more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (25/11/11)...

Started by WhiteJC, November 25, 2011, 07:12:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Cottage target reveals snub reasons

Mikael Lustig claims the lure of success and regular action helped Celtic see off competition from clubs like Fulham for his signature.

Cottagers boss Martin Jol had been heavily linked with the 24-year-old Sweden international defender with a view to signing him on a pre-contract agreement from Norwegian side Rosenborg as he was set to fall out of contract next summer.

However, Celtic have beaten the Londoners and several other interested parties to Lustig's signature as he says the lure of first-team football and a chance to win silverware appealed more to him than a bigger pay packet.

"This moves feels good," Lustig said in the Daily Record.

"I'm joining a club where people believe in me and that will help me develop my game. "

I'm aware Celtic were following me for a long time and that means this was not a panic transfer.

"That means a lot and is one of the main reasons I've joined. That and the fact they are a huge club. "

The thought has been in my mind for a long time that I was leaving Norway and I had to be careful and think long about my next club.

"If it had just come down to money there were chances for me to go somewhere else and get a better contract in a better league. "

But I wanted playing time and I wanted to feel I'd be valued."

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2011/11/24/Cottage-target-reveals-snub-reasons/gnid-119028/?

WhiteJC

Young Fulham Striker Loaned to Hayes & Yeading

Blue Square Bet Premier club Hayes & Yeading United have taken young Aussie striker Corey Gameiro on a month`s loan from Barclays Premier League side Fulham.

Hailing from the Port Kembla suburb of New South Wales, Gameiro was one of the first Australians to try his luck in Fulham`s Academy.

After a difficult settling in period, Gameiro is a popular member of Kit Symons' squad and one with a lot of potential.

An industrious striker with bags of pace and skill he has a keen eye for goal and an ability to turn a game.

He is regarded as one of Australia's brightest prospects and has already earned an under-20 call-up.

http://www.footballconference.co.uk/news/details.php?news_id=5947

WhiteJC

Epsom & Ewell Sports Awards

Epsom and Ewell Borough Council recently hosted their first ever Sports Awards and Fulham FC Foundation had two young people shortlisted. The sports awards were designed to recognise the success and hard work of individual sports men and women, as well as local teams and sporting projects that are having a positive impact on their local community.

Fulham FC Foundation's Longmeadz Kickn Project, works with young people between the ages of 10 and 18, at risk of social exclusion, living on the Longmeads Estate in Epsom. The project provides them with two nights a week of football along with education workshops. In February 2012 a new girls session will be launched.

Longmeadz participant, Connor, was nominated for the Surrey County Playing Fields Association Young Volunteer of the Year Award and Paige, nominated for the Epsom Gymnastics and Trampoline Club Young Sports Personality of the Year.

The event was held at the prestigious Epsom Downs race course in the Blue Ribbon room within the Queen Elizabeth II stand. Connor and Paige were both up against talented young sports men and women from Epsom, including Great British athletes.

Unfortunately they were both unsuccessful in winning the award. However the fact that they were both nominated shows just how far both Connor and Paige have come on the programme and the hard work they have both put in. The Foundation is very proud of their efforts and commitment.

If you are interested in finding out more about how to join the Longmeadz Kickin project or other projects run by the Fulham FC Foundation please contact www.fulhamfc.com/foundation or 0870 442 5432.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/November/EpsomEwellSportsAwards.aspx?#ixzz1ehOud23o

WhiteJC

Gameiro Loaned

Young Fulham striker Corey Gameiro has joined Hayes and Yeading on loan for one month.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/November/GameiroLoaned.aspx?#ixzz1ehPI6ht7

WhiteJC

Arsenal v Fulham – Preview : High-Flying Gunners Welcome Home A Struggling Fulham Outfit

After a determined night of Champions League football in which Arsenal showed their 'gritty' side, it is time for them to channelize all their energy onto the league. They have won five league games on the trot and another win can take them to the much coveted Top Four. Since the defeat at White Hart Lane, the Gunners have picked up a series of victories with confidence at a very high within the team.

The chemistry of the side has also improved and new recruits have seamlessly blended into the kind of game played at the club. The tremendous form of Dutch striker van Persie has given the rest of the team a boost, a target to follow, a benchmark to attain! The defensive effort put together by the entire team has helped van Persie in playing a free role and score with charitable ease. The back-four consists of three centre-backs but Koscielny has played at right full-back earlier in his career and is a very clever and adjusting football player. Playing against a struggling Fulham side, Arsenal are expected to pick up full points at home.

The Cottagers are weary this season with all the European adventures. The thin squad doesn't really help the cause, as they looked quite tired in the stalemate at the Stadium of Light last weekend. They have performed quite poorly on the road, having picked up just one win in their six road-trips. Martin Jol, who has been a London Derby rival of Arsene during his Tottenham days, is finding it hard to play with a compact squad who are 'giving away' games due to exhaustion. They started admirably at the Stadium of Light, but looked jaded during the later stages of the game. It will be an enormous task to upset the high-flying Gunners at their home, but in the game of football, anything can happen. .

Team News and Tactical Brief
Arsenal
On the injury front, Abou Diaby returned back to the squad in the Champions League game, he even got some valuable minutes in his bag. He can be a very influential player on his day, classy in execution and temperamental in approach. If Alex Song needs a breather in certain games, Diaby can be incorporated in the team, though he is far less adept with his defensive abilities compared to the Cameroonian. Thomas Rosicky picked up a minute thigh injury in training before the Dortmund game and is still out for the London Derby. No further news of a new injury has been reported after the game in midweek.

Arsene Wenger might be tempted to rest a few players who have played a lot of games in recent times, but it is too irresistable a temptation to play the same side yet again, the chemistry of the team being simply fantastic right now. Yossi Benayoun came off the bench in the last game and showed some moments of brilliance, so he might be one candidate for the starting line-up. The back-four should be ideally unchanged, with Koscielny looking very solid at right full-back sans the attacking abilities. Meanwhile, Santos has been overtly attacking yet quite astute as a defender too; he has shown some very good control with the football, much expected from a Brazilian anyway.

If one of van Persie, Theo Walcott and Gervinho has to sit out, it has to be the man from Ivory Coast. The African, quite excited with his African Footballer of the Year nomination, has been very wasteful in front of goal. Though, Andrei Arshavin can be given a chance, it is still a dilemma for the manager as the Russian doesn't possess the same defensive abilities that Gervinho has. Apart from these, the rest of the team picks itself on current form.
Possible Starting Line-Up (4-2-3-1): Szcznesy; Koscielny, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Santos; Song, Arteta; Theo, Ramsey, Gervinho; van Persie

Fulham
Fulham haven't won a London derby in the last eight years which counts 34 games. They are team firing at home, and not showing up on their travels. Midfielder Steve Sidwell and defender Stephen Kelly are both suffering from injuries and are a doubt for this fixture. Simon Davies has been declared fit but he lacks match fitness due to a long time injury layoff. Mark Schwarzer, 39, meanwhile, has been talking up about his game and that he has no retirement plans in the near future; infact, he has even given the 2014 World Cup a possible target. The Australian had been in news earlier with Arsenal planing for a capture of the keeper a season back before Szczesny became a 'monster in front of the goal'.

