https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (18/11/11)...

Started by WhiteJC, November 18, 2011, 07:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Jol tips Zamora for Euros
Fulham striker leading candidate to replace Rooney in Euro 2012

Martin Jol: Fulham manager believes his man can lead England's attack next summer

Martin Jol believes the guile of Bobby Zamora will be the quality that sees him claim a place in Fabio Capello's Euro 2012 squad.

Zamora was handed his full England debut in midweek against Sweden but missed two good chances to mark the occasion with a goal.

Indeed, the Fulham striker described his own performance as "not the greatest" but with Wayne Rooney suspended for the group games, the Fulham boss is confident his man can provide the solution.

"He was very quick to call himself, but players know when they haven't played well," said Jol.
"When a striker scores he has done well. It's about performances, so if he gets another chance or a couple of chances, he will take it because he is different.

Number nine

"They are all different. Darren Bent is different, Jermain Defoe is different, and Wayne Rooney certainly is different. And I don't feel they have a lot of players who are a real number nine who can hold up the ball.

"It's up to the manager - if he wants to play with a goalscorer, then Bent is probably the best goalscorer in England, he's certainly different to Bobby."

In the aftermath of the failure of England in South Africa at the last World Cup, Capello has sought to change England's pattern of play.

And Jol believes with the inclusion of Zamora at the apex of the attack for England, his style of play provides the national team with more options when in possession.

"If you play Bobby with the offensive midfield players he can be very useful," he added.

Versatile

"If you play him on his own with a flat midfield, you are better playing Darren Bent. They give all the options so I think Capello will think about taking him because he is a different sort of number nine.

"Capello will know he is a number nine who will hold the ball up all the time. His first touch is very good, he's good in the box, and he's a link-up number nine.

"Peter Crouch is probably similar. He's better than people give him credit for at holding the ball. But Bobby is probably the most gifted.

"He's not only a link-up player, not an immobile number nine; he's an intelligent number nine. He's very versatile."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7313633/?

WhiteJC

Queens Park Rangers ready to strike with £2m raid for in-form Fulham forward Andrew Johnson
Queens Park Rangers are planning a £2 million bid for Fulham striker Andrew Johnson as they fight to preserve their Premier League status.

QPR ready to strike with £2m raid for in-form goalscorer Andrew Johnson
Photo: ACTION IMAGES

Johnson's deal at Craven Cottage runs out at the end of the season and he has so far failed to agree terms on a new contract, having wanted more than the one-year extension on offer.

Fulham do not want the 30-year-old striker to leave for free and, although they do not want to lose him in the January window, it may be that he is sold so that a fee can be recouped.

Despite signing the likes of Jay Bothroyd and the injured DJ Campbell, QPR are desperate to add a proven Premier League goalscorer to their squad.

New chairman Tony Fernandes will make more cash available to manager Neil Warnock, who may also try to revive a deal for Tottenham central defender Sebastien Bassong.

A deadline-day deal to sign Bassong collapsed, even though he is understood to have signed his part of the paperwork, because Spurs failed in their efforts to sign Gary Cahill from Bolton. It's possible that QPR might also renew their interest in Manchester City defender Nedum Onuoha.

Johnson is believed to be asking for a salary of £2million-a-year and QPR are understood to be willing to meet his demands. The dilemma for Fulham, given their own difficult position in the league, is whether they are willing for him to leave and strengthen a potential relegation rival.

Johnson has battled back from serious injury and has been in fine form this season for Fulham, scoring eight goals in as many games, but he regards the next contract he signs as his last big career opportunity.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/8897624/Queens-Park-Rangers-ready-to-strike-with-2m-raid-for-in-form-Fulham-forward-Andrew-Johnson.html?

WhiteJC

Former Fulham defender jailed for witness intimidation
by DAN on NOVEMBER 17, 2011

Here's a story you don't read every day. Elliot Omozusi, once a promising young full-back with Fulham, was jailed for two and a half years today after being found guilty of witness intimidation at Snaresbrook Crown Court.

Omozusi, who had been playing for Leyton Orient, was one of a gang of six men who chased a man, who had given evidence that had to led to the killers of Agnes Sina-Inakoju being jailed for life. Sixteen year-old Sina-Inakoju was shot dead in an east London pizza restaurant last April. The witness, who can't be named for legal reasons, helped police find the killers - Leon Dunkley and Mohammed Smoured – after his house was ransacked following the shooting.

The witness ran to police officers after a chance encounter with the gang members on a night out in Liverpool last May. They chased him from outside a nightclub until they were stopped by an on-duty police officer. Omozusi, who was wearing a shirt emblazoned with 'London Fields' – the name of the gang connected with Agnes' shooting – when he was arrested, claimed that he 'was just having a laugh'. It was an excuse the police – and the jury – didn't believe.

It all seems a far cry from Omozusi's Fulham career. He looked a real prospect when he emerged from the club's youth team as a tall and attacking defender. He made his debut in the League Cup defeat by Wycombe in September 2006 and made his first start for the club at Leicester in the FA Cup. He made his first league start in the 1-1 draw at Sunderland in October and, the following week, saw him create a crucial second goal for Clint Dempsey in a vital 3-1 win over Reading. He was, however, sent off for a second bookable offence in injury-time. Omozusi went on to make nine appearances that year, before falling down the pecking order when Roy Hodgson replaced Lawrie Sanchez as manager.

He had loan spells at Norwich and Charlton, before being released by Fulham in January 2010. He joined Leyton Orient, initially on trial, and went on to make 62 appearances for the O's before his trial.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2011/11/former-fulham-defender-jailed-for-witness-intimidation/?

WhiteJC

Life: what happens while you were making other plans

You might not have been reading CCN in 2007, but if you were, you may recall this:

Cruel, cruel, cruel.

A beautiful, freezing December evening. A sleepy first half, an engaging second, and then disaster. Injury time: some bother as Newcastle attack, by the penalty spot, Omozusi – otherwise excellent – late on a tackle, over tumbles the forward. A huge, horrible pause, then we see that a penalty has been given, and that we aren't going to win today, we aren't even going to draw. Joey Barton's kick confirms a defeat. Heartbreaking.

(Newcastle at home, of course, the straw that broke our camel's back)

I remember after the game texting Mark Maunders, and part of his reply was about how Omozusi was gutted, and a really good kid.  Mark would know.

David Pleat thought he looked a good prospect:

DP Elliott Omozusi. Very early days but my instincts when I first saw the Fulham right-back told me he could be an Englishman to emerge. Full of composure and easy movement.

And he did.  Composure was what stood out to me, too. Also that quickness, and yes, supposedly a good kid.

So all of this just goes to show how you never really know.   Omozusi slipped from the fringes of a Premier League club down to League One, having failed to stick at Norwich and Charlton.  Who knows what was going on in his life, but the fall was intriguing, the latest developments unfathomable.  I'm not trying to moralise – these things are always too complicated for that – it's just crazy to think what might have been for Omozusi, and now what is for Omozusi.  I'd say it's sad, but what he and his friends did doesn't warrant sympathy.  Still, whew.... bad news all round.

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2011/11/17/life-what-happens-while-you-were-making-other-plans/?

WhiteJC

Fulham Team Report

FULHAM

Coach: Martin Jol (since 07/06/2011)

Last Result: 3-1 loss at home to Tottenham, November 06

Record: 2-5-4

Streak: Lost 1

Next Match: away to Sunderland, November 19

Europe: UEFA Europa League (Group K)

Striker Mousa Dembele would welcome the challenge of testing himself a "step higher" were the chance to come along. The 24-year-old Belgian forward, signed from AZ Alkmaar in August 2010, has been linked with a move to Tottenham. While Dembele maintains he is more than happy at Craven Cottage, the chance of possibly playing in a team competing at the other end of the Barclays Premier League would be something to consider. Speaking to Flemish daily newspaper De Standaard, Dembele said: "I did well last season when I was not injured, through many matches for Fulham, so why not step higher?"

