News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Vancouver Whitecaps Striker Omar Salgado to train with Fulham (merged threads)

Started by White Noise, November 15, 2011, 01:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2011/11/salgado-to-train-with-fulham.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SoccerByIves+%28Soccer+By+Ives%29

Salgado to train with Fulham

Vancouver Whitecaps striker Omar Salgado, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2011 MLS Draft, will train with English club Fulham once the current U.S. Under-23 national team camp in Germany finishes up this week, sources told SBI on Tuesday.

Salgado, a 6-foot-4 striker with deceptive speed and impressive technical ability, will be training with the London club for the next two weeks. The 18-year-old U.S. Under-20 standout recently secured a Spanish passport in September, making a potential move to Europe easier if an offer is made to Vancouver for his services.

Salgado was seldom used by the Whitecaps in his rookie season, managing five starts and 14 total appearances for the expansion side, producing a goal and assist in 501 minutes of action. He made an impression on the reserve team level, finishing among the league leaders in reserve team goals.

TWFL

Another youngster. Looks like a potential long-term replacement for Bobby..

Burt

Never heard of him.

Be interesting to get the views of our north American friends...

mccscratch

He is a big boy for only being 18 years old... started out with famous club Chivas in Guadalajara but decided to leave and play with the US U20 team... He was born in El Paso, TX so he is actually American by birth...

Has some talent for sure and has a body that he will get more comfortable in and will only become more strong and agile... Excellent touch for a big guy but still very raw when it comes to center forward play, especially tactically... Will be interesting to see how he does... He will not come on the cheap if we like him as he was the number 1 overall selection in the MLS draft in 2011....
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mr Fulham

Quote from: HatterDon on November 15, 2011, 11:27:06 PM

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ... NO MORE YANKS PLAYING FOR FULHAM!!!!

Welcome back, Don. I hope you had a nice week!

RidgeRider

he must be one for the future because the Whitecaps, I believe, have the worst record in the MLS and he can't make the starting XI

HatterDon

Quote from: Mr Fulham on November 15, 2011, 11:54:39 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on November 15, 2011, 11:27:06 PM

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ... NO MORE YANKS PLAYING FOR FULHAM!!!!

Welcome back, Don. I hope you had a nice week!

it was certainly an interesting 10 days. I'm ready for some football this weekend.

HatterDon

forgive my comment on the other Salgado thread -- where ARE the combining mods tonight? -- I didn't realize that the young man began life in the West Texas Town of El Paso. I did as well, many many many many years before he did.

White Noise

Quote from: HatterDon on November 16, 2011, 12:02:23 AM
forgive my comment on the other Salgado thread -- where ARE the combining mods tonight? -- I didn't realize that the young man began life in the West Texas Town of El Paso. I did as well, many many many many years before he did.

Where's Marty Robbins when you need him?

mccscratch

Quote from: RidgeRider on November 15, 2011, 11:57:25 PM
he must be one for the future because the Whitecaps, I believe, have the worst record in the MLS and he can't make the starting XI

In fairness he was always behind former Zurich star Eric Hassli who is a very competent footballer and is also 6'4 and plays the same way (albeit much better at this stage of his career) Salgado does... Hassli was one of the few very bright spots for expansion Vancouver..
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

rhyspabsolom

Any chance this is the 'trialist' who got 45mins and a goal for the ressies?

os5889

What a "loada orgasm" at Fulham! Do you reckon he's a salad groom??

Steve_orino

Quote from: TWFL on November 15, 2011, 02:01:40 PM
Another youngster. Looks like a potential long-term replacement for Bobby..

Scratch has the low-down on this guy & is much more eloquent about it than I would have been.

Not sure this is just a Fulham thing - I don't think Fulham initiated this.   Jurgen is sending a lot of young MLS players out for training with European teams, ie Brek Shea with Arse, Juan Agudelo w/ Stuggart, & now Salgado to Fulham.  From a Yank perspective, this is really positive to see & hopefully they return with greater confidence & determination to improve.

Bad Hatter...the boy is from El Paso!  (a bit late but had to say something!)
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09