more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Attitudes Changing with Age?

Started by Logicalman, December 14, 2011, 12:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

Good post Mr RR  :clap_hands:

For me it is a bit different. I used to have 6 ST, for years. 3 in the Hammersmith end and 3 in the Riverside. Before that, there was a time I couldn't even afford to buy a ticket at the gate but Fulham was my one escape.

Now I live in the US and obviously have given up my tix. Question I ask myself: Would I have kept my tix if I still lived in London?

Not an easy answer to be honest
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

epsomraver

Once MJ came you would have been first at the ticket office Finn!  :005:

Nick the Swede

Quote from: richie17 on December 14, 2011, 04:21:57 PM

Jack, if I may be so bold, there does seem to be a slightly incorrect impression about the singing at english football.  I see some MLS teams' fans on youtube, etc, and they're all big on what they seem to think are authentic chants, but I suspect that if many of them actually came to the Premier League they'd be really disappointed with how things are here.

The same thing has happened over here, singing/chanting from the terraces in Sweden came from England when we first got televised games in the late 60's and has since ever evolved. The atmosphere at a derby in Sweden is 100 times better than in England these days. The sad thing is that the game over here hasn't evolved much over the same period.  

Also, the English "wit" is still better in its original form. Seems like swedish humor doesn't work as well in the stands (besides the odd gem here and there).

---

What many of you are describing earlier in the thread could be said for my childhood team as well (which I still follow from a distance). But my love and fascination with/for Fulham just seem to increase every day. I guess it's different to support a team from a far and those 6-10 games a season you look forward to for such a long time before they actually takes place. The feeling of gathering large groups of fans from Scandinavia every spring where, for some, the only common denominator is Fulham is tremendous.

My visits to Odense and Kraków this season, I'll cherish for life.  

Nah, Fulham will remain a prioritized part of my life for years to come I think!
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

King_Crud

Quote from: Nick the Swede on December 14, 2011, 04:35:10 PM
The same thing has happened over here, singing/chanting from the terraces in Sweden came from England when we first got televised games in the late 60's and has since ever evolved. The atmosphere at a derby in Sweden is 100 times better than in England these days.

I went to Malmo v Gotherburg, cracking atmopshere

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

I hate my job(interview went well today,maybe this will improve)
I hate the people I work with(mostly chinless wonders)
I hate the shifts I have to work
I hate being skint
My escape?? Fulham FC the whole day is fantastic,a breath of fresh air,the train ride out of the hell hole that is Reading to the big smoke, one of the greatest cities in the world London,a trip on the tube,then meeting mates for breakfast,then the tube again to the pub for beer and banter,talk about the match,our team and our chances.Then the finest walk in football to one of the last original football grounds,The Cottage and then the game-football is so much more than 90 minutes and no word of a lie has kept me sane :clap_hands:
I've met fantastic people(and Fat Fred :dft012:) because of Fulham,I've had great times because of Fulham-all of this was before or after the match it's self-I enjoy the football I really do,but it's only 90 out of the day and I love my day at the football,all of it

Berserker

I agree the actual football match is just a small part of the whole thing, albiet imortant, it's all the rest of it as well
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.