011/11/08/is-dembele-really-in-the-van-der-vaart-class/

'ilovespurs' clearly isn't 'ilovelogic'.

Apparently they don't want Dembele because VDV plays in better teams with better players so scores more goals...
...so surely Mousa could score more goals when playing in a better team with world class players like Parker (LOL)?