News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Poll- Should We Have Sold Smalling? and why?

Started by os5889, January 26, 2010, 05:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should We Have Sold Chris Smalling?

Yes
24 (72.7%)
No
9 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: January 30, 2010, 05:54:38 PM

os5889

Lets give the goodies of the new mb a run  out

os5889

Yes, play it safe, we dont know how the boy would develop, how he would cope playing every week under pressure and how his drive and motivation would change with the fame of being a regular

Os ' I like the safe money' 5889

colossus

I know 7/8 million is great business but i think he will be somthing special in years to come. Can see both points of view but i would have rather he wasn't sold

timmyg

Define "should".

It's a great bit a business, but it sure stings.
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

JBH

Good Business, brought for Peanuts sold for Millions.

mattiesafer

Yes.  Having a prospect like Smalling is a luxury.  We have more pressing needs.

leonffc

Good business but I wished he had stayed. Especially with Hangeland's knee of late. But more because of the uefa rule coming in about home grown players. Now Manure have added another to their squad and we have one less.
Lets prey that Wes Brown wont be coming the other way as part of the deal

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Yes because we can invest in player or players that can inprove us now on 3 years down the line

cebu

If the price is right ... now get bidding Fergie/Wenger!

Lighthouse

For the player it is great, for the club a bit short sighted
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Hazey

Makes a bit of sense in terms of cash, but I can't help but feel a bit p*ssed off.  The sale of up and coming young players to the bigger clubs is one of the major things I hate about this game!
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

chez

gutted we sold, as think the kid had promise, but for that money can see why we did, just hope we invest it wisely.

Scrumpy

I voted yes.

We can't gamble. If we have a certain amount of dosh guaranteed for a player, let's take it. I'm not sure we can wait a year or two to discover whether he gets better or worse.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Steve_orino

I voted yes. 

I trust Roy & the front office to turn this into something better.  There were a lot of questions to our big sale last year and that turned out for the better...
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

WhiteJC

TonyGilroy

I'm not voting.

Everyone has an opinion (obviously) but none of us know the facts.

How much are we receiving? Some say £4M others £12M. Quite a difference.

What's Smallings attitude in this? And Roy's?

Was Hodgson involved, consulted, the final decision maker?

Does he have immediate transfer targets? Is the Smalling money relevant? Is he being backed by the Board?

What is the club's financial position? Is there money to spend? Is there a need to realise assets? Are we paying our way? To me this is more important than questioning the club's ambitions.

That we are not losing Smalling until the summer at least means that the squad is not being weakened this season.

LBNo11

...I quite like the suggestion by GCFFC on TiFF.

We sell Smalling to man ure and he goes to them at the end of the season - but we loan him to ar$enal for the rest of this season.. ;D
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC