Westwood
O'Shea, Turner, Brown, Bardsley
Larsson, Cattermole, Colback, Richardson
Sessegnon, Bendtner   

FULHAM
Schwarzer
Baird, Hughes, Hangeland, Riise
Duff, Murphy, Etuhu, Dempsey
Johnson, Zamora Sunderland is without injured goalkeeping duo Simon Mignolet (broken nose) and Craig Gordon (knee), giving summer signing Keiren Westwood an opportunity to cement a first team place.

Titus Bramble, Connor Wickham and Fraizer Campbell are all currently suffering from knee injuries, leaving Stephane Sessegnon and on-loan Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner to lead the line in attack.

Fulham is missing Zdenek Grygera (knee) and Philippe Senderos (thigh) in defense, with Aaron Hughes likely to step in to replace the former.

In midfield, the Cottagers will miss Steve Sidwell – who has recently undergone a hernia operation – and Simon Davies (knee). Dickson Etuhu looks likely to step in and fill the void left by the former Chelsea and Aston Villa man.

DID YOU KNOW?

Both sides have taken 10 points from their first 11 fixtures in the Premier League, with Sunderland just ahead of Fulham on goal difference.

The home side has won in only three of the 14 Premier League meetings between the two sides.

Six goals have been scored in the Premier League this season from direct free kicks, four of which have been in fixtures involving Steve Bruce's men (two for and two against).

The Black Cats have only managed to keep one clean sheet in their last 14 fixtures at the Stadium of Light.

Fulham has won just four of its last 42 away games.

Martin Jol's side has conceded a third of its goals in the final 15 minutes of games this season.

The Cottagers have not been beaten by Sunderland since January 2009.

Clint Dempsey has been fouled more often than any other player in the Premier League this season.

Saturday's fixture will be the west Londoners' 25th fixture this season in all competitions.

Sunderland has not managed to win two fixtures in a row across all competitions this season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=goal-premierleaguepreviewsunderl

WhiteJC

Christmas at the Cottage

Fulham Football Club's Christmas at the Cottage will take place on Tuesday 6 December at 6pm with a great fun-packed evening for families with activities for children planned.

Carol Singers, Santa, mince pies and mulled wine, Christmas at the Cottage will undoubtedly get you into the Christmas spirit. What's more, the event is free to attend so why not pop down to Craven Cottage on Tuesday 6 December between 6pm and 8pm.

First team players will be signing autographs for supporters – the first player to be confirmed is Fulham's US International star and Fulham's Player of the Season, Clint Dempsey.

Log on to fulhamfc.com for more information as well as details of other first team players that will be at Craven Cottage for the Club's wonderful Christmas event.

A limited number of places are available for our Christmas at the Cottage Dinner. Find out more and book your place today!

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/November/ChristmasattheCottage.aspx?#ixzz1e8JmsRaw

WhiteJC

Ref Watch: Anthony Taylor
We profile the man set to take charge of tomorrow's game between Sunderland and Fulham.

2011-12 is Anthony Taylor's second full season as a Barclays Premier League official.

He started out in his local Wythenshawe leagues and was promoted to the National List in 2006.

He refereed his first top flight game (Fulham v Portsmouth) in February 2006 and showed eight red cards in 36 games in 2009-10, adding 92 yellows.

Taylor showed 12 red cards and 118 yellows last season, taking charge of Sunderland's home game against Birmingham plus the trips to Arsenal and West Ham.

He has produced three red cards and 27 yellows in nine games so far this term, with the dismissals all coming in Middlesbrough's 1-0 win at Leeds back in August.

http://www.safc.com/news/20111118/ref-watch-anthony-taylor_2256213_2520162?

WhiteJC

Preview: Sunderland, Baby, We Better Try To Get It Together...

Ian Walton - Getty Images
I'd generally consider these two to be rubbish, but you know Zamora's going to come down with a case of the Akinbiyi's

It's good to be back after the international break, and even (as some have said) if it's 'only Fulham' it's good to have a game which means something back in our lives.