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=ap-soc--epl-stetmrpt-fulham-0000

WhiteJC

Omar's coming! Fulham hand trial to American hot-shot Salgado

Fulham are giving a trial to Vancouver Whitecaps striker Omar Salgado.

The American youth forward, 18, who also had a spell training at Everton, arrived in England on Wednesday.

Having a look: Fulham boss Martin Jol has given Omar Salgado a trial

Salgado has a Spanish passport so would not need a work permit.

He was the No 1 pick in the 2011 MLS SuperDraft.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2062993/Fulham-Omar-Salgado-trial.html#ixzz1e2jO1JMP

WhiteJC

BOBBY ZAMORA MUST GET EURO JOB

MARTIN JOL says Bobby Zamora can help to solve ­England's striker problems at next summer's Euro 2012.

Fulham striker Zamora, 30, made his first England start in the 1-0 win over ­Sweden on Tuesday – but admitted his full debut could have gone better.

But club boss Jol insists his player is the best target man available to Three Lions coach Fabio Capello.

Capello is still weighing up his options about how to fill the gap left by Wayne Rooney's three-match suspension.

And Jol reckons the prospect of pairing Zamora with an attacking midfielder like Steven Gerrard before Rooney's return would boost England's hopes.

Jol said: "If Bobby gets another chance or a couple of chances, he will take it ­because he is different.

"I don't feel England have a lot of ­players who can hold up the ball.

"He is a link-up No.9 and is probably the most gifted.

"It's up to the manager. If he wants to play with a goalscorer, then Darren Bent is probably the best goalscorer in ­England. But if you play Bobby with ­offensive ­midfield players, he can be very useful. You can play with the Gerrard type of player or the second type of striker, or a No.10 even.

"I think that would help Bobby, ­because he can get on the ball and lay it off."

Rooney is due to appeal against the length of his ban on December 8.

But Jol believes Rooney and Zamora could provide a deadly pairing when the Manchester United man returns.

The Dutchman added: "If you play with a 4-4-1-1 and with Rooney and Bobby, I think Bobby would exploit his qualities 100 per cent."

Former Tottenham star ­Zamora was left frustrated after missing two chances against the Swedes.

But Jol believes the forward was being hard on himself.

He added: "He was very quick to call himself but players know when they haven't played well.

"If he'd have scored, he'd have done well. When a striker scores, he has done well. He's eager for ­another chance."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/221294/Bobby-Zamora-must-get-Euro-job/?

WhiteJC

Zamora is your most gifted No9, says Fulham chief Jol

FULHAM manager Martin Jol has backed striker Bobby Zamora to win a place in England's squad for Euro 2012, calling him the country's most gifted No9.

Zamora was given a chance to impress against Sweden on Tuesday and put in a mixed performance, leading the line well but lacking ruthlessness in front of goal.

The 30-year-old faces stiff competition for a place in Fabio Capello's final 23-man squad, notably from Chelsea youngster Daniel Sturridge and Liverpool's Andy Carrol.

But, speaking ahead of tomorrow's Premier League trip to Sunderland, Jol said: "They are all different. Darren Bent is different, Jermain Defoe is different, Wayne Rooney certainly is different. I don't feel they have a lot of players who are a real No9 who can hold up the ball.

"If he [Capello] wants to play with a goalscorer, then Bent is probably the best in England, he's certainly different to Bobby. But if you play Bobby with offensive midfield players he can be very useful.

"He is a No9 who will hold the ball up all the time. His first touch is very good, he's good in the box, he's a link-up No9. Peter Crouch is probably similar. He's better than people give him credit for at holding the ball. But Bobby is probably the most gifted."

Jol is without full-back Stephen Kelly for the Sunderland game after he was injured on international duty.

http://www.cityam.com/sport/zamora-your-most-gifted-no9-says-fulham-chief-jol?

WhiteJC

Fulham boss warns Spurs over Dembele

MARTIN Jol has slapped a not for sale sign on Tottenham Hotspur target Moussa Dembele.

Spurs reportedly saw two bids turned down for the Belgian last season, and are considering lodging and improved £10million offer in January.

However, boss Jol has warned his former club that Dembele is going nowhere.

"For me it's important that I've got good players," he said.

"Maybe someone told you about Tottenham, I don't even know. There's a lot of interest in good players and I've got a few.

"It's about us to keep them here, and that's what we're trying to do."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/11/18/fulham-boss-warns-spurs-over-dembele-82029-29797016/?#ixzz1e2kQHDpv

WhiteJC

Bobby Zamora not for sale, says Fulham boss

FULHAM manager Martin Jol insists he has no intention of selling star striker Bobby Zamora in January.

The England striker has been strongly linked with a move away from Craven Cottage in the new year after a reported training ground bust-up with his boss.

But Jol admits the Whites can't cope without their big number nine.

"He didn't play for a couple of matches away from home and we had a slight problem," said the Dutchman. "That is how important he can be.

"He's versatile - you saw against Wigan when he went out on the wing. He's not only a player who can link up. He's not an immobile number nine."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/11/18/bobby-zamora-not-for-sale-says-fulham-boss-64767-29796939/?#ixzz1e2kkYbGJ

WhiteJC

Christmas Shopping

I'm sure most of you will be aware of the wonderful books about Fulham produced by Ken Coton & Martin Plumb through the Ashwater Press imprint. They've had some issues of late trying to engage with the club and this has put them in a difficult position regarding the production of future books. This would be a crying shame as Ken and Martin have produced most of the very best books about Fulham, and certainly filled the void that exisited from the official side for many years. Both Richard and I are keen to give Ashwater any assistance we can and so, it is with a slightly shameful face (I should have done this weeks ago!), I finally get round to reproducing their recent advert for the new Ashwater 2012 Fulham Desk Diary.

———————————————

First of all we would like to thank you all for the calls, e-mails and letters we've received from you with regard to Fulham FC's decision to 'de-select' us as a supplier of books and heritage material. We also would like to thank you for all the correspondence that you've sent to Fulham as a protest; we are flattered and it is sincerely appreciated. From what we understand, no-one to date has been given a satisfactory reply as to why Ashwater books cannot be stocked alongside those of another 'licensee'.

Anyway, many of you have asked us whether we could produce something for this Christmas. Well, Fulham's decision came far too late to finalise any significant book offering, but instead we have provided something hopefully just as good – an ideal stocking filler for Mum, Dad, granddad, uncle, son, brother, friend and any other relative – and a great present for yourself.

The

ASHWATER 2012 DESK DIARY

With Fulham pictures by Ken Coton and from the Ashwater archive.

It is naturally a proper functional diary, but not your 'usual' diary of course .................

It is a 128-page diary, approximately 9 inches by 6½ (235mm x 165mm).
It will be a quality hardback production. It has over 70 colour and black and white Fulham FC pictures.
Across five decades of Ken Coton's archive.
Many of the pictures previously unseen or not seen for 30–40 years.
It contains detailed captions and Fulham trivia.
It contains a weekly 'anecdote' relating to Fulham's colourful history over the last fifty years.
A foreword from Steve Pound – MP.
We sincerely hope that you will support us in this project as it could be the basis for next year's books.

The price will be £9.95, but that's not much more than a decent ordinary diary, and remember it's not just a diary – it's a Fulham book as well! You will be able to collect from outside the ground before the start of the four December Fulham home matches (assuming we haven't sold out by then).

We can also post you copies. Postage will be £2.25 per copy in the UK (Overseas postage rates available on request). You can order now by sending your details with a cheque for £12.20 payable to ASHWATER PRESS to Ashwater Press, 68 Tranmere Road, Twickenham, Middlesex TW2 7JB. Thanks! Maybe you could buy two, one for keeps and one for daily use! We'll post two copies for £22.