Fulham captain and former Liverpool man, Danny Murphy is the fulcrum of the team; his contribution is crucial for the side. Otherwise inspirational Clint Dempsey has been a little off-color recently, unable to finish off the game at Sunderland with a glorious chance. The American is expected to lead the line with Bobby Zamora. Another former Arsenal target, Hangeland will be in the center of defense with Hughes. Damien Duff is another attacking threat for the visitors, but with age, Duff doesn't possess the pace and trickery he used to show in his Chelsea days. Another fantastic player of his time, John Arne Riise will fulfill left full-back duties.
Possible Starting Line-Up (4-4-2): Schwarzer; Baird, Hughes, Hangeland, Riise; Duff, Murphy, Sidwell, Dembele; Dempsey, Zamora

Key Facts
The Cottagers have never won at Arsenal, losing 22 of their 25 visits to the North of London.
van Persie has 5 goals in the 7 starts against Fulham.
Arsenal hosted Fulham for the first time in an FA Cup game in 1903, stays undefeated to this day, at home.
Robin van Persie has 31 goals in 29 games in this Calendar Year.

TheHardTackle's PLAYER TO WATCH OUT FOR
Alex Song (Arsenal)
It is almost impossible not to have Robin van Persie as the Key Man, but we have given the Dutchman some rest on this column. The Cameroonian, who was elected MoM in the game at Dortmund, is now a vital cog in the team. "Song is everywhere" – the commentator on that night stated. He indeed is! Alex Song, not only provides defensive solidity, he even can create some magical goals out of the blue.

TheHardTackle's PREDICTION
Arsenal 3 – 0 Fulham

It is too much of a task for Fulham to upset an incredibly 'on the up' Arsenal side. The home team can have one of those days, but it looks very unlikely that such a day can happen any time soon. With van Persie, Aaron Ramsey and Mikel Arteta are expected to keep the score-board ticking. A comfortable home-win for the Gunners!
Note: The game is dedicated to the charity 'Save the Children'. For more info and to donate, visit their website.

http://www.thehardtackle.com/2011/arsenal-v-fulham-preview-high-flying-gunners-welcome-home-a-struggling-fulham-outfit/?

WhiteJC

Beating Arsenal by using Wild Things tactics

In Where The Wild Things Are, Max is transported to a far and distant land where... the wild things are... and initially looks to be in some danger.  But Max is no mug and uses his guile to win the wild things over, specifically by staring them down and showing he's not afraid. Then they respect him and, more importantly, effectively allow him to take them over. Eventually they all spend three double pages having wild fun together.

There are obvious parallels between Max and the wild things and Fulham and Arsenal.  Max was in some distress when he first set out on his journey (he had been sent to his room), just as Fulham are now (we have fewer points than we think we should have). But from this distress comes strength and ultimately belief, belief to stand toe to toe with big and frightening foes, to take them on at their own game and trust in his ability to do this.  It works and he leaves the Wild Things as conqueror, on his own terms.

There we go. How to beat Arsenal.

That and stop Robin van Persie.

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2011/11/24/beating-arsenal-by-using-wild-things-tactics/?

WhiteJC

SZCZESNY - GUNNERS HAVE NO FEAR

Wojciech Szczesny claims Arsenal will not fear anyone in their current form - but warned against taking Fulham's challenge lightly at Emirates Stadium.

Arsene Wenger's men are a team transformed from earlier in the season, now having won 11 from 13 games in all competitions after a brace from in-form captain Robin van Persie helped beat Borussia Dortmund on Wednesday night to secure safe passage into the last 16 of the Champions League.

"I don't think we'll struggle with complacency. For us every game is massive now," Szczesny told Arsenal Player. "We have needed to get some points to catch up with the teams at the top of the table. The Fulham game is massive for us and I am sure we'll be up for it."

Szczesny added: "It is fantastic that we don't fear playing against anyone.

"We are very confident going into each game and feel like we have what it takes to get the three points.

"We keep winning so I hope we keep that habit going and win every single game from now on."

Midfielder Alex Song feels Arsenal are finally starting to gel into an effective unit.

"Maybe some people are very hard on Arsenal, I don't know why," the Cameroon midfielder said.

"We want to show everyone is wrong about us and we did very well - but we don't want to stay in the same situation now and just say, 'everything is working and we will just keep on like this'.

"We want to push ourselves to try to look forward."

http://www.express.co.uk/football/view/285944/Szczesny-Gunners-have-no-fear?

