watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol the tactican?

Started by Boggers, December 06, 2011, 06:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boggers

I haven't seen the game from last night, but I watched us against Arsenal and from reading the match reports from various posters I get the feeling that for the most part Jol got his tactics spot on.

All the rumours about dressing room discontent are disconcerting, but it feels like every game we are improving and the players are beginning to understand their new roles and performing like the unit Jol wants us to be.

Discuss.
"I never comment on referees and I'm not about to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat" - Ron Atkinson

http://alrightbeav.wordpress.com/

@shutuposhea

Berserker

I think Jol changes the tactics depending on who we are playing, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I think this has been confusing some of the players, and why some are pissed off and allegedly there is  discontent. I don't think Jol is wrong but it will take time and possibly a change in players to acheive this.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

aFFCn_Fan

The discontent is an interesting point. Every time Jol gets slated in the press for dressing room divisions....we win. If that's what it takes I don't mind reading (or not) those kind of stories every week.

I don't know if I would single handedly say Jol's tactics were the answer last night. Things like the ref not giving scousers a penalty, them hitting the bar a couple of times, Suarez being kept quiet/having an off game, Carroll not getting into the game, Lucas out, the sending off, are all factors.

I'd also say Fulham seemed to be playing better, passing around more like they used to. Players whose performance last night that are worth a mention (because I don't normally rate them) are Ethuhu, Senderos and Riise. All played well. Dembele is becoming a more valuable asset. BZ was limping and looks like the player who got a lot of stick in his first season with us for not scoring goals. There's something not right about him (niggling injury/attitude/who knows?)
@hincharoo