more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (22/11/11)...

Started by WhiteJC, November 22, 2011, 07:44:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Schwarzer Ponders!

In what was one of the dullest games I`ve seen this season, we remain grateful that Mark Schwarzer was able to do the business and keep out the last gaps effort that threatened to deprive us of a share of the spoils.

It remains an item of discussion as too how long Mark can continue to perform in the top flight.

After the game, the Australian keeper reminisced about a recent chat with another golden-oldie keeper, Brad Freidel, commenting,

"Brad is older than me but he has told me he`ll play for at least two more seasons. So I have to at least match that."

"There`s no deadline as far as club football is concerned but my goal in international football is to get to the World Cup in Brazil."

"I like to see myself goals and the international scene is going very well. We have qualified for the next stage with a game in hand and the national team manager Holger Oseick wants me to continue to play."

"I realised quite a while ago what a great life I`ve got."

"You have to be realistic and realise how privileged we are to play football for a living - especially at this level, in the Premier League, the best in the world, and I love it."

"The longer you go on the more I enjoy it, the more I look after myself, the more I train and as long as that is still working well and I am performing well I will keep playing."

"I am enjoying my football now more than any time in my career. Moving down south three years ago gave me a new lease of life."

It certainly did.

Moving away from the smog of Middlesbrough to the delights of performing by the rather quaint River Thames should be enough to prolong anybodies career!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=263105#ixzz1ePyykygd

WhiteJC

'70% chance' Spurs striker target makes England move
Tottenham Hotspur and Fulham target Amauri is likely to move to England in January

Juventus striker Amauri is likely to move to England in January, with Spurs and Fulham waiting to snap him up.

The Italy international's agent has told Italia 1 that the former Parma forward is certainly set to leave the Serie 'A' leaders. This has alerted Tottenham Hotspur and Fulham, who have both expressed an interest in the veteran.

Wages are the main reason he has not moved up until now, with The Mirror claiming he turned down moves to Fenerbache and Marseille in the summer and that Harry Redknapp sees him as an ideal addition to his squad.

Martin Jol has also been credited with showing an interest in the Brazilian-born player, especially now there are reports of Bobby Zamora possibly departing emanating from Craven Cottage.

Amauri hasn't played for the Bianconeri since January, although he did have a short loan spell at Parma last season, scoring seven goals in 11 games.

Ernesto Bronzetti said: "There is a 70% chance that Amauri will play in England, but there is also a possibility that he could join an Italian team.

"Palermo, Parma and Napoli did show an interest in acquiring the player but they could not afford his wages."

With Roman Pavlyuchenko set to leave White Hart Lane and Emmanuel Adebayor looking less and less likely to make his loan move permanent, Spurs could be faced with a forward shortage in January.

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/70-chance-spurs-striker-target-makes-england-move?

WhiteJC

Marsh Brown Departs

Fulham FC can confirm that Keanu Marsh Brown has today left the Club by mutual consent.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/November/KMBDeparts.aspx?#ixzz1ePzbADYG

WhiteJC

Kelly set for Arsenal return
by DAN on NOVEMBER 21, 2011

The Fulham Chronicle reports that Stephen Kelly is expected to return from injury in time to face Arsenal at the weekend.

The former Tottenham full-back picked up a groin injury in the Republic of Ireland's 4-0 play-off first leg win in Estonia during the international break and missed both the second leg and Fulham's draw at Sunderland on Saturday. With Zdenek Grygera also a long-term absentee, that forced Martin Jol to play the returning Aaron Hughes at right back in a makeshift back four.

Kelly, who has impressed with his first-team displays this season, should offer a conventional alternative at right back at the Emirates on Saturday night.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2011/11/kelly-set-for-arsenal-return/?

WhiteJC

QPR Preparing To Make An Audacious Bid For Fulham Hit Man

Queens Park Rangers are rumoured to be interested in Fulham striker Bobby Zamora and his club have set a valuation to fend off any interest.

Bobby Zamora's current contract runs out in 2014 and there have been rumours recently that QPR are interested in bringing the England international and are thought to be ready to make a move in January.

