watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Roy's future

Started by CorkedHat, March 19, 2010, 08:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkedHat

Almost every newspaper you read suggests that Roy will be offered the England job when Capello resigns after the World Cup.
By the time the 2014 World Cup comes around, Roy will be nearer seventy than sixty and you wonder whether the FA will see this as a disadvantage.
We can only but hope
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

WhiteJC

I wonder how all this is effecting Capello? after all he's not English, not even British, so if the tabloids are saying he's going to loose his job, before his team has lost a match! what must his state of mind be? will he be bloody minded enough to go and win it anyway? How much of a factor could national pride be?

FC Silver Fox

They've already nicked one of our managers for that job. If they think they can steal another, they can get stuffed.  :034:
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

FulhamGK

We all know the US is not going to win... so here's my thinking.

1.  England Win the World Cup
2.  Capello stays on as boss
3.  Roy congratulates him and stays at the Cottage until retirement

Does this sound like a good idea to anyone else but me?  :54:
Don't mess with Texas!

mofulham

Fulham GK that sounds like a great idea.  However, I have all the respect in the world for Roy and I sense the England job would be the greatest honor for him.  If that is the case then I want him to have it.  The man deserves whatever coaching job he wants.  Good news is I dont think he wants any other job over fulham - so it's England or FFC.