more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (13/12/11)...

Started by WhiteJC, December 13, 2011, 07:59:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

FA Youth Cup Preview

Fulham's Under 18s are in FA Youth Cup action on Tuesday evening at Motspur Park when Carlisle United make the long trip down to London (kick-off 6pm).

Under the guidance of former Fulham defender Kit Symons, the Whites have enjoyed a positive season to date, replicating the form that saw them win their section of the Premier Academy League and reach the national Final.

With more than 35 goals scored in the league so far, Symons' side again occupied top spot – although recent defeats Norwich City and Southampton saw Arsenal move above them.

However, Fulham will certainly be amongst the favourites to do well in this competition as one of the country's most respected academies. They will of course, be looking to better the 2009/10 season when they reached the Quarter Final, losing to Aston Villa courtesy of a last-minute extra-time goal.

A 6-4 defeat of West Bromwich Albion at this stage of the competition last year was followed by a convincing 3-0 defeat of Norwich City in the Fourth Round. A disappointing performance against Watford in the Fifth Round ended hopes of back-to-back Quarter-Finals.

Tonight's opponents, Carlisle United, reside in the Football League Youth Alliance North West Division and reached the Second Round last season, having defeated Wrexham 3-1 after extra-time, before slipping to a 2-0 loss against Walsall.

To reach the Third Round stage, the Cumbrians have seen off Sheffield Wednesday 4-1 and Kidderminster Harriers 1-0.

"Overall I have been delighted with the progress that we have made this season," said Symons. "We've had a bit of a wobble lately, but I'm pleased with the boys' mentality. We know that there is work to do, and we'll address that.

"We kick-off our involvement in the FA Youth Cup tonight and this is a competition that we take very seriously. Some clubs play it down, but we're very much the other way inclined – we want to put our boys under pressure and see if they can step up to the mark and that's something this competition can give you."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/December/FAYouthCupPreview.aspx?#ixzz1gPsqjDJg

WhiteJC

Former Fulham boss set to join Nicolas Anelka at Shanghai Shenua

Jean Tigana is set to take charge at the Chinese club

Former Fulham boss Jean Tigana is set to take charge of Chinese club Shanghai Shenua.

The Frenchman took the Whites to the Premier League in 2001, picking up 101 points in the process before he was sacked in 2003.

He would join up with Nicolas Anelka, who signed a contract with the club yesterday after submitting a transfer request at Chelsea.

"Tigana, from the looks of it currently, is not a big problem," club's director Zhou Jun said. "When he was last in Shanghai he said the next time he is seen there it would be to coach Shenhua Football Club.

"So if you see Tigana at Shanghai International Airport you know hes our coach."

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/former_fulham_boss_set_to_join_nicolas_anelka_at_shanghai_shenua_1_1152361?

WhiteJC

Zamora set for Fulham exit

Aston Villa hope to end their goal scoring problems by signing Bobby Zamora from Fulham in January.

Zamora has been heavily linked with a move away from Craven Cottage after falling out with new manager Martin Jol which saw the front man being left out of their squad for the trip to Swansea. He is looking ahead to next summer's European Championships and with Wayne Rooney out of the opening two games, there is a spot for a striker and he obviously feels that he could be the man to fill that spot.

Jol admits he is just rotating a talented front line which includes Andy Johnson, Moussa Dembele and Brian Ruiz as well as Clint Dempsey. With quality players already at the club, Fulham might cash in when the window opens but a deal might be put on hold if Andy Johnson doesn't sign a new contract.
Jol said: 'Bobby is probably not the best substitute to have on the bench. I made the decision to play Johnson because he works hard in training.'

