more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Too Much Change too Quick?

Started by ffctom_b, December 15, 2011, 10:28:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamMic

Quote from: epsomraver on December 15, 2011, 12:17:33 PM
Why would someone so mild mannered as Hangeland speak out? also why did he have probably his worst game ever for Fulham last night.The muppet in the dugout is where the buck stops.

Please tell me where Hangeland has spoken out AND blamed Jol rather than injuries and/or new squad members ?

Was Jol responsible for Dembele slapping the little Argentine cheat? No.
Was Jol responsible for the little Argentine cheat rolling around on the floor like he'd been shot in the head? No.
Was Jol responsible for the poor referring decision to send Dembele off? No.

Was Jol responsible for AJ getting sent off against Twente? No.

Was Jol responsible for Baird (apparently the answer to all our problems if you believe this board) giving away a needless free kick on the edge of our box? No.
Was Jol responsible for the Odense player craftily moving the ball a foot to the right? No.
Was Jol responsible for the ref missing it? No.
Was Jol responsible for not a single player in the wall taking notice? No.
Was Jol responsible for being forced into giving the inexperienced Etheridge his debut in a must win game? No.
Was Jol responsible for Schwarzer's injury? No.
Was Jol responsible for Frei and Sa's naivety about what to do with the ball when you're on the edge of the oppositions box with less that a minute to go? No.

Therefore, I'm completely bemused as to how the book stops with Jol regarding our failure to qualify to the knock out rounds?

BalDrick

'...and three older players who are gradually being marginalised are undermining the manager by leaking stuff to the press rather than getting on with it (Zamora, AJ and Murphy)...'

We don't know this to be true at all do we?

Bottom line, none of us will know whose fault it is - and besides, to an extent deciding whose fault it is is by the bye, it needs resolving, and sharpish.

I was thinking this morning how, when we, Blackburn and Bolton were promoted, we were at the time, and still are, the only 3 promoted clubs to have stayed up together - indeed since then none of us have been relegated. Funny (in a not funny in the slightest way) that it wouldn't actually be out of the bounds of possibility for all 3 promoted clubs to stay up and us 3 to go down this season. Be pretty surprised if all 3 of us are still plying our trade in the Prem next season.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

FurMan

Quote from: BalDrick on December 15, 2011, 11:49:50 AM
If I were a member of our squad, if I hadn't already I'd be on the blower to Roy at West Brom this morning to see how his budget for next month was looking. Being 'only' a fan, I can't transfer but right now, wish I could.

I agree with you, and was joking with a couple people sitting around me last night whether West Brom would consider a manager swap deal. However it is quite interesting to look at the table and see West Brom actually sitting below us with a GD of -9 and 5 losses at home. Grass is always greener and all that I guess...

FulhamMic

Hodgson didn't get on with Bullard - gone in January

Hughes didn't seem to like either Gera or Pantsil - both gone

Jol seems not to get on Murphy or Zamora - expect both to be gone sooner rather than later

What people seem to be missing is that Hughes had similar problems and if the rumours are to be believed then he was experiencing the very same problems with the very same squad members that Jol is now. So the management changed, the squad didn't and lo and behold we have the same issues. The problem isn't Jol, nor will it be resolved by relieving him of his position. And should he be, and the old guard decide they don't particularly like the new gaffer or his tactics then the same will happen. Remove those causing the problems and the problem ceases to exist.

The old players know that a more attacking formation and tactic will expose their aged inadequacies which is why they were reluctant to adopt Hughes' more attacking style and why they are reluctant to adopt Jol's. Hodgsons style suited the old guard and that's why they seem so intent on not letting go.

BalDrick

Quote from: FurMan on December 15, 2011, 12:34:05 PM
Quote from: BalDrick on December 15, 2011, 11:49:50 AM
If I were a member of our squad, if I hadn't already I'd be on the blower to Roy at West Brom this morning to see how his budget for next month was looking. Being 'only' a fan, I can't transfer but right now, wish I could.

I agree with you, and was joking with a couple people sitting around me last night whether West Brom would consider a manager swap deal. However it is quite interesting to look at the table and see West Brom actually sitting below us with a GD of -9 and 5 losses at home. Grass is always greener and all that I guess...

Didn't know they were below us, nor with that poor a GD - not asking for Roy's head are they?

If you hear anyone singing there's only one Roy Hodgson on Saturday, it might be me!

alfie

I don't know if any of you out there have been involved in football other than as a supporter, i have and i have seen and experienced how 1 player can dominate the dressing room he only needs to get 3 or 4 players to his way of thinking and the team spirit is gone, what can the manager do, well basically once this happens he is very much on a loosing streak, ship out the offenders and hopefully the others will pull round.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

ffctom_b

Quote from: alfie on December 15, 2011, 12:52:10 PM
I don't know if any of you out there have been involved in football other than as a supporter, i have and i have seen and experienced how 1 player can dominate the dressing room he only needs to get 3 or 4 players to his way of thinking and the team spirit is gone, what can the manager do, well basically once this happens he is very much on a loosing streak, ship out the offenders and hopefully the others will pull round.

Yes and in the meantime, do what Chelsea have alleged to have done with Alex and Anelka and not let them anywhere near the first team.
twitter @tombrowning1977
Blog ffctomb.blogspot.com

BalDrick

Quote from: ffctom_b on December 15, 2011, 01:27:32 PM
Quote from: alfie on December 15, 2011, 12:52:10 PM

Yes and in the meantime, do what Chelsea have alleged to have done with Alex and Anelka and not let them anywhere near the first team.

Parallels between this and what Pardew discovered when he arrived at Newcastle - he shipped out Nolan, Barton and Harper and now look at them. Perhaps this is the way it is - impossible for us to know whose fault it all is. Zamora does appear to be acting like a petulant child though, no denying that.

White Noise

'The only way we'll fall at the last hurdle is by shooting ourselves in the foot.' - Danny Murphy before Odense game #fulham. Indeed.

BalDrick

Quote from: White Noise on December 15, 2011, 01:42:13 PM
'The only way we'll fall at the last hurdle is by shooting ourselves in the foot.' - Danny Murphy before Odense game #fulham. Indeed.

You're not really suggesting we threw the game are you? Genuine question, your posts are well thought out pieces.

I'm not sure either way, I'm really not. Ask me at 445 on Saturday.

finnster01

Quote from: FulhamMic on December 15, 2011, 12:28:32 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on December 15, 2011, 12:17:33 PM
Why would someone so mild mannered as Hangeland speak out? also why did he have probably his worst game ever for Fulham last night.The muppet in the dugout is where the buck stops.

Please tell me where Hangeland has spoken out AND blamed Jol rather than injuries and/or new squad members ?

Was Jol responsible for Dembele slapping the little Argentine cheat? No.
Was Jol responsible for the little Argentine cheat rolling around on the floor like he'd been shot in the head? No.
Was Jol responsible for the poor referring decision to send Dembele off? No.

Was Jol responsible for AJ getting sent off against Twente? No.

Was Jol responsible for Baird (apparently the answer to all our problems if you believe this board) giving away a needless free kick on the edge of our box? No.
Was Jol responsible for the Odense player craftily moving the ball a foot to the right? No.
Was Jol responsible for the ref missing it? No.
Was Jol responsible for not a single player in the wall taking notice? No.
Was Jol responsible for being forced into giving the inexperienced Etheridge his debut in a must win game? No.
Was Jol responsible for Schwarzer's injury? No.
Was Jol responsible for Frei and Sa's naivety about what to do with the ball when you're on the edge of the oppositions box with less that a minute to go? No.

Therefore, I'm completely bemused as to how the book stops with Jol regarding our failure to qualify to the knock out rounds?

Is Jol responsible for the performance of FFC? Yes.  :038:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

FulhamMic

Quote from: finnster01 on December 15, 2011, 03:50:30 PM
Is Jol responsible for the performance of FFC? Yes.  :038:

Well done for, in one single sentence, proving you have absolutely no idea about football management. Or even football in general. Touché  :dead horse:

finnster01

Quote from: FulhamMic on December 15, 2011, 04:29:36 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on December 15, 2011, 03:50:30 PM
Is Jol responsible for the performance of FFC? Yes.  :038:

Well done for, in one single sentence, proving you have absolutely no idea about football management. Or even football in general. Touché  :dead horse:

Funny how I can in a SINGLE SENTENCE do what you couldn't do on a page.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead