watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (16/03/10)

Started by WhiteJC, March 16, 2010, 07:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/March/DownsSyndromeTournamentReview.aspx

Down's Syndrome Tournament Success
Monday 15th March 2010

The sounds of cheers and applause echoed from Fulham FC's Motspur Park Training Ground on Sunday, 14th March as Down's Syndrome football teams from across London came together to launch Down's Syndrome Awareness Week.

The tournament brought together 60 DSActive players representing the four London-based DSActive teams: Fulham Badgers, QPR Tiger Cubs, Charlton Upbeats and West Ham United DS Team. Unlike traditional tournaments, the main focus was not on winning or losing, but just taking part.

The day commenced at 11am with circuit training focusing on passing, dribbling, hand-eye co-ordination and team development. Each area of focus was led by a different club opening the players up to new skills and techniques as well as different coaching methods.

After an awards ceremony for the younger players and lunch, the players came back to the Training Ground to engage in a tournament. Two matches were played side by side allowing all the players equal opportunities to play in the ten minute matches.

Each team played six matches. The players worked on using the techniques they used in training including 'back heel' and 'trapping the ball' as well as penalty and corner kicks. Goals were scored and goals were blocked. It didn't matter who scored – everyone cheered.

Patricia James from the DSA said "It was fantastic, all of the clubs came together to put on this brilliant tournament. The end result was extraordinary with 60 players coming together to demonstrate what people with Down's Syndrome can achieve – a perfect kick off to Down's Syndrome Awareness Week.

Expanding on the DSActive programme, Patricia continued, "The DSA looks forward to continuing to development its partnerships with the participating clubs and building new DSActive teams throughout the country as we strive to provide every person with Down's Syndrome the same opportunity as yesterday's players."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/March/DownsSyndromeTournamentReview.aspx#ixzz0iKGS68eB

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Fanzone/FFCMatchdayProgramme.aspx
Matchday Programme

With a place in the quarter-final of the UEFA Europa League up for grabs Thursday evening's visit of Italian giants Juventus is a game not to be missed.

The 27-time Serie A winners and twice European champions may have taken the first leg advantage, but a crucial away goal from Dickson Etuhu sets up an exciting second leg encounter at Craven Cottage.

An electrifying atmosphere is once again expected on the banks of the Thames, with Roy Hodgson's side entering the action unbeaten at home in Europe this season.

The Whites have already seen off Manchester United and Liverpool comfortably here this term, and will be looking to add Juve to that expanding list of big-name conquests.

So as the two teams do battle at our famous old ground, be sure to pick up the one-off Special Edition, perfect-bound Matchday Programme to commemorate what could well be the most famous of nights in our long history.

Packed from cover to cover with all the essential matchday information, the 84-page journal is the essential companion and souvenir for every Fulham fixture.

With its eye catching design and in-depth features, the very special edition includes: 

Exclusive insight from Manager Roy Hodgson. 
Danny Murphy's views on recent action in his Captain's Column. 
An exclusive interview with Fulham number one Mark Schwarzer who insists there is still plenty to play for. 
A Q&A with former Fulham shot-stopper and ex Juve goalkeeper Edwin Van der Sar. 
The Guest Column with former Whites goal hero Geoff Horsfield. 
A look back on our memorable last 32 defeat of Shakhtar Donetsk. 
UEFA Europa League round-up and match action from our first leg game with Juventus and FA Cup Sixth Round draw with Tottenham. 
Through The Ranks with Academy starlet Courtney Harris.
A look back at Dickson Etuhu's career in the Scrapbook.
The latest action from the Fulham Academy and unprecedented fan interaction and tonnes of fun for younger fans too.

PLUS: A chance to win a fantastic eye-catching LG Crystal mobile phone in our Lucky Programme Number draw.

The brilliant matchday publication will be on sale in and around the ground from two-hours before kick-off and at half-time around the ground.

The brilliant matchday publication will be on sale in and around the ground from two-hours before kick-off, so don't miss out.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Fanzone/FFCMatchdayProgramme.aspx#ixzz0iKGl7OTK

White Noise

http://www.marketingweek.co.uk/news/seatwave-launches-first-tv-ad/3011152.article

Seatwave launches first TV ad

Mon, 15 Mar 2010

By David Burrows

Concert ticket booking service, Seatwave, has launched its debut TV ad.

Seatwave

Created by Space City Productions, the ad aims to educate viewers on how to use the site and attract a broad range of new customers.

As Europe's largest ticket marketplace, Seatwave has already run ad campaigns in magazines, regional radio and London's Underground network.

The commercial is airing on Freeview channels such as ITV2, Sky News, Sky Sports News, Virgin 1, More4, Comedy Central, Fiver and Dave.

Focusing on three average fan types who would use the site, the commercial highlights the safety features and consumer guarantees offered to all consumers using Seatwave.

Filmed on location at Fulham Football Club and the Apollo Theatre, the ad reflects Seatwave's music, theatre and sports offering, says marketing director James Hamlin.

White Noise

Meanwhile, the second month of goalkeeper David Stockdale's loan spell from Fulham to Argyle will end after the trip to Scunthorpe.

But Mariner is planning on extending it for a third and final month, subject to the approval of Fulham.

Stockdale has started 10 successive matches since signing for Argyle in January and displacing Romain Larrieu.

Read more: http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/sport/DELAY-SIGNING-PAIR/article-1914863-detail/article.html#ixzz0iKTKVj4t

White Noise

http://hammyend.com/?p=5978

Zamora v Canavarro

by Dan on March 16, 2010

Bobby on Part 1:

He's a clever player. He gets those little fouls and pulls that the referee doesn't see and that's why he's won a World Cup, that's why he's one of the best defenders in the world.

But I really enjoyed it and thought I did well against him. I held the ball up well at times and made him work.

Our man's right. Canavarro is one of the best defenders in the world and very impressive in the air for a guy who isn't even 6ft tall. But Bobby gave him a really good game, battling for everything and making some intelligent runs that, with a bit more luck, could have bought greater rewards – especially in a much tighter second half.

This game also reminded what I didn't like about the Italian footballing philosophy. Defending is an art form in Italy but at set plays they'll stop you anyway they can. In the first leg alone, Zamora was kicked from pillar to post and Canavarro ruffled his hair cheekily in that way that people do when they know they committed a bad foul. At corners and free kicks, Juve defenders concentrated on blocking off Fulham attackers rather than watching the ball. One such incident denied Hangeland a goal as Legrottaglie yanked at his shirt, denying him the necessary leverage to head the ball into the far corner.

The thing that surprised me about the Juve defence was how slow and disorganised they were. Fulham had a lot of joy from crosses in the second period and a couple of quick breaks caused the home defence problems. With the Italians short of defenders and likely to have to play their third choice keeper, who helped them blow a 3-0 lead against rock bottom Siena on Sunday.

There's no doubt Hodgson will go for it on Thursday, though I don't he'll throw caution to the wind from the first whistle. Bobby might just be the one smiling after this game.

White Noise

http://www.sportsecho.co.uk/lincolncity/Lincoln-City-attempt-extend-Matthew-Saunders-loan/article-1910972-detail/article.html

Lincoln City attempt to extend Matthew Saunders loan

Monday, March 15, 2010,

Lincoln City will attempt to extend Matthew Saunders' loan this week after Chris Sutton hailed the Fulham midfielder's impact on the club's relegation fight.

The playmaker is due to return to the capital after tomorrow's night's clash against Dagenham, but the Imps are set to push for a one-month extension.

Talks were set to begin today with the Premier League outfit and Sutton is hopeful Saunders will remain at Sincil Bank, where he has become a key figure in recent weeks.

The 20-year-old was in irresistible form on Friday when he scored twice in a 3-1 win against Hereford as the Imps moved 10 points clear of the drop zone.

And Sutton admitted Saunders' contribution has been instrumental during the club's League Two relegation dogfight.

"Matty has done very well for us in the two months he has been here," said Sutton.

"Coming to us has aided his development because he's playing games in a competitive league, but in return he has shown what a good player he is.

"We want to keep him because his contribution has been key to us and we are hoping to keep him for one more month.

"We'll be talking to Fulham and I'm hopeful we will receive the all clear because he certainly does make a difference to our team with his footballing brain.

"He does have an immense about of ability and his performance on Friday demonstrated that."

White Noise

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sheff_utd/8568017.stm

Sheffield United defender Toni Kallio out for six weeks 

Kallio has made eight appearances for United in two loan spells this term

Sheffield United defender Toni Kallio has been ruled out for six weeks.

The 31-year-old Finn, who is on loan from Fulham, picked up a calf injury against Crystal Palace on 6 March.

Assistant manager Sam Ellis to told BBC Radio Sheffield: "We've been given a time of six weeks, so he's not going to be back fit until the end of April."

United are trying to bring in a defender on loan in time for Tuesday's Blackpool game with Chris Morgan and Kyle Bartley also ruled out.

Morgan is suspended for Tuesday's game and Bartley is suffering with severe food poisoning.

"We're quite short of players. We're going to have to see if we can bring somebody in," added Ellis.

White Noise

http://www.clubcall.com/aston-villa/defender-linked-exit-door-1038175.html

Defender linked with exit door

Aston Villa, 12:19, March 15, 2010

Aston Villa defender Habib Beye is again being linked with a move away as Sunderland and Fulham chase his signature.

The Black Cats were linked with a move for the player during the January transfer window but a deal failed to materialise and he ended up staying at Villa Park.

However Beye has opened the door to a move to the Stadium of Light after revealing he wants to move on in search of first-team football at the end of the season, while the Cottagers could also be an option for him.

Martin O'Neill is unlikely to stand in the player's way at the end of the season and there will be no shortage of interest in the former Newcastle defender.

White Noise

http://football365.com/story/0,17033,8750_6029050,00.html

Jimmy Bullard Answers Your Questions...

Posted 15/03/10 15:46

You asked the questions, Jimmy Bullard gave the answers. Troublingly, about half the posers you lot sent in were about his hair, but read on for his thoughts on Oompa Loompas, Hull and arm-wrestling...

It should be noted that the questions were asked before Phil Brown was shown the door at the KC...

With no disrespect intended towards Hull, I'm wondering why you moved from Fulham last season when they appeared to be on the right track to establishing themselves as a decent outfit in the Premier League?
Paul, Toronto, Canada

There was a bit of contention between the manager and the chief exec, one would offer me one contract, the other would offer me something else. I asked for a lot of meetings and felt I wasn't being treated right. I felt that the manager wouldn't back me and the club didn't want me which got tedious. I wanted the club to want me to play for them, and to give me a new contract which they weren't willing to do and this is what I said to the club at the time. So I took it upon myself to speak to Hull and I heard more than I wanted to hear from them, they wanted me to play for them and I'm happy there.

Huge

Quote from: White Noise on March 16, 2010, 09:09:50 AM
http://www.marketingweek.co.uk/news/seatwave-launches-first-tv-ad/3011152.article

Seatwave launches first TV ad

Mon, 15 Mar 2010

By David Burrows

Concert ticket booking service, Seatwave, has launched its debut TV ad.

Seatwave

Created by Space City Productions, the ad aims to educate viewers on how to use the site and attract a broad range of new customers.

As Europe's largest ticket marketplace, Seatwave has already run ad campaigns in magazines, regional radio and London's Underground network.

The commercial is airing on Freeview channels such as ITV2, Sky News, Sky Sports News, Virgin 1, More4, Comedy Central, Fiver and Dave.

Focusing on three average fan types who would use the site, the commercial highlights the safety features and consumer guarantees offered to all consumers using Seatwave.

Filmed on location at Fulham Football Club and the Apollo Theatre, the ad reflects Seatwave's music, theatre and sports offering, says marketing director James Hamlin.

Thanks for this one, its a publication that i have have to read weekly for my job. i cant believe i missed this one. am going to call them. thanks WN!!
The Dude abides