Please Note: We would like to stress that we have printed a limited number this year and 60% of them have already been sold in the last four weeks. For those not collecting we would request that you order soon to avoid a Christmas disappointment.

Any queries or mailed orders, either e-mail [email protected] or use the Ashwater order line and leave an order by phone on 01344 – 624231

Best wishes – and thanks for your support

Ken Coton and Martin Plumb.

www.ashwaterpress.co.uk

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2011/11/18/christmas-shopping/?

WhiteJC

Dickson Etuhu issues Fulham quit threat

DICKSON Etuhu admits he may be forced to quit Fulham in January if he continues to warm the bench.

The midfielder has made 10 starts this season under new boss Martin Jol, but just two of those have come in the Premier League.

The Dutchman has preferred to partner Steve Sidwell with skipper Danny Murphy in the centre of the park, with Etuhu forced to play a bit-part from the bench.

And the frustrated Nigerian international, who is contracted to Craven Cottage until 2014, admits he is considering his future in SW6.

He said: "It's difficult if you only get 10 or 15 minutes. It's very hard to get involved in the game, especially in my position.

"At the end of the day I'm not playing much now and come January I'll look at that.

"I'm happy the team's doing well and if I don't get my chance I'll sit down with my people and have a chat about it.

"If I have to make some changes then I'll have to. I'm 29 and I want to enjoy my years."

Etuhu was a regular under former managers Roy Hodgson and Mark Hughes before Jol's arrival in the summer.

And the 29-year-old admits he's concerned his fitness is suffering due to his lack of game time.

"It's difficult to take," he admitted. "I do get frustrated but that's football.

"The worst thing about it is you lose your fitness and when you come in to play once every three or four weeks it's very difficult to enjoy. These periods are a test and I'm sure I'll come out the other side strong."

With Sidwell doubtful, Etuhu could make a rare start for tomorrow's visit to his former club Sunderland.

And he insists he's desperate to make his mark against the Black Cats, adding: "There's added incentive and I've got a lot of good friends there. They're a good team and one of the best in their area."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/11/17/dickson-etuhu-issues-fulham-quit-threat-82029-29797098/?#ixzz1e2ljgPT0

WhiteJC

FM Preview: Sunderland v Fulham 19 Nov 2011

ootyMad attempt to assist you with their form guide as Sunderland take on Fulham in a Premier League match on 19th November 2011 at 15:00.
History of the Sunderland v Fulham fixture

Sunderland prepare to entertain Fulham at The Stadium of Light on Saturday afternoon, and hold the advantage on previous meetings between the two. Of the 28 games played, Black Cats have recorded 12 wins, and Fulham have come away with 6 victories.

The most recent encounter between these two sides at The Stadium of Light was less than a year ago, in April 2011, as the visitors ran out cosy 0-3 winners in a Premier League match.
Recent encounters between the teams
Season   Date   Team   Result   Team   Comp
2010/2011   Sat 30 Apr   Sunderland   0-3   Fulham   Premier League
2010/2011   Sat 11 Dec   Fulham   0 - 0   Sunderland   Premier League
2009/2010   Sun 28 Feb   Sunderland   0 - 0   Fulham   Premier League
2009/2010   Sun 06 Dec   Fulham   1 - 0   Sunderland   Premier League
2008/2009   Tue 27 Jan   Sunderland   1 - 0   Fulham   Premier League
2008/2009   Sat 18 Oct   Fulham   0 - 0   Sunderland   Premier League
2007/2008   Sat 05 Apr   Fulham   1 - 3   Sunderland   Premier League
For a detailed analysis of the complete head-to-head record between the two sides, click here
Recent respective form guides
Sunderland's poor home run has seen them win just 1 and draw 2 of the last six. A generous 10 goals have been both scored and conceded in this period.
Fulham's away form is none too clever either, with two wins, two draws, and two defeats. The Cottagers's have a narrow positive goal difference over these games, with 4 goals for and 3 against.
Sunderland find themselves struggling down in 15th position in the league having picked up 10 points from their 11 matches.
Fulham are hovering perilously just above the relegation zone, with 10 points from 11 matches.
Current overall team form
Team   P   W   D   L   F   A   P
Sunderland   6   1   2   3   8   9   5
Fulham   6   2   0   4   8   10   6
For a detailed analysis of current team form guides in this or any division, click here
FootyMad's prediction ...
Its been a distinctly poor show from Sunderland at home in recent games, and, though we cannot see a run starting here, we do think the Black Cats will at least gain a draw. No-score draw
Sequence statistics
Team   Sequences
Sunderland   Drawn last 2 games at home.
Failed to win in previous 2 home matches.
Not won in the 2 most recent games.
Fulham   5 games since last away draw.
Last drawn game 9 outings ago.

http://www.sunderland-mad.co.uk/news/prev/fm_preview_sunderland_v_fulham_19_nov_2011_713508/index.shtml?

WhiteJC

Fulham braced for QPR raid as Warnock eyes £2m Johnson

Queens Park Rangers are set to make a £2million offer for Fulham striker Andy Johnson.

The 30-year-old is out of contract at the end of the season, and Rangers boss Warnock has made the former Everton and Crystal Palace hitman his prime target.

Wanted: QPR are set to make a £2m move for Fulham striker Andy Johnson

Johnson has been offered a new one-year extension by the Craven Cottage club.

But talks over a new deal have stalled, with Johnson wanting more than the 12 months currently on offer.

Fulham want to keep Johnson, but there hand could be forced in January to avoid him leaving for nothing at the end of the season.

QPR chairman Tony Fernandes will hand Warnock a £15m kitty to spend in January with Tottenham defender Sebastien Bassong also a target.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2063099/Andy-Johnson-wanted-QPR.html#ixzz1e2mIQBnc

WhiteJC

KELLY OUT FOR FULHAM

Fulham will be without Stephen Kelly when they head to Sunderland in the Barclays Premier League.

Kelly suffered a groin injury on Republic of Ireland duty last week and joins fellow defenders Aaron Hughes (thigh) and Zdenek Grygera (cruciate) on the sidelines.

Midfielder Steve Sidwell is recovering from a minor hernia operation and will be handed a late fitness test.

Teams:

Sunderland (from): To appear here...

Fulham (from): Schwarzer, Etheridge, Riise, Hangeland, Baird, Dembele, Briggs, Sidwell, Kasami, Murphy, Gecov, Duff, Etuhu, Dempsey, Johnson, Zamora, Ruiz.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/11/18/manual_083408.html

WhiteJC

Cottage ace drops quit hint

Dickson Etuhu has admitted that he will consider his future with Fulham in January if he continues to watch from the sidelines.
The 29-year-old Nigerian midfielder, who featured regularly under former managers Roy Hodgson and Mark Hughes, has struggled to force his way into current Cottagers boss Martin Jol's starting XI this season as he has opted to pair Steve Sidwell with skipper Danny Murphy.

As a result, Etuhu, who is contracted to the club until summer 2014, could look to secure a move away from Craven Cottage to get some first-team football under his belt.

He told the Chronicle: "It's difficult if you only get 10 or 15 minutes. It's very hard to get involved in the game, especially in my position.

"At the end of the day I'm not playing much now and come January I'll look at that.

"I'm happy the team's doing well and if I don't get my chance I'll sit down with my people and have a chat about it.

"If I have to make some changes then I'll have to. I'm 29 and I want to enjoy my years."

The former Sunderland man, who could face his former team-mates at the Stadium of Light this weekend, is also worried he will lose his match fitness levels if he continues to just play a bit-part role.

"It's difficult to take," Etuhu added. "I do get frustrated but that's football.

"The worst thing about it is you lose your fitness and when you come in to play once every three or four weeks it's very difficult to enjoy. These periods are a test and I'm sure I'll come out the other side strong."

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/fulham/cottage-ace-drops-quit-hint-1336184.html#.TsYsQ2AlE98

WhiteJC

Bruce looking to avenge record
Steve Bruce is hoping his team's recent form will help him overcome Fulham for the first time as Sunderland manager.

Manager Steve Bruce is yet to win a game against Fulham since taking charge on Wearside.
Bruce believes his team has hit form just at the right time to help put that unwanted record to bed.
Last year Sunderland picked up a point at Craven Cottage, but lost 3-0 in the return fixture at the Stadium of Light.
The previous season saw both sides play out a goalless draw on Wearside, whilst Sunderland slipped to a 1-0 defeat in London.
Ahead of Saturday's game, Bruce told safc.com: "Since I moved to Sunderland we haven't had a good record against Fulham.
"Let's hope we can go and play and put that record to bed and get the result that we need this weekend.
"We've played well lately and we must maintain that. If we do that and keep the standards that we've set in recent games we'll be okay."

Like Sunderland, Fulham have picked up maximum points on only two occasions in the Barclays Premier League this season and both teams have ten points on the board.
"Martin Jol will have been hoping for a better start for Fulham in the Premier League," Bruce continued.
"Fulham are a very good team with some very good players. They're an established top-flight team and this is their 11th consecutive season in the league, which is a remarkable achievement for a club of that size.
"They've got good players up front. Bobby Zamora and Andy Johnson are a real threat - it will be a tough game."

http://www.safc.com/news/20111118/bruce-looking-to-avenge-record_2256213_2517143?

WhiteJC

Duo back - Kelly blow for Jol

Aaron Hughes and Philippe Senderos are set to be fit for Fulham's trip to Sunderland but Stephen Kelly will miss out.

Cottagers boss Martin Jol has been boosted by Hughes and Senderos' recovery from thigh problems ahead of the trip to the Stadium of Light and both should be in the squad.
However, Kelly has failed to recover from a groin problem which he picked up on international duty with the Republic of Ireland so will miss out.
It leaves Jol with a right-back dilemma as Kelly was lined up to replace Zdenek Grygera, who is out for the season after he ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament against Tottenham last time out.
Midfielder Steve Sidwell is also a major doubt after undergoing minor surgery to remove a hernia, but he will get a chance to prove his fitness in training before the long trip to the North East.
Simon Davies is still sidelined with a long-term knee injury.

http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/duo-back---kelly-blow-for-jol-1336193.html?

WhiteJC

Etuhu drops future hint

Dickson Etuhu has admitted that he will consider his future with Fulham in January if he continues to watch from the sidelines.

The 29-year-old Nigerian midfielder, who featured regularly under former managers Roy Hodgson and Mark Hughes, has struggled to force his way into current Cottagers boss Martin Jol's starting XI this season as he has opted to pair Steve Sidwell with skipper Danny Murphy.
As a result, Etuhu, who is contracted to the club until summer 2014, could look to secure a move away from Craven Cottage to get some first-team football under his belt.
He told the Chronicle: "It's difficult if you only get 10 or 15 minutes. It's very hard to get involved in the game, especially in my position.
The former Sunderland man, who could face his former team-mates at the Stadium of Light this weekend, is also worried he will lose his match fitness levels if he continues to just play a bit-part role.
"It's difficult to take," Etuhu added. "I do get frustrated but that's football.

http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/etuhu-drops-future-hint-1336184.html?

WhiteJC

Youth Cup Third Round

Fulham's Youth Team will face Carlisle United in the Third Round of the FA Youth Cup on Tuesday 13th December at Motspur Park. Kick-off will be at 7pm.

Ticket Prices

Adults £3
Under 16s & Over 65s £1

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/November/YouthCupThirdRoundFixture.aspx?#ixzz1e39b9Z5m