WhiteJC

Lawro's prediction

Arsenal v Fulham (1730 GMT)
A London derby, but at the moment if Robin van Persie is fit then Arsenal win and you can't see anyone stopping him.

He cannot do anything wrong, the ball is following him at the moment and he is getting all sorts of goals.

Fulham are not great away from home and will make it hard for Arsenal but the Gunners will win this at a canter.

Arsene Wenger was getting grief two months ago but look at how quickly football can change. All the pressure is on Chelsea now.

Prediction: 2-0

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/football_focus/15861497.stm

WhiteJC

Robbie Savage column

If Bobby Zamora wants to be on the plane to Euro 2012 then games like Saturday's ESPN match are the ones he's got to shine in.

I've got huge respect for Bobby because I know how hard it is to come back from a broken leg. He's a good guy, too.

But despite his ban, you've got to take Wayne Rooney to the Euros and at the moment I would put Zamora behind Daniel Sturridge, Darren Bent and Danny Welbeck too.

So he must seize his chances to shine in the big games because, at the moment, does he change a game in the European Championship? Not for me.

I don't give Fulham much chance against a reborn Arsenal and though Martin Jol's side don't really excite, they will be OK in the Premier League this season and for a few to come.

It's a well-run club with a good manager and perhaps another waiting in the wings in Danny Murphy, who has a huge tactical brain.

I think Danny will be a very good boss for someone one day soon.

It goes without saying that, after 21 goals in his last 19 games, Fulham will have their work cut out dealing with Robin van Persie.

It's not so much that he has improved this season - he had always been this good.

The difference is that he finally has people in areas who can provide for him.

Gervinho has settled in well and the idea that Theo Walcott lacks a final ball must be over.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/robbie-savage/Robbie-Savage-column-After-Samir-Nasri-s-boxer-shirts-here-s-the-dirty-truth-about-footballers-underpants-article834529.html

WhiteJC

Spurs head race for whizkid Ibe

SPURS want to snap up Wycombe kid Jordan Ibe.

The strike ace, 15, has been watched by the club academy's head of youth recruitment Richard Allen.

Ibe has had interest from Fulham, Manchester United and Liverpool.

But Spurs are set to fend off rivals with a £500,000 bid.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3958481/Spurs-head-race-for-Wycombe-whizkid-Jordan-Ibe.html

WhiteJC

Fulham chase Ivory Coast star

Fulham boss Martin Jol is in the hunt for Vitesse Arnhem striker Wilfried Bony.

The Ivory Coast international, 22, has been in red-hot form since joining from Sparta Prague last summer.

The Cottagers are interested, but Bony's goals have also alerted Udinese and Villarreal.

Bone up on friend Bony here:
Bony Wilfried - I'm Not Afraid [HD]

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Fulham-transfer-gossip-Wilfried-Bony-Vitesse-Arnhem-and-Ivory-Coast-striker-is-target-article834680.html

WhiteJC

Juventus Market: Motta like Stuttgart and Fulham, Kuzmanovic arrives?

Marco Motta is one of the players for Juventus with a suitcase ready. Never used by Antonio Conte if not in the midweek friendly, so far found no chance even on the bench, going to occupy a permanent seat in the stands. During the winter market window, the former defender of Roma and Udinese could then move abroad for some time followed by Stuttgart, Motta has some other day admirers in England, Fulham, as reported by 'itasportpress. it ', he would find the cost of the card.

Beppe Marotta currently evaluates about 6 million euros difficult to recover the amount in question, but if the Juventus general director succeed in the enterprise, this treasure could be used to return to the assault of Martin Caceres, eclectic Uruguayan defender who is already was to Juventus during the 2009-2010 season, and has recently expressed his desire to play the black and white jersey.

