Main Menu

JOL OUT ALSO!!! (merged threads)

Started by bigalffc, December 10, 2011, 05:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jambo

Quote from: finnster01 on December 10, 2011, 10:15:00 PM
Quote from: Jambo on December 10, 2011, 10:10:49 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on December 10, 2011, 10:00:01 PM
Other than getting sacked everywhere he has been (or hiding it as a mututal "agreement") please let me know what Jol actually has achieved.

He is a well known underperformer (except at Spurs in the beginning). His last effort at Ajax was so poor that the players revolted. Sounds familiar?

In his 1 full season at Ajax...Ajax finished second in the league last term, a point behind Twente, scoring 106 goals and with a goal difference of plus 86.  Not to bad, sounds pretty attacking too.

At Hamburg he wasn't sacked he was offered the Ajax job and he took it....Jol, who took Premier League club Tottenham Hotspur to the brink of the Champions League qualifying places, was appointed Hamburg coach last summer and led the club to a fifth-place finish in the recently-completed Bundesliga campaign.  Since he led them to a fifth place they have finish 7th and 8th and are currently 11th.

Not a bad track record actually.

The 53-year-old also guided Hamburg to a UEFA Cup semi-final, but lost to German rivals Werder Bremen.

I reckon my 80 year old mother can manage Ajax and finish second in that league.

And as far as Hamburg goes he was forced to leave because the players hated him and they faded badly in the league. Taking the other job was simply jumping on it before it was an early bath. The writing was on the wall. Just ask our German fans if you do not believe me.

You've made your mind up already so no matter what I say won't change that.  I don't believe everything I read in the press and I don't know any German fans so I'll just deal with the facts (Rafa?), which everything I said before were.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

bigalffc

jambo i respect your entitled to your opinion but you are wrong. jol has messed up the best defence fulham ever had and now he's pissed off our only centre forward. he should go before the team totally falls apart.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Mr_Moon

Still waiting for some answers to who people who replace him with.

God this is tiresome.

RidgeRider

Mr_Moon

Quote from: bigalffc on December 10, 2011, 10:58:48 PM
jambo i respect your entitled to your opinion but you are wrong. jol has messed up the best defence fulham ever had and now he's pissed off our only centre forward. he should go before the team totally falls apart.

Presuming you mean the defence we had under Hodgson, Hughes sold Konchesky and also forced Pantsil out (yes I'm aware Jol was in charge when he left).

So this myth about Jol messing up our defence is utterly guff.

finnster01

Quote from: Mr_Moon on December 10, 2011, 11:00:56 PM

God this is tiresome.

Graham Taylor for starters. Perhaps as a tag team with Dany Murphy. There are loads out there. Don't stick your head in the sand. What we are doing right now is not working. That is obvious. Get rid of the cancer whilst we can.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

bigalffc

guff is it Moony?

"BREDE Hangeland has urged boss Martin Jol to stop chopping and changing Fulham's backline.

The Whites have used EIGHT different defenders already this season, with the Norwegian the only ever-present in the Premier League".
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Jambo

Quote from: bigalffc on December 10, 2011, 11:18:18 PM
guff is it Moony?

"BREDE Hangeland has urged boss Martin Jol to stop chopping and changing Fulham's backline.

The Whites have used EIGHT different defenders already this season, with the Norwegian the only ever-present in the Premier League".

And what are you to do when

Grygera is injured
Hughes is injured
Senderos is injured
Briggs is injured
Mrs Riise has a baby
Baird has personal issues

Answers????

@jambohunt

Jambo

Quote from: finnster01 on December 10, 2011, 11:14:41 PM

God this is tiresome.

Graham Taylor for starters. Perhaps as a tag team with Dany Murphy. There are loads out there. Don't stick your head in the sand. What we are doing right now is not working. That is obvious. Get rid of the cancer whilst we can.

Graham Taylor?  When was he last in the game?  You have spent most of tonight slagging of Jol's past and you come up with Graham Taylor.  WOW.  Each to their own.  I will bite my bottom lip and accept your opinion.

@jambohunt

Mr_Moon

God this is tiresome.

DO I NOT LIKE THAT

:005:

Cor, you come up with some crackers you do Finster.

finnster01

Quote from: Mr_Moon on December 10, 2011, 11:36:00 PM

God this is tiresome.

DO I NOT LIKE THAT

Glad I am entertaining you.

I am watching Lawrie Sanchez Part Two at the moment, and I do not like this Jol movie any better than the first one

richie17

WE CAN'T KEEP CHANGING THE MANAGER!

What if the next bloke comes in and finds it hard to impose himself on an ageing team that needs freshening up?  What if the new manager takes six months to get his ideas across? What if the ageing clique within the side - the players we need to replace - make life tricky for that manager?

You're back to square one again!

There seem to be three types of managers:

really good ones
ones in the middle
bad ones

Jol's obviously not a bad manager and might even be a good one. Are we suggesting that after a handful of games in which he's had to begin a rebuilding project, we're going to give up already?

If Jose Mourinho's begging for the job then fine.  But absent something like that we have to give him time.  Otherwise what's the point? Every manager has to come in and do well instantly or else?  That'll help us attract good managers won't it?

Jambo

Quote from: finnster01 on December 10, 2011, 11:40:16 PM
Quote from: Mr_Moon on December 10, 2011, 11:36:00 PM

God this is tiresome.

DO I NOT LIKE THAT

Glad I am entertaining you.

I am watching Lawrie Sanchez Part Two at the moment, and I do not like this Jol movie any better than the first one

You can't compare Sanchez to Jol.  Come off it.  Lets have a debate about it but that's ridiculous.  If you get your way and Jol goes, trust me his next job will not be at Barnet or alike.

@jambohunt

finnster01

Nothing wrong with Barnet except the manager. Just like Fulham.

I am sure our House Martin will end up on his feet in Freiburg or something.

LBNo11

...money attracts managers Richie, pure and simple, location helps and being in the premiership is also attractive.

Also I presume from what some people are saying is that Jol is the last manager left on the planet, so if does turn out to be useless (I know, he won't) we are doomed because all the other half decent managers don't exist.

This being the case lets hope he saves us from relegation and lives to be manager for at least 20  years.

I do agree that stability should be important - now remind me how many managers have we had in the last 13 years...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

TWFL

Quote from: LBNo11 on December 10, 2011, 11:52:25 PM
...money attracts managers Richie, pure and simple, location helps and being in the premiership is also attractive.

Also I presume from what some people are saying is that Jol is the last manager left on the planet, so if does turn out to be useless (I know, he won't) we are doomed because all the other half decent managers don't exist.

This being the case lets hope he saves us from relegation and lives to be manager for at least 20  years.

I do agree that stability should be important - now remind me how many managers have we had in the last 13 years...

Not saying he is the last one but, personally, I am interested, like the others, in finding out who you would replace him with, if you would replace him at all?

LBNo11

...sad to say I don't know, but I don't have extensive knowledge and a book of contacts, I did not choose any of the previous 10 managers (or any before that) so I am not qualified to say.

It still doesn't mean that I am not entitled to be concerned about how we are playing football.

Oh, and I don't play football manager, so how the hell can I have a valid opinion on anything..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

HatterDon

Jol is going nowhere. He has very carefully leaked enough to the press to ensure that there's a ready-made bad guy(s) to take the blame for Fulham's underperforming this season. With scapegoats firmly in place, and with the majority of supporters -- certainly on this board -- buying the carefully crafted excuse that everything wrong with the team is down to the selfishness/greediness/petulance of Murphy, Zamora, and AJ, Jol will not feel ANY pressure should we stay hovering around 15th most of the season.

What Jol is doing -- and doing it purposely -- is unraveling the cohesion of the team that Roy Hodgson has built. We certainly have more talented individuals than we did under Roy, but we don't have as good a team. I don't mind Jol remaking the team in his image. Had Hughes had the opportunity he would have, and certainly Hodgson did. I just wish that part and parcel of Jol's remaking is a reduction in fitness and fingerpointing on the part of management.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Oakeshott

"Jol is going nowhere"

Time will tell. If we beat Bolton, we will probably be around 15th come the New Year. If we don't, we'll probably be bottom. How MAF will react to that remains to be seen - he has acted decisively before when it looked at though we might be relegated even, with LS, before Christmas.

Of course it would be good if we had a longish serving manager, as I guess we'd hoped would be the case with Roy. But the reality is that by and large we won't, for the same reason we don't have longish serving top quality players. As has been noted on another thread, we are a stepping stone club: if we have a promising player, as with Dembele, the more successful and better financed clubs circle. Ditto manager - Roy didn't leave us for WBA, and if Liverpool hadn't had a problem the likelihood is that he'd still be with us. Hughes chose to go, and had he not he'd surely still have been with us.

If Jol gets the sack, there are really just two options. Either we go for someone like him or Hughes, ie someone who will go at the drop of a better pay cheque/better financed club, or we go for someone much younger and untested/relatively untested, from whom we might get several years' loyalty as they hopefully build the kind of reputation that will, eventually, make them of interest to the big clubs. Personally I'd like to see Danny Murphy take over - from hearing him on several occasions he clearly understands the game, he certainly knows the strengths and weaknesses of the squad, and I've little doubt he'd get the best out of it. Three or four years with us, and IF he proves he can really do the job, he could take over at Liverpool and stick, unlike poor old Roy. And unlike Roy, he is young enough not to jump at the first better opportunity because he fears it will be his last, but has the time, and I suspect the character, to want to learnt the business and build a real reputation for himself before taking on a more demanding role.

SG

God this is tiresome.

064.gif  064.gif

The man who did the most damage to English football in his time as manager. If he turned up at the Cottage I wouldn't be responsible for my actions