Villa have been linked with making a move for Zamora as Alec McLeish looks to end his goal scoring problems. Darren Bent and Gabby Agblonlahor are yet to fire on all cylinders so far this season which has resulted in Villa sitting in mid table and drawing a lot of games. Zamora would add fire power and an another goal scoring threat and could form a formidable partnership with Darren Bent who also needs to start performing in order to make the plane for Poland/Ukraine.
McLeish is a big admirer of the 30 year old but Harry Redknapp is also interested if Spurs let a few of their unhappy strikers go.

http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/soccer_irish/69938/?

WhiteJC

KINDER'S KIDS CAN THRIVE AGAINST FULHAM

COACH Eric Kinder insists Carlisle United's kids can thrive on their underdog status in tonight's big FA Youth Cup test at Fulham.

The young Blues will have to cause a major shock against the Premier League's academy side if they are to reach the fourth round.

But Kinder says his in-form players are capable of overturning the Cottagers if they play to their full potential in London.

"Nobody will give us a chance, but now and then over the years we have pulled off a surprise result in this competition," said the coach.

"We will be giving it our best shot."

United's under-18 side travelled to the capital yesterday to ensure their preparations for the third round game are right.

Kinder has been watching footage of some of Fulham's recent games and is aware of the challenge his table-topping Carlisle face.

"West Ham gave me a DVD they did before they played Fulham and I have seen three of their games, which they all won comfortably," said the coach, who is without injured striker Alex Salmon but can call on the likes of Josh Todd and Brad Potts, who have been involved with the first-team squad this year.

"All my contacts tell me they are a very strong, organised team and it's going to be a massive challenge.

"It will show us how far we have progressed, but the players have surprised me already this season with how well we have done.

"Fulham have paid us the ultimate respect of coming to watch us. They will look at our record and not take us lightly.

"It is a terrific fixture for us and we are really excited about it."

The game is being played at Fulham's Motspur Park training centre, kick-off 6pm.

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/carlisle-united/latest/kinder-s-kids-can-thrive-against-fulham-1.906039?referrerPath=/1.49997

WhiteJC

QPR set to Raid London Rivals for £10m England International Striker

Queens Park Rangers manager Neill Warnock is set to step up his pursuit of a new striker and has set his sights on Fulham forward Bobby Zamora and is planning to make a move once the January transfer window opens for business, according to reports in the Daily Mail.

Zamora has fallen out with Fulham manager Martin Jol after being left out of the squad to face Swansea last weekend.

The 30-year-old forward is keen to earn a place in a place in England's Euro 2012 squad, and knows he needs to be playing regular first-team football should he be on the plane to Poland and the Ukraine in the summer.

A host of Premier League clubs have been alerted to the situation between Zamora and Fulham including, Aston Villa, Sunderland and QPR.

However it is believed that QPR are leading the chase for the England international as they look score more goals to secure their place in the Premiership next term and are ready to table a £10million offer the Fulham striker.

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/qpr-set-to-raid-london-rivals-for-10m-england-international-striker-14202/?

WhiteJC

Swansea winger Scott Sinclair vows to stay after rumours of Fulham interest
The former Chelsea man wants to repay the club for having such faith in him by staying in Wales for the foreseeable future, despite reports linking him with move back to London

Swansea winger Scott Sinclair has promised to stay at the Liberty Stadium after reports circulated that he could leave in the January transfer window.

Recent transfer rumours suggest that Fulham are keeping a close eye on the former Chelsea man and they are prepared to make a bid in the new year.

The ex-England U21 international has arguably been the Swans' best player this season, causing havoc for defences with his skills and pace, and has three goals to his name so far.

The 22-year-old is grateful to Brendan Rodgers and the club for giving him a platform to showcase his talents, which he was not able to do while at Chelsea.

The winger is looking to repay the club's faith in him by staying for the foreseeable future.

He told Sky Sports News: "I'm happy here. I'm under a manager who has confidence in me and I'm playing week in, week out – and there aren't many players who can say that.

"I'm enjoying being here and learning from the manager."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/12/13/2800664/swansea-winger-scott-sinclair-vows-to-stay-after-rumours-of?