more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff 17/11/11

Started by WhiteJC, November 17, 2011, 07:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Sunderland ace Noble eyes Fulham role

RYAN NOBLE hopes his hat-trick heroics have thrust him back into Steve Bruce's thinking.

The Sunderland striker notched a derby treble in last night's reserve clash with Newcastle United at the Stadium of Light, as the Black Cats ran out comfortable 3-0 winners.

Noble made three substitute appearances for the first team last season during the injury crisis which engulfed Sunderland in the second half of the campaign.

But the 19-year-old's hopes of forcing his way into the frame this year were hit during the summer after suffering a recurrence of his long-standing back problem, which sidelined him for three months.

With fellow frontman Connor Wickham ruled out for up to six weeks with a knee injury though, Noble's exploits could see him included on the bench for Saturday's clash with Fulham after impressing watching Sunderland boss Bruce.

Noble told the Echo: "All I can do is keep working hard in training and showing the manager what I can do in games, like last night.

"I need to make sure he's always thinking about me in the back of his mind.

"Any chance you get in the first team, either through injuries or suspension, you've got to take it and do your best in front of the manager.

"Hopefully if I get another chance, I can take it this time."

Noble notched twice in the final 10 minutes of a scrappy first half before completing his hat-trick just 12 seconds after the interval.

The Millfield-born hitman, who took his tally for the season to four, revelled in his scoring exploits – celebrating in front of the travelling Newcastle fans after his first two goals.

Noble added: "I've been a Sunderland supporter all my life so to play at the Stadium of Light anytime, in front of any amount of people, is always great.

"But scoring a hat-trick at the Stadium of Light against Newcastle is a great moment.

"I haven't scored for a couple of games, so I was looking to score in this one. When the ball gets in the box, I fancy myself to finish.

"The lads were full of confidence after a few good results and to get the job done with a 3-0 win is fantastic."

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/sunderland-afc/chris-young-column/sunderland_ace_noble_eyes_fulham_role_1_3976239

WhiteJC

Fultime Out Now

The winter edition of the Official Fulham FC Magazine, Fultime, is out now, featuring a dazzling array of exclusive interviews and in-depth features that you won't find anywhere else in the world of Fulham.

Just some of the highlights from a jam-packed 84 pages are:

Martin Jol discloses his football philosophy for Fulham
John Arne Riise reveals his delight at having finally joined the Club some 10 years after he initially came close to doing so
Philippe Senderos discusses what has already been an illustrious career despite his relative youth
Costa Rican star Bryan Ruiz answers your questions
The new look Squad Management team of Michael Lindeman, Cornelis Jol, Hans Segers and, of course Ray Lewington, discuss their aspirations at Craven Cottage
Talented youngster Kerim Frei tells us about what has been an exciting breakthrough season so far for him
Goalkeeping favourite from the 1950s and '60s, Tony Macedo, speaks exclusively to Fultime upon his recent return to SW6
Following QPR's promotion to the Premier League, we take a look at the history behind the 'West London Mini League' of ourselves, Chelsea and the Rs.
There's plenty more too - including a chance to win Jack Wolfskin goodies and FIFA 12!

Meanwhile, we recall the occasion when Pele played at Craven Cottage, we introduce summer signings Orlando Sa and Marcel Gecov, whilst Zdenek Grygera reveals the best XI players he's ever played with or against, plus following our 6-0 demolition of QPR we recall 'six of the best' occasions when we hit an opponent for six.

Plus you'll find the usual range of top-class photography throughout the magazine.

Priced at £3.50, Fultime is available from Club shops and online, as well as from programme sellers at all home games across the next month.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/November/FultimeOutNow.aspx?#ixzz1dxmdFKW9

WhiteJC

Fulham star delighted after Ireland qualify for Euro 2012

Damien Duff believes this is much better than Ireland qualifying for the 2002 World Cup

Fulham and Republic of Ireland star Damien Duff is delighted after seeing his country qualify for a major tournament for the first time in ten years.

He won his 94th senior international cap in Tuesday's 1-1 draw against Estonia which confirmed Ireland's 5-1 aggregate play-off victory.

The 32-year-old left winger believes this is more satisfying than the world cup.

"I think I am going to enjoy this far more than the World Cup qualification 10 years ago," he said

"The last time we qualified the last time I was young. You think it is all ahead of you; you think it is going to happen every tournament.

"It sort of passes you by and I think that's why this one tonight means so much to me.

"I've had my share of injuries and you do start to think about the future so I will relish every minute of this.

"It will keep me going for some time now. I'll take the anti-inflammatories, try to steer free of injury and look forward to Poland and the Ukraine next year."

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/fulham_star_delighted_after_ireland_qualify_for_euro_2012_1_1129094?

