https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (25/11/11)...

Started by WhiteJC, November 25, 2011, 07:12:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Schwarzer: No regrets over Arsenal move
by DAN on NOVEMBER 25, 2011

Mark Schwarzer insists he has no regrets over how his transfer to Arsenal fell through and is keen to earn a new contract with Fulham.

The Australian goalkeeper looked set to move to the Emirates at the start of last season, but Arsenal failed to meet Fulham's valuation for their keeper. The 39 year-old has continued as the club's number one under Martin Jol and hopes to trigger an option in his current contract that would earn him a one-year extension by continuing to make the sort of fine saves that kept out Sunderland last weekend.

Fulham go to Arsenal in the Premier League on Saturday and Schwarzer insists his focus is fully with his current club:

You can never harbour any regrets. What was done was done and you move on.

The minute I signed a new deal at Fulham the whole situation was dealt with, otherwise I wouldn't have re-signed. I'm more than happy where I am and I've said from the day I arrived at Fulham that I love playing here. It's been a great time in my career.

Who knows [if I will finish my career here]? That would be great but you never say never.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2011/11/schwarzer-no-regrets-over-arsenal-move/?

WhiteJC

New Signature Range

The Fulham Signature range features stylish, executive apparel that has been suitably designed for all social occasions.

For example, the black Signature Full Zip Jacket is of excellent quality, featuring four pockets with popper fastenings, an interior pocket and a tonal embroidered FFC to the top right pocket. With fine detail including a small Fulham signature stripe tab and back neck tape, this is without doubt classy outerwear.

The black V Neck Sweater is also part of the Signature Executive collection. Made almost entirely of lamb's wool, the high quality Sweater is fashionable and designed for lightweight warmth. At just £44.99, this is certainly fantastic value for money.

For a smart and classy finish, the Signature Leather Belt is ideal. It features the executive design discreetly to the belt loop and is suitable to fit 32" - 38" waist. Combined with the Fulham Cufflinks, these smart accessories provide a stylish finish.

Have a look at our other new items in the Fulham Signature Range for a brilliant selection of fashion that is available for you to buy today.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/November/NewSignatureRange.aspx?#ixzz1eiH8yxyZ

WhiteJC

Fulham, West Brom and QPR all eyeing Portugal keeper

Eduardo Carvalho has issued a 'come and get me' plea to the Premier League – with Fulham, West Brom and QPR all keen on the Portugal keeper.

The 29-year-old is currently on loan at Benfica from Serie A side Genoa but, having lost his place in the national side, is now looking to kickstart his career in England.

Carvalho, who starred for Portugal in the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, almost joined Arsenal last season when it looked like Manuel Almunia was on his way out of the Emirates but the Gunners' interest ended after the emergence of Wojciech Szczesny.

Now he is wanted by QPR boss Neil Warnock, who is keen to bring in competition for first choice stopper Paddy Kenny.

But QPR are not the only top-flight club keen, with Fulham also in the hunt for another keeper to compete for the number one jersey with Mark Schwarzer, having sent David Stockdale to Ipswich for the season.

West Brom are also weighing up a move for Carvalho as loan keeper Ben Foster's future hinges on whether Birmingham win promotion back to the Premier League.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1315/98/fulham-west-brom-and-qpr-all-eyeing-portugal-keeper?

WhiteJC

Arsenal vs Fulham: Match Preview & Prediction

Arsenal host Fulham in Saturday's evening kick off with the home side favourites to extend their winning streak in the Premier League to six when they face Fulham.

Arsene Wenger's side return to domestic action following their 2-1 victory over Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League on Wednesday night that saw them became the first English side to progress from the group stages of this season's Champions League.

Fulham have produced just 2 wins in their opening 12 Premier League games under Martin Jol. Last weekend they had Mark Schwarzer to thank for a good save at the end of the game as the visitors came away with a 0-0 draw at Sunderland.

The Cottagers have looked poor domestically under the former Tottenham manager, picking up just 11 points heading into a busy and tough schedule between now and new year.

Robin van Persie is the player of 2011 as he heads into this game with 13 league goals to his name this season and off the back of a midweek brace against German Bundesliga champions, Borussia Dortmund. The Dutchman will be Arsenal's biggest threat, as per usual heading into this match.

