watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The View from South Texas -- Swansea v. Fulham FC

Started by HatterDon, December 10, 2011, 11:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Ah, what the hell. Who needs it; fuh-gehta-bout-it.

No shots on goal in the first half; only woke up when we conceded; prayed for AJ to take the penalty; gave away ANOTHER easy goal immediately after NOT taking control of the match. And all the damage was done with Routledge and not Dyer on the pitch.

What's new? And all that from listening to GJ live this morning. I've recorded the match on DVR, but I'm going to watch it only because Simon Davies is playing, and it's been a very long time since I've seen Super Taffy.

I know you all must be gutted, but I'm not surprised that (a) we didn't score in South Wales or (b) that they controlled the pace and tempo. They're a very good side.

This is all you get from me. Man of the Match: John Toschak.

We'd better take control of the Cottage against Bolton. I'se regusted.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

finnster01

Great to see you back on the board mate.  :clap_hands:

Today I am still trying to figure out how I didn't fall a sleep during the match
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

FatFreddysCat

Sorry mate, too depressed to even read it, no slight on you, i'm not  even going to watch the highlights, really thought a draw was the least we should have got today. Suffering from man flu big time, I think a Madras is in order to sweat it out  :028:

finnster01

All right, that's me taking my lady for a NY ruby tonight.

Not the same as a proper London one, but all this ruby talk has gotten me hungry. Unfortunately I have to behave a lot better here in the curry houses in NY so sometimes I forget and it doesn't work out very well. A good tip tends to mend the damage though.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: finnster01 on December 11, 2011, 12:15:13 AM
All right, that's me taking my lady for a NY ruby tonight.

Not the same as a proper London one, but all this ruby talk has gotten me hungry. Unfortunately I have to behave a lot better here in the curry houses in NY so sometimes I forget and it doesn't work out very well. A good tip tends to mend the damage though.

Good for you, i've stocked up on meat in Tesco today, half price lamb, sides of salmon, pork. Ended up £185 out of pocket, but after all that i really fancy a ring stinger.

Lighthouse

Point of Order. Swansea ARE NOT A VERY GOOD SIDE. To be honest they were dreadful on this display and looked toothless and poor at the back. Thank God they were playing the worst tactical Fulham side I can remember in Prem history. I hear all the drivel about us being no worse off than last season and keep being told how poor we were under Hughes before Christmas. But Hughes had made an effort to push players forward. We may have been rubbish but we were rubbish while we had a go.

This side is in need of forwards. But it will not matter because we will have the tactics of not doing anything offensive other than to the watching fans. Until we concede. Dreadful and embarrassing. Frankly I hope Jol manages to change tactics and sorts out the players he seems to have upset. But playing his way has made us the worst Fulham side to watch since Sanchez reverted to the long ball. Even that was a positive move. Roy may have been dull to watch. But even he had the odd method of moving forward.

Awful.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 11, 2011, 12:35:03 AM
Point of Order. Swansea ARE NOT A VERY GOOD SIDE. To be honest they were dreadful on this display and looked toothless and poor at the back. Thank God they were playing the worst tactical Fulham side I can remember in Prem history. I hear all the drivel about us being no worse off than last season and keep being told how poor we were under Hughes before Christmas. But Hughes had made an effort to push players forward. We may have been rubbish but we were rubbish while we had a go.

This side is in need of forwards. But it will not matter because we will have the tactics of not doing anything offensive other than to the watching fans. Until we concede. Dreadful and embarrassing. Frankly I hope Jol manages to change tactics and sorts out the players he seems to have upset. But playing his way has made us the worst Fulham side to watch since Sanchez reverted to the long ball. Even that was a positive move. Roy may have been dull to watch. But even he had the odd method of moving forward.

Awful.
Yep crap today, but then who would have thought four points from Red Scousers and the Arse?

HatterDon

I was surprised to see so many responses to my NON-report for this match -- especially in the middle of the night over in Old Blighty.

Then I see that it's because Freddy and Finn are chatting about food ... .  fp.gif

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: HatterDon on December 11, 2011, 12:50:29 AM
I was surprised to see so many responses to my NON-report for this match -- especially in the middle of the night over in Old Blighty.

Then I see that it's because Freddy and Finn are chatting about food ... .  fp.gif
I hate them barstewards  that go off topic  :015: Anyhow, definately fancy something that makes my kyber look like the Japanese  flag the next morning. lamb Madras, chicken Jalfrezi, saag aloo should do the trick, you must have been spoilt for chioce in Luton HD.

timmyg

It was good to see Davies back. But, he was starting at CM.

What, was Bocanegra not around to fill in for our depleted midfield?

Says it all about our current predicament really.
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

nevzter

Quote from: timmyg on December 11, 2011, 04:29:40 PM

I cringed when the Gentle' Jim told me Dempsey stepped to the penalty spot.  And the crowd roar told me all I needed to know.  AJ?  FFS?  Succinct but sweet, HD.  Still, a part of me believed in Demps to make right for Chelsea, but, I was wrong.  The second goal conceded was blasphemous.  Those goals hurt at the final table. 

Anyway, Eff it all to hell.  COYW
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

HatterDon

Quote from: nevzter on December 12, 2011, 12:55:48 AM
Quote from: timmyg on December 11, 2011, 04:29:40 PM

I cringed when the Gentle' Jim told me Dempsey stepped to the penalty spot.  And the crowd roar told me all I needed to know.  AJ?  FFS?  Succinct but sweet, HD.  Still, a part of me believed in Demps to make right for Chelsea, but, I was wrong.  The second goal conceded was blasphemous.  Those goals hurt at the final table. 

Anyway, Eff it all to hell.  COYW

please see the thread marked "upon further review" to see my reaction the day after.