Main Menu

Believe!!!

Started by White Noise, March 17, 2010, 11:30:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

We Can Do It

Wednesday 17th March 2010

Fulham FC News

Roy Hodgson's Team return to the Cottage on Thursday night for their UEFA Europa League showdown with Juventus and as the players arrived for training on Wednesday morning, goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer spoke of his belief that Fulham can cause a major upset on home soil tomorrow night.

"The game is there to be won," said Schwarzer. "There's a lot to play for in the second leg. We know Juventus are a very good side and we'll have to be on top form if we're going to go through.

"It's all about having the self-belief that you can go and win the game. We're more than capable of doing that. The style of play and the type of pressure that we can apply at home is something that can work very much in our favour.

"It's our job now to make life very difficult for them and who knows, if we put them under enough pressure and perform well on the night, there's every chance that we can cause an upset."

Schwarzer believes the unique atmosphere that will undoubtedly be generated at the Cottage on Thursday night, married with a high octane performance on the pitch, could provide the recipe for success against Juventus, as the Australian international keeper explains.

"The Italian teams are not used to playing in this type of stadium, they're not used to the type of 'in-your-face' football and pressure that we can create - and also the support that we have at home. Hopefully it's all going to work to our advantage but we can't underestimate how good a side they are and the kind of quality players they have in their side.

"We've played them already, we know what to expect from them and we know about their players the qualities of those players. I think we showed them enough respect in the first leg. We need to go out there and play our game and try to go into the game with the most amount of confidence and get the result we need.

"Beating Juventus would be huge, not only for me personally but for the Club and most importantly, the fans. It's never happened before in the Club's history. I enjoy playing European football and I want to continue and I think that we're good enough to go further in the competition."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/March/SchwarzerJuveHomePreview.aspx#ixzz0iQsILYVH

RidgeRider

Its inspiring to know that Mr. Schwarzer wants to continue to play in Europe. I realize this piece is from the club but his words to give you some confidence we may see a good performance on Thursday. Can't wait for this one.