Let's be fair though here, Fulham are a decent and solid side, but one we should really be looking to beat. Especially at home, and we should be looking to set the tone for the forthcoming run of games against similarly beatable sides in Wolves, Wigan and Blackburn.

So, how are we going to do it? Are we going to do it? And who the chuffing Nora is going to be playing? Well everybody, it's all in our preview, so get reading...

Sunderland Team News

Changes are afoot in our starting line-up. Connor Wickham is out until the new year, whilst Sebastian Larsson serves a suspension for a series of yellow cards which he didn't really need to pick up.

Keiren Westwood continues in goal, and will be well rested having sat on various benches around the continent during the break.

In front of him we could well see the welcome return of John O'Shea to the starting line-up having proved his fitness midweek by managing 90 minutes against Estonia. I've no doubts that Bruce will throw him straight in to the line-up, at the expense of Phil Bardsley. The rest of the back four fills itself in - Michael Turner, Wes Brown and Kieran Richardson.

In midfield, Sebastian Larsson will be a massive miss, but at least it's only for one game. As much as we'd all tinker with formations and all that, there's little escaping the fact Ahmed Elmohamady will come in as a straight swap. Jack Colback and Lee Cattermole will anchor the midfield. There's an outside chance David Vaughan will return, but the bench seems a more likely destination for the Welshman.

The left of midfield and in attack however is where I think there will be significant change. Ji Dong-Won should replace Connor Wickham, but I've a feeling Ji will be stuck out wide as Bruce has tended to use him, and push Stephane Sessegnon into attack with Nicklas Bendtner.

With options light on the attacking front, don't be surprised to see reserve team hat-trick hero Ryan Noble given a spot on the bench.

Fulham Team News

Fulham come to town with a few injuries and players missing themselves, with a key absentee being Zdenek Grygera, a summer signing from Juventus and having just established himself in the right-back position will miss best part of the rest of the season.

As to who wil take his place, it's likely that it will be Aaron Hughes, who has been strangely left out of late by Martin Jol, as Chris Baird has stolen a march on him in the centre of defence. All that shopping he's been doing with the missus must be starting to pay off.

The rest of the Fulham side, much like ours, picks itself. For me the key dangers are the same one's that have been Fulham's for the last few years, starting with Danny Murphy. Murphy has been rather unfairly derided of late with many commentators saying he can't cut it any more. To me, and several Fulham fans, he's been doing the same high-quality work he always has done.

The other main one for me is Bobby Zamora. A player akin to Ade Akinbiyi, which here is used as a compliment. Zamora is 'one of them players' who we'll give stick to, dismiss as rubbish and no doubt he'll get three of his six goals a season against us. I'm concerned as to how Brown and Turner will play him.

Of course you can't ignore Clint Dempsey or Moussa Dembele either. Actually, Fulham are a decent team aren't they? I've tended to see them as a team that just perpetually 'exists' without any real excitement but maybe things are changing.

Predicted Line-Ups

SAFC: Westwood; O'Shea, Turner, Brown, Richardson; Elmohamady, Colback, Cattermole, Ji; Sessegnon, Bentdner.

Fulham: Schwarzer; Hughes, Baird, Hangeland, Riise; Duff, Sidwell, Murphy, Dempsey, Dembele, Zamora.

Classic Encounter

There's hasn't been many classics between ou two sides (perhaps an omen?) So I'm not going back too far. 2005/06 was a pretty terrible season, even by Sunderland standards, however this was a game we actually won. In what was one of the worst teams in recent memory, we overcame Fulham 2-1 thanks to goals from Chris Brown & Anthony Le Tallec. No seriously, it happened. Truefaxx about this game, I won some tickets to be in a box for the original fixture, which was abandoned becauseof snow. Didn't get to go to the re-arragnged one. Sad face.

