watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz - Europa League

Started by Tomo, December 01, 2011, 12:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomo

Does anybody know the deal with Bryan and when he can play in the Europa League? Is it in the round of 32? Or when Twente get knocked out..

I would hope he could eventually feature
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

dancrawford

Don't think he can play this year at all.

manxman

When we re-register the squads in January I thought.
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

Whiteroom

He can start playing in Jan when we re-register the squad.

RidgeRider

Cool. Maybe he can pick up some more playing time in that competition. I think that would help him with us.

Andy_M

Yeah I read that he can be registered in January for the knock-out rounds of games.

Would expect him to get plenty of playing time in this competition!
@got_maile

Jack Fulham

I thought he could only be registered in jan if Twente got knocked out in the group stages?

ElissonSnygg

I thought he were cup-tied the whole tournament.. 
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

FFC Norway

Quote from: Jack Fulham on December 01, 2011, 12:12:20 PM
I thought he could only be registered in jan if Twente got knocked out in the group stages?

I think you're right.

Jimpav

Hopefully this will clear things up - doesn't look good for Ruiz though.

18.07 As a rule, a player may not play in a UEFA club competition (i.e. UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, but not UEFA Super Cup) for more than one club in the course of  the same season. Exceptionally, however, a player who has been fielded in the first, second or third qualifying round of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League is entitled to play in the UEFA Champions League  or UEFA Europa League for another club as from the group stage, provided that his former club did not qualify for the group stage of either the UEFA Champions League or the UEFA Europa League; moreover, as from the start of the round of 32 (round of 16 for UEFA Champions League), a player can be registered in accordance with paragraphs 18.18 to 18.21 below. A substitute player who has not been fielded is entitled to play for another club competing in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League in the course of the same season, provided that he is registered with the UEFA  administration in accordance with the present regulations.

18.18 For all matches from the start of  the round of 32, a club may register a maximum of three new eligible players for the remaining matches in the current competition. Such registration must be completed by 1 February 2012 (24.00 CET) at the latest. This deadline cannot be extended.

18.19 One player from the above quota of three who has been fielded in a UEFA club competition match for another  club in the current season may
exceptionally be registered, provided that the player has not been fielded:

− in the same competition for another club; or − for another club that is currently in the same competitio
n.

Furthermore, if the player's new club is playing in the UEFA Europa League, his former club must not have played in the UEFA Europa League at any point in the current season.

18.20 One or more players from the above quota of three who have been fielded only in the first, second or third qualifying round of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League for another club that did not qualify for the group stage of either the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League are entitled to be registered.

Taken from:

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/competitions/Regulations/01/62/69/60/1626960_DOWNLOAD.pdf

The King