WhiteJC

Sunderland V Fulham Early Betting News And Odds

This is another very interesting game at the Stadium of Light as both Sunderland and Fulham are stuck on 10 points which is just one above the relegation zone so both teams know that points are desperately needed in games like this.

Steve Bruce believes that the Black Cats will pull themselves out of their slump and will be hopeful of three points against Martin Jol's Fulham side who have only won one away game this season (against Wigan last time out) and if you agree with him then the 11/8 available for the home win from VCBet and Betfred could be very good value, especially if Nicolas Bendtner continues the good form he has shown with Denmark.

But Fulham have improved under Martin Jol and their previous away win over Wigan represents improved form. Could Jol put Stve Bruce under more pressure by winning at Sunderland? If so the odds are very tasty 23/10 from Boylesports.

The draw is probably what Fulham will play for though, as points are at a premium right now, and that is also a best-priced 23/10 from Betfred and VCBet. That seems like the best bet to me....

http://bettinglatest.com/sunderland-v-fulham-early-betting-news-and-odds/19947?

WhiteJC

Irons Insight: It's an odd feeling seeing players linked with Upton Park return

Fulham striker Bobby Zamora, fresh from starting for England on Tuesday night, apparently was eager to return to Upton Park.

It's always an odd feeling to see a former player linked with making a return to the Boleyn. 99 times out of 100 it's a piece of lazy guesswork based on little more than a hunch, but that never gets in the way of Irons fans letting their imagination run wild.

News of Carlos Tevez's acrimonious fall from grace at Manchester City left supporters dreaming of the Argentine coming back to East London against all the odds. Of course a little matter of his £250,000 a week wages was one of many stumbling blocks there, not to mention the fact that it seems to be quite difficult to keep Carlos in the country from one week to another.

Some returns are a little less exciting to be honest. I'm not sure the returns of Calum Davenport and Lee Bowyer to the club for a second spell had many of us singing from the rooftops in excitement.

This summer heralded the solid if unspectacular return of full-back George McCartney and today I was flicking through the gossip pages to see the unlikely rumour that Bobby Zamora, fresh from starting for England on Tuesday night, was eager to return to Upton Park three years after leaving.

From a footballing point of view you'd think it was an absolute non-starter. What player in their right mind would readily drop down a division and potentially scupper their international career just as it was getting off the ground?

I always assume that there's little room for sentiment in the mind of the modern-day footballer. Location might be a factor, I assume Bobby is settled in London and doesn't want to move. It's the same reason Carlton Cole rejected the advances of Premier League clubs such as Stoke during the summer transfer window.

Of course the romantic in all of us wants it to be an impassioned desire for a player to return to the club of his dreams. I always wondered what I'd do in the parallel world where I was any good at football. However blinkered we are as fans, I think we have to accept that the career of the football player is a short one and that for most of them the ambition is to win things – and rightly so.

I suppose there's a different way of thinking. Would you look back on your career with more pride being a legend at one club but with an empty trophy cabinet or as a highly decorated journeymen, loved by no set of fans in particular?

I'm not suggesting Zamora has the luxury of either of those options, but every player must have some sort of long-term ambition. Nowadays I don't think many of them would choose the first one.

http://www.london24.com/sport/championship/west-ham/irons_insight_it_s_an_odd_feeling_seeing_players_linked_with_upton_park_return_1_1129194?

WhiteJC

Late Night Shopping

The Fulham Stadium Store will be open tonight and Thursday 24th November until 8pm. So why not come down and explore an array of Christmas goods.

Fulham Road Club Store
959-961 Fulham Road
London
SW6 5HY

Opening Times:

Monday - Saturday 9am - 5pm
Sunday 11am - 3pm

Stadium Store
Stevenage Road
London
SW6 6HH

Opening Times:

Monday - Saturday 9am - 5pm
Late night Thursday 9am - 8pm
Sunday 11am - 4pm

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/November/Storeopeningtimes.aspx?#ixzz1dy7DUkwH

WhiteJC

Sunderland V Fulham – Match Preview

A chance to pull away from the Premier League relegation zone is up for grabs at the Stadium of Light on Saturday as season travellers Fulham make the long trip up to the North East to face a much improved Sunderland side.

The Black Cat's have endured a difficult start to the season once again finding themselves in the shadow of fierce rivals Newcastle with early performances seeing supporters calling for manager Steve Bruce's head. Those negative noises quickly died down after their win against Bolton last month and some encouraging performances in defeats away to Arsenal and Manchester United. Their last five game have brought a meagre total of five points from a possible 15 but it's the much improved displays that have given fans hope of moving away from the dreaded drop zone after a slow start to the campaign. Bruce's legion of summer signings have taken their time to gel but there is evidence that they are finally starting to strike a chord with one another. Stephane Sessegnon and Nicklas Bendtner have looked dangerous up front with the on-loan Arsenal man giving the Wearsiders something different in the final third. Despite only scoring twice since his move to the Stadium of Light the Danish international looks to be playing without pressure on his shoulders and his displays have enlightened the Sunderland fans. Fellow summer buys Sebastian Larsson and John O'Shea have struck up a promising partnership on the right whilst Kieron Westwood staked his claim for the number one jersey with an accomplished performance at Old Trafford before the international break. However one win in five home games is poor and they need to start winning on their own soil if they are to start climbing towards the top half.

Fulham's league campaign has panned out in a similar manner to North East side's although their involvement in the Europa League has impacted severely on their domestic form. Martin Jol has suffered a difficult first few months in charge at Craven Cottage with the Dutchman unable to get his side to replicate their performances in Europe in the Premier League. Saturday's game will be their 25th in all competitions after starting on the 30th of June and it's no surprise that a number of players are starting to look jaded in such a small squad. The manner in which they demolished QPR at the start of October looked to be a turning point in the Cottagers season but in the four games since then they have lost three and won one away at rock bottom Wigan. Their form on the continent has been much stronger with seven wins in 12 games and Jol needs to find a way of getting his side to start winning league games with only two top  flight victories all season. Bobby Zamora continues to lead the line on the Thames whilst the recent displays of Moussa Dembele have been promising. Fulham will need both to be on their game if they are to start finding the net away from home with only three goals scored on their travels. However they will be confident of taking something away from the North East after beating Sunderland 3-0 on their own patch in April.

Sunderland – 15th

Last Five

Lost 1-0 v Manchester United (A), Drew 2-2 v Aston Villa (H), Won 2-0 v Bolton (A), Lost 2-1 v Arsenal (A), Drew 2-2 v West Brom (H)

Potential Starting X11

24. K. Westwood 16. J. O'Shea [C] 4. M. Turner 6. W. Brown 2. P. Bardsley 7. S. Larsson* 6. L. Cattermole 16. J. Colback 11. K. Richardson 28. S. Sessegnon 52. N. Bendtner

Injury News
Simon Mignolet is the only fresh injury concern for Bruce after the keeper sustained a broken nose in the 2-2 draw against Aston Villa. Apart from that long-term victim Fraizer Campbell is the only other player inhabiting the treatment room whilst Connor Wickham is definitely out after injuring his knee at Manchester United.

Key Player
Sebastian Larsson - The Swedish midfielder has made a solid start to his career on Wearside making the right side of midfield his own and offering Sunderland some quality from out wide. His ability to whip an accurate cross into the area on a consistent basis has become a key component of the way the Black Cats attack whilst his set piece skills have proved to be deadly.

Match Fact
This will be the 15th top flight meeting between the two teams with Sunderland managing to beat Fulham only three times in 14 attempts with their last win coming in January 2009.

Fulham – 16th

Last Five

Lost 3-1 v Tottenham (H), Won 4-1 v Wisla Krakow (H), Won 2-0 v Wigan (A), Lost 3-1 v Everton (A), Lost 1-0 v Wisla Krakow (A)

Potential Starting X11

1. M. Schwarzer 6. C. Baird 18. A. Hughes 5. B. Hangeland 3. J. Riise 16. D. Duff 13. D. Murphy [C] 4. S. Sidwell 23. C. Dempsey 30. M. Dembele 25. B. Zamora*

Injury News
The Cottagers will be without half a dozen first team players for the trip up North with Andy Johnson and Zdenek Grygera the latest faces to the take refuge in the Fulham treatment room.

Key Player
Bobby Zamora - 2011 has been kind to Zamora with England recognition coming his way and along with nine goals in all competitions after regaining his match sharpness after breaking his leg last year. Made his first start for the national side in mid-week and proved that he can offer something different to Fabio Capello's side. His club manager will need his strength and determination up front on Saturday if Fulham are going to come away from the Stadium of Light with a hoard of precious points.

Match Fact
The Cottagers have won only one game on the road all season but will be buoyed by the fact they won 3-0 on their last trip to the North East in April. Two goals from Simon Davies and another from former loan star Gael Kakuta gave then Fulham boss Mark Hughes a well deserved victory.
Last Time at the Stadium of Light

Premier League 30th April 2011

Sunderland 0-3 Fulham

Kakuta 33, Davies 61, 73

Attendance:  39,576

Referee: Martin Atkinson

PREDICTION
Both sides have suffered through underwhelming starts to the seasons with pre-season predictions tipping them to make a major impact in the top half. Some lethargic performances from Fulham have given credence to the theory that their Europa League campaign is proving detrimental to their league form. Sunderland on the other hand have seen a side full of new faces struggle to cohere but there is light at the end of the tunnel with recent displays proving to be very encouraging. The Cottagers are struggling on the road whilst the Black Cats are unbeaten in their last four at home.

Score: 2-0

http://www.footballfancast.com/2011/11/football-news/sunderland-v-fulham-match-preview?