Get Rich Quick

Well you know what this is now. The title of it is practically becoming a mick-take due to the infrequency of the wins, but I'm going to keep plugging away for the rest of the season. Hopefully nobody is keeping track of how I'm doing. With that in mind, here's my double-lock-shoo-in-oversized-novelty-item bet ofthe week... Wes Brown scored first at 40/1. Come on Wes, you've had a good season, it's about time you got a goal.

Song For Whoever

Well I'm not sure this sort of feature was what the Walrus Of Love had in mind when it was written, but it sure is fitting. Sunderland are indeed my lover, and I do want them to get it together in the next few weeks as the run-in pre-Christmas is entirely winnable.

Prediction

And back down to earth a little, time to make some predictions for the game. I'm sticking with my 2-0 from the Podcast this week. I think we've got enough to get over the line. I don't for one second think this will be a game to remember, more an in and out, job done sort of deal. Bendtner brace. Here's hoping I'm right!

Ha'way The Lads...

http://www.rokerreport.com/2011/11/18/2568215/preview-sunderland-baby-we-better-try-to-get-it-together?

WhiteJC

Jol - Dembele staying put
Fulham also aiming to keep Johnson

Fulham boss Martin Jol insists strikers Moussa Dembele and Andrew Johnson will not be leaving Craven Cottage in the January transfer window.

Jol has issued a hands-off warning to former club Tottenham over Belgium international forward Dembele.
The 24-year-old, understood to have been targeted by Spurs boss Harry Redknapp, recently described a potential move to the White Hart Lane club as a "step higher".

Jol claims he is unaware of Spurs' interest and believes Dembele can become one of the Premier League's leading stars - with Fulham.

Dimension
He said: "There is a lot of interest in good players and I've got a few.

"It's up to us to keep them here and that's what we're trying to do.

"I think Dembele could develop into one of the best. He's better on the ball than any other number 10s I know. The only step he has to take now is play more killer balls and finish.

"Dembele gives us an extra dimension. For me it's important I've got good players.

"If they are better than average players it's only good for the club."

Fact

The Dutchman also wants to keep former England striker Johnson, who is out of contract at the end of the season and has yet to agree a new deal.

West London neighbours QPR have been linked with a January move for the 30-year-old, who has scored eight goals this season.

Jol said: "There is always interest from other clubs but he is still under contract here until the end of the season. Not January - the end of the season.

"That is the only thing we know for a fact and if something changes we will tell you."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7315420/?

WhiteJC

Martin Jol determined to keep Tottenham target Mousa Dembele at Fulham

Fulham manager Martin Jol has warned his former club Tottenham that Mousa Dembele is not for sale.

The 24-year-old forward is understood to be a target for Spurs and said this week he regarded a potential move to White Hart Lane as a "step higher".

Dembele has since insisted he is happy at Craven Cottage and Jol, who was sacked by Spurs in 2007, maintains the Belgium international is going nowhere.

"Maybe someone told you about Tottenham, I don't know. But there is a lot of interest in good players, and I've got a few," said the Dutchman.

"It's up to us to keep them here, and that's what we're trying to do.

"I think Dembele could develop into one of the best. He's better on the ball than any other number 10s I know. The only step he has to take now is play more killer balls and finish.

"If he can do that more than he did before he will become a very good player for us.

"Dembele gives us an extra dimension. For me it's important I've got good payers. If they are better than average players it's only good for the club."

Jol is also keen to keep hold of striker Andrew Johnson, who is out of contract at the end of the season and has yet to agree a new deal.

QPR are the latest club to be linked with a January move for the 30-year-old former England international, who has scored eight goals this season.

"There is no news," added Jol.

"There is always interest from other clubs but he is still under contract here until the end of the season - not January, the end of the season. That is the only thing we know for a fact and if something changes we will tell you."

Fulham head to Sunderland tomorrow with both teams hovering just a single point above the drop zone in the Barclays Premier League.

Their involvement in the Europa League means the Cottagers will be playing their 25th game of the season.

Sunderland, by contrast, have played just 12 but Jol is confident his side can get a positive result at the Stadium of Light.

"Sunderland are in a similar position to us," he said.