The pace either side of him is a threat, with all of Theo Walcott's Premier League assists in 2011 being notably tucked away by van Persie himself. Gervinho, wasteful last weekend in Arsenal's 2-1 win over Norwich is another pacey forward who has caused defences problems this season, but is often let down by his decisions to hold onto the ball for too long.

This pace going forward for Arsenal is a favourable match up when they face a Fulham defence consisting of Aaron Hughes, Chris Baird, Brede Hangeland and John Arne Riise. The latter in particular I still believe is overrated.

Those previously-mentioned forwards of Arsenal have both Mikel Arteta and Aaron Ramsey to play in the centre of the pitch providing them with through balls to latch onto and general build up play for Robin van Persie and co to feed off.

Alex Song, who's great run against Borussia Dortmund on Wednesday night to setup the opening goal is the holding midfielder. His lack of discipline to maintain his position and stride forward and out of position could see both Clint Dempsey and Danny Murphy with space on the counter attack in this game. The pair have 5 goals between them so far.

Up front, Bobby Zamora has 3 goals in the Premier League so far this season; all coming at Craven Cottage. Andy Johnson's three goals all came against Queens Park Rangers in a freak 6-0 victory.

Fulham are struggling to score goals under Jol and have just 3 in their 6 away games this season. 2 of those came in their 2-0 victory at Wigan.

This game is on TV Saturday evening and I'm expecting to see Arsenal dictating the game. While Fuham will try make the game as frustrating for both the opposition and fans by playing very defensively, I expect Arsenal to break them down one way or another.

Like last weekend, I think the bookmakers are being more generous than they should by pricing up Arsenal at 1.47 currently. I don't expect a Champions League hangover or 90 minutes of resilience from Fulham. This is a home win.

Submitted by Barrie

http://football-talk.co.uk/49444/arsenal-vs-fulham-match-preview-prediction/?

WhiteJC

Odds on Mousa

After opening his League account in Fulham's 0-2 victory over Wigan Athletic at the DW Stadium in late October, Mousa Dembele is rated at 14/1 by Bet Butler to score the first goal of the game against Arsenal at the Emirates on Saturday.

Dembele has become Martin Jol's preferred striking partner for Bobby Zamora in recent weeks and Fulham's England international is rated at 10/1 to open the scoring agaisnt the Gunners.

Bet Butler are offering odds of 8/1 for Fulham to gain their first every victory at the Emirates this weekend whilst a 3-2 Fulham win can be picked up at 80/1!

Find out all the latest match odds ahead of Saturday's game and open an account with Bet Butler today and to get access to the best prices through just the one account. You can also follow Bet Butler on Twitter @thebetbutler for all the latest Fulham news and prices and your chance to win tickets and signed shirts.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/November/ArsenalOdds.aspx?#ixzz1eib3xj7e

WhiteJC

Scouting Report: Arsenal v Fulham

Before every Arsenal fixture, we'll bring you a Scouting Report on the Gunners' next opponents.

Former Arsenal midfielder Stewart Robson will give his pre-match view and you can get his post-match verdict in our Talking Tactics feature on Arsenal Player.

Arsène Wenger and his side host Fulham at Emirates Stadium in the Premier League on Saturday so, to find out more, we also asked journalist Paul Warburton for his thoughts and analysis.

STEWART ROBSON
"In midfield Danny Murphy and Dickson Etuhu complement each other perfectly. Murphy has an excellent passing range while Etuhu is a great athlete who breaks up play with his tough tackling and interceptions.

"When these two play well Fulham become a formidable team to play against and Arsenal must be aware of them on Saturday."

PAUL WARBURTON, KENSINGTON & CHELSEA NEWS
"It's a pretty straightforward formation really. There's four across the back, kind of a diamond in midfield and usually two strikers. Although in this case there will probably be one - Zamora is the man who is going to hold up the ball and playing off him will be either Moussa Dembele or Andy Johnson.

"It's been a bit of a slow affair from them to be honest this season. It's more to do with having Europa League games that have interfered with preparation for Premier League matches. It's simply the nature of having a midweek game followed by a weekend game - they've been very much hit and miss to tell you the truth.

"I think Fulham will be looking to hit on the break. Needless to say, with Robin van Persie on fire at the moment they have got to be expecting a strong attacking threat. Arsenal look to go forward - they are basically the attacking side of the league - so you have to look to nullify that threat before you can spring a trap at the other end.

"That said, dead-ball situations could be key. You do have Brede Hangeland who has the possibility of getting on the end of those and I think that is Fulham's best bet to score.

"They have conceded goals late on, however. They should have got points against Tottenham and Everton before where they conceded late goals. I think that the defence has probably been unlucky recently because it has suffered injuries and disrupted plans. Aaron Hughes has been the bedrock of the central area with Hangeland but has been in and out of the team. They have had to reshuffle a lot.

"Grygera, the Czech right-back, is out for the rest of the season with a cruciate ligament injury. It's not been as certain as it has been in recent years in defence.

"Their away record has not improved to anything noticeable either. Wigan was a one-off two weeks ago, but then again I think poor Wigan are in for a struggle. They've won away in Europe, but then again the quality of opposition has not necessarily been of Premier League standard. The truth of the matter is that they've recorded something like four away wins in three seasons.

"The games I've seen at the Emirates have been fairly close in truth. If I'm talking about head and heart here I guess my head would say 2-1 to Arsenal and my heart a 1-1 draw."

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/scouting-report-arsenal-v-fulham?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arsenal-news+%28News+Feed%29

WhiteJC

Derby Day Travel

Fulham take on Arsenal at the Emirates on Saturday (KO 5.30pm) and Martin Jol's team will be backed by 3,000 supporters making the trip across the Capital to the Emirates Stadium.

The Club would like to make travelling supporters aware of planned closures and disruptions on the tube network this weekend that may affect travel plans. All the latest information and updates are now available on the TFL website.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/November/ArsenalTravel.aspx?#ixzz1eicDH6iJ

WhiteJC

Arsenal    v    Fulham

By Jonathan Pearce
BBC Match of the Day commentator
Barclays Premier League
Venue: Emirates Stadium Date: Saturday, 26 November Kick-off: 1500 GMT Coverage: Watch highlights on Match of the Day; listen on BBC Radio 5 live and local radio; text commentary on BBC Sport website and mobiles

Robin van Persie is enjoying a prolific 2011, with 31 league goals so far

TEAM NEWS
Arsenal midfielder Abou Diaby could make his first league appearance of the season after making his comeback from an ankle injury in the midweek European win over Borussia Dortmund.

Tomas Rosicky may return after a thigh injury, but full-backs Carl Jenkinson and Kieran Gibbs are not expected to return before Christmas.

Fulham winger Damien Duff is poised to make his 400th league appearance.

Steve Sidwell and Stephen Kelly are both injury doubts.

MATCH PREVIEW
Robin is flying and Alex is on song as Arsenal make nonsense of their early-season critics. They've won five successive league games for the first time in 20 months and 11 of their last 13 matches in all competitions. There's little to suggest Fulham can end their wretched away record at the Gunners, where they've never won.

Van Persie still has a possible seven games left in which to smash Alan Shearer's record number of goals in a calendar year
Robin van Persie is unstoppable right now. His finishing is deadly and his overall reading of a game is highly astute. He has led from the front as Arsenal have surged back up the table and into the knockout stages of the Champions League.

The Flying Dutchman has netted 44 goals in 50 games for club and country this calendar year at an average of 0.88 goals a game. That's a better strike rate than Lionel Messi. Only Cristiano Ronaldo can better it with 53 in 55 games!

He's now gunning for records. His 13 goals in the first 12 league matches has only ever been bettered in the Premier League by Les Ferdinand, who hit 14 by this stage but failed to score in game 13.

The Arsenal captain has netted 31 Premier League goals in 2011. Only Alan Shearer (36 in 1995) and Thierry Henry (34 in 2004) have scored more in a calendar year.

Alex Song has had a huge influence on Arsenal's rekindled form. His powerhouse display against Dortmund was one of the strongest seen by a central midfielder this season in the Champions League. Over the past year he has learned when to make his runs and when to hold, and he no longer gives away too many silly free-kicks.

There are still defensive flaws and Fulham will be a danger at set-pieces. But their away form in the Premier League has been very poor over the years.

If Arsenal are to finish in the top four, they have to win games like this.

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head

Arsenal have never lost at home to Fulham in any competition (W22, D3).
Fulham have only mustered six goals in their 10 Premier League visits to Arsenal and have never scored more than once in any of those matches.

Arsenal
Arsenal have won five successive Premier League matches for the first time in 20 months.
They have conceded a league-high 29% of goals from shots from outside the penalty area this season.
Robin van Persie has scored 13 league goals this season - as many as all of Fulham players combined.
According to Opta, all eight of Theo Walcott's goal assists in 2011 have been to set up van Persie.

Fulham
Fulham have won just 12 of their last 101 away matches in the Premier League.
They have used 20 players in the Premier League so far, fewer than any other team.
Manager Martin Jol failed to win in all seven London derbies against Arsenal when he was in charge at Tottenham (D3, L4).
Mark Schwarzer's record of five clean sheets this season is a tally matched only by Swansea's Michel Vorm.
Damien Duff is poised to make his 400th league appearance.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15802804.stm?

WhiteJC

Exclusive - Baird: 'Zamora offers England something different'

Fulham defender Chris Baird believes Bobby Zamora deserves another England chance - because he offers Fabio Capello something different.

The striker , who has won two caps, started his first international against Sweden earlier this month, but was replaced after 70 minutes by Darren Bent and reports suggested he may have squandered his best opportunity to impress ahead of next summer's European Championship finals.

Baird, though, feels the former Brighton, Tottenham and West Ham star can make the step up to the next level.

He told talkSPORT: "If he keeps performing the way he has been, I can't see any reason why not. I know England have loads of great strikers but Bobby offers you something different.

"He's a great target man who holds the ball up really well and, when in the box, he can get among the goals. If he can do it for us, he can do it for England."

Baird will line up alongside Zamora on Saturday as they attempt to beat an in-form Arsenal side at the Emirates. And he insists they won't be over-awed.

He added: "We're confident, we're a good footballing side and we know we can go there and give them a game. It's always going to be hard, the quality they have in the team and they are on fire at the minute. But we've got nothing to lose.

"We have played really well in games but the luck's not been with us. It's got to change eventually. If we do the good things we have been doing, then results will come our way and we can start climbing the table."

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/1316/26/exclusive-baird-zamora-offers-england-something-different?

WhiteJC

Arsenal v Fulham preview
Arsenal aim to continue their march up the table against Fulham

Arsenal could win six consecutive Premier League games for the first time in almost two years as they play Fulham on Saturday evening.

The last time they achieved such a feat was in March 2010 as they clinched a sixth straight win against West Ham.

The recent run underlines their revival since losing to rivals Tottenham in October and they now sit seventh in the table.

The Gunners' next three fixtures are against teams currently in the bottom half of the league, with a trip to Wigan and a home game with Everton coming after Fulham's visit.

Arsene Wenger's side are also on a high after becoming the first English club to qualify for the knockout stages of the Champions League after beating Borussia Dortmund on Wednesday.

Robin van Persie's influence on Arsenal's form cannot be underestimated with the Dutchman having scored 10 of their last 15 goals in all competitions.

To make matters worse for Fulham, Van Persie has scored in three of the last four meetings between the two sides.

The Cottagers hover above the relegation zone and are just two points clear of 18th placed Bolton.

Martin Jol's side have often found it hard to score on their travels this season - netting in only two of their six away games.

The odds are stacked against them having never beaten Arsenal away from home and they have taken just three points at their London rivals' home ground in over 100 years.

Team news

The Gunners still have problems in defence, with Carl Jenkinson, Bacary Sagna and Kieran Gibbs injured with long-term problems.

But Abou Diaby is pushing for a start after returning as a substitute in Wednesday's win in the Champions League.

Arsene Wenger may continue with the starting XI that featured against Borussia Dortmund, meaning Laurent Koscielny would remain at right-back.

Fulham have no new injury concerns since last week's 0-0 draw at Sunderland as Zdenek Grygera continues to miss out after suffering an injury against Tottenham.

Chris Baird has been playing at right-back in Grygera's absence and is likely to stay there.

Steve Sidwell, who has not played since the defeat by Spurs, could make a return to the side while John Arne Riise will make a comeback after missing last week's trip to the Stadium of Light to be at the birth of his son.

Possible starting XIs

Arsenal: Szczesny, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Santos, Arteta, Song, Ramsey, Walcott, Van Persie, Gervinho

Fulham: Schwarzer, Baird, Hangeland, Senderos, Riise, Dempsey, Murphy, Etuhu, Duff, Dembele, Zamora

http://www.skysports.com/football/match_preview/0,19764,11065_3408144,00.html?

WhiteJC

Time to release Ruiz?
by DAN on NOVEMBER 25, 2011

Martin Jol's use of his substitutes at Sunderland was a source of major irritation last weekend. In a game that was gradually opening up, the Fulham boss waited until well into the last ten minutes to play his trump card: Bryan Ruiz. In fairness, the Costa Rican had been waiting for a few minutes for the ball to go out, but his brief cameo offered little opportunity for our £10.5m signing to influence the game. Indeed, his most notable contribution was a crucial tackle on Phil Bardsley in his own penalty area.

The debate about how to use Ruiz has focused on helping him acclimatise to English football. His only start for the club, against Blackburn back in September, resulted in a half-time substitution. Since then, he's been solely used as a substitute, helping to stretch the play – usually with Fulham chasing a goal – to great effect. He has been a willing worker for the team, dropping deep to pick up possession, and often finding a killer pass to release a team-mate. But Fulham are lacking something in the offensive third at the moment and it seems counter-intuitive to leave a man who we signed to add flair and creativity on the bench.

There are also signs that Ruiz is getting to grips to the pace of the Premier League. His performance against Everton – not just the terrifically taken equaliser, but his harrying of the visiting defence – and the pace and power he showed as Fulham nearly clawed their way back into the game against Spurs suggest that he's no longer overawed by the physicality of the English game. The worry in past weeks was that fielding him against some of the more physical sides could result in him being cynically nullified or, worse, pick up a serious injury.

Sooner or later, Jol will have to find a place for him in a side that is still misfiring. Tomorrow's trip to Arsenal seems like the perfect opportunity. Match fitness isn't a problem – Ruiz captained Costa Rica in their entertaining 2-2 draw with Spain ten days ago and comfortably lasted the whole 90 minutes. Nor are Arsenal the sort of side who will kick him out of the contest. Indeed, Ruiz might flourish by highlighting some of Arsenal's defensive deficiencies and with the likes of Zamora and Dembele able to profit from a few more through balls, could be an assist if we are to end our awful run at Arsenal.

The obvious place to use him would be wide on the right, but if Jol opts against keeping much of his familiar line-up, he could play just behind Bobby Zamora. That might mean sacrificing Andy Johnson, but Jol has made much of his desire to have his side playing more football away from home. The resultant displays have been encouraging – and far more open than much of what we witnessed under Roy Hodgson – but this would be a bold statement of attacking intent. Ruiz certainly won't be able to influence the game from the Emirates bench, after all.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2011/11/time-to-release-ruiz/?

WhiteJC

GunnersGaming Preview: Arsenal v Fulham

GunnersGaming by Betsson, Arsenal's Official Betting Partner, give us the rundown on some of the markets on offer ahead of Saturday's London derby against Fulham...

Saturday will see Emirates Stadium play host to its first London derby of the season as Fulham make the trip north to tackle the in-form Gunners. The Cottagers find themselves at the wrong end of a tightly-packed mid-table having been somewhat of an enigma this season.

They are the only team to have taken points off Manchester City and scored an incredible six goals past QPR, but maintaining that form over a season that started all the way back in June has proved their biggest undoing.

Last season saw Arsenal edge a closely-fought battle 2-1 at home before being held to a 2-2 draw on the final day of the campaign.

Robin van Persie and Theo Walcott both scored that day and on current form who would bet against those two repeating their feats when the teams line up on Saturday evening? Van Persie to score first is a well-fancied 5/2 (3.5) and Walcott to strike in an Arsenal win is available at an attractive 11/5 (3.2).

If the clash follows the pattern of last season's games there seems a good chance of seeing more than 2.5 goals, available at 9/14 (1.65).

Arsène Wenger's side are on a terrific run of form, having won eight of their last nine games in all competitions. They have also won 10 of their 12 games at Emirates Stadium this season, so it is no surprise that an Arsenal win is well backed at 7/15 (1.48).

A repeat of last season's 2-1 win priced at 71/10 (8.15) looks good value, especially when you consider that the Gunners have played out six 2-1 wins already this season.

With Fulham sure to try and put the shackles on the unstoppable Van Persie, perhaps that could provide others with space and opportunities. Gervinho at 8/5 (2.6) and Arteta at 3/1 (4.0) will both be hoping to add to their goal tallies for the season.

GunnersGaming would like to wish the team all the best against Fulham. If you're new to GunnersGaming.com there is no better time to get started as we will refund your first three non-winning bets (up to the value of £25) and double your first deposit in the casino (up to the value of £200).

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/gunnersgaming-preview-fulham?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arsenal-news+%28News+Feed%29

WhiteJC

Duo doubts for Cottagers

Fulham boss Martin Jol has injury doubts over Steve Sidwell and Stephen Kelly for the tough trip to London rivals Arsenal on Saturday.

Both players are facing a race against time to be ready for the clash at the Emirates and will be assessed before the game as Jol's men aim to put a dent in the Gunners' recent charge up the table.

There are no other fresh injury worries for the Cottagers, so Jol must decide whether to recall Andrew Johnson up front while Bryan Ruiz will also hope for a start after a disappointing start to his career in the Premier League.

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/fulham/duo-doubts-for-cottagers-1341519.html?#.Ts-RmmAlE98

WhiteJC

Lee Dixon: Confident Arsenal to attack Fulham into submission

Lee Dixon is purring about his old club's forward play and, with attack the best form of defence for the current Arsenal side, is calling Saturday's late kick-off a comfortable home win...

Match Odds/Asian Handicap
With all due respect to Fulham this looks like a classic mismatch. Arsenal are bang in-form, powered by the goals of the hottest striker in the Premier League, while Fulham are still finding their feet under Martin Jol and sit 17th in the table, level on points with Wolves and Sunderland.

That, of course, translates into tight odds - 1.48 - about the home win. But I must have Arsenal on my side this weekend. When confident, no Premier League side is more dangerous than the Gunners and, right now, after five straight Premier League wins, Arsene Wenger's side are very confident.

Let's take Arsenal to win by two goals or more on the Asian handicap (-1.5).

Over/Under 2.5 Goals/Correct Score
Fulham's away games have been the lowest scoring in the league so far with just nine goals scored in total. Then again, they meet an Arsenal side in good form, who have netted 12 times in six home games. It's a bit of a headscratcher!

Thomas Vermaelen's return has been big for the home side, but the current defensive unit is not one of the finest vintages in Arsenal's history and the current side is at its worst when the defending and best when attacking.

It would be suicidal for Fulham to attempt to ride out 90 minutes of the home attack and with players of the calibre of Bobby Zamora and Clint Dempsey they can trouble their London rivals.

Overs it is for me then, but the temptation is to play a few scorelines - 3-0 and 3-1 seem likely final scores for me and give the option to trade a little if the game pans out as I expect.

First Goalscorer
He will be a short price but how could you not back Robin van Persie? Read the following Opta stats and tell me you aren't going to back him on Saturday: 31 goals in 29 Premier League games in 2011; seven in four appearances at the Emirates; five in seven games against Fulham.
And it was another brace on Wednesday night - the man is demanding to be backed!

Recommended Bets

2pts Back Arsenal -1.5 on the Asian Handicap @ 2.36 (you are backing Arsenal to win by two goals or more)
2pts Back Over 2.5 goals @ 1.75
1pt Back 3-0 & 3-1 correct scores @ 12.5 & 13.0
2pts Back Robin van Persie to score first

http://betting.betfair.com/football/premiership/lee-dixon-confident-arsenal-to-attack-fulham-into-submissi-251111.html?

WhiteJC

Gignac surely on his way out of l'OM

Exciting times for Andre-Pierre Gignac. According to this article in l'Equipe:

Gignac had a barny with Deschamps after not being picked for a recent Champions League game
Gignac threw a water bottle and was asked to apologise to the group
He refused. Deschamps then asked Gignac to cease using the "tu" (familiar) form of address, and to switch to the "vous". Gignac reciprocated (this is a fairly big deal in France, I think)
Gignac then "emptied his bag" in front of the group (essentially unloading all his frustrations), blaming Deschamps for all kinds of problems
Some teammates share Gignac's concerns, so Deschamps is in a sticky position.

Marseille are skint, so can't sack Gignac (he has a big contract), but at this point he's clearly a problem.  This means that he's almost certainly on his way in January, but perhaps more importantly, he should be available at a knock-down rate as Marseille almost have to get rid.  A loan may be an option, but under the circumstances something more permanent may be a more efficient move.

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2011/11/25/gignac-surely-on-his-way-out-of-lom/?

