watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - How do we all earn a crust?

Started by Ron Sheepskin, December 20, 2011, 05:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sheepskin

Stumbling across the revelation that our very own Admin is a tree surgeon, I found myself wondering what everybody does for a living. I know, for example, that Fred works on the bins for the council, and Owen is striving for accountancy qualifications - but what about the rest of us?

I'll start. Nothing exciting - I've spent many years as a database designer and developer and am now the assistant IT manager for a legal firm in the City.  085.gif
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

sipwell

I teach grads and undergrads at uni ("teaching assistant) and write (in this case finish) a PhD. From September 1st onwards, I'll be unemployed though (contract ends, non-renewable).
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

The Doctor

Consultant for a hydrology firm.  Bloody lucky to have this job, so grafting hard to fly through my probation.

Sipwell, good luck with the post-PhD job hunting mate.  I was there only a few months ago and it can be a long, hard and (at times) soul-destroying process

michaelread

3 things,
1. im a full time Uni student studying Psychology.

2. I work part time in a liquor store for extra cash.

3. I am a freelance musician, writing 'score' music for short films, commercials, plays, specific parts of feature films etc. This is starting to take off big time (got a job working on a new cartoon for Nickelodeon) so I think the above two will be put on hold for a while!

I also play in a band that gets quite a few shows in my city/sydney, but all the money we get on the night usually goes straight back into 'fun' and then whatever is left is spent on more music gear. I guess that makes it a hobby.

Mitch

Letting Agent - Basically a qualified estate agent who does all of their own conveyancing.

jarv

Have my own business, sell football kit and equipment (goals, nets, balls, coaching stuff, field liners etc etc.). Also, coach a high school girls footie team (for pocket money) and volunteer ski instructor to disabled (for free ski passes which are really bloody expensive these days).

Jack Fulham

Work part time at Sandown Park but I'm in my 2nd year of College at the moment. Being under 18 means I get £4.75 per hour which quite frankly sucks but I can't be bothered to look for another job at the moment.

LBNo11

...I work at a Refrigeration & Air Conditioning company that services and maintains and supplies spares for most makes of 'chillers', I started here in 1972!!!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

ron

Perhaps, seeing as it's Christmas, this thread could be turned into a parlour game , much in the style of "What's My Line?" ..?

Now, who's going to be Eamonn Andrews, and who's first with a mime of their job (could be a bit tricky on here !)... ?

Fletchino

gas engineer. I repair boilers well sometimes. for british gas social housing in hammersmith and fulham.

jarv

Post clues and see who gets it first. If it catches on, could take over the whole forum though!! Maybe not such a good idea. :011:

Berserker

I'm an IT financial functional support analsyst
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Fletchino

Quote from: LBNo11 on December 20, 2011, 06:13:37 PM
...I work at a Refrigeration & Air Conditioning company that services and maintains and supplies spares for most makes of 'chillers', I started here in 1972!!!

Sounds like a cool job.... Get Coat gif

TonyGilroy

If you're buying or selling a house, expecting to die or have a dear one who just has

visit

http://www.gilroysteel.com/

for expert conveyancing Wills and probate.

Instruct the boss and you also get free but interminable Fulham chat.

LBNo11

Quote from: FLETCHINO on December 20, 2011, 06:19:14 PM
Quote from: LBNo11 on December 20, 2011, 06:13:37 PM

Sounds like a cool job.... Get Coat gif

:005: :54:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

CorkCity

I work for the Kilkenny Group as Logistics Manager, we only sell Irish Designed goods, 80% of our shippings go to America.

God bless America.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

supersimmo123

International Recruitment Consultant love it.. money is ok and get to travel but be back on weekends to watch the mighty whites...

SheffieldWhite

I am now retired but my last job was headteacher of a large comprehensive school in Doncaster. Kevin Keegan was a former pupil.

sunburywhite

I work for a company based in Waltham Cross that supplies restaurants, hotels and B&I with fruit and vegetables (and other short shelf life products)
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

grimmynz

I run an international freight forwarding company based in NZ and Aussie