News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol's Fallouts w/some players,,wish he would keep his mouth shut (merged)

Started by White Noise, December 13, 2011, 11:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

I think the fact Jol felt the need to ask -

"I said to him a few weeks ago 'do you love this club?' and he said 'yes, I love this club, I love this team'."

... suggests that he was unsure about where he stood with Zamora and the players commitment. So all was/is not as he has been saying.

MJG

A mostly anti Jol responses so far on this thread. Should he have said this? Well maybe he's being honest and saying what a lot of speculation has pointed at. Now its in the open.

The one line out of the whole thing that stands out is this "Jol said 80 per cent of his players need winding up to perform at their best" WHY? is my question if that's true. Don't they earn enough to try and perform to their best? Is it because Jol has come in and tried to mess whith the cosy group they have?

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

TonyGilroy

Quote from: MJG on December 14, 2011, 08:12:10 AM
A mostly anti Jol responses so far on this thread. Should he have said this? Well maybe he's being honest and saying what a lot of speculation has pointed at. Now its in the open.

The one line out of the whole thing that stands out is this "Jol said 80 per cent of his players need winding up to perform at their best" WHY? is my question if that's true. Don't they earn enough to try and perform to their best? Is it because Jol has come in and tried to mess whith the cosy group they have?

There must be a lot of truth in that but I'm left with the clear impression that Jol feels that its good to be confrontational with his players.

He's not the first manager to think that but I hadn't realised that Jol was from the Clough school of management and that's not an approach I'm comfortable with.

I still think that for all the angst on here the results have been OK but Jol's apparent attitude leaves space for things to implode badly if players cease WANTING to play for him.

I'm more concerned now than I was.

alfie

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 14, 2011, 12:00:10 AM
I do wish Jol was included in the banned talking to the press like his players.

Interesting this Jol thing, because i am sure a while ago when all this stuff and rumours started people on here were asking for answers as to what is going on, so now Jol has decided to give an interview and some explantions he gets put down for speaking out.

We read all these things in the press and immediately believe everything but without know the facts or reasons, and to be sure some of it is correct, but we never really knew why, i for one do not have a problem with this as long as it is correct, but then who really knows........
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

MJG

Quote from: alfie on December 14, 2011, 08:23:06 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on December 14, 2011, 12:00:10 AM
I do wish Jol was included in the banned talking to the press like his players.

Interesting this Jol thing, because i am sure a while ago when all this stuff and rumours started people on here were asking for answers as to what is going on, so now Jol has decided to give an interview and some explantions he gets put down for speaking out.

+1

NorthernWhite

White Noise

Quote from: NorthernWhite on December 14, 2011, 08:58:08 AM
Quote from: White Noise on December 14, 2011, 08:48:58 AM
Jol fielding Zamora questions yesterday -

Jol: I've no problem with Zamora

He looks like he hasn't slept for about 3 nights in that video!

Body language is interesting though. Not too defensive, seems to be telling the truth and seemingly not that bothered by the whole thing. Perhaps this is all just a storm in a teacup?

NorthernWhite

Quote from: White Noise on December 14, 2011, 09:04:32 AM

Body language is interesting though. Not too defensive, seems to be telling the truth and seemingly not that bothered by the whole thing. Perhaps this is all just a storm in a teacup?

It could be or he's just arrogant and isn't particularly bothered what people think.

We'll know after Christmas how things are panning out. We've put in some better performances of late (Swansea 1st half aside) so a result tonight, against Bolton and another one through Christmas and we should be happy enough.

Hopefully the Bobby situation can be put to one side for a bit now and an excellent performance from him tonight should help convince us all that he wants to stay at the club and be back to his best.

finnster01

Quote from: White Noise on December 14, 2011, 09:04:32 AM

Well we will know for sure in about 2/3 weeks
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

AlFayedsChequebook

Jol is just being Dutch and calling like he sees it.

Am I the only one who finds it funny his response to the Zamora question was a heavily sarcastic 'I love him'.

When this first came out weeks ago, before the QPR game I was worried, however we have looked alright since and seem to play well everytime there is a big splash about players/managers clashing.

The other thing is that Jol has upset the 'senior' players, i.e. the ones who are most set in their ways. I dont notice other Key but younger players (Dembele, Clint, Hangeland) leaking stories to the press.

I think Zamora will stay, but AJ will be off in Jan for a couple of mill. The new striker will come in and fall in line. Rebellion probably quelled.

BalDrick

Not got time to read through the whole of this merged one but amazing when you remember Hodgson treated the players like grown-ups, and that didn't seem to be too detrimental on results
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: BalDrick on December 14, 2011, 09:21:47 AM
Not got time to read through the whole of this merged one but amazing when you remember Hodgson treated the players like grown-ups, and that didn't seem to be too detrimental on results

Did Hodgson not treat them like children in footballing terms though? Lots of training based on where you should be on the pitch and when, keeping everything organised etc. By the end, there were many players who liked the less structured Hughes training

aussierod

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 14, 2011, 09:20:07 AM

Am I the only one who finds it funny his response to the Zamora question was a heavily sarcastic 'I love him'.

When this first came out weeks ago, before the QPR game I was worried, however we have looked alright since and seem to play well everytime there is a big splash about players/managers clashing.

The other thing is that Jol has upset the 'senior' players, i.e. the ones who are most set in their ways. I dont notice other Key but younger players (Dembele, Clint, Hangeland) leaking stories to the press.

I think Zamora will stay, but AJ will be off in Jan for a couple of mill. The new striker will come in and fall in line. Rebellion probably quelled.

Actually, i enjoy his sense of irony and sarcasm too.

The one thing I wish to point out is that the last time major unrest stories came out was the week before we pumped QPR 6-0.... Perhaps Jols 'motivation' works.... Only time will tell.

Hodgson doesn't wind his players up and treated them very civil but he also maintained the same XI week in, week out with NO substitutions or any variations whatsoever. I could imagine the rest of the squad outside the starting XI being very frustrated and disinterested
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

SKSW6

It says a lot when 30 year old Hangeland and 28 year old Dempsey are referred to as "younger players"! I don't agree that the rebellion would be quelled if AJ left in jan assuming we keep Zamora as they seem to be bffs, so AJ leaving would put BZ in an even bigger mood with Jol. Thanks to everyone compiling the news reports into this thread, but it's been one of the most depressing things I've read in a long time.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: SKSW6 on December 14, 2011, 09:48:47 AM

It says a lot when 30 year old Hangeland and 28 year old Dempsey are referred to as "younger players"! I don't agree that the rebellion would be quelled if AJ left in jan assuming we keep Zamora as they seem to be bffs, so AJ leaving would put BZ in an even bigger mood with Jol. Thanks to everyone compiling the news reports into this thread, but it's been one of the most depressing things I've read in a long time.

Still, my point stands - the players who will be key over the next few years have remained quiet and played well this season. Other older more 'set in their ways' players have thrown the toys out the pram.

White Noise

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7376744/

Riise - Zamora seems happy

Full-back unaware of any rift between team-mate and Fulham boss Jol

Last Updated: December 14, 2011 9:27am

John Arne Riise: Fulham full-back has not noticed a problem between Bobby Zamora and Martin Jol

John Arne Riise says he has not detected any problems with Bobby Zamora following reports the Fulham striker has had a bust-up with manager Martin Jol.

Zamora's omission from Fulham's 2-0 defeat at Swansea City on Saturday led to renewed speculation that the England international would be on his way out of Craven Cottage in January.

The forward is expected to return to the starting line-up for Wednesday's Europa League tie with Odense and Jol has insisted there is no issue with Zamora.

And, when asked if he was aware of any issues between them, Riise said: "First of all I haven't read the papers.

"Tuesday was the first time I trained since the weekend and he trained normally and as far as I am concerned I had no clue.

"He looked smiley and happy so if there is any rift I don't know about that."

Europa target

Meanwhile, Riise believes Fulham will win their all-important Europa League encounter against Odense if they are on top of their game.

"I think every competition and every game is important," said Riise, with Fulham knowing victory will clinch a place in the knockout stages.

"The Europa League is going to be interesting now after the Champions League last week, with both Manchester teams now in and Valencia and stuff.

"It is a big competition and obviously we want to win the games, but at the same time we're also thinking about the Premier League.

"But now I'm focusing on the game on Wednesday and after that game, we'll see how it goes and focus on Bolton on Saturday.

"We go into the game tomorrow hoping to win. I don't know the team yet so I don't know what the manager is thinking, but everybody wants to play.

"We're meeting a side that is struggling in the Europa League, but at the same time we know they have the quality to hurt us if they play at their best.

"We have to be on top of our game, but I just want to play as much as I can - enjoy it, get in a rhythm and if you are rested sometimes that is fine as well."

White Noise

Listen to an interview with John Collins -

Former Cottagers midfielder John Collins claims media are hyping up problems between striker and manager.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/sports-breakfast/blog/2011-12-14/collins-theres-no-rift-between-jol-and-zamora

BalDrick

'The one thing I wish to point out is that the last time major unrest stories came out was the week before we pumped QPR 6-0.... Perhaps Jols 'motivation' works.... Only time will tell.'

Thing is, these things only work a certain amount of times don't they?

'Hodgson doesn't wind his players up and treated them very civil but he also maintained the same XI week in, week out with NO substitutions or any variations whatsoever. I could imagine the rest of the squad outside the starting XI being very frustrated and disinterested'

Has to be said though, Jol has far more to choose from.

Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town