"So it's an important game for us and a very important game for them.

"They are pretty strong at home but over the last couple of games we have done well away from home so we will do everything to get the points on the board."

Jol will be without defender Stephen Kelly, who suffered a groin injury on Republic of Ireland duty, while midfielder Steven Sidwell is unlikely to play as he recovers from a minor hernia operation.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/martin-jol-determined-to-keep-tottenham-target-mousa-dembele-at-fulham-6264383.html?

WhiteJC

Sunderland v Fulham Preview

The long trip to the land of the Mackems beckons this weekend when Fulham journey to the north-east to take on Sunderland. It`s a fixture that won`t capture the imagination of the media but one that could turn out to be surprisingly entertaining.

Vital Quotes:
In the build up to the clash Martin Jol has issued a hands off warning to one of the players, Moussa Dembele, that could playa pivotal role in getting all three points tomorrow, remarking,

'There is a lot of interest in good players and I've got a few.

'It's up to us to keep them here and that's what we're trying to do.

'I think Dembele could develop into one of the best. He's better on the ball than any other number 10s I know. The only step he has to take now is play more killer balls and finish.

'Dembele gives us an extra dimension. For me it's important I've got good players.

'If they are better than average players it's only good for the club.'

Yeah! Hands-off!

Sunderland Team News:
Steve Bruce has seen his squad change dramatically since we last visited the Stadium of Light. Asamoah Gyan has departed but there have been several notable arrivals, including John O`Shea and Wes Brown from Manchester United and Nicolas Bendtner from Arsenal.

On the injury front, Steve Bruce will be without both Simon Mignolet and Craig Gordon as both are injured. Keiren Westwood will deputize.

Also out are the injured striking duo of Conor Wickham and Fraizer Campbell. The defensive stalwart Titus Bramble will also be absent due to a knee injury.

Player to watch: Nicolas Bendtner
Keen to re-establish himself as a Premiership marksman after his move away from Arsenal. On his day he can be lethal but on other days simply awful lets hope it is the latter.

Fulham Team News:
Martin Jol takes his troops to the north-east without the injured Zdenek Grygera, who is out for six months, whilst Stephen Kelly will also be absent after picking up an injury whilst on international duty with the Republic of Ireland. Aaron Hughes is another who`ll be missed through injury but it`s expected that Steve Sidwell will be available again after shaking off his latest injury.

Player to watch: Bobby Zamora
Didn`t have the best of games for England, on his Wembley debut, so will be looking to get on the score-sheet to keep Fabio Capello`s attention as he contemplates his squad choice for the Euro Finals next summer.

Match Facts & Stats
Looking at the statistics, Sunderland have a poor scoring record against us, they`ve failed to score in five of the last six matches, including, strangely, the last four.

Last time out, Fulham won 3-0 at the Stadium of Light, a rare away day victory. In fact our away day form shows that in the last 100 Premier League games we`ve won a mere 12. Surely it is time for a major improvement.

Match Prediction:
Two Fulham Premier League away wins on the bounce, after such a barren run, is surely something that dreams are made of. But the opportunity is there to do just such a thing! Sunderland, for all their summer spending, are not in the greatest of form. The new players have yet to bed down into a solid unit and Martin Jol will be keen for Fulham to extend Steve Bruce`s misery. As optimistic as ever, I`m taking Fulham to spring another surprise, on the road, and nick this one 1-0!

