last updated Thursday 10th November 2011, 12:14 PM

Niklas Moisander
Position Defender
P.O.B. Turku,
Finland
D.O.B 29/09/85
Height 6 00
Club AZ

Reportedly Fulham are heading for a January tug-of-war over £3.5m-rated Finland defender Niklas Moisander with QPR.

Both west London clubs are watching the 26-year-old, who has two-and-a-half years left on his AZ Alkmaar contract.

Moisander won the Dutch title with Alkmaar in 2009 and now captains the club, but is keen on a move to the Premier League.

He can play either as a centre-half or left-back, areas QPR and Fulham have identified as a weakness.

He said: "This is my fourth season here and I think it would be better if I find a different challenge. I'd love to play in another league."

Burt

cebu

I hope this doesn't mean we're thinking of selling Briggsie any time soon!   092.gif

The King

He was close to a move in August to PSV, but it didn't happen in the end. Used to play as a left back for the national team, now he's the first choice CB and the captain. He is of course the Alkmaar captain too. Not great in the air, more of a ball playing defender. He'll surely leave AZ, January or the summer.

We do neen a younger CB, though I'm not sure Nikke's the right man for the job.

cebu

He's 6' 0" (1.82m) so he wouldn't be a future replacement for Brede! But maybe he could step into Hughes's shoes, when the time comes.

The King

Yeah, that's what I thought, could nicely replace Hughesy but couldn't be arsed to write it on my phone, already hard enough. If AZ go on like this and lead the league by 15 points or something in January, I'd imagine he'll stay there until the end of the season and win the Eredivisie with them and have a go in the Europa League. Eredivisie's stats have him as the 2nd best defender in the league and 10th best player in the league at the moment. He's scored some goals this season too, one being a nice strike from 25 yards. He's a bit like a cheap Vertonghen, gets forward, can pass and stuff.

Niklas Moisander goal against Groningen