Alternatively, the same amount or slightly more, the Bianconeri midfielder could make much coveted by Conte, to relieve the trio of wonders Pirlo Marchisio-Vidal: Never mind the only alternative, in fact, as reported by the German press , could accompany Zdravko Kuzmanovic, former Fiorentina midfielder and currently own at Stuttgart. The Serbian player is right in the prototype built by the Count, and if the German club was so much interested in Motta, you may wish to consider an exchange that would be happy with both clubs.

http://juvemania.it/mercato-juventus-motta-piace-a-stoccarda-e-fulham-arriva-kuzmanovic/

WhiteJC

Fulham keeper has no regrets over failed Arsenal switch

MARK Schwarzer insists he has no regrets not joining Arsenal – and has set his sights on a new deal at Fulham.

The Australian keeper was heavily linked with a move to the Gunners last year, but was priced out of a switch to the Emirates.

Schwarzer went on to sign a new deal at Craven Cottage, but that is due to expire at the end of the campaign.

However, the 39-year-old is hopeful of triggering the option in the contract that would extend his stay in SW6 for another season.

Schwarzer, who will have a chance to show Arsenal what they're missing in tomorrow's clash in north London, told the Chronicle: "You can never harbour any regrets. What was done was done and you move on.

"The minute I signed a new deal at Fulham the whole situation was dealt with, otherwise I wouldn't have re-signed.

"I'm more than happy where I am and I've said from the day I arrived at Fulham that I love playing here. It's been a great time in my career.

"Who knows [if I will finish my career here] That would be great but you never say never."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/11/25/fulham-keeper-has-no-regrets-over-failed-arsenal-switch-82029-29837634/?#ixzz1ehVvJIBR

WhiteJC

FM Preview: Arsenal v Fulham 26 Nov 2011

This week FootyMad's match preview focuses on the game between Arsenal and Fulham at 17:30 on 26th November 2011 in the Premier League.

History of the Arsenal v Fulham fixture

Fulham face a trip to Arsenal at Emirates Stadium at tea-time on Saturday, looking to break their duck against the hosts. The Cottagers have lost on no less than 22 of the 25 visits.

The most recent encounter between these two sides was less than a year ago, in December 2010, the Gunners carving out a narrow 2-1 victory in a Premier League match.

Recent encounters between the teams
Season   Date   Team   Result   Team   Comp
2010/2011   Sun 22 May   Fulham   2 - 2   Arsenal   Premier League
2010/2011   Sat 04 Dec   Arsenal   2-1   Fulham   Premier League
2009/2010   Sun 09 May   Arsenal   4 - 0   Fulham   Premier League
2009/2010   Sat 26 Sep   Fulham   0 - 1   Arsenal   Premier League
2008/2009   Sat 28 Feb   Arsenal   0 - 0   Fulham   Premier League
2008/2009   Sat 23 Aug   Fulham   1 - 0   Arsenal   Premier League
2007/2008   Sat 19 Jan   Fulham   0 - 3   Arsenal   Premier League

Recent respective form guides
Arsenal are unbeaten in their last six home games, winning five of them, and drawing the other one. These high-scoring games have yielded a total of 12 goals for the Gunners, with 4 goals against.
Fulham have an average recent record on the road, with two wins, two draws, and two defeats. The Cottagers's have a narrow positive goal difference over these games, with 4 goals for and 3 against.
Arsenal lie just outside the playoff positions in the Barclays Premier League, picking up 22 points from their 12 games so far.
Fulham are hovering perilously just above the relegation zone, with 11 points from 12 matches.
Current overall team form
Team   P   W   D   L   F   A   P
Arsenal   6   5   1   0   14   6   16
Fulham   6   2   1   3   8   8   7
For a detailed analysis of current team form guides in this or any division, click here

FootyMad's prediction ...
With Fulham not hitting the right notes away from home at the moment, the Madmen safely assumes that Arsenal will ease to victory over the Cottagers. Home win

Sequence statistics
Team   Sequences
Arsenal   Unbeaten in the last 10 home games.
Won their latest 3 matches.
Not drawn a match in their last 3 .
Fulham   No win in the 2 most recent games

http://www.fulham-mad.co.uk/news/prev/fm_preview_arsenal_v_fulham_26_nov_2011_714690/index.shtml?

WhiteJC

POLL: Premier League interest forced Jewell's hand over Richard Wright

PAUL Jewell has backed the returning Richard Wright to push David Stockdale all the way in the race for the Blues number one spot.

The current custodian has been largely blameless despite conceding more goals than any other keeper in the Championship this season.

But Stockdale will now face competition from Ipswich boy Wright, back at the club for the third time, as well as Arran Lee-Barrett.

And Jewell believes the 34-year-old won't be content with just playing second-fiddle to Stockdale, explaining: "Richard has been training with us all summer and he has been absolutely terrific.

"He's keen as mustard, he comes back in the afternoons – even though he's not been getting paid – and is a credit to the game. I was thinking about maybe giving him something until the end of the season. Then Kenny Jackett (the Millwall manager) phoned me up and asked me about Richard – so I signed him.

"I think QPR came in as well but with Richard being on the doorstep here, and having close ties with Ipswich, he was delighted to sign."

Although the deal is only until the end of the season, Jewell believes Wright still has a few good years in him yet.

He said: "He's not that old for a goalkeeper and he has been terrific in training. You never know what happens – we have Stocky on a 24-hour recall and there is a lack of goalkeepers out there. Richard is definitely in the reckoning – I've got a decision to make now between who is on the bench between him and Arran Lee-Barrett."

With tomorrow's home match against Reading something of a must-win following four straight losses, Jewell admitted he was considering changes – both in personnel and formation.

He should be able to welcome back influential midfielder Keith Andrews who is making good progress from his broken nose suffered while on international duty.

But there was less welcome news for former Reading stalwart Ibrahima Sonko who is unlikely to win his race to be fit after tearing his hamstring.

Former Reading skipper Ivar Ingimarsson, who spent almost eight years at the Madejski Stadium, is expected to start alongside Danny Collins in the heart of the Town defence.

Daryl Murphy should come back into contention after his 45 minutes with the reserves in midweek, but one young lad who might have to bide his time a little longer is 15-year-old Byron Lawrence.

Asked about whether he would consider the schoolboy in tomorrow's squad, Jewell said: "It wouldn't faze him, but it's just picking the time and place for us to stick him in."

In a poll on this website earlier this week, 46% of people who voted wanted to see Lawrence included in tomorrow's matchday squad, a further 31% thought it was too soon but they wanted to see the teenage starlet at some stage this season.

http://www.greenun24.co.uk/ipswich-town/poll_premier_league_interest_forced_jewell_s_hand_over_richard_wright_1_1136591?

aussierod

Quote from: WhiteJC on November 25, 2011, 07:13:38 AM

Young Fulham Striker Loaned to Hayes & Yeading

Blue Square Bet Premier club Hayes & Yeading United have taken young Aussie striker Corey Gameiro on a month`s loan from Barclays Premier League side Fulham.

Hailing from the Port Kembla suburb of New South Wales, Gameiro was one of the first Australians to try his luck in Fulham`s Academy.

After a difficult settling in period, Gameiro is a popular member of Kit Symons’ squad and one with a lot of potential.

An industrious striker with bags of pace and skill he has a keen eye for goal and an ability to turn a game.

He is regarded as one of Australia’s brightest prospects and has already earned an under-20 call-up.

http://www.footballconference.co.uk/news/details.php?news_id=5947

I'd seen this guy before in another article and couldnt believe he was from around the same place as I am. Not really heard much of him back home to be honest but he has been over here for a little while now and is still quite young. Hope he does well
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

WhiteJC

Exclusive - Schwarzer: 'Robin Van Persie is on a par with Messi and Ronaldo'

Mark Schwarzer believes Robin Van Persie is as good as Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Arsenal striker is in the form of his life at the moment and is the Premier League's top scorer with 13 goals already this term.

The Dutchman also scored twice in midweek as the Gunners beat Borussia Dortmund to book their place in the last 16 of the Champions League, and Schwarzer knows just how much of a threat he will pose to Fulham at the Emirates on Saturday evening.

The Australian keeper told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast: "Van Persie is a fantastic player, not just because he's scoring lots of goals, but because of the quality he has.

"The run he's on at the moment is something special. He is one of the most in-form players in Europe, if not the world, and not far behind Messi and Ronaldo. I'd put him on a par [with them] and it will be tough for anyone to try to contain him."

Schwarzer insists, however, that Fulham won't be travelling to north London merely to make up the numbers.

He added: "We know Arsenal's quality, they've got it all over the pitch in every position, but we'll take the game to them.

"The one thing with playing Arsenal is you do get the opportunity to play football. They're not the sort of team to try to steamroller you, they do give you a chance.

"We can go there and have a go. It's only logical that everyone will expect Arsenal to win at home against most teams , other than perhaps the top four. But as players we believe in our own ability and know what we're capable of. We know we can go there and perhaps cause a bit of an upset."

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/1315/55/exclusive-schwarzer-robin-van-persie-par-messi-and-ronaldo?

WhiteJC

Szczesny eyes 'massive' Fulham game

Wojciech Szczesny claims Arsenal will not fear anyone in their current form - but warned against taking Fulham's challenge lightly at Emirates Stadium.

Arsene Wenger's men are a team transformed from earlier in the season, now having won 11 from 13 games in all competitions after a brace from in-form captain Robin van Persie helped beat Borussia Dortmund on Wednesday night to secure safe passage into the last 16 of the Champions League.

Goalkeeper Szczesny, however, maintains Arsenal must remain focused if they are to keep up the challenge of a top-four place.

''I don't think we'll struggle with complacency. For us every game is massive now,'' Szczesny told Arsenal Player. "We have needed to get some points to catch up with the teams at the top of the table. The Fulham game is massive for us and I am sure we'll be up for it.

''It is fantastic that we don't fear playing against anyone. We are very confident going into each game and feel like we have what it takes to get the three points. We keep winning so I hope we keep that habit going and win every single game from now on.''

Midfielder Alex Song feels Arsenal are finally starting to gel into an effective unit. ''Maybe some people are very hard on Arsenal, I don't know why,'' he said.

''We want to show everyone is wrong about us and we did very well - but we don't want to stay in the same situation now and just say, 'everything is working and we will just keep on like this'. We want to push ourselves to try to look forward.''

Song also feels they're still missing the influence of Jack Wilshere, who is out injured until the New Year. "Jack is a very good player. We need everyone," he said. "When we have everyone in the team we are stronger and more confident. We need every player because we have a lot of games.

"We don't just think about if Jack is coming back. Everybody has their job to do in the team. I hope Jack will come back soon and Bacary [Sagna] as well and when everybody comes, we will see Arsenal playing.

"Jack is a good player, we have good players in the team and everybody is just trying to do their job. We never know who starts the game - the boss makes the choice. Today I am very happy and I am very lucky to have good players around me and when Jack comes back he will be welcome in the team. It will be really good for us."

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/123209.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

WhiteJC

Premier League Preview: Arsenal v Fulham
Cottagers look for first ever win at the Emirates, while Robin van Persie looks to add to 13 goals this season and find the net for the sixth game in a row in the Premier League

PROBABLE LINEUPS
ARSENAL
Szczesny
Koscielny, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Santos
Arteta, Song, Ramsey
Walcott, Van Persie, Gervinho

FULHAM
Schwarzer
Baird, Hangeland, Senderos, Riise
Dempsey, Murphy, Etuhu, Duff
Dembele, Zamora

Arsenal are short on numbers in their defence with Bacary Sagna, Carl Jenkinson and Kieran Gibbs all missing with long term injuries. Laurent Koscielny will likely start at right-back again, while Johan Djoruou provides an alternative option for Arsene Wenger.

