watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Other Blatter blathers

Started by aussierod, November 18, 2011, 02:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aussierod

Following are a selection of Blatter's other mis-judged quotes.
"I would say they should refrain from any sexual activities." Blatter in 2010 on the fact that homosexuality is illegal in Qatar, posing problems for gay visitors during the 2022 World Cup.
"Let's get women to play in different and more feminine garb than the men, in tighter shorts for example." Blatter on women's football clothing in 2004.
"If this had happened in let's say Latin countries then I think he would have been applauded." Blatter in 2010 on allegations that England captain John Terry had an affair with team-mate Wayne Bridge's ex-girlfriend.
"Crisis? What is a crisis? Football is not in a crisis." Blatter at a news conference in May 2011 amid Fifa's worst corruption scandal.
"There's too much modern slavery, in transferring players or buying players." Blatter suggesting Manchester United should sell Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid in 2008.
"I would say it is a little surprising that the motherland of football has ignored a sacrosanct law or belief that the national team manager should be from the same country as the players. I have never seen Italy, Germany, Brazil or Argentina with a coach from another country." Blatter in 2008 on the appointment of Italy's Fabio Capello as England manager.
"Every game should have a winner. When you play cards or any other game, there's always a winner and a loser. We should have the courage to introduce a final decision in every game of football." Blatter on abolishing draws in 2004.
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

LBNo11

...the guy is a walking disaster area, out of touch and living in the past, he has remained 'in office' by ruthlessly taking out any hint of opposition and ensuring by various nefarious methods that voting members of FIFA are 'beholding' to him.

With his CV he could be the next Italian president..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

finnster01

Quote from: LBNo11 on November 18, 2011, 05:16:17 PM
...the guy is a walking disaster area, out of touch and living in the past, he has remained 'in office' by ruthlessly taking out any hint of opposition and ensuring by various nefarious methods that voting members of FIFA are 'beholding' to him.

:011: This is no laughing matter though. People have lost their jobs for far less racist remarks than what blubber did, especially here in the US.

I happen to live in a pretty racially tense part of New York and get something thrown at me every day (usually a cracker or whitey comment). Doesn't mean I like it. Doesn't mean everyone says it. Doesn't mean I call them the n-word back etc. I have to admit to yelling COYW at the wrong time once, but that has nothing to do with race as we all (or most of us) know.

I just think in this day and age of (supposedly) improved education this really should not be an issue any more. My girlfriend is black, she is the most wonderful human being I have ever met, and her blood is the same colour as mine.

But to have the most influential man in football trivializing the issue will not help anyone. How dumb can this man really be?  096.gig
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

nevzter

Quote from: finnster01 on November 18, 2011, 06:16:27 PM

:011: This is no laughing matter though. People have lost their jobs for far less racist remarks than what blubber did, especially here in the US.

I happen to live in a pretty racially tense part of New York and get something thrown at me every day (usually a cracker or whitey comment). Doesn't mean I like it. Doesn't mean everyone says it. Doesn't mean I call them the n-word back etc. I have to admit to yelling COYW at the wrong time once, but that has nothing to do with race as we all (or most of us) know.

I just think in this day and age of (supposedly) improved education this really should not be an issue any more. My girlfriend is black, she is the most wonderful human being I have ever met, and her blood is the same colour as mine.

But to have the most influential man in football trivializing the issue will not help anyone. How dumb can this man really be?  096.gig

He's removed from reality.  Has he ever had a real job?  What is his background or qualifications to continue to hold his position?  I've always loathed him and this the final straw. 

Finn, maybe you can invite Blatter to Harlem and grab some dinner at a local joint?  I'd pay money to watch that take place  :011:

COYW
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

Fletchino

Can somebody find the film clip where he falls of the stage it sums him up what a bell end

Luke

Here's Davies..... It's on, It is on!!

MJG

The thing is get will never leave the job.
He reminds me of the quote Michael Caine  makes in the Italian Job..."It's a very difficult job and the only way to get through it is we all work together as a team. And that means you do everything I say"
The only way to get him out the job would be if the sponsors all pulled out.

cebu

Quote from: nevzter on November 18, 2011, 06:33:26 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on November 18, 2011, 06:16:27 PM

He's removed from reality.  Has he ever had a real job?  What is his background or qualifications to continue to hold his position?  I've always loathed him and this the final straw. 

Finn, maybe you can invite Blatter to Harlem and grab some dinner at a local joint?  I'd pay money to watch that take place  :011:

COYW

I'm sure Mr Blatter would resolve any problems that materialized by shaking hands.   :023:

Fletchino