more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (19/12/11)...

Started by WhiteJC, December 19, 2011, 08:03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Buzzing Lee-Barrett Praise For Stockdale

Arran Lee-Barrett has spoken of his mixed feeling towards David Stockdale's departure.

Stockdale was recalled by Fulham after Mark Schwarzer was rule dout for six weeks with a spinal problem and marke dhis return with a clean sheet against Bolton.

Lee-Barrett also kept a clean sheet for Town, their first in nine games, but admitted he would miss the England squad keeper.

"In one way sorry to see him go but if he has a chance to play regularly in the Premier League he has to take it,' said lee-Barrett.
"He helped me a lot in his time here - us goalkeepers stick together."

But Stockdale going, and Richard Wright recovering from a pectoral muscle injury, meant a rare start for Lee-Barrett who signed for Ipswich after training with the club following his release by Hartlepool United.

After he put in a man of the match performance against Derby he said: "I`m really buzzing. It is great to be back playing at Portman Road again and to get a clean sheet is a bonus.

"The starting point for this win was at Barnsley last week.
"We wanted to take that second half performance into this game
"Our confidence has been lifted and it has been a while for me to be this involved.'

Read more: http://www.ipswich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=266081#ixzz1gz4nl6tJ

WhiteJC

WOULDN'T A LOAN MOVE BE IDEAL FOR ARSENAL'S WING-WIZARD?

Fulham and Feyenoord are reportedly both interested in signing Arsenal youngster Ryo Miyaichi  on loan in January, but it remains to be seen whether Arsene Wenger will allow him to leave the club on a temporary deal next month.

Fulham boss Martin Jol  experienced firsthand what the 19-year-old winger is capable of when he was in charge of Ajax, and it's believed the Dutchman was impressed with the Arsenal starlet's 12-game loan spell at Feyenoord last season, where he managed to score 3 goals for the Dutch club and help them avoid relegation.

It is thought Wenger is slightly in favour of loaning out Miyaichi, who has made 2 cameo appearances for The Gunners this season in the League Cup, in January in order to help the Japanese youth star gain further first-team experience.

Fulham could be in with a chance of sealing a deal for Miyaichi, but it looks like Feyenoord could be slightly favoured due to their good relationship with Arsenal.

The Eredivisie side are said to have impressed Wenger with how they looked after the young winger during his four-month loan spell last season, and also sent DVD's of all of Miyaichi's performances for Arsene to assess.

As stated before, it remains to be seen what Wenger decides to do with Miyaichi this January. If the Frenchman feels the youngster needs to gain more first-team experience in order to make the breakthrough at Arsenal then he will send him out on loan to attain this, no questions asked.

So, Fulham or Feyenoord for Miyaichi? Out of the two, I think a move to Fulham would be more ideal for the youngster, simply because he needs to adapt to the English game and experience the physicality of the Premier league. However, a move abroad wouldn't be bad either.

Ligue 1 strugglers Valenciennes are also believed to be interested in the Arsenal starlet.

http://thisisfutbol.com/2011/12/blogs/wouldnt-a-loan-move-be-ideal-for-arsenals-wing-wizard?

WhiteJC

Fulham mull move for Maynard?
by DAN on DECEMBER 19, 2011

The Sun says that Fulham have identified Bristol City striker Nicky Maynard as a replacement for Bobby Zamora.

Maynard, who has scored 45 goals in 122 appearances for City, is out of contract in the summer and, although City have previously stated that he is not for sale, the Championship club could be tempted by a big offer. The paper reports that Martin Jol is considering tabling a £4m bid for the 25 year-old, who has scored seven goals in 22 appearances this season.

City are also actively trying to fight off Fulham's interest in their Ghanaian winger Albert Adomah by offering him a new contract.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2011/12/fulham-mull-move-for-maynard/?

WhiteJC

Jol excited by 'improving' Ruiz

Martin Jol says that Fulham are beginning to see the best of Bryan Ruiz and backed the Costa Rican winger to prove just why he was a 'legend' in Holland.

Ruiz made one and scored the other as Fulham secured a vital win over Bolton Wanderers at Craven Cottage on Saturday and is showing signs of reaching the level that made him an integral part of FC Twente's title-winning side two years ago after a slow start in the English game. Jol insists there's more to come.

