watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Not FFC related just wanted to say

Started by alfie, November 26, 2011, 09:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Went to Albert Hall last night to see Jools Holland, what an absolutely fantastic night, was a bit dubious when i heard his special guest was Sandie Shaw, but i tell you what she has not performed for 25 years and to be honest she was not my cup of tea, but last night this lady wowed us all, they done a real jazzy/blues arrangement for puppet on a string, and as for Ruby Turner what a power house, would recommend anyone to go and see, his piano playing is just well what can i say but magical.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

mrska

he usually plays abit of ska...  any last night Alfie?

alfie

Mr.S
yes he did, his trombone player (don't know his name) done a great version of "i'm in the mood for love".
also had Chris Difford doing his usual Cool for Cats
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Burt

Sounds like a top time was had by all.

My missus has always wanted to see George Michael live, not exactly my cuppa, but in the interests of keeping her sweet I got some tickets for his gig in Brum in a couple of weeks time. However we heard this morning he has pneumonia and has cancelled a bunch of dates. Not the Brum ones yet, but if its "proper" pneumonia rather than a itsy cold then the concert may well go by the wayside, much to the disgust of my missus.

What a brum do....

mrska

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Burt on November 26, 2011, 02:26:57 PM
Sounds like a top time was had by all.

My missus has always wanted to see George Michael live, not exactly my cuppa, but in the interests of keeping her sweet I got some tickets for his gig in Brum in a couple of weeks time. However we heard this morning he has pneumonia and has cancelled a bunch of dates. Not the Brum ones yet, but if its "proper" pneumonia rather than a itsy cold then the concert may well go by the wayside, much to the disgust of my missus.

What a brum do....

wahey.

I think you'll find the whole tour is off now. We just got a new set of non stick saucepans, including a poacher from tesco direct ............ just a thought

alfie

Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't

CorkedHat

I didn't mind Sandie Shaw when she was at her peak. I think it was her bare feet that sent my sap rising. The news that Adam Faith had been there was a bit off putting but you can't always be too fussy about who swept the chimney before you.
Mind you, at that time anyone who wore a dress and sang was good enough for me. The only exception was Danny La Rue but songstresses such as Nancy Whisky, Alma Cogan, Kathy Kirby, Lita Rosa, Clodagh Rogers (Oh Clodagh, lovely Clodagh), and Petula Clark could always find a place in my thoughts and anywhere else that took their fancy 092.gif
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: CorkedHat on November 27, 2011, 12:28:43 PM
I didn't mind Sandie Shaw when she was at her peak. I think it was her bare feet that sent my sap rising. The news that Adam Faith had been there was a bit off putting but you can't always be too fussy about who swept the chimney before you.
Mind you, at that time anyone who wore a dress and sang was good enough for me. The only exception was Danny La Rue but songstresses such as Nancy Whisky, Alma Cogan, Kathy Kirby, Lita Rosa, Clodagh Rogers (Oh Clodagh, lovely Clodagh), and Petula Clark could always find a place in my thoughts and anywhere else that took their fancy 092.gif

I bet Susan Boyle would cook you breakfast too mate !  086.gif

CorkedHat

Quote from: GoldCoastWhite on November 27, 2011, 12:32:25 PM
Quote from: CorkedHat on November 27, 2011, 12:28:43 PM

I bet Susan Boyle would cook you breakfast too mate !  086.gif

You don't look at the mantelpiece when you are stoking the fire. So long as she knows how to make some tattie scones and black pudding she'll be very welcome 090.gif

MrFantastic

I never heard of these performers are they older and only older crowd would know them or are they only known in Uk there
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

CorkedHat

Quote from: MrFantastic on November 27, 2011, 07:58:31 PM
I never heard of these performers are they older and only older crowd would know them or are they only known in Uk there

No Mr Fantastic - you have to be about sixty-five plus to know them, but other than Petula Clark I don't think any of them made an impact outside of Britain.

HatterDon

Quote from: CorkedHat on November 27, 2011, 11:45:20 PM
Quote from: MrFantastic on November 27, 2011, 07:58:31 PM

No Mr Fantastic - you have to be about sixty-five plus to know them, but other than Petula Clark I don't think any of them made an impact outside of Britain.

Sandie Shaw did, but it wasn't a lasting one. Jools Holland's TV program is on over here, so many would have seen.

By the way, the late night band that follows us at times plays "Surf Rock" music -- Dick Dale, Ventures, Al Meola, etc. etc. Last time we saw them the guitarist -- who's a Mexican by the way -- said he was gong to play a couple of numbers by a band that really influenced him, The Shadows. Hatter Mom, thinking she was making a joke asked, "That's the band that backs up Our Cliff, right?" I told her she was absolutely right and then went on for a minute about the brilliant guitar work of Hank Marvin.

I was VERY pleased that this guy knew Marvin's work.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MrFantastic

Wayne Newton is the only really older musician I listen to and his best song danke schoen or donkey chain as some people say it is that is the best song out there from those classic love songs
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

HatterDon

Quote from: MrFantastic on November 28, 2011, 06:36:31 AM
Wayne Newton is the only really older musician I listen to and his best song danke schoen or donkey chain as some people say it is that is the best song out there from those classic love songs

Well, Mr. F, I do believe you've stunned FofF into silence with that one.  :58:

TonyGilroy

Quote from: HatterDon on November 28, 2011, 02:08:56 PM

Don't you play in some sort of Wayne Newton tribute band?

HatterDon

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 28, 2011, 02:19:48 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on November 28, 2011, 02:08:56 PM

Don't you play in some sort of Wayne Newton tribute band?

Ouch a friggin mundo  :HD: