more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Warning: possible Virus from FoF?

Started by leonffc, November 15, 2011, 08:28:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonffc

Ladies and gents,
I've had an email from 'you tube service' in a foreign a language. I didn't open it but it started 'dear Leonffc' which leads me to believe it's got my name from here or the FoF facebook page.
It may be harmless but it looked dodgy so just be vigilant.

Sorry if this was put on earlier, I wasn't around at the weekend.

Any idea mods?

LBNo11

...Leon, I'm not sure how that could happen but I will ask WhiteJC if it is possible, and if so what we can do to prevent it.

If it is not possible we will make sure that we can allay any fears...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Logicalman

Leon,

Can you post the contents of the email on this thread please.

You said it contained a virus, what virus was identified by what AV program?

Thanks,

WhiteJC

the only way anyones email can be 'found' from this site is by sending an email to them via the "send email" option.

to do this, you must be a member, visitors can't see this option.

on average I refuse membership to 60+ people a day, these are either 'know spammers' or have suspicious names
i.e. yk43hhf or buycheapcalis
once a membership has been accepted, the new member must validate their account, if they don't validate then their request after a couple of weeks then the membership is rejected

on Facebook I don't think you can find out someones email, so I'm not sure how they would have found your "name" and email

Admin

Quote from: leonffc on November 15, 2011, 08:28:06 AM
Ladies and gents,
I've had an email from 'you tube service' in a foreign a language. I didn't open it but it started 'dear Leonffc' which leads me to believe it's got my name from here or the FoF facebook page.

Any idea mods?

This is Facebook related, I've seen loads on Facebook, YouTube vids with a link saying stuff like "I couldn't bare to watch this can you" etc and they are viruses. Members are also being targeted by email.

leonffc

Quote from: Admin on November 15, 2011, 10:53:53 AM
Quote from: leonffc on November 15, 2011, 08:28:06 AM
Ladies and gents,

Any idea mods?

This is Facebook related, I've seen loads on Facebook, YouTube vids with a link saying stuff like "I couldn't bare to watch this can you" etc and they are viruses. Members are also being targeted by email.

I did wonder that Scott but it would take the admin on FoF facebook to click on those vids surely?
I never click on those things so I don't think its came from my side.

Logicalman - I didn't open the email. It just had the first lines of the message and it said from youtube services to leonffc so I pressumed it was a virus and deleted it

Thanks for the help guys. I'll see if its on my deleted items and come back.

Mitch

Any chance you can put 'buycheapcalis' in touch with me?

On another note, Leon is leonffc your youtube login?

leonffc

Quote from: Mitch on November 15, 2011, 11:11:34 AM
Any chance you can put 'buycheapcalis' in touch with me?

On another note, Leon is leonffc your youtube login?

As far as I know I don't have a youtube log in but its starting off 'Hallo ffcleon' rather than 'leonffc' and then gibbering on in what looks like Scandanavian, ending in [email protected].
It may be a false alarm but I thought I'd be vigilant.

Mitch

Do you play Football Manager? Steam was hacked at the weekend. Could be from that.

leonffc

OK, it looks German, not scandanavian and from what I can tell it is asking me to click the link to upgrade my registration?? I still dont trust it though.

I'll ignore it until they have the decency to contact me in English at least!!

075.gif if it is a false alarm but there has been a lot flying about lately so i gather.
If the MODS think this is a false alarm, please feel free to delete it.

Cheers
Leon

leonffc

Quote from: Mitch on November 15, 2011, 11:29:02 AM
Do you play Football Manager? Steam was hacked at the weekend. Could be from that.

No mate. Used to but my relationship became strained and i forgot I had kids!!
Had to retire.

FatFreddysCat

Im just glad Leon got a fast reply this time, them toys almost smashed my bedroom window last time he didn't get a reply  :015:

Burt

Incidentally there is a virus doing the rounds at the moment activated when people click on a link from an email purporting to come from UPS.

FatFreddysCat

luckily XHamster.com, has been deemed to be safe now by McAfee  :015:  :54:

Burt

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on November 15, 2011, 02:52:26 PM

If its OK with you Mr Fred I will not mention that to my son  :dft011:

Mind you, I suspect he has already discovered that for himself...

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Burt on November 15, 2011, 02:56:39 PM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on November 15, 2011, 02:52:26 PM

If its OK with you Mr Fred I will not mention that to my son  :dft011:

Mind you, I suspect he has already discovered that for himself...
I think my son told me about it  :035:

leonffc

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on November 15, 2011, 02:46:04 PM
Im just glad Leon got a fast reply this time, them toys almost smashed my bedroom window last time he didn't get a reply  :015:

I'm certainly getting a faster response from the techies these days. 10/10 for service this time. Cheers Mods  :54:

Although it would seem I jumped the gun slightly and it might just be German youtube trying to sign me up rather than a virus.

ps. I still had the old problem the other day whitejc although it has been better of late  :002:

WhiteJC

Quote from: leonffc on November 15, 2011, 04:58:11 PM

I'm certainly getting a faster response from the techies these days. 10/10 for service this time. Cheers Mods  :54:

Although it would seem I jumped the gun slightly and it might just be German youtube trying to sign me up rather than a virus.

ps. I still had the old problem the other day whitejc although it has been better of late  :002:

I'm still waiting for an answer from tapatalk, I'll chase them  :54:

leonffc

Quote from: WhiteJC on November 15, 2011, 06:45:22 PM
Quote from: leonffc on November 15, 2011, 04:58:11 PM

I'm still waiting for an answer from tapatalk, I'll chase them  :54:

Oh OK, I thought it had been resolved as I hadn't had a problem for a while. Cheers.