Next Fixtures:
Our next fixture sees us welcome Arsenal to Craven Cottage next weekend.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/matchprere.asp?a=262813#ixzz1e8MMjm4V

WhiteJC

Squad sheets: Sunderland v Fulham

The aim of these sides is to shake the other one off. Both are locked on 10 points, having won two, drawn four and lost five of their first 11 matches of the season and neither can escape the prospect of a winter spent in the relegation zone should they lose again on Saturday. Sunderland can take heart from how they performed in their last game – the 1-0 loss at Manchester United – but will fret given the absence of top scorer Sebastian Larsson. Fulham, meanwhile, are aiming to win a second successive away league fixture. Sachin Nakrani

Venue Stadium of Light, Saturday 3pm

Tickets £25-50 (0871 911 1973)

Last season Sunderland 0 Fulham 3

Referee Anthony Taylor

This season's matches 3 Y10, R0, 3.33 cards per game

Odds Sunderland 11-8 Fulham 2-1 Draw 9-4

Sunderland v Fulham: Probable starters in bold, contenders in light. Photograph: Graphic

Sunderland

Subs from Carson, Bardsley, Laing, Meyler, Vaughan, McClean, Egan, Cook, Tounkara, R Noble, Ji, Lynch, Liddle

Doubtful None

Injured Bramble (knee, 4 Dec), Gordon (knee, 11 Dec), Mignolet (broken nose, Jan), Wickham (knee, Jan), Campbell (knee, Apr)

Suspended Larsson (one match)

Form guide LDWLDL

Disciplinary record Y22 R1

Leading scorer Larsson 3

Fulham

Subs from Etheridge, Somogyi, Kasami, Gecov, Sidwell, Johnson, Ruiz, Frei, Burn, Kacaniklic, Marsh-Brown, Tankovic

Doubtful Johnson (ankle), Sidwell (hernia)

Injured Davies (knee, 26 Nov), Hughes (thigh, 5 Dec), Kelly (groin, 5 Dec), Senderos (thigh, 5 Dec), Sa (hamstring, 10 Dec), Grygera (knee, May)

Suspended None

Form guide LWLLWD

Disciplinary record Y26 R0

Leading scorers Dempsey, Johnson, Zamora 3

Match pointers

• If selected, Mark Schwarzer will be making his 450th Premier League appearance, becoming only the second keeper – after David James – to reach the landmark

• Sunderland have failed to score in five of their last six league meetings with Fulham, including the last four in a row

• Clint Dempsey has won more free-kicks (28) than any other player in the division

• Sunderland have not had the same result in succession since they suffered back to back defeats in April

• Fulham have used fewer players (20) than any other side in the top flight

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/nov/18/squad-sheets-sunderland-fulham?

WhiteJC

Jol: Fulham striking duo of Johnson and Dembele staying

Fulham boss Martin Jol will not be disposing of strikers Moussa Dembele and Andrew Johnson in the January transfer window.

Jol has issued a hands-off warning to former club Tottenham over Belgium international forward Dembele.

He said: "There is a lot of interest in good players and I've got a few.

"It's up to us to keep them here and that's what we're trying to do.

"Dembele gives us an extra dimension. For me it's important I've got good players.

"If they are better than average players it's only good for the club."

The Dutchman also wants to keep former England striker Johnson, who is out of contract at the end of the season and interesting QPR.

Jol said: "There is always interest from other clubs but he is still under contract here until the end of the season. Not January - the end of the season.

"That is the only thing we know for a fact and if something changes we will tell you."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/jol-fulham-striking-duo-johnson-and-dembele-staying-2180981?utm_source=feed_newsnow

WhiteJC

Sunderland v Fulham: Match preview

Sunderland v FulhamBarclays Premier LeagueStadium of LightSaturday, November 19. Kick-off: 1500

TEAM NEWS

Sebastian Larsson is suspended for Sunderland, while Titus Bramble is still unavailable.

Meanwhile, Keiren Westwood will deputise in goal with Simon Mignolet and Craig Gordon still injured.

Fulham defender Stephen Kelly picked up a groin injury on international duty and is unavailable for selection.

Aaron Hughes and Zdenek Grygera are still out of action, but Steve Sidwell could return for Martin Jol's side.

Bruce looking to upset record books

Steve Bruce is hoping he can end an unwanted record against Fulham at the Stadium of Light on Saturday.

Sunderland have not beaten during Bruce's tenure on Wearside, but will have the opportunity to do so this weekend.

Last season Fulham gained a draw on their trip to the north-east, while they clinically dispatched of the Black Cats at Craven Cottage.