WhiteJC

Arsenal vs Fulham: Home win looks the banker of the weekend
Fulham have not won a Premier League away game against a fellow London team since 2003

The fact that Fulham have never won an away game with Arsenal and are generally dreadful when travelling to fellow London clubs in the Premier League means it is hard to see anything other than a home win at the Emirates.

Celebrations will have been rife at Arsenal in recent days after sealing their progress to the Champions League knockout stages, but this should not stop punters believing they can follow up with another quick victory.

Arsenal have won their last two Premier League games directly following a Champions League occasion and this time there has been no travelling involved.

Therefore, Arsenal's odds of 4/9 to beat Fulham look solid.

It is hard to state much of a case for Fulham, as they have triumphed in just one of their last nine games against Arsenal and lost 22 of their 25 career away games with the Gunners.

Throw in that they have failed to win a London derby away from home in the Premier League since 2003, a run of 34 games, and it shows the task they have emerging victorious at the Emirates.

However, some will say that this run will have to end at some point and optimistic punters can get 6/1 on a Fulham victory, with the draw priced at 10/3.

Fulham's chances may be given a substantial boost if Wenger decides the time is right to rest Robin Van Persie.

The Dutchman has already played twice this week and Arsenal have a crunch Carling Cup tie with Manchester City in midweek upcoming that they will want Van Persie ready for.

Thus, he may be left on the bench against Fulham, which in turn could offer some value in the first goalscorer market.

Summer signing Park Chu-Young is still to make his Premier League debut and could be worth siding with at 7/1 to score first, given that he will have a point to prove and reason to impress the fans.

http://news.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/football/premier-league/arsenal-vs-fulham-home-win-looks-the-banker-of-the-weekend_082943.html

WhiteJC

SitnSee Backpack Offer

For this weekend only, make the most of another opportunity to receive a special discount from the Fulham retail stores.

Online, instore and direct, you can get your hands on the Fulham Stadium Booster Seat Backpack at an amazing price of just £12.49 – that's 50% off!

This fantastic, Fulham branded, black and white stadium booster seat backpack is the perfect item for when you are bringing the little ones along to Craven Cottage this Christmas.

Suitable for 4+ years, the innovative SitnSee booster backpack also has spacious storage inside with a drinks pouch and label/ticket holder. But not only that, it doubles up as a booster seat with insulated padding for comfort and a pack away rainproof cover to protect the seat.

This is the ideal backpack for children to use to improve their viewing when sat in the stadium on the match days – giving them the best seat in the ground to celebrate all the goals scored by their Fulham heroes over future seasons to come.

Make sure you and your children don't miss out, buy today before the price rises back up to £24.99 on Monday.

Happy Christmas!

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/November/SitnSeeBackpackOffer.aspx?#ixzz1ejVGVOAX

WhiteJC

Arsenal v Fulham Preview

It`s the short trip to North London this Saturday afternoon for a showdown with Arsenal. Covered live by ESPN those Fulham supporters unable to get tickets for the clash can watch the action unfold live on the television. But, it promises to be a hard grind to get anything from a side now flying high after an indifferent start.

Vital Quotes:
A clash with Arsenal will, inevitably, bring to the fore the recent speculation that Mark Schwarzer could well have been keeping for Arsenal with a transfer being mooted several times in the recent past.

Talking of such a move, Schwarzer has set the record straight, remarking,

"You can never harbour any regrets. What was done was done and you move on."

"The minute I signed a new deal at Fulham the whole situation was dealt with, otherwise I wouldn`t have re-signed. I`m more than happy where I am and I`ve said from the day I arrived at Fulham that I love playing here. It`s been a great time in my career."

"Who knows [if I will finish my career here]? That would be great but you never say never."

Well I, for one, am grateful he never moved on!

Arsenal Team News:
High-flying Arsenal, with at 8-2 drubbing at Old Trafford now nothing more than a bad memory, are likely to be without the following injured players this Saturday for our visit, Carl Jenkinson and Kieran Gibbs, both of whom are out until around the Christmas period.

Possibly returning after injury is Tomas Rosicky whilst Abou Diaby could make his first Premier League appearance since picking up an ankle injury.
Player to watch: Robin van Persie
The Dutch striker is scoring for fun at the moment averaging almost a goal a game. He`s one of the best finishers,, if not the best, in the Premier League and could derail our hopes of getting something from this game.

Fulham Team News:
Although Grygera is a long term doubt, Martin Jol will be hoping that both Stephen Kelly and Steve Sidwell can shake off injury concerns.

Dickson Etuhu is likely to cover for Sidwell if he is unable to pass a fitness test whilst Jol could opt for a back four of Senderos, Baird, Hangeland and Hughes if Kelly isn`t fit.
Player to watch: Brede Hangeland
Once rumoured to be an Arsenal target, the Norwegian could / should deliver the kind of commanding performance that will make Arsene Wenger regret spending on the German centre back, Metasecker, although we`re not grumbling!

Match Facts & Stats
Anyone ridiculing my doubts about getting anything from this fixture might like to consider the following statistics.

In 25 fixtures on Arsenal turf, we`ve never won with Arsenal winning 22 times and drawing 3 times.

As for goals relieving the doom, we`ve scored 6 in our last 10 visits but have never scored more than 1 in a game!

And as for our away form in the Premier League, we`ve won a paltry 12 out of the last 101

It`s all doom and gloom!

Match Prediction:
I reckon, considering our away form and the form Arsenal are in at the moment, that I`d be carted away in a strait jacket if I predicted a Fulham win for this one. Therefore, is the best we can hope for a draw? Either way, come Sunday morning that Premier League table will still carry a menacing look about it with the relegation trap-door firmly in our sites!

Next Fixtures:
Our next Premier League fixture has us entertaining Liverpool next weekend. Before then we do have a Europa League fixture against FC Twente, on Thursday, in Holland

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/matchprere.asp?a=263604#ixzz1ejVbAy37

WhiteJC

Injury News

During his pre-match press conference ahead of Saturday's London derby against Arsenal at the Emirates, Manager Martin Jol revealed the latest injury news.

Jol will welcome John Arne Riise back to his starting eleven after the defender missed last weekend's match against Sunderland. However, Fulham will be without the following First Team players at the Emirates.

Steve Sidwell

"He is still recovering from his hernia operation. It's disappointing because we thought it would take ten days but it's taking a bit longer. Hopefully he will be fit next week."

Stephen Kelly

"Stephen picked up an injury to his right thigh when he was on international duty so he won't be available on Saturday."

Damien Duff

"Damien has a little problem with his calf so he won't be involved against Arsenal."

Simon Davies

"Simon will be back in the next two weeks. He will play a game with the Development Squad first and then hopefully join the First Team."

Zdenek Grygera

"Grygera is a long term injury and he will be out of action for about five or six months after his operation in December."

Orlando Sa

"Orlando is back in training this week but won't be ready Saturday's match."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/November/ArsenalTeamNews.aspx?#ixzz1ejW1CJpf

WhiteJC

ROSICKY IN GUNNERS CONTENTION

Arsenal report no fresh injury problems ahead of Saturday's Premier League clash against Fulham at the Emirates Stadium.

Midfielder Tomas Rosicky (thigh) could be in contention after missing out against his old club Borussia Dortmund in midweek, while Laurent Koscielny is set to continue at right-back in the absence of Carl Jenkinson (back) and Bacary Sagna (ankle).

Midfielder Ryo Miyaichi (ankle) remains out, as does Jack Wilshere (ankle) and Kieran Gibbs (hernia).

Fulham will be without several first-team players.

Republic of Ireland winger Damien Duff will miss the game at the Emirates Stadium with a problem with his right calf, while international team-mate Stephen Kelly is also sidelined with a thigh injury.

Steve Sidwell (hernia), Zdenek Grygera (cruciate), Orlando Sa (hamstring) and Simon Davies (knee) are also missing, although John Arne Riise returns after missing last week's clash at Sunderland due to the birth of his son.

Teams:

Arsenal (from): Szczesny, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Mertesacker, Santos, Walcott, Song, Ramsey, Arteta, van Persie, Gervinho, Fabianski, Frimpong, Chamakh, Arshavin, Diaby, Benayoun, Djourou, Rosicky.

Fulham (from): Schwarzer, Etheridge, Riise, Hangeland, Baird, Hughes, Dembele, Briggs, Kasami, Murphy, Gecov, Etuhu, Dempsey, Frei, Johnson, Zamora, Ruiz, Kacaniklic.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/11/25/manual_134352.html