Zamora has netted five times in 11 appearances this season and in recent times was linked to a big move to Liverpool however that failed to materlise and he continued to play for Fulham however with reported interest in the 30-year-old, his current club have slapped a reported £15million price tag in an attempt to fend of any reported interest.

Neil Warnock is a known admirer of Zamora and is currently looking for an out and out striker to aide his teams attempt to stay in the League and with a generous amount of transfer money available to him in January from owner Tony Fernandes, he could move for the player in January.

http://www.footylatest.com/qpr-preparing-to-make-an-audacious-bid-for-fulham-hit-man/25508?#

WhiteJC

Schwarzer in no hurry to hang up his gloves as Fulham keeper eyes 2014 World Cup

Golden oldie Mark Schwarzer is enjoying the best spell of his career and says he has no intention quitting.

The 39-year-old Australia international has his eyes on making the 2014 World Cup Finals in Brazil. And he hopes he will still be pulling off his wonder saves for Fulham.

Schwarzer's heroics, and his woodwork, won Fulham a point at Sunderland at the weekend, much to Steve Bruce's chagrin.

Plenty of life left: Fulham's Mark Schwarzer (left) has been in fine form

'He's been a proven goalkeeper in the Premier League for 15 years,' said the Sunderland manager. 'He's been remarkably consistent, as good as you get.

'The save at the death was typical of him and what he can produce. He can produce a save like that which has kept his side in the match.'

Schwarzer won't set a retirement date but Premier League managers beware. He's planning to stick around for a few years yet.

He said: 'The longer you go on the more I enjoy it, the more I look after myself, the more I train and as long as that is still working well and I am performing well I will keep playing.

'There is no deadline. I have a goal in international football to get to 2014 whether that is possible or not, we will have to wait and see. It is small steps at a time.

'I am enjoying my football now more than any time in my career it has been a big new lease of life moving down south. It gave me a big boost.

Aussie rules: Mark Schwarzer

'I had a fantastic time at Middlesbrough, probably the most successful time in the club's history and I loved every minute of it but it was time for a change and time to kick on.

'I realised quite a while ago what a great life I've got. You have to be realistic and realise how privileged we are to play football for a living and at this level in the Premier League, the best in the world and I love it.

'There is no age limit. I look at Brad  Friedel and he is older than me and he has told me he will play for at two more season so I have to at least match that.

'There's a few older ones like Brad and myself. It encourages guys when they are reaching their mid-30s that there is no reason why it should end.

'It's that old saying that you have to look after yourself a bit better, manage yourself, work hard and I think you appreciate everything more.

'Brazil is my goal without a doubt. I like to set myself targets to work towards and so far the international scene is going very well we have qualified for the next stage with a game in hand and the manager of the national team is very supportive of me and he wants me to continue to play and I am. And I am enjoying it.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2064552/Mark-Schwarzer-hurry-quit-Fulham.html#ixzz1eQ0ZAPzW

WhiteJC

Kelly eyes Gunners return

Fulham are set to be boosted by the return of Stephen Kelly from injury for Saturday evening's trip to Arsenal.

The full-back was ruled out of Saturday's goalless draw against Sunderland at the Stadium of Light after picking up a groin injury during the Republic of Ireland's 4-0 Euro 2012 play-off first leg win in Estonia on November 11.

However, it is being reported that Kelly is progressing well and he is likely to be in Cottagers boss Martin Jol's plans at the Emirates Stadium this weekend.

The news will be a boost for Jol as he had to play the fit-again Aaron Hughes at right-back in a make-shift back four at Sunderland given that Zdenek Grygera is a long-term absentee with a cruciate knee ligament injury.

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/fulham/kelly-eyes-gunners-return-1339644.html?#.Tsub5mAlE98

WhiteJC

Cottagers on Juve ace alert

Fulham are thought to be ready to swoop for Juventus striker Amauri after his agent said there is 'a 70% chance' he will go to England.

The 31-year-old forward is looking to depart the Italian giants in the January window having failed to force his way into the first team since the turn of the year.

And, while several clubs in Italy are thought to be interested in taking Amauri, his agent, Ernesto Bronzetti, revealed that his likely destination will be the Premier League where Cottagers boss Martin Jol and Tottenham are thought to be pondering a bid. "There is a 70% chance that Amauri will play in England," Bronzetti Italia 1. "But there is also a possibility that he could join an Italian team."

He added: "Palermo, Parma and Napoli did show an interest in acquiring the player but they could not afford his wages."

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/fulham/cottagers-on-juve-ace-alert-1339638.html?#.TsucPGAlE98

WhiteJC

Schwarzer's Save

Mark Schwarzer pulled off a spectacular late save to deny Sunderland at the Stadium of Light on Saturday, blocking Stéphane Sessègnon's injury-time shot with his leg after it had deflected off the defender Philippe Senderos.

It was another world class performance by Fulham's Australian international last weekend and both managers were full of praise for the goalkeeper after the match.

Fulham Manager Martin Jol:

"He [Schwarzer] does that all the time. He's got a lot of experience and great quality, so I am happy he is our goalkeeper."

Sunderland Manager Steve Bruce:

"He's [Schwarzer] been a proven goalkeeper in the Premier League for 15 years. He's been remarkably consistent, as good as you get.

"The save at the death was typical of him and what he can produce. He can produce a save like that which has kept his side in the match."

Mark Schwarzer on his 2014 World Cup Finals target:

"The longer I go on the more I enjoy it, the more I look after myself, the more I train and as long as that is still working well and I am performing well I will keep playing.

"There is no deadline. I have a goal in international football to get to 2014 whether that is possible or not, we will have to wait and see. It is small steps at a time.

"There is no age limit. I look at Brad Friedel and he is older than me and he has told me he will play for at two more seasons so I have to at least match that.

"There's a few older ones like Brad and myself. It encourages guys when they are reaching their mid-30s that there is no reason why it should end.

"It's that old saying that you have to look after yourself a bit better, manage yourself, work hard and I think you appreciate everything more."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/November/SchwarzerSaveSunderland.aspx?#ixzz1eRGHTPqn

WhiteJC

Ruiz Confirmed!

Summer signing Bryan Ruiz will be joining Clint Dempsey at Christmas at the Cottage on Tuesday 6 December (6pm-8pm).

A further three First Team players will be joining Fulham's attacking duo for a fun-packed family evening at the Craven Cottage.

Carol Singers, Santa, mince pies and mulled wine, Christmas at the Cottage will undoubtedly get you into the Christmas spirit. What's more, the event is free to attend so why not pop down to Craven Cottage and enjoy an evening with your favourite Fulham players.

Keep an eye on fulhamfc.com over the coming days for details of the three First Team players that will be joining Clint and Bryan at Craven Cottage for the Club's wonderful Christmas event.

A limited number of places are available for our Christmas at the Cottage Dinner. Find out more and book your place today!

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/November/RuizChristmasCottage.aspx#ixzz1eRGYNHND

WhiteJC

New Books Available

Come and have a look at the latest books available today, all of which have been written specifically to grip every reader with Fulham in their hearts.

What better way to celebrate the Whites' decade in the Barclays Premier League than ordering the Ten Years at the Top Book? This brilliant 198 page collector's edition of Fulham history reflects back upon our incredible journey that has quickly become the most successful run in the Club's history - from near disaster, to the Europa League Final and beyond. With some amazing memories to share as well as a fantastic selection of high quality imagery and memorable quotes, you can relive all of the moments that capture the unique spirit of Fulham Football Club.

Another new book for you to get your hands on is the Century of Memorable Matches. This collection of 100 key fixtures brings to life the history of our beloved Club and features all of the essential milestones during our rise through the tiers of English football. This is certainly a must have for all loyal Fulham fans - allowing you to once again experience all of our inspirational wins and promotions, as well as remembering some dazzling goals that have been scored along the way.

Finally, you can dive further into Fulham's past with the When Football was Football book.  This nostalgic view back into the Club's history, from the early days until promotion in 2000/01, includes unpublished photos that document the rise, fall and rise again of London's oldest professional football club. Enjoy the various commemorated moments including Fulham's trip to Wembley in 1975 and the rise through the League's in the late 1990s, all presented in a wonderful book that highlights the passion and true personality of Fulham Football Club.

Don't miss out on today's special offer 'A biography of Martin Jol', including interviews and contributions from many stars and colleagues he has worked with along his path. This amazing book is at the exclusive price of just £3.00 for one day only, so don't miss out and purchase yours today!

Browse the online store for more information on these timeless books, as well as many other additions than have recently become available for you to purchase today.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/November/NewBooksAvailable.aspx#ixzz1eRGm2lym

WhiteJC

Bolton Retail Offer

If you're searching for discounted tickets to see Fulham play at Craven Cottage, look no further. The Fulham retail stores are giving you the opportunity to receive 50% off an adult ticket for Bolton Wanderers' visit to West London.

When you spend a minimum of £20 in one of our official stores, you will automatically qualify for a half price adult ticket; so you can secure your seat at this fixture for as little as £15!

With junior tickets also priced at just £1 thanks to the return of our popular Kids for a Quid matchday, why not take the whole family out this Christmas and experience the electrifying atmosphere of a Barclays Premier League encounter at Craven Cottage.

This offer is only valid from 9am on Monday 21st November until 9am Monday 28th November, so head down to either the Fulham Road store or the Stadium store as soon as possible because there are only a limited number of seats available. Your ticket must be redeemed at the time of purchase, and you'll also get a fantastic view of the entire pitch from your seat in the Putney End! (Block P1)

*Adult ticket only (Kids for a Quid offer is available for this match). Must be a minimum spend of £20 and redeemed at time of purchase, one per person per transaction. Instore only. Half price adult ticket only applies to the home game vs Bolton Wanderers on 17/12/11. Valid from 9.00am 21st Nov – 9.00am 28th Nov. Limited number of seats available  and will be allocated in Putney End P1 only.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/November/BoltonRetailOffer.aspx#ixzz1eRH2MItN

WhiteJC

Tor's Travels: Sunderland
by TOR on NOVEMBER 22, 2011

Apologies for the delay in posting but I have only just woken from the snore-fest that was Saturday's match against Sunderland. Don't get me wrong, excitement is not always the best thing, and I'm happy that we came away with a point but it would've been nice if *something* had happened. In the match, I mean. I was with two other people on Saturday and between us we managed to get distracted by the police; the seagulls; the glimmer of the sun on the roof of another stand; chocolate brownies; Twitter; pondering where those chaps in the leotards kept their wallets....

*sighs*

Annoyingly, the one really exciting thing – Mark Schwarzer's superhuman save right near the end – was up the other end of the pitch and I couldn't see it properly. That's no reflection on the Stadium of Light by the way, I like it there and it's probably one of my favourite away trips but even my 20/20 vision can't see through the crowd of players in the opposite box at that distance.

*shrugs*

Not sure what else to say really. There was nothing. No banter between the fans, no terrible decisions to berate the referee for, no beach balls... We have been playing better (prettier, more attacking) football recently but even that was seemingly left down in London. One newspaper review I read yesterday suggested that the Europa League run is already taking its toll on our squad, together with the recent spate of injuries and the international week in which a number of key squad members played their little socks off, maybe we can just put this down to a bad day. I hope so, because I'm not travelling to Swansea, Twente and Norwich in December to stare at bloody seagulls.

NB Tor's Travels will be absent next week as I'm not going to Arsenal. It smelt funny last time.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2011/11/tors-travels-sunderland/?

WhiteJC

Agent drops Cottage target hint

Fulham are thought to be ready to swoop for Juventus striker Amauri after his agent said there is 'a 70% chance' he will go to England.

The 31-year-old forward is looking to depart the Italian giants in the January window having failed to force his way into the first team since the turn of the year.

And, while several clubs in Italy are thought to be interested in taking Amauri, his agent, Ernesto Bronzetti, revealed that his likely destination will be the Premier League where Cottagers boss Martin Jol and Tottenham are thought to be pondering a bid.

"There is a 70% chance that Amauri will play in England," Bronzetti Italia 1. "But there is also a possibility that he could join an Italian team."

He added: "Palermo, Parma and Napoli did show an interest in acquiring the player but they could not afford his wages."

http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/agent-drops-cottage-target-hint-1339638.html?