Started by White Noise, November 08, 2011, 06:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LRCN

Quote from: richie17 on November 09, 2011, 11:55:58 AM
Quote from: Airfix on November 09, 2011, 11:40:30 AM
Quote from: richie17 on November 09, 2011, 11:36:57 AM
Quote from: finnster01 on November 09, 2011, 10:26:58 AM
Quote from: Airfix on November 09, 2011, 10:05:28 AM
Going to be pedantic on the original post for a moment.

As someone who spends a goodly portion of his life creating graphs for others to analyse, the graph shown would benefit inordinately from some differentiation in bar colouring!

There.  I'll go now.   Get Coat gif

Mr Airfix,
My head just exploded after I was staring at those graphs trying to figure it out. Couple that with a not so "self-explanatory" explanation and lack of a real point, I had to turn out the light for a minute.

blimey, if you can work out my monte carlos you can work this out!  It's simple: break down games by home and away, by 'easy' and by 'hard', and see what happens when Dickson's there and when he's not. 

The colouring is just me arsing around.  I liked it and didn't think people would have too much difficulty telling the difference between a bar that's about the same length as another bar, and another bar that's bigger than the others.

I'd have made the "Dickson" bars a different colour to the "No Dickson" bars, that's what I am trying to say.

yep, so would I were I doing something serious, but having decided to go for the apocalyptic sunburst colour scheme, it looked a bit weird if I had Dickson and Non-Dickson bars different.

haha, it was clearly concious considering the key.

anyway yeah i'm of the opinion that etuhu is an underappreciated player, the stick he gets is bordering on rediculous now and it's getting quite tedious.

Burt

Depends what you want him to do given the opposition or situation in a particular game.

If you are OK with a solid, no-frills, defensive midfielder then that is fine.

If you want him to be an attacking box-to-box midfielder then he is out of his depth.

aussierod

Quote from: finnster01 on November 09, 2011, 11:04:05 AM
Quote from: Bilet on November 09, 2011, 10:37:13 AM
I love it and I'm pretty sure the stats don't lie. Etuhu is a better player when he doesn't have to move forward and make harder passes.

In fact, I don't think he can

I was trying to find some stats on him last night however could only get very basic stuff. One thing I did notice though is that in his time with us, has only ever made 2 assists in his 4 years. I know thats not his job, his job is to protect the back 4 etc however I think I'd rather Baird in his role, as 1) he's a CB so better defender and in the air and 2) although a CB, has better passing range and abilities than Etuhu.
With regards to horses for courses, sometimes that works and others not, Etuhu provides us with another option however if I could upgrade any type of player (eg CB, fullback, defensive mid, central mid, winger, striker etc) within our squad it would Etuhu. I don't hate the guy, he's done a decent job for us over the years providing us stability and helping to create a defensively strong side which previously we were very frail defensively (pre Hodgson, so Sanchez and especially Cookie) however I think we are at a point that he would be my first player I would upgrade in order to further the club
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

BalDrick

Quote from: aussierod on November 09, 2011, 01:09:53 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on November 09, 2011, 11:04:05 AM
Quote from: Bilet on November 09, 2011, 10:37:13 AM
I love it and I'm pretty sure the stats don't lie. Etuhu is a better player when he doesn't have to move forward and make harder passes.

In fact, I don't think he can

I was trying to find some stats on him last night however could only get very basic stuff. One thing I did notice though is that in his time with us, has only ever made 2 assists in his 4 years. I know thats not his job, his job is to protect the back 4 etc however I think I'd rather Baird in his role, as 1) he's a CB so better defender and in the air and 2) although a CB, has better passing range and abilities than Etuhu.
With regards to horses for courses, sometimes that works and others not, Etuhu provides us with another option however if I could upgrade any type of player (eg CB, fullback, defensive mid, central mid, winger, striker etc) within our squad it would Etuhu. I don't hate the guy, he's done a decent job for us over the years providing us stability and helping to create a defensively strong side which previously we were very frail defensively (pre Hodgson, so Sanchez and especially Cookie) however I think we are at a point that he would be my first player I would upgrade in order to further the club

Agreed completely.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

os5889

Stats can prove or disprove anything!

Im sure theres one out there that says Heskey is better than Messi...

MJG

Quote from: os5889 on November 09, 2011, 06:21:35 PM
Stats can prove or disprove anything!

Im sure theres one out there that says Heskey is better than Messi...
He's taller.