more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (15/11/11)...

Started by WhiteJC, November 15, 2011, 07:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

ZAMORA READY TO TAKE HIS CHANCE

Bobby Zamora is determined to press his claims to be part of England's Euro 2012 squad, after admitting every game "feels like a trial".

The Fulham striker will win his second cap in Tuesday night's friendly against Sweden at Wembley after head coach Fabio Capello confirmed the 30-year-old will start.

Zamora's only other appearance for his country was as a substitute against Hungary 15 months ago.

An Achilles injury ruled him out of contention for the 2010 World Cup, but he wants to make an impact against the Swedes and push his claims.

Zamora said: "Every game feels like a trial. You have got to take you chance and that's what I intend to do.

"I'm looking forward to it. I can't wait for it. There are guys vying for the same position as you.

"You have to bide your time and when you get that chance, try and impress and do my best to hang onto it.

"It's been a bit up and down with injuries but that's football, that's life. You work hard and take your opportunities when they come.

"To stay in the squad and to be involved in the summer is the aim."

Zamora's inclusion appears to have put him ahead of Andy Carroll in the pecking order.

Capello said: "I've had Zamora around the team for a long time. He had some hand problems at the start of the season, and his balance was not good.

"In the games he's played in this last period, he's played really well. I want to see him at Wembley."

Capello had once said Carroll was the future but, when asked on Monday about that statement, he said: "Yes, but that depends on him. Not on me."

John Terry will return against Sweden with Capello happy for him to still skipper the side when the subject of a police investigation over alleged racist remarks to QPR defender Anton Ferdinand.

But Capello admits he would prefer competition for places after the impressive displays of Phil Jagielka and Joleon Lescott in the absence of Terry against Spain at the weekend.

He said: "I think yes, I am comfortable (with Terry), absolutely. You know why? Because, guys, it's innocent until....(proven guilty). I've spoken with him.

"Is Terry an automatic starter? I hope I will have problems always when I need to choose the players.

"I saw Lescott play a really good game. He did play really well as did Jagielka.

"I'd prefer to have four good players and a problem to choose which ones play, rather than only one from whom to choose."

Capello revealed Terry, Gary Cahill, Kyle Walker, Jack Rodwell, Leighton Baines and Zamora will be amongst the starters against Sweden who were not in the first XI against Spain.

But Danny Welbeck is a fitness doubt with what Capello described as "something that gives him a little pain, little problems", with Scott Carson and Daniel Sturridge likely to be used as substitutes.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/11/15/SOCCER_England_Zamora.html&TEAMHD=soccer&BID=165

WhiteJC

'On trial' Bobby Zamora aiming to take England chance

Bobby Zamora is determined to press his claims to be part of England's Euro 2012 squad, after admitting every game "feels like a trial".

The Fulham striker will win his second cap in tonight's friendly against Sweden at Wembley after head coach Fabio Capello confirmed the 30-year-old will start.

Zamora's only other appearance for his country was as a substitute against Hungary 15 months ago.

An Achilles injury ruled him out of contention for the 2010 World Cup, but he wants to make an impact against the Swedes and push his claims.

Zamora said: "Every game feels like a trial. You have got to take you chance and that's what I intend to do.

"I'm looking forward to it. I can't wait for it. There are guys vying for the same position as you. You have to bide your time and when you get that chance, try and impress and do my best to hang onto it.

"It's been a bit up and down with injuries but that's football, that's life. You work hard and take your opportunities when they come.

Zamora's inclusion appears to have put him ahead of Andy Carroll in the pecking order.

Capello said: "I've had Zamora around the team for a long time. He had some hand problems at the start of the season, and his balance was not good.

"In the games he's played in this last period, he's played really well. I want to see him at Wembley."

Capello revealed Terry, Gary Cahill, Kyle Walker, Jack Rodwell, Leighton Baines and Zamora will be amongst the starters against Sweden who were not in the first XI against Spain.

