more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Backing

Started by Jambo, December 10, 2011, 06:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick the Swede

Quote from: finnster01 on December 10, 2011, 10:07:45 PM

Jol can not manage players. Well known fact. That's how Hamburg and Ajax got rid of him.

Hang on a minute, is this the same AJAX who refused to let him come to us 18 months ago because they wanted to keep him in charge? 

---

Like some others I also think the problem is more about the so called "senior" players than the manager. Of course it is easier to get rid of one guy than a few players, but I think it's time to complete the generation shift and if that means getting rid of some BIG names, so be it.

Dropping 2-3 points away from home to "lesser" teams is hardly anything new, it happend regularly under Sparky, Woy, S*nchez, Coleman et al. Not saying I like or even accept it, but that's the reality.

Still willing to give Jol time and I hope that even if you don't like the guy, please get behind him for a bit longer as I don't think MAF will hit the panic button just yet.
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Oakeshott

No one is yet, as far as I can recall, booing Jol at matches (though it will be interesting to hear what happens if we put in a similarly lack-lustre effort against Bolton to that for the first hour or so against Swansea). Rather, it is a matter of exchanging differences of opinion on a forum. The one thing that unites all of us is a wish to see our Club continue its Premiership tenure, and the differences are simply reflections on what folk see as the best way of ensuring that.

MAF had no compunction about outing LS (who in fact made several good signings - let's hope MJ's turn out as well), and of course we don't know how close he came to getting rid of Hughes in the wake of the loss to West Ham game (ironically a LS signing may well have saved Hughes' bacon then). But if we are in the relegation zone come January, as we are very likely to be if we fail to beat Bolton, outing Jol must be something that MAF at least considers. After all what did he say when he sacked LS - essentially that the Board cannot contemplate losing the Club's Premiership status.