Abou Diaby could feature on the bench with Tomas Rosicky as the Frenchman may stick with same midfield trio that played against Borussia Dortmund and Norwich in the past two games. Robin van Persie is certain to start up-front with Gervinho and Theo Walcott either side of him, as the system has been fruitful for the Gunners over the past month.

Fulham should be mainly unchanged from the draw with Sunderland last week.  Zdenek Grygera is still missing for Martin Jol with a knee injury, so Chris Baird will remain at right-back. John Arne Riise should return to the team after missing the clash with the Black Cats to attend the birth of his son.

Aaron Hughes could drop to the bench or partner Brede Hangeland in the central of defence, but Jol could keep Philippe Senderos in the line-up after good performance last week. Steve Sidwell could also return for the Cottagers.

DID YOU KNOW 
Since losing the north London derby on October 2, Arsenal have won five games in a row in the Premier League. This has taken them to seventh place in the table.

Robin van Persie (pictured right) is the leading scorer in the top-flight with 13 goals. The Dutchman has scored in five succesive matches netting 10 goals including a hat-trick against Chelsea.

The Gunners skipper has scored over half of his side's 25 league goals while Alex Song and Gervinho have contributed by assisting four times each this season, putting them in the top 10 in the league.

Arsenal and Fulham have met 48 times in the league, with Gunners winning 33 times and the Cottagers just seven. The remaining eight matches have finished as draws.

Fulham have conceded 15 goals this season, but have kept the second most number of clean sheets in the Premier League with five.

This season Martin Jol's team have picked up just one win away from home and have managed a mere three goals away from Craven Cottage.

The Cottagers have never won at Arsenal in 24 attempts, conceding 61 goals in the process whilst only scoring 19 themselves.

Fulham's last win over Arsenal came at Craven Cottage in 2008 when Brede Hangeland netted a first half header to give the hosts - at the time - a win.

http://www.goal.com/en/match/60284/arsenal-vs-fulham/preview

WhiteJC

Memorial Day

On Sunday 11th December we will be hosting our annual Memorial Day at Craven Cottage.

This special event is open to all, and is our chance to honour the memory of supporters, players, staff and local residents who have sadly been taken from us. The event will commence at 2:45pm and will be led by our Club Chaplain, Rev. Gary Piper, who is also a long-standing Fulham fan.

Rev. Piper will host an informal remembrance service, which will be followed by a complimentary buffet lunch. There will then be an optional, short stadium tour.

This includes an opportunity to visit any seats or specific areas of the ground that are special to you. A cash bar will also be open for the duration of the event.

Time       Event                                           Location
2:45pm  Arrival at Craven Cottage Reception  (Stevenage Rd - Next to Club Shop)
3:15pm  Remembrance Service                    (McBride's Lounge)
4pm      Buffet Lunch                                  (McBride's Lounge)
4:20pm  Stadium Tour                                (Stadium Interior)
5:30pm (approx)     Event concludes

Following the stadium tour, the bar in McBride's Lounge will remain open until approximately 5:30pm.

Rev. Piper would like to mention the names of any specific friends or loved ones during his service. There will also be an opportunity for you to share your own memories of them with us.

If you would like any special prayers, poems or other personal tributes to be included as part of Gary's service, please do let us know in advance and we will make arrangements for this to be included. We would also be grateful if you could confirm the names of any loved ones you would like to be specially mentioned by name.

The event is open for all to attend, but in order to allow us to plan properly for the day we would ask that the names of any attendees be confirmed in advance. If you would like to attend, please email [email protected].

Last year marked our first Memorial Day and it was a very special event for staff, and we hope valuable for all those who attended.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/November/MemorialDay.aspx?#ixzz1eiGFmJyy