watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Best Keepers In The Prem

Started by White Noise, December 09, 2011, 09:08:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swedish White

Load of rubbish. David De Gea isn't top 5 in my opinion. Not yet at least. Schwarzer probably makes the 3rd spot for me after Joe Hart and Petr Cech, although formwise Schwarzer is probably fourth after Hart, Vorm and Krul.

ImperialWhite

A lot of our defensive strength is built on a) the quality of our defenders and b) our defensive style of play. Not too surprising.

BalDrick

Hart, Krul best two I've seen, followed by Friedel (only one game but he had a blinder). Why is Cech at #20?

Oh and for Mignolet, the whole of that ball has crossed the line in that picture.

Reina I'd be worried about if I was a Liverpool fan (if I wasnt too busy bitching about my top cheat being told off). That was Tony Warneresque the way he dealt with Murph's shot.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

ImperialWhite

Quote from: BalDrick on December 09, 2011, 10:30:12 AM
Hart, Krul best two I've seen, followed by Friedel (only one game but he had a blinder). Why is Cech at #20?

Oh and for Mignolet, the whole of that ball has crossed the line in that picture.

Reina I'd be worried about if I was a Liverpool fan (if I wasnt too busy bitching about my top cheat being told off). That was Tony Warneresque the way he dealt with Murph's shot.

I've always rated Reina, but perhaps age is catching up with him?

Same for Cech - L'Equipe did a piece on him, it's been his worst season in his career. At his peak, he was saving ~80-90% of shots on target. Now it's barely over 50% (for example).

BalDrick

'Same for Cech - L'Equipe did a piece on him, it's been his worst season in his career. At his peak, he was saving ~80-90% of shots on target. Now it's barely over 50% (for example).'

Cue Fulham forgetting to rain shots down on him...

'I've always rated Reina, but perhaps age is catching up with him?'

As had I, but I'm wondering if this is because he's won a few penalty shoot-outs against the scum. Of course flapping at it is okay in a shoot-out, whereas it's not in a game.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

ImperialWhite

Quote'I've always rated Reina, but perhaps age is catching up with him?'

As had I, but I'm wondering if this is because he's won a few penalty shoot-outs against the scum. Of course flapping at it is okay in a shoot-out, whereas it's not in a game.

Was it 08-09 when Liverpool were genuine title contenders (LololLolOl! guffaw-guffaw, etc. etc.)? I seem to remember Reina's disribution being second to none. You know, lobbing a ball to Torres with the accuracy of a cricket bowler and getting assists, for example.

AlFayedsChequebook

Beyond the fact we still have a relatively defensive set-up, it just shows that Schwarzer has not declined at all this season.

The best thing about Mark is his ability to hold onto the ball when it is shot at him. Reina parried often on monday and it eventually came back to haunt him

os5889

Szcezny 18th, you are having a lemon.

Hart, Krul + Scezny the top 3 young keepers

Friedel, Given + Schwarzer the best of the old timers.

De Gea still good enough to stop us winning the Europa League

Reina a class act perhaps agility declining with age

Cech becoming more a comedy figure than a keeper but always class against Fulham

My top 5 with order not relevant as week by week they always mix it up and throw a clanger now and then!!

Hart, Friedel, Sczezny, Schwarzer, Reina

Jack Fulham

I'm guessing this is down to the fact that De Gea plays for Manchester United and not the fact that his season has been littered with goalkeeping errors.

Schwarzer is easily in the top 5 but then there is a lot of great keepers in the prem at the moment. Given, Vorm, Krul and Friedal have also had great seasons so far.

horse1031

Freidel is top 3 goalkeeper.  That man is amazing for how old he is.  Joe Hart has had a really good year.  Pretty crazy they have some big four gkeepers down at the bottom.  I dont think DeGea is number 1.  Maybe around 10 or so.

The King

It's ranked on saving percentage, so looking at it statistically, yes, De Gea is the best keeper in the Prem. Schwarzer's number of parries is quite impressive, he's got great handling.