Main Menu

JOL OUT ALSO!!! (merged threads)

Started by bigalffc, December 10, 2011, 05:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Fulham

Quote from: finnster01 on December 11, 2011, 09:23:36 PM
Quote from: Jack Fulham on December 11, 2011, 08:45:22 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on December 11, 2011, 08:41:37 PM
No penalty training necessary. We should do our homework and figure out who on the pitch has a stellar record of scoring from the penalty spot and who hasn't. We had a man who is a proven penalty scorer out there. 

That was a total rubbish decision to have Demps having a go at that.  :035:

Guess you mean Andy Johnson?

I think he's had one pen for us and missed it although he used to do it all the time at Palace. Maybe he lost a bit of confidence in taking them.

Maybe you are right mate, but with his record at Palace I would be surprised if one miss against Swindon would destroy his confidence.

In any event, I'm pretty sure you would agree that having AJ take it over Clint is literally a no brainer.

Yup, I had zero confidence in Clint scoring it to be honest, after his pen against Chelsea, his pen against Stoke which wasn't great although he scored and because Vorm has a reputation for saving penalties. Clint hit it at a perfect height for him as well.

mikie

soz but Danny should be taking the pens..... LEE CLARK THERES ONLY ONE LEE CLARK... LEE CLARKS BLACK AND WHITE ARMY SOUNDS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

HatterDon

Quote from: mikie on December 11, 2011, 10:27:16 PM
soz but Danny should be taking the pens..... LEE CLARK THERES ONLY ONE LEE CLARK... LEE CLARKS BLACK AND WHITE ARMY SOUNDS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Hard for Danny to take the penalty when he's back in London crocked.

Certainly if anyone's to blame for Dempsey taking the penalty it's either Jol or Hangeland. The coach makes those calls before the game, and if he doesn't, it's up to the captain.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

The Equalizer

You know something's rotten in Denmark when all I have to say about the matter is "meh!".

This season seems to have sewn as seed of apathy inside of me. If the team can't be bothered to play football, I can't be bothered to go and watch them do it. When I start thinking about giving up my season ticket, it's usually because I'm not happy with the manager and the direction the club.

I don't think I'll be at the Cottage on Wednesday or Saturday.

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

woohoo5

Quote from: HatterDon on December 12, 2011, 12:21:35 AM

Certainly if anyone's to blame for Dempsey taking the penalty it's either Jol or Hangeland. The coach makes those calls before the game, and if he doesn't, it's up to the captain.

let duffer take
The result isa fact.The League table is a fact.The rumor that Chelsea are rubbish is a fact.Everything else is opinion

RidgeRider

Assuming he is on the pitch, I would opt for Davies. He seems to have the temperament for it

Burt

Quote from: RidgeRider on December 13, 2011, 10:10:22 PM

Assuming he is on the pitch, I would opt for Davies. He seems to have the temperament for it

ABC

Anyone But Clint...

I am not sure why but he just doesn't have the pace and precision when it comes to taking penalties.

Agree about Davies...

Burt

Quote from: The Equalizer on December 12, 2011, 08:56:10 AM
You know something's rotten in Denmark when all I have to say about the matter is "meh!".

This season seems to have sewn as seed of apathy inside of me. If the team can't be bothered to play football, I can't be bothered to go and watch them do it. When I start thinking about giving up my season ticket, it's usually because I'm not happy with the manager and the direction the club.

A sad state of affairs Mr Eq sir...

Got to say that I have seen a lot worse in my 37 years of following the whites.

HatterDon

Quote from: Burt on December 13, 2011, 10:47:22 PM

Perhaps you've realized that the club is not as important to you as it once was.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

The Equalizer

Quote from: HatterDon on December 14, 2011, 05:13:20 AM
Quote from: Burt on December 13, 2011, 10:47:22 PM

Perhaps you've realized that the club is not as important to you as it once was.

You may have hit the nail on the head mate...
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

MJG

I hope we can do something this season (Cup Run, stay up before mid april etc) but I suspect we will look back on this year as a troubled season and a bit of a lost one. But if we can come out of it still in the Prem and with a fresher team then I think thats all we can ask for.

The quote "Perhaps you've realized that the club is not as important to you as it once was" is a very good one and I can relate to it a lot. It has entered my head that this could be the last season I buy a ST and this is partly down to cost and my interest in football at the level.

alfie

Quote from: MJG on December 14, 2011, 08:40:23 AM
I hope we can do something this season (Cup Run, stay up before mid april etc) but I suspect we will look back on this year as a troubled season and a bit of a lost one. But if we can come out of it still in the Prem and with a fresher team then I think thats all we can ask for.

The quote "Perhaps you've realized that the club is not as important to you as it once was" is a very good one and I can relate to it a lot. It has entered my head that this could be the last season I buy a ST and this is partly down to cost and my interest in football at the level.

I realise that cost does come into it, but isn't a bit like saying i'm only going to go when we do well, is that not what we call "glory hunters", i mean don't we shout at Chelsea supporters "where were you when things were Sh..."

If is really a cost factor then fully understand picking and choosing when you attend.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

bigalffc

Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

DUKE

this guy is ruining our team spirit.we have a great group of players and in the second half they looked like a bomb went off and every1 was in shock.Jol's motivation talk at half time must b absolutely shite.Iv been waiting for some change but this is going nowhere.how many time have we conceded in the last few minutes of the game??? This guy cant give instructions on the touch line.I am so angry. Give the job to that Croatian guy that MOF likes.Whats his face??