Ruiz was probably the second-best player in Holland over the last three or four years behind Luis Suarez. Holland is not a big league, but there are a lot of good players. He was sort of a legend over there, so it was a bit ­disappointing he couldn't show us what he did in Holland.

The most important thing was to get him fit because he was injured when he came from Holland. But last week he did 12.5kms in the game. That is a lot for a player like him because he is stylist, a ­technical player. You will enjoy his game.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2011/12/jol-excited-by-improving-ruiz/?

WhiteJC

Bolton Lucky Programme Number

The lucky fan who purchased a matchday programme last night with the unique number 02564 on the back cover has won a limited edition 2000/01 Season Review DVD and Commemorative Coin Set.

If your number matches (02564) then please contact us on [email protected] or pop into Craven Cottage reception with a scan or photo of the back of your programme and we'll be in touch.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/December/BoltonLuckyProgrammeNumber.aspx?#ixzz1gz60B3zU

WhiteJC

Fulham boss feels Ruiz is getting there

Manager Martin Jol believes Bryan Ruiz is nearing his best form after the Fulham midfielder scored once and set up the other in Saturday's 2-0 victory over Bolton.

Ruiz has struggled to hold down a regular place in the Whites' line-up since his £10m move to Craven Cottage in the summer, but set up Clint Dempsey's opener against Bolton and then added a cheeky second just a minute later.

The result was the perfect tonic for Jol after his side had surrendered a two-goal lead against Danish club Odense to crash out of the Europa League three days earlier.

"I felt Bryan did well over the last three or four games, especially against Arsenal," said the Fulham manager. "He can set up goals like he did with the first one and score them as well.

"The main thing was his fitness because he wasn't 100 per cent fit when he came in the summer, but I think if you look at his stats now and his confidence, he's getting there.

"The most important thing was to get the points after the disappointment on Wednesday. Hopefully it's a blessing – it was harsh to go out, but on the other hand we can focus on the Premier League."

Fulham never looked in danger of repeating their Odense slip as they dominated against the Premier League's basement boys to claim a deserved three points.

Bolton were first to threaten, however, when Kevin Davies pounced on Dickson Etuhu's mistake to set up Nigel Reo-Coker, whose low drive flew across goal and wide.

Yet the home side soon took control, and Dempsey's clever pass sent Andrew Johnson away to clip the ball around Jussi Jaaskelainen but wide of the post as well.

Johnson found himself continually frustrated by the offside flag, but Brede Hangeland went close for the Whites before John Arne Riise's low, skidding free-kick finally forced a save from Jaaskelainen.

Fulham finally broke the deadlock on 32 minutes as Ruiz sent over a pinpoint cross for Dempsey, who stole in front of Dedryck Boyata to direct his header beyond the diving Jaaskelainen into the far corner.

And it was 2-0 barely a minute later as Hangeland's clearance found its way through to the Costa Rican, who held off Marcos Alonso and coolly dinked a left-footed chip over the helpless Bolton keeper.

Bolton might have reduced the deficit just before half-time when Reo-Coker got away from Riise and cut the ball back for Ivan Klasnic, but David Stockdale came to the Cottagers' rescue.

And the visitors rarely looked like matching Odense's feat in the second half, although substitute David Ngog set up Fabrice Muamba, who fired tamely at Stockdale.

Fulham might have added further goals, but often seemed to be content toying with their hapless opponents rather than going for the killer blow as chances for Dempsey, Ruiz and Johnson went begging.

Fulham: Stockdale; Baird, Hangeland, Senderos, Riise; Ruiz, Murphy, Etuhu, Dempsey; Johnson, Dembele.

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/fulham_boss_feels_ruiz_is_getting_there_1_1157169?

WhiteJC

Golden Goal

Bryan Ruiz netted another spectacular strike on Saturday, helping the Whites secure a well-deserved three-point haul. Speaking to fulhamfc.com, Ruiz described his delight at another cool finish in front of goal and an important victory.

The win moved the Whites up the Barclays Premier League table to 11th and it was another delightful goal from Ruiz, Fulham's second of the match, that made sure of the points.

Clint Dempsey played Ruiz through on goal with a perceptive pass but the Costa Rica international still had it all to do with Jussi Jaaskelainen to beat – but he awed the Craven Cottage crown with a truly audacious lob over the advancing Bolton 'keeper.

"I was against the goalkeeper and I had many things in my head," Ruiz told fulhamfc.com as he looked back on the goal. "But I did it like that because I have confidence in finishing like that.

"It was really good, we knew we needed to win and it was good to get the result. It was really a pity what happened last Wednesday [going out of the UEFA Europa League] but these three points which were really important for our league position."

Ruiz's levels of match fitness have clearly been building as the weeks have gone by and the player certainly feels that he's starting to reach optimal fitness just in time for the forthcoming match against Manchester United.

"I'm really enjoying it here," he said. "I feel really fit and it's very good because I'm playing 90 minutes now and I'm running a lot so it's very good for my confidence.

"Against Manchester United it will be very difficult but we will try to enjoy ourselves, take the game very seriously and try to win."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/December/RuizBoltonReaction.aspx#ixzz1gz6aT4rT

WhiteJC

Ruiz growing in confidence

Bryan Ruiz said he had confidence in his scooped finish against Bolton on Saturday – because he's scored like that in the past.

The Fulham winger scored his second Fulham goal with a cheekily chipped finish over Juusi Jaaskelainen to cap a fine display against the league's bottom side, which also included a fine cross for Clint Dempsey's opener.

I was against the goalkeeper and I had many things in my head. But I did it like that because I have confidence in finishing like that.

Ruiz was delighted with the victory, which lifted Fulham up to eleventh in the table:

It was really good, we knew we needed to win and it was good to get the result. It was really a pity what happened last Wednesday but these three points which were really important for our league position.

I'm really enjoying it here. I feel really fit and it's very good because I'm playing 90 minutes now and I'm running a lot so it's very good for my confidence. Against Manchester United it will be very difficult but we will try to enjoy ourselves, take the game very seriously and try to win.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2011/12/ruiz-growing-in-confidence/?

WhiteJC

Fulham look to future after announcing record profits

Fulham today posted record profits of £4.8million for the past financial year.

The Barclays Premier League club have also reported a record revenue of £77.1million for the 2010/11 season, according to figures released to Press Association Sport for the year ending June 30, 2011.

Fulham recorded a profit of £5.4million, before interest and taxation, and enjoyed a 4.9% increase in attendance, which saw Craven Cottage secure a 98% occupancy figure for the season.

"The club has made great strides in recent years, and this excellent set of financial results is just reward for our progress," Fulham chairman Mohamed Al Fayed said in a statement released to Press Association Sport.

"As always, I am determined to ensure the club moves in the right direction whilst remaining true to our history, heritage and past traditions."

The west Londoners finished the 2010/11 season eighth in the top flight and currently lie 11th in the table.

Off the field, the club's progress has been highlighted by their recently-announced plans to increase Craven Cottage's capacity to 30,000.

The stadium has been Fulham's home since 1896 and would be subject to wider facility improvements, as well as the Riverside Stand development.

On the plans, Al Fayed added: "The announcement of our plans to redevelop the Riverside Stand, whilst opening up the Riverwalk for the benefit of the community, is further proof that my ambition for this football club remains resolute."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/fulham-look-to-future-after-announcing-record-profits-6279273.html?

Lighthouse

Fulham striker Marcello Trotta, who is set to return from a loan spell at Wycombe Wanderers is hoping to one day make it for the Whites, but would like to stay with the Chairboys in the meantime.

The 19-year-old Italian has scored three goals in as many games and is a popular player at Adams Park.

"I think we are looking at something for Christmas," he told BBC Three Counties.

"I'm happy at the club and it's good for me to stay here. When you enjoy it you score goals and are happy."

He added: "When I score I'm happy. That's the main thing.

"I hope I can do that more and help this team get more wins to help them go up the table."

While Trotta is pleased to assist Wanderers' battle for League One survival he has his long-term sights set on a career with Fulham, where he has scored nine times in seven reserve games this season.

"The Premier League is where I want to play one day for Fulham and I am working hard for it," he said.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope