watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Clubs Line Up For January Zamora Move

Started by White Noise, December 11, 2011, 07:26:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/news/2011/12/10/bobby-zamora-s-latest-rift-with-martin-jol-is-set-to-seal-his-fulham-exit-102039-23626673/

Bobby Zamora's latest rift with Martin Jol is set to seal his Fulham exit

Dec 10 2011 By Dean Jones

BOBBY ZAMORA'S latest rift with Martin Jol is set to seal his Fulham exit.

England striker Zamora was dropped for the defeat at Swansea yesterday and now Sunderland, Tottenham and QPR will lead the chase to sign him when the transfer window re-opens next month.

Zamora had a meeting with boss Jol at the club's Motspur Park training ground on Friday and it was made clear to him that he wouldn't be travelling to Wales, not even as a sub.

Jol, who opted to start with Andy Johnson up front, said: "Bobby is probably not the best ­substitute to have on the bench. I made the decision to play Johnson because he works hard in training.

"The last couple of weeks I played with Mousa Dembele and Bobby and I thought it was time to play Johnson again.

"I don't have a problem with any player, the only thing I want is players to give 100 per cent to this club. Then there is no problem.

"I make decisions for the club and I told Bobby I would not take him to Swansea.

"But I still feel he wants to play for this club."

People Sport revealed earlier this season how the pair had clashed at the club's training ground and the tension has been simmering between them ever since.

Zamora and other senior players have been unimpressed by some of the Fulham manager's ideas, and the personality clash between the duo has threatened to undermine Jol's position at Craven Cottage.

The Dutchman has admitted this is the toughest season he has endured as a manager and there seems no way to heal the rift between him and Fulham's England international.

It is understood Sunderland have been monitoring the situation, with new Black Cats manager Martin O'Neill keen to get a target-man on board at the Stadium Of Light.

But Spurs were interested in signing Zamora last summer and may now reignite their interest, with Roman Pavlyuchenko set to leave White Hart Lane.

QPR boss Neil Warnock also wants to bring in a front-line striker during the January window and is a known admirer of former West Ham star Zamora, who still hopes to travel with England to the Euro 2012 finals next summer.

Tom

We need someone who is going to contribute to the club and give 100% and have a good attitude.
Fulham for life!

BalDrick

Quote from: Tom on December 11, 2011, 07:40:13 AM
We need someone who is going to contribute to the club and give 100% and have a good attitude.

Correct but it's a 2-way street isn't it? He got on fine under Hodgson and Hughes. There's clearly a personality clash between Jol and BZ - and bearing in mind we'll never get a better price for BZ than right now, selling him has to be the logical decision. But how many other players has Jol rubbed up the wrong way I wonder? Comes a point where you have to think, hang on, there's a common denominator here.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Fletchino

A straight swap for roman pavlyuchenko?
Would spurs the tight fisted bunch go for this?
We would be pretty much left with no striker if he goes

Tom

Quote from: FLETCHINO on December 11, 2011, 08:06:00 AM
I would take that swap.
Fulham for life!

richie17

Quote from: BalDrick on December 11, 2011, 07:45:49 AM
Quote from: Tom on December 11, 2011, 07:40:13 AM

Correct but it's a 2-way street isn't it? He got on fine under Hodgson and Hughes. There's clearly a personality clash between Jol and BZ - and bearing in mind we'll never get a better price for BZ than right now, selling him has to be the logical decision. But how many other players has Jol rubbed up the wrong way I wonder? Comes a point where you have to think, hang on, there's a common denominator here.

Well possibly a few. It's Jol's job to replace this team. The team doesn't want to be replaced.  So conflict is almost inevitable and he has a tough job.

Jimpav

Same paper and same journo that was spreading rumours about BZ before the match. Poor.

Better players than BZ have been dropped at other clubs in recent weeks so I'm not buying into this muppets agenda.

TonyGilroy

The Zamora I've seen this season isn't worth a place in the team. The problem may be his attitude but a player has to play for the manager - it can't be the other way round.

Having said that yesterday's performance has left me more angry than any other this season and that's because of the way the team was set up.

Stay behind the ball, play as slowly as possible and hope not to concede. A truly shitty approach to take in a match like that. Had we gone for it we might have won or lost but at least given the supporters something to support.

I really didn't think Jol would approach games that way.

Tom

Quote from: TonyGilroy on December 11, 2011, 09:14:13 AM

The Zamora I've seen this season isn't worth a place in the team. The problem may be his attitude but a player has to play for the manager - it can't be the other way round.

Having said that yesterday's performance has left me more angry than any other this season and that's because of the way the team was set up.

Stay behind the ball, play as slowly as possible and hope not to concede. A truly shitty approach to take in a match like that. Had we gone for it we might have won or lost but at least given the supporters something to support.

Preach it from the heart brotha!  065.gif  082.gif
Fulham for life!

cebu

Quote from: Jimpav on December 11, 2011, 08:44:12 AM
Same paper and same journo that was spreading rumours about BZ before the match. Poor.

Better players than BZ have been dropped at other clubs in recent weeks so I'm not buying into this muppets agenda.

I'm fully with you on this. A philosopher once said "90% of everything is crap". Unfortunately, in the case of tabloid journos the number is much higher.   fp.gif

epsomraver

So the players decide the tactics then? It HAS TO COME FROM JOL, he is the MANAGER!

BalDrick

Quote from: epsomraver on December 11, 2011, 11:24:25 AM

So the players decide the tactics then? It HAS TO COME FROM JOL, he is the MANAGER!

I don't think TG is suggesting the players have their own game plan and plain ignore the manager's instructions, more that he's surprised Jol's putting out a team with instructions like this.

Have to say, although I'm not joining the Jol out bandwagon just yet, from what I've read today I no longer have the feeling Jol will be with us for the long haul. I may be wrong, in many ways I hope I am because longevity is what we need after the last 2 managers left in quick succession, but he just doesn't 'feel' Fulham. I'm not suggesting he's out on his arse soon, and I have no idea who could take over, but he just feels like a stand-in, in a way Hodgson and even Hughes didn't.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: BalDrick on December 11, 2011, 11:31:09 AM

I don't think TG is suggesting the players have their own game plan and plain ignore the manager's instructions, more that he's surprised Jol's putting out a team with instructions like this.

Have to say, although I'm not joining the Jol out bandwagon just yet, from what I've read today I no longer have the feeling Jol will be with us for the long haul. I may be wrong, in many ways I hope I am because longevity is what we need after the last 2 managers left in quick succession, but he just doesn't 'feel' Fulham. I'm not suggesting he's out on his arse soon, and I have no idea who could take over, but he just feels like a stand-in, in a way Hodgson and even Hughes didn't.

What utter rubbish.

Hughes ran away as soon as he realised he would have to refresh the squad.

Jol has started making (difficult) changes and has really encouraged the youth players to make an impact.

He may not be here for ever, but he will rebuild the team over the next three years at least.

epsomraver

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 11, 2011, 11:43:48 AM
Quote from: BalDrick on December 11, 2011, 11:31:09 AM

What utter rubbish.

Hughes ran away as soon as he realised he would have to refresh the squad.

Jol has started making (difficult) changes and has really encouraged the youth players to make an impact.

He may not be here for ever, but he will rebuild the team over the next three years at least.

What to get us in the play offs?  with a team you  have to make changes gradually , not wholesale, look at the top teams, they gradually evolve,  watch the door come January there will be a lot of quality players wanting out of Fulham

ElissonSnygg

Quote from: Tom on December 11, 2011, 08:24:40 AM
Quote from: FLETCHINO on December 11, 2011, 08:06:00 AM
I would take that swap.

Me2
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

BalDrick

'What utter rubbish.'

It's what my gut feeling is at the moment so, while you may not agree with it, it's not utter rubbish. Hodgson felt really right for Fulham, we all know that, and for me Hughes was starting to too. Thus far, for me anyway, Jol feels like a stand-in - of course the fact we've had 3 managers in as many seasons is going to mean anyone feels like a stand-in initially.

'Jol has started making (difficult) changes'

Yes he has, and some needed making, but I'm not sure he's making them particularly effectively, nor indeed successfuly.

'...and has really encouraged the youth players to make an impact'

Really? Kasami - to my mind our best buy of the summer - hasn't kicked a ball in anger for weeks has he? I know Frei came on yesterday but how much time did he have?

'Hughes ran away as soon as he realised he would have to refresh the squad.'

In fact I suspect Hughes ran away the minute he discovered he wasn't going to get his hands on unlimited funds.

millsy

I agree that yesterday's team tactics (also at Twente) were poor. Both games extremely negative and was obvious from the outset that the plan was not to concede. To be fair, Jol has said as much on record recently, stating that we were giving too much away and needed to get back to a solid, hard to breakdown, platform. Trouble is, despite Schwartzer's valiant weekly efforts, we're not quite good enough all round and ride our luck. This ran out at Twente and Swansea.

Frustratingly, if we played to our strengths yesterday, I think we would have won the game. I think the players realise this, especially after enduring the same experience against Spurs recently. The truth is, we're more than a match for the so called strong teams (evidence Spurs, City, Arsenal, Liverpool, FC Twente, Chelsea, Villa, Everton) and better than most others.

I really would like to see a bolder approach to team selection. If we're going to struggle against the drop, let's at least  our young blades the chance to perform i.e. Frei, Gecov, Kasami and Briggs. Can't wait to have Sidwell back and Ruiz clearly needs to play behind the striker, who I don't believe can be Sa, who looks very ordinary.

Finally, we've got plenty of skill in the team. The defence options are fine, inc. first class keeper. What we need, like every other team, is a regular goal threat. If not BZ then we must line someone up a s apriority!

Millsy