watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

JOL OUT ALSO!!! (merged threads)

Started by bigalffc, December 10, 2011, 05:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFantastic

Jol out of here we lost against a team that was in championship last year come on, where are we going to get points if not against those teams
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

Mr_Moon

Ok then,

Jol out and who in?

*awaits amusing answers*

White Noise

Steve Bruce
David O'Leary
George Graham
Bryan Robson
John Gregory
David Pleat

Amusing enough for you??  :027:

Oakeshott

Mr Moon

A fair question. My answer: Danny Murphy.

Berserker

I want Jol to stay and a few extra players bought and loaned in the Jan window to fill the places we need. I didn't we'd do well today with the people we had missing
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Admin

This isn't a knee jerk reaction, I AM a supporter of this club before other people judge me otherwise, I will NOT leave my OWN website just because members can't accept my oppinion, I personally have given Jol enough of my time, I can't stand the guy, he is clueless, he is not right for Fulham Football Club and I want him OUT.

Jambo

Quote from: Admin on December 10, 2011, 08:26:54 PM
This isn't a knee jerk reaction, I AM a supporter of this club before other people judge me otherwise, I will NOT leave my OWN website just because members can't accept my oppinion, I personally have given Jol enough of my time, I can't stand the guy, he is clueless, he is not right for Fulham Football Club and I want him OUT.

You've had enough of him.  Ok.  Who do you want to replace him?
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

LBNo11

Quote from: Jambo on December 10, 2011, 08:27:51 PM

...with respect that's a stock answer Jambo, but let's say he get's kicked out by the club (the fans don't have that sort of influence) who would you replace him with, I mean, is he irreplaceable and that Fulham a premiership club in London with a billionaire owner cannot attract quality managers..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Swedish White

Oh that's all right Finnster. He really is that way though isn't he!

Admin

Anyone but this idiot, I'm sorry but no manager has made this angry since Sanchez. Who ever the club appoint afterwards then so be it. They got it right with Hodgson so I trust them to get it right again.

Jambo

Quote from: Admin on December 10, 2011, 08:36:26 PM

Anyone but this idiot, I'm sorry but no manager has made this angry since Sanchez. Who ever the club appoint afterwards then so be it. They got it right with Hodgson so I trust them to get it right again.

I refuse to jump on this bandwagon because I will give him a chance and Ive seen in certain games that we are a good side and play good football.  He inherited an ageing side that had to be changed and unfortunately no one likes change.  I for one don't think he has had much luck for most of the season which you do need by changing the manager is not ALWAYS the answer.  If Dempsey had scored that pen would you have still felt this strongly?

And asking someone to point out who they want to replace him isn't a "stock answer".  Jol has to be given the chance to build his own squad and if that means having a season of transition where we finish in the bottom half so be it.  We won't go down.

I am fully behind him.

@jambohunt

woohoo5

i dont think we should give him some time, swansea are pretty good at home and beat west brom 3-0, so we did better than RH

we do need to stop conceding late goals though
The result isa fact.The League table is a fact.The rumor that Chelsea are rubbish is a fact.Everything else is opinion

LBNo11

...OK Jambo, you are entitled to believe in Jol, I hope you are right.

A couple of questions though, maybe you can give me some hope in your replies:-

1) If he needs to replace this ageing squad, how many players do we need to replace?
2) How much money do you think we would need to replace those players?
3) How much money do you think MAF will stump up to replace those players.
4) As these are experienced players on their way out, do you think we will replace them with younger players of similar abilities?
5) Do you think because of the inflated costs of premiership players that have experience we will search Dutch leagues for example, and would you not be concerned that they will need time to get up to speed in the top flight?

By the way, opinions are not necessarily based on jumping on bandwagons, they are sometimes based on what we see and interpret, and what causes concern for the future of the club; we have played 28 games to date, quite a few against weaker teams in Europa, and I have seen nothing that makes me think Jol is the answer. Yes we have had games where we have been unlucky, but we have had more where we have looked a shambles, is that down to the manager of the team, or the players age? Are all the players letting him down or just two or three of the more experienced - and if just those few experienced, why play them..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Mr Fulham

But Jambo is right. Are there decent managers out there?

Steve Bruce, Curbishley, Eriksson, McClaren, Davies, Southgate....I don't know if there's anyone I'd fancy over Jol.

Peabody

OK, I accept that my views may not carry the football knowledge that you doubters seem to have but just how would getting rid of another manager to add to the two that have left in the last 18 months, just how is that going to help the team. You will no doubt point out that we were ok when Sanchez left but RH got lucky and we survived but it was a very close call and really, can you see us being that lucky again? as others have said, just who would you bring in. Those managers that are available who have Premiership experience do not exactly inspire us do they? Or would you take a chance on someone who has no experience in The Premier. No, as far as I am concerned, we have to stick with what we have, there has been far too many changes of late and one more would prove fatal imo.

Jambo

Quote from: LBNo11 on December 10, 2011, 09:03:06 PM
...OK Jambo, you are entitled to believe in Jol, I hope you are right.

A couple of questions though, maybe you can give me some hope in your replies:-

1) If he needs to replace this ageing squad, how many players do we need to replace?
2) How much money do you think we would need to replace those players?
3) How much money do you think MAF will stump up to replace those players.
4) As these are experienced players on their way out, do you think we will replace them with younger players of similar abilities?
5) Do you think because of the inflated costs of premiership players that have experience we will search Dutch leagues for example, and would you not be concerned that they will need time to get up to speed in the top flight?

By the way, opinions are not necessarily based on jumping on bandwagons, they are sometimes based on what we see and interpret, and what causes concern for the future of the club; we have played 28 games to date, quite a few against weaker teams in Europa, and I have seen nothing that makes me think Jol is the answer. Yes we have had games where we have been unlucky, but we have had more where we have looked a shambles, is that down to the manager of the team, or the players age? Are all the players letting him down or just two or three of the more experienced - and if just those few experienced, why play them..?

Firstly, one of the reasons why I think it is important to back Jol is because I do think he has a proven record and is a good manager and secondly, is because sacking the manager is not always the answer.  We've had to many in the last few years and no matter how many times you change a manager there will be period of transition when the manager tries to bring in his own players, staff and ideas.  Sometimes it just feels that if you don't hit the ground running you're gone.

To try and answer some of your questions:-

1) Replacing an ageing squad does not happen in 1 or even 2 transfer windows.  The work started in the summer and I'm sure it will continue next month and also into next summer and there in lies the problem, no one has the patience for that because everyone wants instant success and are willing to go through as many managers as they can until someone does get that good start.  I think 3 new additions in Jan with the likes of a £50k a week player leaving freeing up funds.
2) I don't know.  I won't speculate on our finances, I'm not sure any of us can.  
3) As above.  But IF we were to receive £10m for BZ and AJ freeing up a reported £90k a week in wages, not sure if it would be any.
4) Younger players yes but players that will fit into more of a system that Jol wants to play and are used to.  If we have a certain player(s) that don't like a formation a manger want to play should that stop him playing it?  Is that a sign of strength or weakness?
5) Who knows how far and wide our scounting net goes.  I wouldn't be to quick to catorgrise all players by the leagues they play in (Suarez and Dembele were fine from the Dutch League and Hangeland was fine from the Norwegian League).

I appreciate all opinions on here and that's why its the best Fulham board around and if I need to apologise for using the word Band wagon I will.  I have seen enough to know that Jol wants Fulham to play a new way that some of the players are adapting to.  Against Spurs, Wisla, Everton and Arsenal I thought we were superb (I appricaite that we lost 2 of those games but lets face it we were by far the better sides).

Just on your last point... He didn't play him!

I hope that this has given you some hope!  Onwards and Upwards and more debating!

@jambohunt

finnster01

Other than getting sacked everywhere he has been (or hiding it as a mututal "agreement") please let me know what Jol actually has achieved.

He is a well known underperformer (except at Spurs in the beginning). His last effort at Ajax was so poor that the players revolted. Sounds familiar?

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Jambo

Quote from: finnster01 on December 10, 2011, 10:00:01 PM
Other than getting sacked everywhere he has been (or hiding it as a mututal "agreement") please let me know what Jol actually has achieved.

He is a well known underperformer (except at Spurs in the beginning). His last effort at Ajax was so poor that the players revolted. Sounds familiar?

In his 1 full season at Ajax...Ajax finished second in the league last term, a point behind Twente, scoring 106 goals and with a goal difference of plus 86.  Not to bad, sounds pretty attacking too.

At Hamburg he wasn't sacked he was offered the Ajax job and he took it....Jol, who took Premier League club Tottenham Hotspur to the brink of the Champions League qualifying places, was appointed Hamburg coach last summer and led the club to a fifth-place finish in the recently-completed Bundesliga campaign.  Since he led them to a fifth place they have finish 7th and 8th and are currently 11th.

Not a bad track record actually.

The 53-year-old also guided Hamburg to a UEFA Cup semi-final, but lost to German rivals Werder Bremen.

@jambohunt

finnster01

Quote from: Jambo on December 10, 2011, 10:10:49 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on December 10, 2011, 10:00:01 PM

In his 1 full season at Ajax...Ajax finished second in the league last term, a point behind Twente, scoring 106 goals and with a goal difference of plus 86.  Not to bad, sounds pretty attacking too.

At Hamburg he wasn't sacked he was offered the Ajax job and he took it....Jol, who took Premier League club Tottenham Hotspur to the brink of the Champions League qualifying places, was appointed Hamburg coach last summer and led the club to a fifth-place finish in the recently-completed Bundesliga campaign.  Since he led them to a fifth place they have finish 7th and 8th and are currently 11th.

Not a bad track record actually.

The 53-year-old also guided Hamburg to a UEFA Cup semi-final, but lost to German rivals Werder Bremen.

I reckon my 80 year old mother can manage Ajax and finish second in that league.

And as far as Hamburg goes he was forced to leave because the players hated him and they faded badly in the league. Taking the other job was simply jumping on it before it was an early bath. The writing was on the wall. Just ask our German fans if you do not believe me.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Bilet

Please stop naming Steve Bruce. What a disaster he would be. Spending lots on ex Man Utd-players and use training methods that get players injured in masses. How many times haven't he used that as a exuse for his poor performanes at Sunderland.