more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Suarez Giving Fulham Fans The Finger

Started by White Noise, December 05, 2011, 11:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McBridefan1

Quote from: Andy_M on December 06, 2011, 01:08:06 PM
The difference this year compared to last season where he was by far the best player on the pitch and gave Hangeland an absolute torrid time was purely and simply the fact that Hangeland's defending last night was top top quality!!!

Last season he gave Suarez that yard/half a yard that he needed to be able to spin off him and accelerate away, last night he was absolutely touch tight and whenever Suarez went to spin off he simply stepped across and blocked his path - resulting in Suarez throwing himself to ground looking for a free kick.

I don't think we should be discussing Suarez as much as we are/have been on the board tonight/today but more the world class defensive performance of Brede!

AMEN. :beer:

LRCN

i love love love that we wound him up to that extent. but also appreciate that he comes from a culture in south america where minimal contact means it is acceptable to throw yourself down, and it is applauded there where it is looked down on here. there is a correlation between the amount of skillful players they produce and their football culture. so in that regards i dont hold it against him. it is, in a sense, cheating, but at the same time it's not, a foul is a foul.

LRCN

Quote from: ImperialWhite on December 06, 2011, 01:16:05 PM
Quote from: Pata on December 06, 2011, 12:03:07 PM
Hmmm... a little racist corner of FoF...

Well Suarez would know about that, wouldn't he?

To be honest I'll be furious if he gets booked/fined/whatever for this and not for calling Evra a n*****.

it wasnt, it was negrito which isnt a racist term. i think his case was helped by anderson and hernandez who were ont he pitch too.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Lork on December 06, 2011, 01:18:40 PM

To be honest I'll be furious if he gets booked/fined/whatever for this and not for calling Evra a n*****.

it wasnt, it was negrito which isnt a racist term. i think his case was helped by anderson and hernandez who were ont he pitch too.

Bollocks. He knew exactly what negrito sounded like, and he's been in Europe long enough to know that.

He was racially abusing Evra to try and get a reaction.

Racist cheat.

LRCN

Quote from: ImperialWhite on December 06, 2011, 01:22:36 PM

Bollocks. He knew exactly what negrito sounded like, and he's been in Europe long enough to know that.

He was racially abusing Evra to try and get a reaction.

Racist cheat.

disagree, europeans still use it, ie 'A tweet that was sent on Friday from Dani Pachecho to his Spain U21 team-mate Thiago translated as: "Negrito. Enjoy yourself there and if you need anything the lion will come to the rescue haha..."' although perhaps thats different since they are both fluent in spanish. to be honest i havent even seen the context in which the word was used. were they arguing? or just talking.

LRCN

Quote from: McBridefan1 on December 06, 2011, 01:22:58 PM

right negrito isn't nigger it's little blacky... much better.  082.gif glad you cleared that up Lorky.  064.gif

haha, if negrito makes saurez racist then im as racist as he is

AlFayedsChequebook

Negrito is not a racist term when used amongst friends in certain parts of the world.

When used against a black opposition player when tempers are flaring, it most certainly is racist.

LRCN

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 06, 2011, 01:37:54 PM

Negrito is not a racist term when used amongst friends in certain parts of the world.

When used against a black opposition player when tempers are flaring, it most certainly is racist.

thats why i want to know the context of it.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Lork on December 06, 2011, 01:40:54 PM

The context is that it was a heated game between two historical rivals, where one player with a history of getting frustrated used the term negrito repeatedly towards a black player from the other team. They are not friends and had been arguing. Why would he say it for any other reason than to offend?

Pata

We'll see what the panel decides. I think if Suarez gets cleared, Liverpool will be going after Evra, if appropriate. Very serious allegation and this type of mud tends to stick in people's minds.

Re: what he actually said, "negrito" is also speculation. As far as I understand, the theory goes that it was supposed to have been used in the context of "Hey, mate, mate... (calm down)..." Suarez was giving Evra a bit of a torrid time and the Frenchman was getting wound up.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

Logicalman

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 06, 2011, 01:45:18 PM

The context is that it was a heated game between two historical rivals, where one player with a history of getting frustrated used the term negrito repeatedly towards a black player from the other team. They are not friends and had been arguing. Why would he say it for any other reason than to offend?

.. because his lift doesn't go higher than the first first floor perhaps? Or he continuously confuses his boot size with his IQ? Or perhaps be cause he has teeth like a beaver and acts like one (sic) all too often.

Pata

A small problem with that - Suarez got the better of Evra in the match, so if anyone was getting frustrated...
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

MrFantastic

My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Pata on December 06, 2011, 03:56:15 PM

A small problem with that - Suarez got the better of Evra in the match, so if anyone was getting frustrated...

Exatctly. Suarez was clearly trying to wind up Evra in the hope of getting him into trouble.

I also hope that Lpool don't 'go after Evra' if the Suarez complaint goes nowhere. Evra did the responsible thing and reported what he thinks is racial abuse. This should be applauded to help get it out of the game. Many pro's have come out and said that they were abused by fellow players but nothing ever got done about it. Reprimanding Evra will only set back the fight against Racism.

Pata

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 06, 2011, 05:02:58 PM
Quote from: Pata on December 06, 2011, 03:56:15 PM

Exatctly. Suarez was clearly trying to wind up Evra in the hope of getting him into trouble.

I also hope that Lpool don't 'go after Evra' if the Suarez complaint goes nowhere. Evra did the responsible thing and reported what he thinks is racial abuse. This should be applauded to help get it out of the game. Many pro's have come out and said that they were abused by fellow players but nothing ever got done about it. Reprimanding Evra will only set back the fight against Racism.

Not really sure how that follows "exactly" from what I wrote but never mind.

Re: 2nd part. I see your point; however... let's say someone accuses me of racism in work. Publicly, loudly, etc. Even if I do get cleared, these sort of things tend to stick and could have long-term implications for me in the industry.

For Evra, if Suarez gets cleared but Evra sticks to his guns and refuses to back down, Liverpool would have little choice (as an organisation whose employee had been falsely accused of a serious offence) but to take him to task, I think. If he issues a statement along the lines of "the situation has been clarified, it was indeed a misunderstanding, etc" it would make sense for Liverpool to leave it at that.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

dancrawford

What riles me about Suarez is how brazenly he tries to deceive referees despite being an exceptional player. He's good enough not to need to do it - and his attitude creates enemies (or at least a negative impression) where one doesn't need to exist. I want to marvel at his skill, not his diving ability.

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

RidgeRider

Quote from: dancrawford on December 06, 2011, 05:12:41 PM
What riles me about Suarez is how brazenly he tries to deceive referees despite being an exceptional player. He's good enough not to need to do it - and his attitude creates enemies (or at least a negative impression) where one doesn't need to exist. I want to marvel at his skill, not his diving ability.

There is the rub for me exactly. He seems to be well on his way to becoming one of the most disliked characters in the Premier League, if he is not already there.....

McBridefan1

what do you expect the guy beat ghana at the last world cup by deliberately catching a ball heading into the goal... ghana got the penalty but missed it. he has learned you win by cheating. The guy is a cheat, but football needs its villaines.

os5889

Cheeky chappy, he'll get a fine but it'll all blow over...

He strikes me as a player who plays better when he's angry, like when Im at work if Im P!ssed off I get more done, perhaps its his master plan to annoy all the clubs then storm the second round of matches....

Still at £22m, a great player