And Bruce is hoping he can end his hoodo to ensure Sunderland create some breathing space between themselves at the bottom three in the Barclays Premier League.

"Since I moved to Sunderland we haven't had a good record against Fulham," he said.

"Let's hope we can go and play and put that record to bed and get the result that we need this weekend.

"We've played well lately and we must maintain that. If we do that and keep the standards that we've set in recent games we'll be okay."

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/sunderland-v-fulham-match-preview?

WhiteJC

Martin Jol believes Fulham star should play in Euro 2012

Zamora missed two good chances in his full international debut in Tuesday's 1-0 win over Sweden

Fulham boss Martin Jol believes striker Bobby Zamora should make England's Euro 2012 squad as he provides Fabio Capello with the guile other strikers lack.

Zamora missed two good chances in his full international debut in Tuesday's 1-0 win over Sweden and afterwards branded his own performance as "not the greatest".

With Wayne Rooney suspended for the group stages of the tournament (unless his appeal is successful), there is a place in attack up for grabs and Jol says 30-year-old Zamora can feel the breach.

"He was very quick to call himself, but players know when they haven't played well," said Jol.

"When a striker scores he has done well.

"It's about performances so if he gets another chance or a couple of chances, he will take it because he is different.

"They are all different. Darren Bent is different, Jermain Defoe is different, Wayne Rooney certainly is different. And I don't feel they have a lot of players who are a real number nine who can hold up the ball.

"It's up to the manager - if he wants to play with a goalscorer, then Bent is probably the best goalscorer in England, he's certainly different to Bobby.

"But if you play Bobby with offensive midfield players he can be very useful. If you play him on his own with a flat midfield, you are better playing Darren Bent.

"They give all the options so I think Capello will think about taking him because he is a different sort of number nine.

"Capello will know he is a number nine who will hold the ball up all the time. His first touch is very good, he's good in the box, he's a link-up number nine.

"Peter Crouch is probably similar. He's better than people give him credit for at holding the ball. But Bobby is probably the most gifted.

"He's not only a link-up player, not an immobile number nine, he's an intelligent number nine. He's very versatile."

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/martin_jol_believes_fulham_star_should_play_in_euro_2012_1_1131078?

WhiteJC

Sunderland v Fulham team news & preview

Two struggling sides will go head to head at the Stadium of Light, with both Sunderland and Fulham looking to put some distance between themselves and the relegation zone even at this early stage of the season.

Both sides have taken just 10 points from their opening 11 matches with Steve Bruce's side just ahead of the London side on goal difference.

Neither side goes into the fixture in great form. Fulham have lost three of their last four while Bruce's men have recorded only one victory in their last five.

Martin Jol's men may be refreshed by the international break as their form has tended to be poor coming off of European fixtures all season. This was never more evident than against his old club Tottenham in their last premier League fixture.

His small squad may have benefited from more of a rest over the last week with players like Andy Johnson fresh this week while Bobby Zamora will be full of confidence after his first International start.

Sunderland will also be hoping the break will provide them a chance to start afresh and will be looking to the likes of Niklas Bendtner to continue his good form having scored twice for Denmark during the break.

Fulham have had by far the better of the men from Tyneside in recent times having not lost against them in almost three years .They also won the last meeting between the two sides in April recording a comprehensive 3-0 victory over Sunderland in April.

The match represents a chance for one of the two sides to put troubling recent trends behind them. Sunderland have managed to keep a clean sheet just once in their last 14 games at home while Fulham, who have been free scoring at home have managed only three goals on the road this season.

Team news
With goalkeepers Simon Mignolet and Craig Gordon still out through injury, Ireland international Kieran Westwood will continue in goal for the Black Cats. Westwood acquitted himself well when pressed into action against champions Manchester United two weeks ago.

Titus Bramble, Connor Wickham and Fraizer Campbell are all still out with knee injuries, and midfielder Sebastian Larsson is suspended.