But Danny Welbeck is a fitness doubt with what Capello described as "something that gives him a little pain, little problems", with Scott Carson and Daniel Sturridge likely to be used as substitutes

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-24009892-on-trial-bobby-zamora-aiming-to-take-england-chance.do?

WhiteJC

Zamora keen to stake claim
Striker tipped to start England's friendly against Sweden

Bobby Zamora: Fulham striker is keen to seize his chance to prove he should be in England's Euro 2012 squad

Bobby Zamora is looking forward to the opportunity to prove his England credentials by featuring in Tuesday evening's friendly against Sweden.

The Fulham striker has been tipped to start at Wembley as England coach Fabio Capello weighs up the options to fill in for Wayne Rooney, who is suspended for the Euro 2012 group phase.

Zamora's only England cap to date was as a substitute against Hungary in August 2010 and he has been on the bench for the last two games against Montenegro and Spain.

The 30-year-old accepts he will be on trial against Sweden, but is determined to stake his claim for a place in Capello's squad for next summer's finals in Poland and Ukraine.

Bide your time

"Every game feels like a trial," said Zamora. "You have got to take you chance and that's what I intend to do.

"I'm looking forward to it. I can't wait for it. There are guys vying for the same position as you.

"You have to bide your time and when you get that chance, try and impress and do my best to hang onto it.

Zamora's inclusion appears to have put him ahead of Andy Carroll in the pecking order and Capello confirmed he wants to see how the former Tottenham forward handles himself against Sweden.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7309296/?

WhiteJC

Cottage ace's U-turn over Spurs link

Moussa Dembele has insisted that he is 'happy at Fulham' despite admitting a move to Tottenham would be a 'step up' in his career.

The 24-year-old Belgian forward, who joined the Cottagers from AZ Alkmaar in summer 2010, is enjoying an impressive campaign at Craven Cottage and has attracted the attentions of several clubs, including Arsenal and Liverpool.

However, Tottenham are thought to be the front-runners for his signature having been strongly tipped to make a January approach.

Dembele recently admitted that a move to White Hart Lane would 'obviously be a step higher' which will no doubt have sparked fears that he would look to leave.

However, he has now boosted boss Martin Jol and the fans by revealing that he has no plans to depart in the near future.

He said: "I was asked about links with Spurs, but I am happy at Fulham and under contract at the club. I was flattered by the interest but all it means is that I am playing well."

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/fulham/cottage-aces-u-turn-over-spurs-link-1334983.html?#.TsJAWGAlE98

WhiteJC

Zamora eyes England's 2,000th goal

Fulham striker Bobby Zamora is determined to press his claims to be part of Fabio Capello's Euro 2012 squad and could do so by scoring England's 2,000th international goal on Tuesday night.

Zamora, who won his one and only England cap as a substitute against Hungary 15 months ago, has been told he will start against Sweden at Wembley and is eager to impress after injury ruled him out of contention for the 2010 World Cup.

England have not beaten Sweden for 43-years, but should one of Capello's team score, it will be a landmark 2000th goal, coming 138 years after William Kenyon-Slaney netted the first in a 4-2 win over Scotland on 8 March, 1873.

Zamora, 30, could be the man to write his name in England's history books and is fully focused on making a big impression at Wembley with only a limited number of games remaining to press his claims for a place in the squad for the European Championships.

"Every game feels like a trial," Zamora said. "You have got to take you chance and that's what I intend to do. I'm looking forward to it. I can't wait for it. There are guys vying for the same position as you.

"It's been a bit up and down with injuries but that's football, that's life. You work hard and take your opportunities when they come. To stay in the squad and to be involved in the summer is the aim.''

"In the games he's played in this last period, he's played really well. I want to see him at Wembley.''

Capello had once said Carroll was the future but, when asked about that statement, he said: "Yes, but that depends on him. Not on me.''

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/983786/bobby-zamora-eyes-chance-to-score-england?&cc=5739

WhiteJC

Strike ace linked

Neil Warnock is being linked with a New Year move for Fulham striker Andy Johnson as he looks to add to his squad.

The QPR boss will be handed funds from owner Tony Fernandes when the transfer window opens in January and a striker is top of his wanted list.

Spurs frontman Jermain Defoe has been linked on a regular basis and now former England man Johnson is said to be high on the shopping list.

According to reports, Warnock is ready to offer £6m for the striker, who will be 31 in February, in order to bolster his frontline but that seems excessive as his contract at Craven Cottage ends next summer and he could therefore move on for nothing.

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/queens-park-rangers/strike-ace-linked-1334988.html?#.TsJBE2AlE98

WhiteJC

Zamora and Welbeck to start - reports
Fabio Capello is expected to partner Danny Welbeck with Bobby Zamora up front against Sweden this evening as the England manager plans wholesale changes to the team which beat world champions Spain on Saturday night.

In addition to a radical switch of formation, with England returning to the tried-and-familiar 4-4-2 formation, as many as eight changes to personnel are anticipated with the predicted inclusions of Zamora and Welbeck bound to be translated as a clear snub for Liverpool's malfunctioning £35m striker Andy Carroll. Daniel Sturridge, meanwhile, is likely to debut from the bench.

Those plans will be scuppered if Welbeck fails a late fitness test on a calf injury, although it is the expected first start of Zamora at the ripe old age of 30 which has caused the greatest surprise - and discord. 'Given that his Premier League strike-rate is lower than a goal every four matches and he failed to score a league goal during his single season at a big club such at Tottenham Hotspur, it is tempting to ask why,' notes The Times pointedly.

In defence, John Terry is certain to return alongside Gary Cahill with another boy, Kyle Walker, at right back. Further afield, Jack Rodwell will become the fourth full debutant of the evening, while the only major uncertainty is the identity of England's left-winger, though the best bet looks to be Stewart Downing.

Expected starting line-up: Hart; Walker, Cahill, Terry, Baines; Milner, Rodwell, Barry, Downing; Welbeck, Zamora.

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/7309351/Zamora-and-Welbeck-to-start-reports?

WhiteJC

Zamora's Aim

Fulham striker Bobby Zamora is expected to feature in Fabio Capello's starting eleven for this evening's international friendly against Sweden at Wembley Stadium.

Capello confirmed on Monday afternoon that he will make nine changes to the England team that conquered the world champions Spain last weekend with Zamora now set to earn his second international cap.

"I've had Zamora around the team for a long time," said Capello. "He had some hand problems at the start of the season and his balance was not good. But, in the last few games, he's played really well. I want to see him at Wembley."

After his previous excursions on the international stage were disrupted by injury, Zamora is planning to make a lasting impression against Sweden and put himself in the frame for next summer's Euro 2012 Finals in Poland and the Ukraine.

"Every game feels like a trial," said Zamora. "You have got to take you chance and that's what I intend to do. I'm looking forward to it. I can't wait for it. There are guys vying for the same position as you.

"You have to bide your time and when you get that chance, try and impress and do my best to hang onto it. It's been a bit up and down with injuries but that's football, that's life. You work hard and take your opportunities when they come.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/November/ZamoraEnglandChance.aspx?#ixzz1dllnmV7O

WhiteJC

Fulham star targeting Euro 2012 place

Fabio Capello confirmed the former West Ham striker would start against Sweden tonight

Fulham striker Bobby Zamora is targeting a place in England's Euro 2012 squad.

The 30-year-old is set to win his second cap against Sweden after manager Fabio Capello confirmed the former West Ham striker would start.

Injury ruled him out of contention for the 2010 World Cup but he is out to impress against the Swedes.

"To stay in the squad and to be involved in the summer is the aim," he said.

"Every game feels like a trial. You have got to take you chance and that's what I intend to do.

"It's been a bit up and down with injuries but that's football, that's life. You work hard and take your opportunities when they come."

His selection confirms his place above Liverpool's Andy Carroll in the pecking order.

"I've had Zamora around the team for a long time. He had some hand problems at the start of the season, and his balance was not good," England boss Fabio Capello said.

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham_star_targeting_euro_2012_place_1_1126582?

WhiteJC

Fabio Capello looking forward to giving Fulham striker Bobby Zamora another chance for England
The Italian manager has been impressed with the forward's recent form and looks set to give him a start against Sweden on Tuesday evening in Wembley friendly fixture

England manager Fabio Capello has praised Fulham striker Bobby Zamora's form and insists he is looking forward to seeing himplay at Wembley against Sweden on Tuesday.

The forward has scored three goals and assisted on four occasions in eight league appearances for his club and the Italian boss wants to give the striker another chance on the international stage, with a possible starting position lined up against Erik Hamren's side.

Capello believes Zamora did not look at his best at the start of the current campaign, but has been impressed enough with the 30-year-old recently to offer him another opportunity in an England shirt. 

He told reporters: "Zamora I've had around the team for a long time. He had some hand problems at the start of the season, and his balance was not good.

"In the last few games he's played, in this last period, he's played really well. I want to see him at Wembley.

"By next summer we need to choose the best players. We've got another game to play against Holland, but I need to choose the players when we will start the preparations for the Euros.

"I think these players have got time to improve in that period between now and May. After, I will choose.

"Probably, some players who are in a good moment now, will be so-so then. But the experience for these players to play in Wembley against Spain, Sweden and also against Holland will be important."

The former Real Madrid manager insists his players will be on a high following the win over Spain at the weekend, but has warned the game against Sweden will be a different kind of affair to the one against the world and European champions.

"I think the confidence of the players is improving after we beat Spain, but the game against Sweden will be different," said Capello.

"Against Sweden, we need to play forward, setting the tempo, because they'll defend from midfield.

"Usually they are really compact and play on the counterattack really well, with two players in Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Johan Elmander who are really dangerous on the counter.

"We'll need to be really good with the passes between the lines and passes through - to be more clinical in our decision making. It will be a really different kind of game."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3378/international-friendlies/2011/11/15/2757981/fabio-capello-looking-forward-to-giving-fulham-striker-bobby?

WhiteJC

Gary Rowell: Sunderland need to beat Fulham and Wigan

FULHAM are the opponents for the first of two home games in a row for Sunderland – the second is Wigan – and fans will expect no less than victories in both.

That's where the pressure will come from for Sunderland's players.

It's the opposite of the match they played at Old Trafford where there was zero pressure on them because there was zero expectation. If you'd asked fans before the Manchester United game whether they would accept a 1-0 defeat, they would probably have taken it as a respectable result in the Premier League champions' back yard.

In contrast, fans will expect nothing less than a win over a Fulham side who, like Sunderland, have failed to live up to pre-season expectations so far.

It will not be easy though and Sunderland supporters and players can not afford any complacency against Martin Jol's men.

For some reason, the Londoners have a reputation for not travelling well, for not fancying it.

But on their last trip to Sunderland they won 3-0 and the season before that drew 0-0.

So whether they travel well or not, they certainly don't seem to travel too badly when it comes to making the trip to Sunderland!

Bobby Zamora and Andy Johnson are a more than useful strikeforce and any team which has those two up front will fancy their chances of nicking a point or three.

Sunderland have to be positive though.

They have home advantage and have enough quality to give Sunderland a really good game on their day.

It's a shame about Connor Wickham's injuries but there have been encouraging signs from the team generally and from Stephane Sessegnon and Nicklas Bendtner in particular in recent weeks. So hopefully we'll see Sunderland do well in this week's game against Fulham and next week's match against Wigan to set us up nicely for a busy December.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/sunderland-afc/chris-young-column/gary_rowell_sunderland_need_to_beat_fulham_and_wigan_1_3969400

WhiteJC

Bobby Zamora ready to take England chance

The Fulham striker will win his second cap in tonight's friendly against Sweden at Wembley after head coach Fabio Capello confirmed the 30-year-old will start.

