Boxing Day Tube Strike

Started by Lighthouse, December 19, 2011, 06:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Arsenal could postpone Boxing Day clash because of tube strike
Page last updated at 18:29 GMT, Monday, 19 December 2011
E-mail this to a friend Printable version By Matt Monaghan

BBC Sport

Arsenal's home Boxing Day clash against Wolves could be postponed Arsenal will decide within 48 hours whether to delay their Boxing Day match with Wolverhampton Wanderers because of a proposed tube strike.

Trade union Aslef has announced industrial action that could shut down the London underground system.

A club spokesman told BBC Sport: "Arsenal are considering postponement to 27 December as one of the options."

Chelsea say they are monitoring the situation ahead of their Boxing Day derby against Fulham.

More to follow.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Berserker

I hope they don't move it to a day i can't make as i've already paid for my Chelsea tickey
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Nick the Swede

-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Fletchino

My tickets come today it better not be moved I think will win there this year

os5889

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2553006,00.html

BOXING DAY FIXTURE STATEMENT
Posted on: Mon 19 Dec 2011
Chelsea Football Club would like to make clear that we are consulting with London Transport, the Metropolitan Police and all relevant local authorities regarding our Barclays Premier League fixture with Fulham at Stamford Bridge on December 26.
At present, a proposed industrial strike on London Underground, combined with the lack of national rail services in operation could make reaching the stadium difficult both for Chelsea and Fulham supporters, as well as matchday staff and employees, all of whose safety and wellbeing remains our primary concern.
Any further decisions or developments will be made public first through Chelseafc.com.

TheDaddy

Gentleman trains will run stations will be open half the drivers are aslef the union going on strike ! the rest are RMT 99% of station staff are RMT .Im also in RMT and i can tell you most of us think what there asking for is madness ! before you travel check tfl web site for information...
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

JohnKovacs

Is it just me, or do the unions threaten to strike and shut down the tubes nearly every Christmas? Weren't they threatening to strike last year about this time as well?

Basil

Engineering Works between Parson Green and Wimb on Boxing Day anyway so makes little difference for those coming that way..and we cant start rearragiong fixtures for engineering works, otherwise we would have serious backlog!

finnster01

Shocker: This just in, People striking in Britain?  fp.gif

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

The Equalizer

Quote from: finnster01 on December 20, 2011, 08:08:47 AM
Shocker: This just in, People striking in Britain?  fp.gif

We're not as bad as the French.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

epsomraver

Quote from: TheDaddy on December 19, 2011, 10:49:20 PM
Gentleman trains will run stations will be open half the drivers are aslef the union going on strike ! the rest are RMT 99% of station staff are RMT .Im also in RMT and i can tell you most of us think what there asking for is madness ! before you travel check tfl web site for information...

Must be madness then for old Bob Crows lot to think that!