watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

MLS - 2010 Season

Started by Steve_orino, March 12, 2010, 01:31:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McBridefan1

ya becks is only good enough for that crap italian league not a real league like we got... :015: :048:

YankeeJim

Quote from: McBridefan1 on April 07, 2010, 03:15:17 AM
ya becks is only good enough for that crap italian league not a real league like we got... :015: :048:

He wasn't starting there with any regularity. They do have the people to run onto his passes wher as the Galaxy have only Landon. And.....drum roll, he fits with that bunch of flopping, crying prima donnas.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

RidgeRider

Well, this maybe another year I don't follow this league but I will try. My local side, the San Jose Earthquakes, look to struggle again this year, starting out the season with a -3 GD after only one game. Admittedly last year the team was marred with injuries but it maybe another long season.....sigh........ :016:

Tom

Quote from: RidgeRider on April 10, 2010, 02:02:46 PM
Well, this maybe another year I don't follow this league but I will try. My local side, the San Jose Earthquakes, look to struggle again this year, starting out the season with a -3 GD after only one game. Admittedly last year the team was marred with injuries but it maybe another long season.....sigh........ :016:
RR, your local side Earthquakes really suck and are probably the worst team in the league! I don't follow MLS very closely either.
Fulham for life!

McBridefan1

They should move San Jose to St. Louis, no I mean the entire city not just the team.

Steve_orino

From everything I've heard and read, it's a crime that MLS hasn't given St Louis a franchise.  Obviously somebody has to step up and take ownership but along with the Northeast, St Louis seems the holding-rights to "Birth-place of Football in America"
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Logicalman

Quote from: Steve_orino on April 12, 2010, 12:12:23 AM
From everything I've heard and read, it's a crime that MLS hasn't given St Louis a franchise.  Obviously somebody has to step up and take ownership but along with the Northeast, St Louis seems the holding-rights to "Birth-place of Football in America"

thats the real problem with the way the MLS chiefs control the teams and league so much. Given a two/three-tier system with promotion relegation would allow teams to start up where there's a crowd for them, and then they can move into the top MLS league on merit, not just on checkbook.

McBridefan1

Quote from: finnster01 on April 26, 2010, 11:23:39 PM
Beckham out until November  :011:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/26/david-beckham-achilles-injury-recovery

I'd prostlatize the shlt out of him, make him go to all sorts of events... hell I'd rent him out for birthday parties... gotta get your money back somehow.

Augustino

Quote from: McBridefan1 on April 27, 2010, 03:49:45 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/26/david-beckham-achilles-injury-recovery

I'd prostlatize the shlt out of him, make him go to all sorts of events... hell I'd rent him out for birthday parties... gotta get your money back somehow.

McBridefan1: Agreed!
I think LA are still leading the league though, aren't they?
My poor Toronto FC had a decent run there but lost against Salt Lake away from home the other evening.

Tom

Quote from: Augustino on May 03, 2010, 02:30:11 PM
Beckham out until November  :011:

My poor Toronto FC had a decent run there but lost against Salt Lake away from home the other evening.
Yes, LA is leading the league and look who said they would be good even without Beckham.  :54:
Fulham for life!

McBridefan1

Quote from: Augustino on May 03, 2010, 02:30:11 PM

The important thing is the atmosphere you boys have at your stadium, is it still as good as it was the first couple of seasons? I remember watching a Toronto game and thinking man I should take a trip and see a game up there.

Steve_orino

Agreed McB!

The atmosphere is unreal, at least it appears to be on tv.  That's one team that's easy to wish well for, given the support they receive from their fans...
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

McBridefan1

Quote from: Steve_orino on May 04, 2010, 12:17:51 AM
Agreed McB!

The atmosphere is unreal, at least it appears to be on tv.  That's one team that's easy to wish well for, given the support they receive from their fans...

Well ya, that and the fact they aren't winning, makes it much easier... just kiddin, love to see that support.

Augustino

The atmosphere seems to get better with every passing game....

stadium expansion plans are in place and it was converted to natural grass (from turf) over the season break.

unfortunately toronto has had two of their key players retire in the past two seasons (dichio and brennan) but they are both staying with the club as management.

and we love to travel down to the states and chant "we don't pay for health care" :)
(mind you at Obama's rate that chant won't be as effective ....)