News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How many posters in here either play or are involved with football????????

Started by DevonFFC, December 14, 2011, 10:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: ollienixs on December 14, 2011, 10:44:48 PM
As you all seem to think you could win the champs league with fulham, get off Jol's back give him time to impose himself upon the squad.

Scenario:

You get a new job as a manager, have been highly successful in previous jobs and come into a mediocre team with a few older workers who are set in there ways. You constantly get compared to the previous manager of the past and you have people who dont believe in you working for you and in your vision.... WHAT DO YOU DO?? WELL I WOULDNT WANT A LOAD OF MUGS WHO KNOW nothing at ALL ABOUT THE JOB I WAS IN GIVING THERE ALL ABOUT WHAT TO DO, AS IF THEY WERE THAT SPECIAL THEN BECOME A MANAGER YOURSELF....

IN JOL I TRUST

stop swearing on this board or I will delete your entire post next time, it is not allowed and won't be tolerated any longer!!!!!!!!

youre flat out wrong. He should be held accountbale for losing at home in a meaningful competition to a side equal to Peterborough.
The Dude abides.

Nick the Swede

Most of us probably like to think we know a bit about football. The thing is we're looking for different things and are not equally patient. Yes yesterday was awful, but I can't say that I blame Jol for losing/drawing. Having said that, I'll have to accept that some people wont agree with me!

I think we all want what is best for Fulham, we just tend to look at various solutions. (and of course seems to have different issues what the problem is).

I've been involved with football as a player and manager at high level U18, U20 but that doesn't mean for one second that I know more or less about the game than anyone else on the MB. 

At times people get frustrated over Jol, just as I get frustrated over the "Jol out"-brigade.

We all just have to deal with it, none of us is taking the decisions around the club!
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

finnster01

A very fair point Nick

BTW,I can't seem to be able to sleep because of this bleeping thing. It is 1:51 am here
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Nick the Swede on December 15, 2011, 06:25:38 AM
Most of us probably like to think we know a bit about football. The thing is we're looking for different things and are not equally patient. Yes yesterday was awful, but I can't say that I blame Jol for losing/drawing. Having said that, I'll have to accept that some people wont agree with me!

I think we all want what is best for Fulham, we just tend to look at various solutions. (and of course seems to have different issues what the problem is).

I've been involved with football as a player and manager at high level U18, U20 but that doesn't mean for one second that I know more or less about the game than anyone else on the MB. 

At times people get frustrated over Jol, just as I get frustrated over the "Jol out"-brigade.

We all just have to deal with it, none of us is taking the decisions around the club!

I get your point but the Jol Out Brigade just keep getting more and more ammunition. His radio interviews this morning have been woeful, yes of course he is going to be hiding an element of anger and disappointment, but "tired senior players". Thats what properly phased in substitutions are for and all bases were covered. We will all be making the most of hindsight but my abiding memory right from the start of the second half was Odense taking over two thirds of the pitch. Level One FA stuff to take it back. 

HatterDon

I don't know about the rest of you, but I purely love having a poster tell me that his is the final word on the subject because -- wait for it -- none of us is currently involved in professional football. That's right up there with being told we should have no opinions about politics because we aren't elected officials.

Isn't it nice to learn that one's contributions to the site are useless? Thank you so much for your clarity.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jack Fulham

Burt

I have played football weekly for years. And had to give up when I went over my ankle back in February.

Not sure what that qualifies me to say or do.

But there you have it.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on December 14, 2011, 11:18:50 PM
I think you'll find i'm Fulham's most successful manager  :008:

I helped manage Fulham supporters fc to the uk supporters league title, that was over 20 games fredster and not 2 games against a load of blokes with 2 left feet, I've also coached numerous boys who have then gone to academies, but people will still say I know sod all about football so doubt I'd even get an interview for the managers job ;-)

NogoodBoyo

Asking whether a fan is a football player or manager is a strange one, but I admire your tenacious support of Jol.  That he deserves until he no longer deserves it. 
However, it's the chairman's call, not ours.  But, I'll wager a Scotsman's underthreads that Fulham's management does pay heed to sentiment on this messageboard.  It's far cheaper and probably more accurate than hiring a tight-trowsered marketing consultant to test the fit of your customers' jibblocks.
Nogood "marketing now, isit" Boyo

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on December 15, 2011, 10:14:30 PM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on December 14, 2011, 11:18:50 PM
I think you'll find i'm Fulham's most successful manager  :008:

I helped manage Fulham supporters fc to the uk supporters league title, that was over 20 games fredster and not 2 games against a load of blokes with 2 left feet, I've also coached numerous boys who have then gone to academies, but people will still say I know sod all about football so doubt I'd even get an interview for the managers job ;-)
Have you tasted defeat though ? My team never has, no training or tactics, just hoping we get a team out, and asking who plays where. I'm Fulham's special one  :028:

DevonFFC

Quote from: HatterDon on December 15, 2011, 09:39:56 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I purely love having a poster tell me that his is the final word on the subject because -- wait for it -- none of us is currently involved in professional football. That's right up there with being told we should have no opinions about politics because we aren't elected officials.

Isn't it nice to learn that one's contributions to the site are useless? Thank you so much for your clarity.

I didn't say it was a final word just as your self and many other I'm voicin my opinion on the 'jol' out matter and the fact that before I make my opinion heard I tend to think about the wider picture and just what is involved and just what Jol signed up to, I.e the Squad he inherited.

All those player we have on that pitch are prem quality and once they step on to that pitch it is on there heads what happens, to blame a manager is an easy way out and frankly using Kol as a scapegoat

finnster01

Quote from: ollienixs on December 16, 2011, 08:02:03 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on December 15, 2011, 09:39:56 PM

I didn't say it was a final word just as your self and many other I'm voicin my opinion on the 'jol' out matter and the fact that before I make my opinion heard I tend to think about the wider picture and just what is involved and just what Jol signed up to, I.e the Squad he inherited.

All those player we have on that pitch are prem quality and once they step on to that pitch it is on there heads what happens, to blame a manager is an easy way out and frankly using Kol as a scapegoat

Agree. It is all Kol's fault. I think Jan Koller is fatter than Shefki Kuqi but it is a close call

The Equalizer

You don't need to be a filmmaker to be a film critic. You don't need to be a politician to be a political journalist.

You don't need to be a football manager to be able to comment on the sport.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

finnster01

And you do not need large Bristols to be a prostitute but it does help 092.gif

NorthernWhite

I heard Mickey Quinn on the radio the other day, he played football at the highest level.

He's also an idiot and I wouldn't listen to a word he says about football or anything else for that matter so I'm not sure what you're point is on the initial posting.

DevonFFC

Quote from: The Equalizer on December 16, 2011, 08:26:56 AM
You don't need to be a filmmaker to be a film critic. You don't need to be a politician to be a political journalist.

However you do need a deeper understanding rather than looking at it from on face value.

The Equalizer

Quote from: ollienixs on December 16, 2011, 10:57:40 AM
Quote from: The Equalizer on December 16, 2011, 08:26:56 AM

However you do need a deeper understanding rather than looking at it from on face value.

I don't dispute that. I still don't see where active involvement in football comes into it though, there are plenty of amateur statisticians around who probably know more about football than half the people working in it.

And certainly about 90% of armchair viewers know more about football than Alan Shearer, Andy Townsend and Mark Lawrenson.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Lighthouse

We live in a democracy (sort of) and are asked to vote for some person or party we know little about. I vote but have never been involved in running the country.

Life is superficial.

Unless I am informed by those in charge of my country or football team I continue to make a best guess on what to think.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mr_Moon

MJG

Have played nothing more than a decent Sunday level and now play Vets football.
I have also managed/coached/cleaned the kit of many an adult side and also coached u13's.

Was close to the Fulham board and seeing what was going on in the dark old days(late 80's early 90's),So understand a bit of that.
Also was part of setting up a non lge side a few years ago.

35 years of watching Fulham.

I think this allows someone like me to make a comment or two on players, managers, clubs and football as a whole. Just as anyone on this board can. People who say 'becuase you have not played you don't know' are wrong.
I mention the dark old days above and Jimmy Hill was the chairman and he would always say something like that 'you dont know' 'Your just a fan'. Well Players, boards, groundsmmen, CEO's. They all come, they all go, but the one thing that remains are the fans, and we know best.  :drums: