watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Management Merry Go Round Madness

Started by White Noise, November 10, 2011, 01:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Dario Gradi is stepping down after 24 years and 1,353 games. Thought this day would never come. Change at Crewe.

The King

Mr_Moon

Hold up, he stepped down in 2007 then took charge again at a later date.

HatterDon

One of the true giants of the English game. He should get a knighthood. If he's already got one, he should get a life peerage.

There's no counting the number of full internationals who got their start or who benefitted strongly from his ideas and his tutelage.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Logicalman

his Wiki entry ..

Dario Gradi MBE (born 8 July 1941) is an Italian-born English football manager and former player, who was serving as manager of the Crewe Alexandra F.C. Academy. He is a former manager of Crewe Alexandra, with whom he has been associated for almost thirty years.

Gradi is notable for his 24-year first spell as manager of Crewe, between 1983 and 2007. He stepped down from his managerial role in 2007, handing first-team responsibilities to Steve Holland, and became technical director. At that time, Gradi was the longest serving manager of an English football league club. After returning as manager in 2009, he stepped down on 10 November 2011 to focus on youth development at Crewe.

So, he is still involved in the game to a great degree, a true gent of the English game of football.

Fletchino

Didn't he bring through are very own Danny murphy

Two Ton Ted

He was sports master at my old school in Epsom and used to own the old sports shop in Ewell Village.

I've not met anyone who has a bad word to say against him.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Burt

The words "loyalty" and "legend" are much bandied around in this day and age, but Gradi is the true epitome of both.