Capello had once said Carroll was the future but, when asked yesterday about that statement, he said: "Yes, but that depends on him. Not on me."

John Terry will return against Sweden with Capello happy for him to still skipper the side when the subject of a police investigation over alleged racist remarks to QPR defender Anton Ferdinand.

But Capello admits he would prefer competition for places after the impressive displays of Phil Jagielka and Joleon Lescott in the absence of Terry against Spain at the weekend.

He said: "I think yes, I am comfortable (with Terry), absolutely. You know why? Because, guys, it's innocent until....(proven guilty). I've spoken with him.

"Is Terry an automatic starter? I hope I will have problems always when I need to choose the players.

"I saw Lescott play a really good game. He did play really well as did Jagielka.

"I'd prefer to have four good players and a problem to choose which ones play, rather than only one from whom to choose."

But Danny Welbeck is a fitness doubt with what Capello described as "something that gives him a little pain, little problems", with Scott Carson and Daniel Sturridge likely to be used as substitutes.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/bobby-zamora-ready-to-take-england-chance-6262496.html?

WhiteJC

Celtic, Fulham and Espanyol in three-way fight for Swedish defender

Celtic and Fulham face a fight with Espanyol to sign Swedish right-back Mikael Lustig in January.

The 24-year-old's contract with Rosenborg expires in November and he will be available on a free transfer.

That has alerted both Celtic and Fulham, but Spanish side Espanyol have also joined the fight for a player who is a regular for his national side.

"We are in dialogue with a number of renowned clubs," said Lustig's representative, Lennart Norgen.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1283/97/celtic-fulham-and-espanyol-three-way-fight-swedish-defender?

WhiteJC

Zamora hoping to score England's 2,000th goal

Fulham striker Bobby Zamora is determined to press his claims to be part of Fabio Capello's Euro 2012 squad and could do so by scoring England's 2,000th international goal on Tuesday night.

Zamora, who won his one and only England cap as a substitute against Hungary 15 months ago, has been told he will start against Sweden at Wembley and is eager to impress after injury ruled him out of contention for the 2010 World Cup.

England have not beaten Sweden for 43-years, but should one of Capello's team score, it will be a landmark 2000th goal, coming 138 years after William Kenyon-Slaney netted the first in a 4-2 win over Scotland on 8 March, 1873.

Zamora, 30, could be the man to write his name in England's history books and is fully focused on making a big impression at Wembley with only a limited number of games remaining to press his claims for a place in the squad for the European Championships.

"Every game feels like a trial," Zamora said. "You have got to take you chance and that's what I intend to do. I'm looking forward to it. I can't wait for it. There are guys vying for the same position as you.

"It's been a bit up and down with injuries but that's football, that's life. You work hard and take your opportunities when they come. To stay in the squad and to be involved in the summer is the aim.''

"In the games he's played in this last period, he's played really well. I want to see him at Wembley.''

Capello had once said Carroll was the future but, when asked about that statement, he said: "Yes, but that depends on him. Not on me.''

http://www.footballbuster.com/pages/posts/zamora-hoping-to-score-englands-2000th-goal3277.php?

WhiteJC

Odds On Bobby

Bobby Zamora is set to win his second England cap in tonight's international friendly against Sweden at Wembley and the Fulham striker is rated at 8/1 to score the opening goal of the game with our official on-line and in-stadia betting partner, Bet Butler.

Zamora, is available at 15/8 to score at any point during the game and supporters keen for a long shot can catch the striker at 66/1 to score a hat-trick.

England have drawn all four of their last games against Sweden and it's a 5/2 chance that this evening's contest will also end in a draw. Fabio Capello's team are listed at 5/6 to claim the win whilst Sweden are quoted at 4/1 with Bet Butler.

Open an account with Bet Butler today and follow FFC's official on-line and in-stadia partner on Twitter @thebetbutler for all the latest Fulham news and prices, plus some fantastic competition prizes. 

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/November/EnglandBobbyOdds.aspx?#ixzz1dn72iGJ4

WhiteJC

World, shut your mouth

Yes, I heard that. It would obviously be a step higher, and that has always been my goal. I did well last season when I was not injured, through many matches for Fulham. So why not step higher?

Why not indeed? You can look at this a couple of ways: one, footballers are too dull and never say anything noteworthy, so Dembele is to be applauded for answering a question (in this case about the very real interest from Spurs) honestly.  Two, what kind of an idiot says something like this, knowing full well how it will be interpreted and the furore that will undoubtedly follow?

I suspect it doesn't really matter which (if either) is true.  There can be few footballers who aren't thinking about the sort of career they want to compile and where they'd like to do this, and the act of putting these plans into public words doesn't mean he's any less keen on playing for Fulham. (If anything the opposite will be true: if he wants the big move he has to play well for us.)

But it still feels a bit off. Andrew Johnson has also been speaking about his situation in the press, and it seems possible that he may be on his way sooner rather than later.  The matter is more urgent for AJ, there being less time remaining on his contract.  So it's a different kettle of fish, not least because the players are at differing points on their respective career arcs: Johnson, briefly rejuvenated and healthy (in a more attacking team), has certainly timed his run of form well, but Fulham would probably be wise to take any sensible offer for him and thank him for all he's done. If anything AJ's probably talking to the press because he actually wants to stay, but is finding it hard to get a satisfactory deal done (footballers don't need money, but the status of a certain wage level (relative to peers) must be important). And he's right: he probably does only have one more Premier League contract in him, so it does make sense to get a deal that he's satisfied with.

Dembele's circumstances are very different. His disappearance would be a huge shame, not least because he hasn't yet turned the corner from promise to performance. He's certainly showing everything you'd want from a youngish flair player (arguably too old to be a future superstar; bang on track to be a good Premier League contributor for a serious team), but were he to leave soon, what would his Fulham career amount to?  Some fun dribbles, a handful of handy goals, and that wonder run against Spurs.  He didn't cost us all that much and we'd make a tidy profit on him, but really, it doesn't feel like time for him to go. Chris Smalling went at the right time for him and for us, Steed Malbranque went (almost calamitously) too soon (for everyone), Louis Saha's situation was complicated but at least had put together a hell of a CV while a Fulham player. Dembele? Not yet, no.

I think he's at least a year ahead of himself. Finish this season well, play a starring role next season, then fine, off you go to a real big club (preferably having signed a contract extension with Fulham in the interim). Now? Too soon.  He's not the player he needs to be and the team hasn't had value from him yet.  Let's hope we don't get an offer we can't refuse in January (part of a Modric domino effect?), because he's the kind of player we need to build around, not sell to Spurs. Sell him to City when he's won us the FA Cup in 2013 or something.

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2011/11/15/world-shut-your-mouth/?

WhiteJC

Huddersfield Town boss: £2m won't buy Jordan Rhodes' socks as Newcastle United, Celtic and Fulham linked

HUDDERSFIELD Town boss Lee Clark has rubbished claims that Scotland hot shot Jordan Rhodes has a £2m release clause in his contract, saying: "That figure wouldn't even buy his socks."

The club's 13-goal top scorer is back in training at Canalside on Thursday having won his first full cap in Cyprus last Friday and netted in the Under 21s' stunning 2-1 European Championship qualifying win over Holland yesterday.

Rhodes, who now has six goals in as many Under 21 outings, flew back from Nijmegen accompanied by reports of interest from Newcastle, Fulham and Celtic and suggestions of the release clause in a contract which runs through to 2015.

But Clark said: "None of our players have a release clause and the owner (Dean Hoyle) has gone on record as saying we won't be selling any of our rising stars in January.

"When players perform well, as Jordan is doing, there will always be speculation, but that is all it is."

Read More http://www.examiner.co.uk/huddersfield-town-fc/huddersfield-town-news/2011/11/15/huddersfield-town-boss-2m-won-t-buy-jordan-rhodes-socks-as-newcastle-united-celtic-and-fulham-linked-86081-29781619/?#ixzz1dn7f1FqI

WhiteJC

Blackburn Rovers target Fulham striker Andy Johnson

According to reports Blackburn Rovers are eyeing Fulham striker Andy Johnson.

The Daily Mail claims Rovers boss Steve Kean wants Johnson to bolster their attack as the Fulham forward edges closer to a move away from Craven Cottage.

The former England striker's deal runs out at the end of the season and Fulham's refusal to match his current £40,000-a-week salary has raised the prospect of a January transfer.

West Bromwich Albion and Leicester City have also been monitoring Johnson, while there has been interest from Queens Park Rangers.

http://www.clicklancashire.com/sport/blackburn-rovers-fc/1210852-blackburn-rovers-target-fulham-striker-andy-johnson.html?

WhiteJC

Reserves 4-1 Watford

Fulham's Reserves Team recorded a comfortable 4-1 victory over Watford in a behind-closed-doors friendly at Motspur Park on Tuesday afternoon, courtesy of goals from Alex Kacaniklic, Tom Donegan, a trialist and Marcello Trotta.

A bright start for Fulham saw the Whites nearly take the lead in the second minute after Alex Kacaniklic's low cross was diverted into the path of Bjorn Helge Riise. The Norwegian adjusted his feet well to take the shot but his effort was saved by Rene Gilmartin.

A driving run from Kacaniklic on 12 minutes set up a good opportunity for Marcello Trotta, who saw his shot deflected wide by a recovering defender.

Fulham continued to create the better attacking situations and a fine piece of skill from Bjorn Helge Riise in the area on 20 minutes allowed the winger to float a cross into the danger area – unfortunately the Whites couldn't apply the finishing touch.

Kacaniklic, who looked dangerous throughout the first-half, did well to be in the right place at the right time to take advantage of a lapse in concentration from the Watford defence. The Swedish winger broke free down the left flank and cut to ball back to Cauley Woodrow, who placed his shot just wide of the far post.

The Whites finally took the lead on 36 minutes. Having won possession just in front of the Watford penalty area, the ball was played into the path to Kacaniklic and he made no mistake from 10 yards out, sliding a good finish past the 'keeper.

Fulham doubled their lead on 50 minutes after Kacaniklic was brought down on the edge of the penalty area – resulting in a free-kick in a dangerous position. Tom Donegan stepped up and curled a wonderful effort beyond the dive of Gilmartin.

The Whites started to assert their dominance after Donegan's strike and they soon added a third when a trailist finished off a penetrative move from Billy McKinlay's men.

The visitors netted a somewhat fortuitous goal on the hour mark, but it did little to affect the flow of the game or indeed the outcome. The scoring was completed when Marcello Trotta added a fourth on 78 minutes after he shifted the ball onto his right foot and calmly passed the ball into net from eight yards.

Fulham: Bettinelli; Dean (Pritchard h/t), Harris, Burn, A Smith (O'Reilly 59); B Riise, Donegan (Brister 75), Gecov, Kacaniklic; Woodrow (Trialist h/t), Trotta

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/November/ReservesvWatford.aspx?#ixzz1dn8DW1L6

WhiteJC

Capello on Zamora

This time tomorrow we`ll all be a little wiser as to whether Bobby Zamora did himself justice and performed well for England, against Sweden.

Zamora, named in the starting eleven, has waited patiently for his chance and at the press conference, held in the Hertfordshire Hotel the squad are staying in, Fabio Capello had this to say about our Bobby,

"I`ve had Zamora around the team for a long time."

"He had some hand problems at the start of the season and his balance was not good."

"But, in the last few games, he`s played really well. I want to see him at Wembley."

So do we all Fabio, so do we all.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=262510#ixzz1dnFj2aSR