Fulham will be without defenders Zdenek Grygera and Philip Senderos and midfielder Steve Sidwell who recently had a hernia operation. Simon Davies will also miss out with a knee injury.

Fresh from Ireland's playoff success during the week Ireland duo John O Shea and Damien Duff will likely face off against one another with Duff set to start on the left wing for Fulham and O Shea likely to feature at right back for Sunderland.

Prediction:
Sunderland start as2.44 favourites on Betfair (7/5) but they have never won against Fulham since Steve Bruce took charge at the Stadium of Light. Fulham 3.4(12/5) will feel confident of emerging from this game with at least a point such is their recent form against Sunderland.

Both sides have drawn four games this season so at 3.4(12/5) this would seem like a highly possible result.

http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/soccer_irish/64642/?

WhiteJC

Spurs suffer setback in striker pursuit
Fulham boss Martin Jol desperate to hang on to Moussa Dembele

Tottenham Hotspur may be forced to look elsewhere for a new striker during the January transfer window after Fulham boss Martin Jol issued a hands of warning to his former club over hitman Moussa Dembele.

The Belgium international caught the eye of Spurs boss Harry Redknapp during his side's fortunate 3-1 win over their London rivals before the international break, and reports suggested the White Hart Lane-based outfit were preparing to launch a bid for Dembele when the January transfer window opens.

The Fulham-faithful would have likely been concerned after hearing Dembele describe a potential switch from west to north London as a "step higher", but Jol, who spent two seasons with Spurs and guided them to consecutive 5th placed finishes, is adamant that the 24-year-old can will stay put over the festive period.

"There is a lot of interest in good players and I've got a few." Jol told Sky Sports.

"It's up to us to keep them here and that's what we're trying to do."

"If they are better than average players it's only good for the club." The Cottagers boss added.

The former Hamburg and Ajax boss also faces a battle to keep hold of striker Andy Johnson, with west London rivals QPR said to be courting the 30-year-old.

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/spurs-suffer-setback-in-striker-pursuit?

WhiteJC

8 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW: SUNDERLAND VS FULHAM

Clint Dempsey got eight shots on goal in the game against Tottenham in the last round of Barclays Premier League fixtures. That's more than a player has in any one game so far this season.

Dempsey's Fulham team mate Andy Johnson has had a great start to the season, and currently has the second best shots on target % of any player in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index with 82% of shots on target (discounting players who have had fewer than ten efforts at goal this season).

Johnson is also in the top ten players for converting chances to goals, with 27.27% of his efforts hitting the back of the net.

Looking at those stats, it's no surprise that Fulham are third poverall for % of shots on target this season. As a team Fulham have had 153 efforts at goal with 63.40% on target, behind just Bolton and Spurs

Wes Brown suffered a nightmare return to Old Trafford in his last Barclays Premier League outing, scoring an own goal which went on to decide the game

The defender remains Sunderland's second highest ranked player in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index having won 81% of tackles attempted, contributed 19 clearances, 11 interceptions and 11 block

Lee Cattermole covered most ground in that game, with 11,278 metres

Cattermole is one of the league's top tacklers, having won 80% of 35 attempted so far this season

http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/2011/11/premiership/8-things-you-need-to-know-sunderland-vs-fulham?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TransferTavern+%28The+Transfer+Tavern+Home+Page%29

WhiteJC

We Want Three Points

Seems like a lifetime ago, but two weeks after battering Spurs and coming away with nowt to show for it, it really is time for Martin Jol's revolution to start building momentum

© AP Images

We're in a false position say the players and perceived wisdom across the message boards suggests we'll be fine when it comes to the final reckoning next May. The table however deals in cold hard facts, not emotion nor hypothesis. Having proved unbeatable at the Cottage since last Boxing Day - barring the night we bizarrely handed Liverpool a three goal start, in the last month we have given up three points at home to sides less talented Fulham teams were managing to best on a regular basis five years ago.
The programme resumes with a long trip to Sunderland, and the harsh facts to date are as we enter a somewhat testing six week run up to the end of the year, Fulham's team of internationals has just two wins to its name from eleven games. Should Bolton get a result this weekend and the Whites lose, we will be in the bottom three, with Arsenal away and Liverpool at home our next two fixtures. A scenario as we move into December that may leave even Jol spluttering to continue putting a positive spin to everything.

Two big figures in the dug outs for Saturday's match up might consider it's a time for tin hats and the trenches. Both badly need a win to keep the home fires burning and get the fans off their back. Bruce and Jol have known headier times and strike me as proud individuals who seem almost affrronted to find themselves mired in a relegation scrap.

With American money behind him and bigger home crowds than Fulham ever see, Bruce has been throwing money at a team that continues to be remarkable only for its ordinariness. Bent has never been replaced and if Gyan prefers football on sand pitches for petro-dollars rather than the Premier League, then something must be seriously awry on Wearside. Personally I think Bruce has lost the plot and I would be surprised were he still to be in charge come 2012. But both teams will feel this game is very winnable.

And why indeed should the Black Cats not be favourites to edge out the Whites and put daylight between us? Lest we forget, the psychological hobbling that afflicts Fulham whenever that team bus trundles away from the capital has shown no sign of dissipating under Jol. We may have stolen the points at Wigan three weeks ago but the overall performance from what was pretty much our first team was truly awful.

I'm collecting Jol's sound bytes as the shortest route into the mind of the Dutchman. He may be the man Fulham wanted for over a year to build on Roy's legacy, but might I suggest it's time to start delivering? Experimentation with tactics and the team set-up must be sorted by now, with almost a third of the season gone. His comment this week that the side was 'lacking a little when Bobby was unavailable in away games,' was the understatement of the year!

The next six weeks will define the rate of progress. Maybe we won''t win at Arsenal - we literally never do - it might be a big ask to beat United or Liverpool, but elsewhere we have to be garnering points - and the Stadium of Light is the perfect place to start, but it needs a whole new mind-set and a team that plays to its potential from the first whistle, and not just for 45 minutes.
On team selection, well, we know where the weak spots are. I shall continue to chew my nails from the minute the team sheet is released and Riise remains the first-choice left-back. Grygera is a big loss. What was this 32-year old contributing to games? He could read the play, he knew how to defend, mark, tackle and do the unfussy things necessary. And he could play in more than one position. I'm not sure JAR is now up to anything like the same. But we have options at RB - Bairdinho if necessary, Kelly when fit, with Hughes and Senderos also back in contention to cover. Also good to hear Simon Davies returns to full training next week.
Roy's methods remain ingrained throughout our defensive stalwarts. They can play the system in their sleep, while Mark remains one of the best shot stoppers in the Prem, even if his hoofed clearances are getting dangerously weaker by the month. It's the areas where Jol has hinted at change that have so far proved resistant to the Dutch renaissance - in midfield and up front. We could have had a hatful against Spurs, yet even our one goal went in off one of their men. Where is the clinical finisher that kills off opponents? How does Ruiz fit into the team?

Let's all applaud Bobby for finally getting that first start in an England shirt. I thought he did well shouldering the lone striker role, as he himself said, it was a "hard shift." But I don't want to see Fulham on the road playing him in the same way. Our big man aint gonna score when having to roam out wide looking for decent ball. I personally think Zamo's got more to his game than both Darren Bent and Carroll, but see how much of the game those two spend menacing defenders in and around the box compared to our big striker. We need to get the hustle on the opposition at times, and, if I'm honest start developing a different approach to away games.

Well, we won easily here last Spring with Sunderland really in a tailspin at the time. 3-0 to the Whites that day, though recent fixtures between us have barely seen a goal. Which Fulham will we see at the Stadium of Light? I haven't got a clue, but I would appreciate seeing commitment and some sort of game plan. Delighted to see their top scorer Larsson is suspended too.

Clint's next goal will be a milestone by the way, as I'm sure we all know.

As ever, COYW! Twitter@fulhamphil