https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

JOL OUT ALSO!!! (merged threads)

Started by bigalffc, December 10, 2011, 05:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigalffc

JOL OUT!!

There i've started it. it's Sanchez 2 the sequel. 096.gig
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

NogoodBoyo

Jol in.
Nogood "backbone and patience, eh" Boyo

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Sorry I can't agree.  I hope that when the transfer window opens, Jol can make the team line up more his own and buy players that can play the way he wants them to.  When he does I expect that results will improve.  Either way I can't see MAF getting rid unless we are stuck in the bottom 3.

Lighthouse

Jol will stay and buy a few players and sell a few and we will have to put up with this sort of dull no attacking football with players stuck on the edge of the area trying to make clever through balls as our only tactic. Not looking forward to it. The only thing is at least we look as if we lack heart AND tactics now. Good old Jol.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The King

Jimpav

jarv

I try not to criticise any Fulham players or managers. When RH and MH were appointed there were a lot of doubters. I never doubted either of them. There were enough positive signs that things would come good and they did.

When Jol was appointed I felt positive. However, it did not take me long to really doubt this man's ability. I think it is clear now.
He paid 10 mill for a player who could soon be the second coming of marlet. He picks an attacking line up on paper and the team just defends for long periods. The team has no pace which has been obvious before the start of the season when transfers were available.

For me, Jol now has a LOT OF QUESTIONS to answer. Either answer them, tell us how you are going to fix it or GO.

Today, it seems Fulham have once again hit rock bottom with another woeful away performance. I really feel for the travelling supporters. If I lived in England, I wouldn't waste my hard earnt money to be honest.

WestCountryWhite

Im on the fence at the moment:

In the Jol to stay column : Inherited an ageing squad, not had a chance to really stamp his mark. Im getting bored of us changing managers. We have had some horrendous luck, everton and spuds springs to mind

In the Jol to go : Trying to force a system on settled players that they can't play smacks of bad management. You work with what you've got until you can change it. Where does our record signing play????? you cannot play him and dembele in the same time in my opinion.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: jarv on December 10, 2011, 05:14:42 PM
I try not to criticise any Fulham players or managers. When RH and MH were appointed there were a lot of doubters. I never doubted either of them. There were enough positive signs that things would come good and they did.

When Jol was appointed I felt positive. However, it did not take me long to really doubt this man's ability. I think it is clear now.
He paid 10 mill for a player who could soon be the second coming of marlet. He picks an attacking line up on paper and the team just defends for long periods. The team has no pace which has been obvious before the start of the season when transfers were available.

For me, Jol now has a LOT OF QUESTIONS to answer. Either answer them, tell us how you are going to fix it or GO.

Today, it seems Fulham have once again hit rock bottom with another woeful away performance. I really feel for the travelling supporters. If I lived in England, I wouldn't waste my hard earnt money to be honest.

He is the same manager of the team that beat Liverpool and drew with Arsenal (and were unlucky to to win there as well) and so he must be doing something right...

ElissonSnygg

I don't like Jol but I accept him.
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

finnster01

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on December 10, 2011, 05:19:27 PM

He is the same manager of the team that beat Liverpool and drew with Arsenal (and were unlucky to to win there as well) and so he must be doing something right...

Like what? Having Dempsey take penalties?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: finnster01 on December 10, 2011, 05:30:33 PM
Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on December 10, 2011, 05:19:27 PM

Like what? Having Dempsey take penalties?

It will be interesting to find out if Dempsey was indeed the chosen one...

YankeeJim

No one has talked about things being Fulhamish lately. We never get lucky. Course, it can be said that the good make their own luck.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

jarv

Edward, yes, Liverpool was a win (and a FINE game) but luck played it's part. They had greater possession, hit the bar twice and to be honest, Fulham got some kind refereeing decisions (for once).

I am not saying he should go but if the perception at work was you were doing such a poor job, you would have to answer questions wouldn't you? At the moment, Jol is failing. We all want him to succeed, but he is struggling. I feel the tactics are poor and the players, at times, just don't look interested. That's the managers job to fix!!! 089.gif

finnster01

Quote from: jarv on December 10, 2011, 05:38:54 PM
Edward, yes, Liverpool was a win (and a FINE game) but luck played it's part. They had greater possession, hit the bar twice and to be honest, Fulham got some kind refereeing decisions (for once).

I am not saying he should go but if the perception at work was you were doing such a poor job, you would have to answer questions wouldn't you? At the moment, Jol is failing. We all want him to succeed, but he is struggling. I feel the tactics are poor and the players, at times, just don't look interested. That's the managers job to fix!!! 089.gif

:clap_hands:

LBNo11

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on December 10, 2011, 05:08:44 PM
Sorry I can't agree.  I hope that when the transfer window opens, Jol can make the team line up more his own and buy players that can play the way he wants them to.  When he does I expect that results will improve.  Either way I can't see MAF getting rid unless we are stuck in the bottom 3.

...you say that, but you of all people should be aware that it is unlikely that (unless forced to) in the next transfer window MAF is going to spend, spend, spend on big transfers; it will be a few cracks papered over and some loan deals and free transfers coupled with a few high profile players going the other way. MAF will not be happy to yet again have to dig deep whilst he is doing all he can to make the club self-sufficient...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Swedish White

People keep saying "give him time" (myself included). I think it is right to give the manager time, to some extent. The thing that makes me very doubtful about Jol is that his tactics have more often than not been poor this season. Against Twente and Swansea we were camped outside the penalty area refusing to attack, until we conceded. Also I generally don't like managers who don't give the players a lot of feedback during the match, but Jol is different. He doesn't say anything to the players! Why? Does he want to keep his image? As a manager you've got to be able to tell the players to change things if it's necessary. javascript:void(0);

Swedish White

Quote from: jarv on December 10, 2011, 05:38:54 PM

+1!

finnster01

Mr SW,

Thank you for summing up Jol with your javascript:void(0); comment. That is the way he is.

Get Coat gif

zzamora

Quote from: WestCountryWhite on December 10, 2011, 05:17:48 PM
Im on the fence at the moment:

In the Jol to stay column : Inherited an ageing squad, not had a chance to really stamp his mark. Im getting bored of us changing managers. We have had some horrendous luck, everton and spuds springs to mind

In the Jol to go : Trying to force a system on settled players that they can't play smacks of bad management. You work with what you've got until you can change it. Where does our record signing play????? you cannot play him and dembele in the same time in my opinion.

bang on here.