watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Suarez Giving Fulham Fans The Finger

Started by White Noise, December 05, 2011, 11:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOR :

Cheated against Ghana in the World Cup with that blatant handball...

Pulling Rafael hair like a girlie...

Suarez is a cheat and until the Refs come down hard on him he will continue to cheat...He dives at every opportunity and tries to get players sent off.

SoCalJoe

Suarez was caught again in a cultural misunderstanding...he was simply attempting to tell the Fulham faithful they were #1  :022:  

What I love about the above photo was #4 attempted to knock the ball away with his hand first, but whiffed. So tragic his blatant cheating was rewarded when Ghana blew the pk.
You can observe a lot by just watching.

Pata

He was sent off for the handball on the line against Ghana, earning himself a one-match suspension but giving his team mates a small but fighting chance. Even in Saturday/Sunday football I would expect whoever is on the line to do the same thing. In fact, would have a massive go if the player on the line didn't do it.

If Gyan lost his nerve in taking that pen... it's his own fault.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Pata on December 06, 2011, 06:23:52 PM
He was sent off for the handball on the line against Ghana, earning himself a one-match suspension but giving his team mates a small but fighting chance.

Much rather guaranteeing his team the semis. With blantant cheating.

Do you really try to defend him for that? fp.gif

Pata

I'm fat, I'm Scouse

sunburywhite

Lets hope Liverpool don't sign Nunez as well
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Burt

Suarez is his own worst enemy. A gifted player, but he lets himself down. Very frustrating, because when he is on song he is great to watch. He has bags of talent and really doesn't need to indulge in the other stuff.

Logicalman

He was sent off for the handball on the line against Ghana, earning himself a one-match suspension but giving his team mates a small but fighting chance. Even in Saturday/Sunday football I would expect whoever is on the line to do the same thing. In fact, would have a massive go if the player on the line didn't do it.

So you condone cheating then? By ANY team and any player? Or is it just because this is a Liverpool cheat we are discussing?

I guess then if a player is through on goal, you would sanction the keeper bringing him down, even if it means breaking the players legs and ending his career then? Even if that player was a Liverpool player?

Sorry Pata, I support many views from many people, but I would suggest if you wish to defend cheating Liverpool players, this is not the forum to do it on.

ImperialWhite

Bollocks.

What Suarez did was contrary to the spirit of the game. Not that we really have a spirit of the game anymore, thanks to racist scumbags like him.

Perhaps what could have stopped that would be to make a Denying A Goal an offence by which you concede a goal, in addition to Denying A Goal Scoring Opportunity being awarded a penalty. Even you couldn't deny that a penalty (which are often missed or saved) is clearly an inappropriate punishment when a ball is flying into goal at above head hight (a dead cert for a goal) and is then illegally stopped.

Pata

Quote from: Logicalman on December 06, 2011, 10:24:46 PM

So you condone cheating then? By ANY team and any player? Or is it just because this is a Liverpool cheat we are discussing?

I guess then if a player is through on goal, you would sanction the keeper bringing him down, even if it means breaking the players legs and ending his career then? Even if that player was a Liverpool player?

Sorry Pata, I support many views from many people, but I would suggest if you wish to defend cheating Liverpool players, this is not the forum to do it on.

So, you consider physical violence on the pitch "cheating"? This is interesting as it does go somewhat against the grain of traditional British attitudes towards rough play on the pitch, the lionisation of brutality (until very recently), as it's a "man's game". Do you consider, say, the "Chopper" Harrises and Vinny Joneses of this world "cheats"?

To answer your original question, to me a handball on the line to try to save the game in the last minute is OK. Breaking a player's legs is certainly not OK; however, I would point out that it's not necessary to break a player's leg to stop him from scoring. Does every keeper/defender who brings down a player who is through on goal get labelled a "cheat"?
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

epsomraver

I wish he would just go forth and multiply, come on mods do your job, this is Friends of FULHAM

Pata

Quote from: ImperialWhite on December 07, 2011, 01:56:41 AM

Bollocks.

What Suarez did was contrary to the spirit of the game. Not that we really have a spirit of the game anymore, thanks to racist scumbags like him.

Perhaps what could have stopped that would be to make a Denying A Goal an offence by which you concede a goal, in addition to Denying A Goal Scoring Opportunity being awarded a penalty. Even you couldn't deny that a penalty (which are often missed or saved) is clearly an inappropriate punishment when a ball is flying into goal at above head hight (a dead cert for a goal) and is then illegally stopped.

Is slyly nudging a player in the back when he's going up for a cross is "in the spirit of the game"? Did the classic English midfield "enforcer" play "in the spirit of the game"?
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Pata on December 07, 2011, 09:44:12 AM

So, you consider physical violence on the pitch "cheating"? This is interesting as it does go somewhat against the grain of traditional British attitudes towards rough play on the pitch, the lionisation of brutality (until very recently), as it's a "man's game". Do you consider, say, the "Chopper" Harrises and Vinny Joneses of this world "cheats"?

To answer your original question, to me a handball on the line to try to save the game in the last minute is OK. Breaking a player's legs is certainly not OK; however, I would point out that it's not necessary to break a player's leg to stop him from scoring. Does every keeper/defender who brings down a player who is through on goal get labelled a "cheat"?

Yes, violence is cheating. Next.

Racially abusing a player is vile. Obviously, although it appears that the YNWA spirit even extends to defending racism.

Deliberate handball is cheating. Easy.

FatFreddysCat

Cant we just give this Troll the finger  :59: . Is there anyone who actally enjoys his posts?

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Pata on December 07, 2011, 09:54:47 AM

Bollocks.

Is slyly nudging a player in the back when he's going up for a cross is "in the spirit of the game"? Did the classic English midfield "enforcer" play "in the spirit of the game"?

No it's not in the spirit, to both.

Why do you appear to think that condemning cheating is condoning violence? It isn't.

ClarksOriginal

Surely it would just be easier to ignore the Mickey Mouses one dimensional tunnel vision and not bite to his ignorant belligerent viewpoints whether it be able Suarez, Liverpool etc.

I agree with you all though, this is FOF, FOF&L. I think it maybe about time to just do away with the aggro.

096.gig
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

Pata

Quote from: ImperialWhite on December 07, 2011, 09:57:19 AM
Quote from: Pata on December 07, 2011, 09:44:12 AM

Yes, violence is cheating. Next.

Racially abusing a player is vile. Obviously, although it appears that the YNWA spirit even extends to defending racism.

Deliberate handball is cheating. Easy.

Is an elbow in Suarez's back "cheating"? Is Bobby Zamora leading with an elbow "cheating"? Would fans boo their own for kicking and elbowing Suarez?

I have not defended racism or bigotry anywhere. I did notice that thread with some racist comments was taken down yesterday.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

epsomraver

Perhaps if enough posters do a finny then the mods will do their job, I am seriously considering it, and I have him on ignore!

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: epsomraver on December 07, 2011, 10:12:02 AM
Perhaps if enough posters do a finny then the mods will do their job, I am seriously considering it, and I have him on ignore!

Obviously, Mr Raver, 99.99999r % of this board would rather have you than Pata on the board. Your viewpoints are enlightening, well constructed and always for the good of Fulham, although I've been here a short time, I can guage that yourself, Mr Finn, Mr Hat, LB, EQ etc (sorry any I have missed) are die-hard FFC fans and the core of this MB.

We do not want to lose another of the FFC Family due to the Mouse.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

Pata

Quote from: ImperialWhite on December 07, 2011, 09:59:16 AM
Quote from: Pata on December 07, 2011, 09:54:47 AM

Bollocks.

No it's not in the spirit, to both.

Why do you appear to think that condemning cheating is condoning violence? It isn't.

So, where do you draw the line re: punishing those who are not acting in the "spirit of the game"? You could argue that things have moved away from the ideal as soon as money entered the game in the 19th century.

Re: 2nd sentence. Rough play has been historically more acceptable in this country than, say, "going down too easily" - from park pitches to Division One.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse