News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Has anyone been paying attention to this Penn St issue?

Started by AmericanJames, November 10, 2011, 08:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanJames

One of the most surreal things I have ever watched play out. A sad but necessary end for one of the greatest college coaches ever. A even sadder situation causing it. I hope those affected receive the needed  help and those inline to be punished are so in the fullest ability of the law.
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

mhatc

I attempted to read the grand jury report. Very disturbing and disgusting.

finnster01

And the students riots? WTF?

How about the defenseless kids that got raped? Why didn't Paterno call the cops when he heard about it? Telling someone further up in the Penn State system for convenience is no excuse to do what is the proper thing to do, i.e. call the cops. Disgusting. I don't care how many games you have coached, protecting an innocent child is everyone's responsibility. :035:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

RidgeRider

I haven't read everything so I speak from a lack of full details but is it truly clear that Paterno did nothing but report it one time to school officials? It is surprising that he never went to the police. Whomever he reported it to is just as guilty for inaction as Paterno for not pursuing the matter further. You have to wonder what was he thinking and how did he justify in his mind that reporting only to officials on one occasion, if that is actually the case, is sufficient action in something so disgusting.

mhatc

Quote from: RidgeRider on November 11, 2011, 02:39:14 PM
I haven't read everything so I speak from a lack of full details but is it truly clear that Paterno did nothing but report it one time to school officials? It is surprising that he never went to the police. Whomever he reported it to is just as guilty for inaction as Paterno for not pursuing the matter further. You have to wonder what was he thinking and how did he justify in his mind that reporting only to officials on one occasion, if that is actually the case, is sufficient action in something so disgusting.
Basically the administration said go do it somewhere else. Just don't molest kids in our building.

Tom

:020:  :020:  :020:  :020:  :020:  :020:  :020:  :020:  :020:  :020:  :020:
Fulham for life!

AmericanJames

Whats worse is McQueary seeing it happen and instead of immediately beating the shite out of the guy he calls his dad and runs out of the building. Spineless, gutless, soulless person, makes me sick.
Some people are literally too stupid to insult